Survivor Kaoh Rong Brawn/Brains/Beauty CBS Feb. 17, 2016 - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 163Likes

post #361 of 395 Old 05-18-2016, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbology View Post
Be afraid. 2 Hours to showtime on the West Coast.

2 1/2, you aint doing my taxes now.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 395 Old 05-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Congrats to Michele, she perservered when she was on the bottom and in a bad spot. Great choice on taking Neal out, would have been my choice too as Aubrey was the threat and he was a sure vote and more persuasive than Joe.

I maintained that Tai's standing in the game has long been overstated in this thread, not surprised he got shut out.
John dhein likes this.
post #363 of 395 Old 05-18-2016, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
MMMMMMMMMMMMM................Michelle............. MMMMMMMMMMMMM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 395 Old 05-18-2016, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3738 Post(s)
Liked: 2133
just another popularity contest

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP, Velodyne HGS 12, Velodyne VA1512
post #365 of 395 Old 05-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Wow, I did not see that coming. I thought right up to the time the votes were read, that it was going to be Aubrey in a landslide.
Hughmc and I WANT MORE like this.
post #366 of 395 Old 05-18-2016, 11:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Stupid internet lied about it being a final 2, I didn't mind though, the last challenge twist was cool.

post #367 of 395 Old 05-18-2016, 11:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 288
I just like the shots after each commercial break.

No fan favorite check again.

Mark should at least get chicken feed for life.

Michelle always was my favorite name.

Joe appeared to have fully recovered.

I guess not many on the jury were pulling for Cyd at the making fire test.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #368 of 395 Old 05-18-2016, 11:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just when you think Jason couldn't be more of a douche, you see his jacket and earrings.
curtlots and Hughmc like this.

post #369 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 01:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 59
a good season ended with pretentious drama...7 years...they should have waited for another 7 to vote off a jury member. It wasn't as impactful as the drama made it. It was like the producers needed filler. There was some good challenges right up to the end. Michelle is hot and Cydney is stunning too.
post #370 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2075 Post(s)
Liked: 2668
I thought that was an awesome finale. The fire making challenge was intense. Her fire was huge, but blowing the wrong way and then it dies out and I think its over and then it flares to life. Pretty cool. Then the new twist they never did before - loved it, voting out a jury member. Nice way to help get things into your favor slightly. No way did I see Michelle winning this so congrats. She won the immunity challenges exactly when she needed to. Good job.
WaTaGuMp and JoeNc like this.

post #371 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 98
With many of the comments and jury questions directed at Aubrey and Tai, I was certain Michelle would be the one with no votes. I thought I could even see that realization on her face as well during final tribal. Kudos to her for pulling it out.
post #372 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I thought that was an awesome finale. The fire making challenge was intense. Her fire was huge, but blowing the wrong way and then it dies out and I think its over and then it flares to life. Pretty cool. Then the new twist they never did before - loved it, voting out a jury member. Nice way to help get things into your favor slightly. No way did I see Michelle winning this so congrats. She won the immunity challenges exactly when she needed to. Good job.

I also LOVED the fire making contest, very good TV. I am a little sad the bitter jury voted on emotion instead of respecting game play. Oh well, it will not be the last time. The track record has been good for years though, Michelle shouldn't have won, Tai getting shut out, just shows the hurt clam jury mentality. The Sia thing giving money was nice, but WTF was up with her hair being a giant shield of her face? She seemed really nice and happy with a great attitude, then again, maybe she just spent $100k for self promotion.

post #373 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I figured out the hair thing, thanks Google.

djb5f likes this.

post #374 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 38
OK, adding my random thoughts on the finale. In no particular order:

The Sia thing was weird - I like her music and it was a great gesture to donate the money, but the wig hiding her face (I know it's kind of her thing) was distracting and made that the focus instead of the donation.

Drew Carey/Price is Right tie in - Really? Less of this crap and more of the contestants, please.

It always happens on the reunion show - there are people who look better without all the makeup, and I think Michelle was one of them. All that makeup added 10+ years to her face. Nice dress, though!

Debbie is crazy - sorry, eccentric.

Was a bit surprised Tai didn't get a single vote but I guess you never know which way a jury is going to go. They can be bitter about things like swapping alliances, or respect it as gameplay that got someone to the end. I guess this jury was the former.

Can't remember her name but the girl in the back row of contestants at the reunion - brunette wearing a purple dress. Don't think she smiled the entire show.

I will say I wasn't too excited about this season early on, but it grew on me and turned out pretty good in the end.
JoeNc likes this.
post #375 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post
With many of the comments and jury questions directed at Aubrey and Tai, I was certain Michelle would be the one with no votes. I thought I could even see that realization on her face as well during final tribal. Kudos to her for pulling it out.
OH no, I had the opposite thought. Couldn't think of a single vote for Tai during the final tribal (or going into it, but he had an outside chance with Scot or Jason).

Scot openly said he was voting for Michele and campaigned for her. They showed Juila vote for her. Had to like her chances with Cydney and Nick. Jason could have gone either way.

Debbie and Joe seemed like the only 2 sure votes for Aubrey and it turns out all she got. But it was a 2-person race.

EDIT - I did think going into the Final Tribal and about midway through it, it was Aubrey's to win. But Michele seized momentum down the stretch, thanks in part to Scot. Aubrey played a strong game after a rough first few days. Just goes to show that attractive people get the benefit of the doubt over less attractive people? If Michele played Aubrey's game and vice versa, Michele would still have won.

Going into the reveal, was thinking it would be a 4-3 vote.

Last edited by djb5f; 05-19-2016 at 09:36 AM.
post #376 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post
I am a little sad the bitter jury voted on emotion instead of respecting game play. Oh well, it will not be the last time. The track record has been good for years though, Michelle shouldn't have won, Tai getting shut out, just shows the hurt clam jury mentality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bswiz View Post
Was a bit surprised Tai didn't get a single vote but I guess you never know which way a jury is going to go. They can be bitter about things like swapping alliances, or respect it as gameplay that got someone to the end. I guess this jury was the former.

yes and no.

I get disappointed when the jury goes for the emotional-only votes and disregard's game play (two Russell Hantz seasons most notably). But I don't think this is the case here. Tai's game was extremely sloppy. He misused or miscalculated every advantage he had in the game. He wasn't in the know for many of the crucial votes and he haphazardly flip flopped without good reason. He was fortunate to make it to the end but did not put himself in better position by flipping on Scot and Jason and certainly lessened his chances in the final vote.

And when you think his curious decision making was done, he inexplicably forced a fire challenge between Aubrey and Cydney when it was obvious that Aubrey was a much bigger threat to win. You could see the juror members openly cheering for Aubrey!

I'd vote on logic and not a damn chance, Tai would have gotten my vote, his gameplay was borderline lunacy. The other finalists and jury both pointed this out as well.

So, I don't think this falls in the classic case of emotion vs. logic, esp when it comes to Tai's no votes. Tai wasn't a goat per se but he was his own worst enemy.
bswiz likes this.
post #377 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

So, I don't think this falls in the classic case of emotion vs. logic, esp when it comes to Tai's no votes. Tai wasn't a goat per se but he was his own worst enemy.
I completely agree. Aside form the misused advantages, he wasn't in tune with what the tribe was thinking and he horribly misspoke at tribal several times. He seems like a nice guy, but I don't think such a good game player.

Of the other two, I was rooting for Michelle as the underdog but would have been happy to see either win. Aubrey played well, but she also had Tai's advantage of an extra vote in every single tribal council up to the end in the form of Joe. Some credit is due for forming that alliance, but we discount Boston Rob's win on the 4th try because he was placed in a tribe of sheep. Joe was every bit as much of a sheep for Aubry.
post #378 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Good point on Tai making a dumb call to force the fire making challenge. Prior, I didn't realize that the jury all wanted Aubrey that much more than Cydney, but he should have known that. That challenge was definitely exciting. There were a couple of times in there when I really thought Cydney was going to come back and win.

Considering how they were all routing for Aubrey in the fire challenge, going into the final tribal council, I think Aubrey had it. I think Michelle appeared much more likeable to the jury and that she actually pulled ahead at that point.
post #379 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I to was surprised with Michelle winning. But remember that there is a lot that happens that we never get to see.
post #380 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post
yes and no.

I'd vote on logic and not a damn chance, Tai would have gotten my vote, his gameplay was borderline lunacy. The other finalists and jury both pointed this out as well.
You're right and I totally forgot/overlooked that. Scott called him out on going home with an idol (although that wasn't his fault, right?), using his advantage to no effect, and being clueless on some of the votes.
post #381 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Aubrey could have stood upwind of the fire the first time she had it blazing and it would have burned thru the string.
John dhein and cardoski like this.

post #382 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Aubrey could have stood upwind of the fire the first time she had it blazing and it would have burned thru the string.
Aubrey could have read the Encyclopedia. Cydney was never starting a fire.
post #383 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Liked the season, nice of Sia, giving Tai the money. I'm surprised Tai didn't
ask who she was ...

Enjoyed the extra 'surprise' ending , jury getting voted out.... and the
money donated to a player...

Next season should be interesting , a lot of ego involved I'm sure.
post #384 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Aubrey could have read the Encyclopedia. Cydney was never starting a fire.
Was interesting that Cyd had asked Michelle that afternoon if she should practice fire starting and Michelle told her no.

post #385 of 395 Old 05-19-2016, 09:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mark should have gotten more votes than Michelle.
cardoski likes this.

post #386 of 395 Old 05-20-2016, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNc View Post
Liked the season, nice of Sia, giving Tai the money. I'm surprised Tai didn't
ask who she was ...

Enjoyed the extra 'surprise' ending , jury getting voted out.... and the
money donated to a player...

Next season should be interesting , a lot of ego involved I'm sure.
If someone is giving you $50k, you don't ask.

The guy that got voted out of the jury sure had the worst luck. At least he got voted out at a tribal council since he missed it the first time around.

And just like Amazing Race, they cast another YouTuber. The girl, Mari, is on a channel where they play video games. My one daughter who watches it doesn't think she'll last very long.
post #387 of 395 Old 05-20-2016, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3076 Post(s)
Liked: 4059
Based on who the final three ended up being, I was not surprised to see Michele take it .. she played much like, IMO, Cirie Fields .. low key, make friends, don't make any major enemies and really concentrate on "Outlast" ..

Although I still think Tai played the best overall game, the bad blood he created in the Jury could not be overcome .. I also don't think Tai gave much thought to what he was going to say to the Jury, where most all folks that make Final Tribal have really thought about it a lot .. his English did not help his cause either ..

If I remember correctly, 2nd place gets 100K and third place gets 85K .. so combined with the Sia gift, Tai did OK on the money ..

It was an interesting Season, I don't think in the top 10 but OK none the less ..

Thanks to all of you that participated in the Thread this Season and your commentary ..

"Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner .."

See you in the Fall ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #388 of 395 Old 05-20-2016, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Interesting end to an up and down season. Michelle was a bit of a letdown winner,but she earned her votes and that's what counts in the end. Jason,Scot,Julia were never going to give Tai, Aubry or even Cydney their votes. Debbie was a strange vote for for me. I thought she would give Aubry her vote but apparently Nick voted for Aubry. Too many butt hurt contestants I suppose. Tai was a good character,he was just too emotional as was Aubry. I wonder if not voting Michelle off will haunt Aubry and Cydney. They had their chance and blew it. Did anyone hear Mark the chicken go uh-oh when Michelle came up the beach with the final challenge mail? I swear they dubbed it in ?
post #389 of 395 Old 05-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Yeah, I heard that too. Thought the same thing. Seemed like a good dub job.

You reminded me about Tai wanting Michelle out and even used his second vote! Man, he saw the future
post #390 of 395 Old 05-20-2016, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I wanted Cydney to win but after she was voted out I was rooting for Michelle.I'm not surprised Tai got no votes. He put two enemies in Jason and Scot on the jury. Debbie said at least twice that she wanted a woman to win the game. So she would never vote for Tai. Julia and Cydney were both close to Michelle so no surprise that they voted for her.Can't think of anyone on the jury who had a strong bond with Tai.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page