Survivor Kaoh Rong Brawn/Brains/Beauty CBS Feb. 17, 2016 - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 163Likes

post #241 of 395 Old 04-07-2016, 05:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1997 Post(s)
Liked: 2507
Quote:
Originally Posted by bswiz View Post
No comments about them getting booze and food as part of the merge? A couple of them definitely seemed a bit buzzed in the interview segments. Think someone even said something about having too much rum. So much for the old days of actually looking around for food, I guess.
Haven't they always had food for them after a merge? For years they have been giving them food/alcohol at certain times for certain events. How is them getting food after a merge something to suddenly talk about? They have a food challenge/reward on almost every episode, they take groups with them to have an "outing", they have money they auction for food/beer, etc. etc. etc. why is it suddenly surprising to you they got food this one time? Almost every food reward, in almost every episode has alcohol too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 395 Old 04-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post
Not enough booze on the planet to make Debbie hot.
There's more than enough booze, but I would be passed out on the floor several drinks before Debbie was "hot." Hell, I'd be passed out before Debbie was a "5."
post #243 of 395 Old 04-07-2016, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too .. !!

Strangely, another player also has a striking resemblance to a character from Oz!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cowardly Lion.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1363722  
mgkdragn and cardoski like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 395 Old 04-07-2016, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Haven't they always had food for them after a merge? For years they have been giving them food/alcohol at certain times for certain events. How is them getting food after a merge something to suddenly talk about? They have a food challenge/reward on almost every episode, they take groups with them to have an "outing", they have money they auction for food/beer, etc. etc. etc. why is it suddenly surprising to you they got food this one time? Almost every food reward, in almost every episode has alcohol too.
You seem offended that I even asked the question. Maybe they have given them food and booze at previous merges, I just don't recall it. To me it's not the same as winning an auction or challenge where you get food - in those cases you did something to earn it.
post #245 of 395 Old 04-07-2016, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked: 740
They sure did hook them up for dropping out of the challenge, first time everything they got to eat I would have loved.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #246 of 395 Old 04-07-2016, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
I like Tai, I hope he wins.
Me to. Guy's got a lot of grit. You could tell that they were both at their limit.
cardoski likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #247 of 395 Old 04-08-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswiz View Post
You seem offended that I even asked the question. Maybe they have given them food and booze at previous merges, I just don't recall it. To me it's not the same as winning an auction or challenge where you get food - in those cases you did something to earn it.
No, sorry, didn't mean to come across as offended, just kind of surprised because they give them food/booze like all the time on this show and I think in the merges they always get a merge reward and I think it always has some kind of alcohol.

post #248 of 395 Old 04-08-2016, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 866
It seems that food and drink are provided at merges as an excuse to get everyone over the awkwardness of the merge and to get everyone in a good mood which will provide some good footage for the show. If there was no food, you get the obligatory greetings and introductions and then people would skulk off into groups to talk strategy. The alcohol helps to lighten the mood and loosen the tongues.
post #249 of 395 Old 04-13-2016, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Don't be mad at me for telling you all who goes home tonight, its either a guy or a girl and they are part of the only tribe left.

post #250 of 395 Old 04-13-2016, 10:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Okay, my feelings have now changed, Tai, Scott, Jason, you are all 3 idiots. Acting like spoiled little kids when you are adults, you cant be gone from the game quick enough, you pieces of dog feces. Tribal was pretty cool though, I just cant get on board with the whole sabotage thing, I dont care if you call it game play. Now the model is gone, so sad.
dfergie likes this.

post #251 of 395 Old 04-14-2016, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Okay, my feelings have now changed, Tai, Scott, Jason, you are all 3 idiots. Acting like spoiled little kids when you are adults, you cant be gone from the game quick enough, you pieces of dog feces. Tribal was pretty cool though, I just cant get on board with the whole sabotage thing, I dont care if you call it game play. Now the model is gone, so sad.
For Scott and Jason, they're just big bad bullies. Instead of taking their defeat nobly and figure out a way to turn it around, they lash out, hoping to intimidate people into switching. I hope they crash and burn big time. If they make it to the end, I will be very sickened.

And Tai is the tiny kid that they keep around for amusement and to do their dirty work for them. Which is too bad because, up until now, he was my favorite.

Interesting to see that Julia voted for Debbie. Is she really with the girls' alliance? If she had gone with the dirt bags, Cydney might have been out. I wonder if the girls' alliance should have done the split vote and taken their chances with a revote. It would have been 3 for Cydney, 3 for Scott and 3 for Jason. Tai would save one of the guys and it would be a tie between the other guy and Cydney. On the revote, they'd have the majority

Last edited by hooked01; 04-14-2016 at 07:57 AM.
post #252 of 395 Old 04-14-2016, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Terrible move by Scott and Jason - I can't see any jury voting for them at the end now. Tai seems to have dodged the bullet.

It seems to me they didn't need to straight-up give the 2nd idol to Tai unless they were going to play it as a super-idol? Seems like another dumb move. Now Tai can break off and he's sitting with two idols in his pocket!
post #253 of 395 Old 04-14-2016, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Debbie did somewhat redeem herself in my eyes, when she called them wankers...

Also, obvious medical attention was given to that abscess on her back shoulder area and edited out.
post #254 of 395 Old 04-14-2016, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 3976
Scot and Jason decided it would be cute to lay the groundwork for the "Scot and Jason Azzhat Reality Show" .. boo to this so called Psychological Warfare .. and the cheese eating grins that went with it .. and Tai abandoning his so called principles was a tell .. intentionally setting themselves up for a call back for the next "Heroes / Villains"

The ladies were stupid to vote out another lady .. after Scott and Jason publicly gave up that Idol, either could have been an easy vote out, thus cutting the "We'll do anything" alliance ..

Julia is the flipper here and she thinks she's slick ..

This Giant of a Man with absolutely no qualms on taking revenge, how did he last as a pro sports player .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #255 of 395 Old 04-14-2016, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
As for giving Tai the second Idol, I think the person playing an SI has to have both pieces to be able to use it after the votes have been read.
Scot or Jason end up on the block, expecting Tai to cough up the Super Idol to one of them .. Tai sits there, stone faced and does nothing .. .. "All's Fair ... "

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #256 of 395 Old 04-14-2016, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
It's hard for me to see Scott or Jason beating anyone but Joe at the end. So it seemed smart for Julia to try to keep one or both of them in the game to take to the end. I would think both Tai and Julia would want to stick with Jason and Scott for that reason. Vote out the likeable people first.
JoeNc likes this.
post #257 of 395 Old 04-15-2016, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well that was certainly a crazy episode. Aubry just went crazy after they couldn't vote out Julia. While it may work out in the end for her I have a feeling it was a mistake. They should have just written Scots name down and taken a chance that Jason and Tai wouldn't use their idols to save him. As much as we poke fun at Debbie I'll miss the different job titles they were giving her in her confessionals. I would think that Tai and Julia would want to continue using Scot and Jason as meat shields but maybe they might change their mind. I can't figure out what game Joe is playing but he probably won't be around much longer as the ladies may just take over. It should be interesting next week with the super idol threat and everyone scrambling. I have a feeling one of the women could win because the ones that are left seem more likeable then any of the guys.
Hughmc likes this.
post #258 of 395 Old 04-15-2016, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 55
jimbology....I am with you...Aubry is book smart and brain dead...yes to an extent she was right about Debbie but not to the extent the way things happened. Ok...12.5% chance Julie wins the immunity challenge....but the percentage of her chances to win combined with her being the one after the reward challenge who should have been voted out...alright lets say it is legit , this episode made it really questionable..then everything else fell perfectly into place? ODds are astronomical. Lets say it did all happen even against all odds...lol...then at tribal....Aubry is an fing idiot. She really is.... THis is simple...vote for Scott you fing brain dead idiots, let Tai play the idol for scott after the fact.......way too early to think he couldn't win it all even with sabotage...he is dominating. Again, more than obvious after the fact, but IF the show went the way most of us would have wanted for the last 16 years...it would have ended after season 3.
post #259 of 395 Old 04-16-2016, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
The men were going to put their votes on either Aubry or Cydney. There is no way the men would try to get out Joe or Debbie or even Michelle. So if an idol was played to save Scot the person at risk would have been either Aubry or Cydney. They elected to vote out Debbie rather then risk the men voting out either Aubry or Cydney. They might have also been able to flush one or two idols.
post #260 of 395 Old 04-16-2016, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1664 Post(s)
Liked: 954
i'm finding it really hard to watch this season -

- they voted out all the hot girls
- Tai is the one I like the most, so much grit, but he chose the wrong people to ally with?
- so many jerks like Peter
- Jason and Scott have to be 2 of the most despicable contestants ever

There are just no interesting power struggles or developments, it all seems so random, I wouldn't want to vote for any of these so far since no one except Tai has done much.
post #261 of 395 Old 04-16-2016, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 1214
Say what you will about Jason and Scott, but unlike everyone else throughout the years, when they found themselves in the minority and just caving in, or pleading to all, to last another day or just waiting for the inevitable, already beaten, these guys went totally proactive in their counter moves. They didn't feel powerless or dejected, nor did they go postal. They calmly went about enacting their plan and split the women totally apart and created chaos for them. While it obviously did not win a lot of fans by their moves, nor will they likely win because of them, but this was the one of the more interesting shows and tribals that I have seen in quite a few years. I couldn't stop smiling throughout the build up and all their idol play by the fire. It was far better than the usual drivel I hear. I thought it was totally classic and fun. I loved the little blonde as well, going over to the mens team for the challenge, knowing they would probably win, joyfully feasting with them and at the same time, knowing they will probably not get the votes to win, while planning to get rid of those who might. I dug her play. I did feel badly for Tai. He has such a purity about him and i like him a lot and he really had to wrestle with his conscience over dousing the fire. Though he at least was not seen while doing so and he will not get burnt by the others, because of it.
JoeNc and Foxy7 like this.

Last edited by shivaji; 04-16-2016 at 05:40 PM.
post #262 of 395 Old 04-16-2016, 09:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
Say what you will about Jason and Scott, but unlike everyone else throughout the years, when they found themselves in the minority and just caving in, or pleading to all, to last another day or just waiting for the inevitable, already beaten, these guys went totally proactive in their counter moves. They didn't feel powerless or dejected, nor did they go postal. They calmly went about enacting their plan and split the women totally apart and created chaos for them. While it obviously did not win a lot of fans by their moves, nor will they likely win because of them, but this was the one of the more interesting shows and tribals that I have seen in quite a few years.
This what's called a Phyrric Victory. They might have enjoyed watching the others suffer and squirm, but there's very little chance they'll win. Great for TV and ratings and they might be back for H vs V, but they sunk themselves this season.
post #263 of 395 Old 04-20-2016, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Tai, Scot, and Jason just need Julia to join them for one vote, really then they'll have the numbers going forward due to the idols. I thought their tribal council idol non-play was brilliant. They made people think they were going to rock-paper-scissors to go home, that's insane. The real brilliance in their move though, was not mentioning the super idol capability of being able to change the vote after it's read. Most people are just sitting there thinking they have 2 idols at this point. Even though Tai slipped up a few episodes ago and mentioned super idol, the other players haven't seen an idol or the paper that explains its power, so they can't know for sure what's reality vs rumor.

Scot was never going to win in the first place since he made millions playing ball. Jason could pull the emotional speech at final tribal if he makes it that far. Recall that Jeremy last season pretty much singlehandedly won the vote with a highly emotional speech about family, swaying the jury. Jason has the autistic daughter. Not saying he'll win, but he could try that angle. Tai seems the most likely of the three stooges to win given he seems to be friends with a lot of people and also has the immigrant angle, 'American dream' etc.

Tonight's episode will decide really where the numbers will go basically. But if the three stooges don't have to play their idols they'll basically make it to the end if they trust each other and stick to the plan. Problem is, so many people never stick to the plan in this game, hah.
post #264 of 395 Old 04-20-2016, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Scot or Jason end up on the block, expecting Tai to cough up the Super Idol to one of them .. Tai sits there, stone faced and does nothing .. .. "All's Fair ... "

I don't often quote myself, but I am tonight .. from 4/14 .. bingo .. and yes, I cheered when it came down ..

Tai keeps his Idol, gets rid of Scot, looks like a hero to most that are left and goodbye Jason next week .. brilliant play ..
curtlots, WS65711, Hughmc and 3 others like this.

Uncle Willie

Last edited by mgkdragn; 04-20-2016 at 08:43 PM.
post #265 of 395 Old 04-20-2016, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Let's face hit, Tai just put up an in-your-face slam dunk on Scott. A nice tribal moment. The bigger they are....
bswiz, WaTaGuMp and cardoski like this.
post #266 of 395 Old 04-20-2016, 09:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 281
I thought that was one of the biggest blindsides in Survivor history. But I'm sure the rest of you out there will probably find others that were equal or bigger.
WaTaGuMp likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #267 of 395 Old 04-20-2016, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 55
As it should be
post #268 of 395 Old 04-20-2016, 10:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is the greatest thing EVER on Survivor, such a huge slap in the face. A big ole, you are nothing, you are not running the game move. Buh bye you douche.

post #269 of 395 Old 04-20-2016, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

For you Tai.

post #270 of 395 Old 04-21-2016, 05:17 AM

Oh snap, THAT just happened.

Best tribal council moment I can ever recall. What a slap in the face to Scott. That was priceless when Tai looked to Scott and shook his head no.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page