Survivor Kaoh Rong Brawn/Brains/Beauty CBS Feb. 17, 2016 - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 163Likes

post #271 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I think of Jason and Scott telling Julia how Tai was not truly in the final three alliance and they'd be dumping him.

Joke's on you scum bags!

Love it!
WS65711 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow View Post
I think of Jason and Scott telling Julia how Tai was not truly in the final three alliance and they'd be dumping him.

Joke's on you scum bags!

Love it!
Yes, exactly what I picked up on too. Ha! Of course, Jason will conveniently forget that and act bruised and vengeful. I do worry about Tai and possible blowback. But at least he can look at this episode, and the Jason/Scott conversation specifically, and know they never really cared for him too deeply.
post #273 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 740
Scot sure did flip his tone during his exit interview. He acted with some class and respect at least. He couldnt have won, this big move just gives Tai even more of a chance to win, right now, its his to lose. Audry is doing well also, but Tai has more power with idols and the advantage.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 389
I wonder if Tai picked up Julia urging him to "play it, play it" with regard to the idol, before the votes were read. And if he did hear her, will he realize that she was just trying to flush out his idol?

To anyone interested in a Google Chromebox or Chromebook..
Be aware that these boxes run a variant of Linux and DO NOT support HDCP!!!
This means no support for HD on most streaming services. I wish I would have known this beforehand....

Blu-rays & DVD's
post #275 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3029 Post(s)
Liked: 3970
The bottom line here really is Tai's move flips the dynamic .. and since Scot was so flustered, he took the other Idol with him instead of handing it back to Jason, Tai holds the only remaining found Idol .. and they all know it .. the Season suddenly got a bit more interesting ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #276 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
I thought that was one of the biggest blindsides in Survivor history. But I'm sure the rest of you out there will probably find others that were equal or bigger.
From the standpoint of Scot having absolutely no Earthly idea that Tai would deny the Idol, this one's got to rank in at least the top five or better .. and as Scot just kept looking at Tai and expecting the Idol to be coughed up, man, oh man, what a moment .. this is the kind of stuff that has kept me watching all these years ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #277 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
The bottom line here really is Tai's move flips the dynamic .. and since Scot was so flustered, he took the other Idol with him instead of handing it back to Jason, Tai holds the only remaining found Idol .. and they all know it .. the Season suddenly got a bit more interesting ..
I doubt that once a player has been voted out they can give an idol they are holding to another contestant still in the game.
djb5f likes this.
post #278 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
While it made for good TV,Tai made his road harder not easier. He has no real allies,Aubry is a temporary ally and will not want to sit with him in then end,and the other players most likely feel the same. While Tai could go on immunity run and get to the end like Mike did last year it is going to be hard. Tai would have been better off with the two meat shields. The scene where Scot and Jason discussed getting rid of Tai down the road may have been for Julia's benefit so that there was no wasted super idol play at tribal. Aubry has to get some credit for being really tough and working Tai after being a mess previously. I have a feeling that the winner might not be very satisfying this season. Once Scot was voted out he couldn't hand over his idol. It is out of the game. Jason should have kept it till it was time to use it.
shivaji, JoeNc and redmeister like this.

Last edited by jimbology; 04-21-2016 at 11:01 AM.
post #279 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post
I doubt that once a player has been voted out they can give an idol they are holding to another contestant still in the game.
Agree. If they could, I think it would have been done in a prior season.. but it hasn't, as best as I can remember.

To anyone interested in a Google Chromebox or Chromebook..
Be aware that these boxes run a variant of Linux and DO NOT support HDCP!!!
This means no support for HD on most streaming services. I wish I would have known this beforehand....

Blu-rays & DVD's
post #280 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post
While it made for good TV,Tai made his road harder not easier. He has no real allies,Aubry is a temporary ally and will not want to sit with him in then end,and the other players most likely feel the same. While he could go on immunity run and get to the end like Mike did last year it is going to be hard. Tai would have been better off with the two meat shields. The scene where Scot and Jason discussed getting rid of Tai down the road may have been for Julia's benefit so that there was no wasted super idol play at tribal. Aubry has to get some credit for being really tough and working Tai after being a mess previously. I have a feeling that the winner might not be very satisfying this season. Once Scot was voted out he couldn't hand over his idol. It is out of the game. Jason should have kept it till it was time to use it.
I loved your line about about meat shields. Very funny!
post #281 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I don't see how this is a good move for Tai. He blindsided Scot who had been his ally since the tribe shakeup. Michelle and Julia were also blindsided as they both voted for Tai. Tai is now allied with Aubry, Cydney and Joe with a target on his back since he has an idol and an advantage. He could have used the super idol to save Scot and kept two bigger targets them him in the game along with two goats. Tai would still have had his advantage that no one knows what it is.Instead he sent Scot to the jury a person who will likely not vote for Tai if he is in the finals. You also have Debbie on the jury who has said she wants a woman to win. I also don't see Tai as the first choice of either Neal or Nick at final tribal.Going to the end with Jason and Scot would be the best way for Tai to win.
JoeNc likes this.
post #282 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Agree with everyone - great episode. My wife was worried everyone was going to vote Tai and he would be the one left empty-handed when the other jerks didn't give up the other idol. Glad it turned out the other way!

My wife had a great line when Debbie walked onto the jury - "She looks so much better with her clothes on!". ha!
post #283 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy7 View Post
I don't see how this is a good move for Tai. He blindsided Scot who had been his ally since the tribe shakeup. Michelle and Julia were also blindsided as they both voted for Tai. Tai is now allied with Aubry, Cydney and Joe with a target on his back since he has an idol and an advantage. He could have used the super idol to save Scot and kept two bigger targets them him in the game along with two goats. Tai would still have had his advantage that no one knows what it is.Instead he sent Scot to the jury a person who will likely not vote for Tai if he is in the finals. You also have Debbie on the jury who has said she wants a woman to win. I also don't see Tai as the first choice of either Neal or Nick at final tribal.Going to the end with Jason and Scot would be the best way for Tai to win.
Tai's good-natured-ness got the best of him(self).
post #284 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
One of the craziest moments in Survivor history, for sure. But as others have pointed out, Tai might have potentially screwed himself over by doing that. If he goes to the final 3 with Scot and Jason, he wins easily.

Now he has no real alliance (unless you count Aubry) and if the girls really want to, they can band together to flush his idol/advantage and then get rid of him eventually. Jason and Scot probably aren't voting for him at the end, since they'll probably still be fuming instead of respecting the move. He could still make it to the end have a solid resume, but I'm not necessarily sure who is voting for him to win at that point, even if he is the most deserving.

Long way to go still, but hopefully a replenished idol pops up to spice things up.
post #285 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 281
And now there's no "super" idol unless there's another unfound idol out there. If Jason had kept his idol, could he and Tai saved Scot? Or does the "savee" have to have part of the super idol?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #286 of 395 Old 04-22-2016, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1992 Post(s)
Liked: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy7 View Post
Tai discussed this on camera. He said it was Jason and Scott making all the decisions and never asking him what he wanted and he knew in that group he was bottom three and could be voted out, they were using him. He said if he switched, then maybe the other group would see him as someone they can now trust and he would have a better standing in that group then bullied around. Plus he still has his idol so he can use it to keep going.
WS65711 and John dhein like this.

post #287 of 395 Old 04-22-2016, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Plus, you have to remember that if Tai had played the SI to save Scot, that would have left him and Aubry tied with the most votes. He could have (would have?) gone home during the tie-breaker, either by revote or drawing rocks. So not saving Scot was a no-brainer, if only temporary.
post #288 of 395 Old 04-22-2016, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Tai discussed this on camera. He said it was Jason and Scott making all the decisions and never asking him what he wanted and he knew in that group he was bottom three and could be voted out, they were using him. He said if he switched, then maybe the other group would see him as someone they can now trust and he would have a better standing in that group then bullied around. Plus he still has his idol so he can use it to keep going.
Exactly .. it was evident and clearly / stupidly, the Meatheads were basically ignoring Tai and just using him to further themselves in the Game .. had Tai given up his Idol and saved Scot, his value to them would have diminished substantially if Tai had remained in the Game .. when Tai said something to the effect of "I'm not here to make good friends" .. that really was the tell, IMO .. he was talking about Scot and Jason ..

If Tai had given up the Idol, he and Aubrey were then tied on vote outs, this increasing the odds that Tai would be voted out on the re-vote since he would not be voting ..

Tai made the smart move, because, after all .. it's Outwit, Outlast, Outplay .. which he very neatly accomplished on all counts .. I believe the icing on this Cake was Tai also cast his vote at Tribal against Scot if memory serves ..

Survivor Nation celebrates this Brilliant Move .. .. Live to Play Another Day, Because Things Can Change Rapidly ..

Uncle Willie

post #289 of 395 Old 04-22-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Exactly .. it was evident and clearly / stupidly, the Meatheads were basically ignoring Tai and just using him to further themselves in the Game .. had Tai given up his Idol and saved Scot, his value to them would have diminished substantially if Tai had remained in the Game .. when Tai said something to the effect of "I'm not here to make good friends" .. that really was the tell, IMO .. he was talking about Scot and Jason ..

If Tai had given up the Idol, he and Aubrey were then tied on vote outs, this increasing the odds that Tai would be voted out on the re-vote since he would not be voting ..

Tai made the smart move, because, after all .. it's Outwit, Outlast, Outplay .. which he very neatly accomplished on all counts .. I believe the icing on this Cake was Tai also cast his vote at Tribal against Scot if memory serves ..

Survivor Nation celebrates this Brilliant Move .. .. Live to Play Another Day, Because Things Can Change Rapidly ..
You know what would have been even more perfect, is if in the previous episode when they both gave Tai the idols, and then Jeff asks if anyone has an Idol, Tai stands up and says, Jeff I am going to play JASON's idol but keep my idol and then give Jason's idol to one of the women going home.

post #290 of 395 Old 04-22-2016, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
You know what would have been even more perfect, is if in the previous episode when they both gave Tai the idols, and then Jeff asks if anyone has an Idol, Tai stands up and says, Jeff I am going to play JASON's idol but keep my idol and then give Jason's idol to one of the women going home.
Yes .. or after they went back to Camp, Tai kept both Idols and told the Meatheads to take a hike ..

Uncle Willie

post #291 of 395 Old 04-25-2016, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

None of my friends that watch the show are upset that Scot it gone. On the flip side, he wouldn't have been a bad person to be sitting in the finals with.

post #292 of 395 Old 04-28-2016, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Why would Aubrey tell Tai to not play the idol???
post #293 of 395 Old 04-28-2016, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Not exactly what I got out of it. She felt he was safe, but said use your gut.

post #294 of 395 Old 04-28-2016, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

my read is that she was being straight-forward to build up trust with Tai.

She must not be remotely thinking of turning on him (or thinks she may be able to use that idol in tandem down the road should they need it) or else, yes, it would be so easy to say, "Tai, I have a bad feeling, I think you are at risk" to get the idol out.

so, yes, it shows a tight alliance between the two or Aubrey wasn't thinking bigger picture.
post #295 of 395 Old 04-28-2016, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Wow!

As presented/edited + tribal comments, it left me thinking Tai was done.

Good move, saving his idol!
post #296 of 395 Old 04-28-2016, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Darn. More eye candy gone.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #297 of 395 Old 04-28-2016, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

The season has shaped up so far to be very good .. initially, I really had my doubts about Tai and his personal philosophy, however, he has turned out to be a great player / Kung Fu is strong in this one .. if he can make it to Final Tribal, I think he's a lock to win .. his odds are not bad .. still has an Idol and the Advantage .. if he can snag an Immunity to two, he's golden, I think ..

Uncle Willie

post #298 of 395 Old 04-28-2016, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Julia sealed Her own fate a few episodes back snitching on the others plans to Scott & Jason ...
Hughmc likes this.
post #299 of 395 Old 04-28-2016, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post
Julia sealed Her own fate a few episodes back snitching on the others plans to Scott & Jason ...
True, but she knew she wasn't in a top 3 with the others and if she did make it she would have no resume for the jury. As she said, she'd rather make a move to try for the win and get voted out than get drug to the end and get no votes.
post #300 of 395 Old 04-28-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
In addition to what was already stated, she also is not one of them that is part of the group saying they should flip on Tai. When they brought it up all she said was that there are a lot of things to think about. She never went along with it. So she was just being upfront with him, she thought he was safe (which he was) and to follow his gut.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page