Directv II HD/4k - Page 171 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16368Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5101 of 6224 Old 07-20-2019, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,342
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7456 Post(s)
Liked: 8338
I found an app on the Firestick, Locast, that provides free network channels. It appears to work well and the PQ is fine.
I WANT MORE likes this.
Ken Ross is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5102 of 6224 Old 07-20-2019, 10:52 PM
Member
 
jimsmith94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
I found an app on the Firestick, Locast, that provides free network channels. It appears to work well and the PQ is fine.
I've tried Locast a couple times and the picture is very grainy. My best picture is over the air with a digital antenna, second is DirecTV, and Locast is a very distant third.
jimsmith94 is offline  
post #5103 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 05:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
I WANT MORE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 'Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 2,767
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 518
WCBS is back on this morning.
My tv reports 1080i but it looks like 480i and it is letter boxed.

Also, Locast showed up in my apps.

Perhaps I misremembered.

I WANT MORE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5104 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,342
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7456 Post(s)
Liked: 8338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsmith94 View Post
I've tried Locast a couple times and the picture is very grainy. My best picture is over the air with a digital antenna, second is DirecTV, and Locast is a very distant third.
I’ve found it takes about 15 seconds for the picture to come in properly. I agree in terms of PQ it’s behind Directv and certainly OTA, but for me it’s not grainy nor a distant third.

I just checked what I Want More reported and I’m seeing the same thing, a poor quality, letterboxed picture. I’ll continue with Locast until Direct solves the CBS issue. There isn’t much we watch on CBS at this point.
I WANT MORE likes this.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #5105 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
 
DrDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit, Tampa Bay
Posts: 17,615
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked: 4896
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Fortunately, I have an AM21 with an off-air antenna that allows me to continue viewing and recording the NBC OTA signal.
I have two of those gathering dust in a closet. Might trot them out, but my displays are all connected to the attic antenna array and most of my OTA recording is handled by my HTPC. The CBS affiliate isn't affected here in Tampa, but I use CBSAA (commercial free level) in lieu of DVR'ing CBS programming. The PQ is better than the local affiliate and... Trek.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
DrDon is offline  
post #5106 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,342
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7456 Post(s)
Liked: 8338
Don, it's funny how the internet variant of these channels (CBSAA, HBO To Go etc) look better than their parrallel stations on Directv. Compression, compression, compression.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #5107 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator
 
DrDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit, Tampa Bay
Posts: 17,615
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked: 4896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Don, it's funny how the internet variant of these channels (CBSAA, HBO To Go etc) look better than their parrallel stations on Directv. Compression, compression, compression.
And codec

Also depends on the station. CBSAA looks better than WTSP, but KCBS matches CBSAA's quality. I see no difference on ESPN via DirecTV or WatchESPN. HBO looks better than it does on cable. Ditto FS1. Lotta variables.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.

Last edited by DrDon; 07-21-2019 at 11:50 AM.
DrDon is offline  
post #5108 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
I WANT MORE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 'Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 2,767
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 518
WCBS has been removed again.
It is not on 2 or 390.

Perhaps I misremembered.

I WANT MORE is offline  
post #5109 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
 
DrDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit, Tampa Bay
Posts: 17,615
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked: 4896
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
WCBS has been removed again.
It is not on 2 or 390.
390 is now WUSA, DC and 391 is now KFMB, San Diego, I believe.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
DrDon is offline  
post #5110 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 02:42 PM
** Man of Leisure **
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 22,291
Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12423 Post(s)
Liked: 7422
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon View Post
390 is now WUSA, DC and 391 is now KFMB, San Diego, I believe.
Don, no disrespect, but I would expect a moderator to encourage the discussion to stay on topic. I don’t see how recent posts have anything to do with 4K content on DTV. Perhaps a little clean-up is in order?
AustinJerry is offline  
post #5111 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
 
DrDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit, Tampa Bay
Posts: 17,615
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked: 4896
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Don, no disrespect, but I would expect a moderator to encourage the discussion to stay on topic. I don’t see how recent posts have anything to do with 4K content on DTV. Perhaps a little clean-up is in order?
No disrespect taken. The title of the thread is "Directv II HD/4k." That's HD and 4K. It's a continuation of the other DirecTV master thread. We started it because the parent thread had reached a point where the software at the time couldn't deal with the sheer number of replies and kept wrecking.

This is probably the only thread in Programming that handles technical issues, as well. It's a catch-all DirecTV thread. HD, 4K, Technical, programming. If it's about DirecTV, this is the thread.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
DrDon is offline  
post #5112 of 6224 Old 07-21-2019, 03:52 PM
** Man of Leisure **
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 22,291
Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12423 Post(s)
Liked: 7422
Thank you, Don, I stand corrected.
DrDon, I WANT MORE and Terminader like this.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #5113 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MRM4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Powell, TN
Posts: 2,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Okay, two things that have come up on DirecTV over the last few days.


First, I see there is now a TNT West and a TBS West. Other than live events, what is the purpose of them having east and west feeds?


Second, looks like AT&T has turned DirecTV into another Dish when it comes to carriage disputes. Not only has my local ABC station been out since the first of the month, now they have removed CBS Sports Network in a dispute. Right now, it's no big deal to be without both. But it will be in about a month when college football starts back up.
MRM4 is offline  
post #5114 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Md's lower shore
Posts: 1,829
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
Okay, two things that have come up on DirecTV over the last few days.


First, I see there is now a TNT West and a TBS West. Other than live events, what is the purpose of them having east and west feeds?
so people on the west can see things at thier time slot, its common for major networks to have diff feads per coas


Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
Second, looks like AT&T has turned DirecTV into another Dish when it comes to carriage disputes. Not only has my local ABC station been out since the first of the month, now they have removed CBS Sports Network in a dispute. Right now, it's no big deal to be without both. But it will be in about a month when college football starts back up.
its not directv, its the stations, its a record year for disputes
i posted this on sat guys, but will copy here
https://www.americantelevisionallian...rst-year-ever/



Since 2010, millions of Americans have seen dark screens instead of watching their favorite channels due to more than 1,000 broadcaster-initiated blackouts. Blackouts have affected consumers in nearly every congressional district and media market across the U.S.

  • 213 blackouts in 2019
  • 165 blackouts in 2018
  • 213 blackouts in 2017
  • 104 blackouts in 2016
  • 193 blackouts in 2015
  • 94 blackouts in 2014
  • 119 blackouts in 2013
  • 90 blackouts in 2012
  • 42 blackouts in 2011
  • 8 blackouts in 2010
longhorn23 likes this.

TV- Samsung 55" UHD (UN55JU6500FXZA)
service - directv
Receiver - Denon AVR-X2100W,
Speakers -F L/R - Infinity Primus P363, C - Infinity Primus PC351
Sub - Klipsch Sub-12HG
(slow build out)
mdram is offline  
post #5115 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:25 AM
** Man of Leisure **
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 22,291
Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12423 Post(s)
Liked: 7422
Another recent change strongly criticized on DBSTalk is the removal of Native mode in the recent HR54 software update.
Sharp1080 and I WANT MORE like this.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #5116 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MRM4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Powell, TN
Posts: 2,628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 524
I shouldn't have put all the blame on AT&T. The company that owns our local ABC station is infamous for their carriage disputes.


In this day of cord cutting, I would think all sides would be more aware of the blow back that gets when a particular channel is off the air for some time. What gets me is when CBSSN goes off the air and they remind people that can get some of their programming for free on their CBS All-Access app. They just want more and more of our money.
MRM4 is offline  
post #5117 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Md's lower shore
Posts: 1,829
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
I shouldn't have put all the blame on AT&T. The company that owns our local ABC station is infamous for their carriage disputes.


In this day of cord cutting, I would think all sides would be more aware of the blow back that gets when a particular channel is off the air for some time. What gets me is when CBSSN goes off the air and they remind people that can get some of their programming for free on their CBS All-Access app. They just want more and more of our money.

all sides are aware. but the stations are counting on people calling the provider to complain


providers are in a catch22, dont cave and people complain
cave, raise price, and people complain


no one ever loos at the station and asks why should i pay those prices


in time, streaming will go up in cost, as more people move there and income drops from cable/sat companies

TV- Samsung 55" UHD (UN55JU6500FXZA)
service - directv
Receiver - Denon AVR-X2100W,
Speakers -F L/R - Infinity Primus P363, C - Infinity Primus PC351
Sub - Klipsch Sub-12HG
(slow build out)
mdram is offline  
post #5118 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dtv757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 757
Posts: 1,954
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdram View Post
all sides are aware. but the stations are counting on people calling the provider to complain


providers are in a catch22, dont cave and people complain
cave, raise price, and people complain


no one ever loos at the station and asks why should i pay those prices


in time, streaming will go up in cost, as more people move there and income drops from cable/sat companies
I do I want the number / email address of nextar so I can complain



Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT
Bell Atlantic or its Subsidiaries | @dtv757
dtv757 is offline  
post #5119 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Md's lower shore
Posts: 1,829
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
I do I want the number / email address of nextar so I can complain



Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk



google is your friend
https://www.nexstar.tv/
dtv757 likes this.

TV- Samsung 55" UHD (UN55JU6500FXZA)
service - directv
Receiver - Denon AVR-X2100W,
Speakers -F L/R - Infinity Primus P363, C - Infinity Primus PC351
Sub - Klipsch Sub-12HG
(slow build out)
mdram is offline  
post #5120 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator
 
markrubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 21,285
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked: 3671
I hope no one tells me to post this in another forum as I prefer to vent here

over the past year or so we notice that many commercial breaks on DirecTV have the picture and audio purposely messed up/ obliterated: I think it has something to do with local carry of some national ads or some such: it is very annoying and sometimes requires a channel change to get the picture back: I showed the wife this does not happen with the same programming on Comcast or FIOS

so now with the loss of CBS-TV and some other associated channels, wife has finally given up and agrees to switch to FIOS

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
LG C9 OLED owner


markrubin is offline  
post #5121 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Md's lower shore
Posts: 1,829
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked: 472
commercial problems have been around for a while with directv
i get some that freeze the receiver, and require me to change station
it only seems to happen on local channels




i wish i had the choice of providers others have
i can choose from directv or dish
and i have had dish

TV- Samsung 55" UHD (UN55JU6500FXZA)
service - directv
Receiver - Denon AVR-X2100W,
Speakers -F L/R - Infinity Primus P363, C - Infinity Primus PC351
Sub - Klipsch Sub-12HG
(slow build out)
mdram is offline  
post #5122 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 08:50 AM
Senior Member
 
scottiemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Valley CA
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
I hope no one tells me to post this in another forum as I prefer to vent here

over the past year or so we notice that many commercial breaks on DirecTV have the picture and audio purposely messed up/ obliterated: I think it has something to do with local carry of some national ads or some such: it is very annoying and sometimes requires a channel change to get the picture back: I showed the wife this does not happen with the same programming on Comcast or FIOS

so now with the loss of CBS-TV and some other associated channels, wife has finally given up and agrees to switch to FIOS
Great you have that option. Sadly, not available to me. I would jump faster and higher than a frog if I could get FIOS

My humble little 5.1 system, "Virtual Cinema" front, wall of sound config:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers, 2 JBL 530 Bookshelfs, and a JBL 520C Center.
Power Sound Audio V1500
scottiemon is online now  
post #5123 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator
 
DrDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Metro Detroit, Tampa Bay
Posts: 17,615
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked: 4896
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
First, I see there is now a TNT West and a TBS West. Other than live events, what is the purpose of them having east and west feeds?.
As @mdram pointed out, having westies see things at the right time is part of it.

With all providers running the west coast feed, it frees up the network a bit in that they don't have to re-run their primetime 3 hours later. They probably still WILL, but that can be an issue when a certain block of programming runs past three hours. This alleviates that.

The other big reason is advertising. The ad set for West is likely different (not all of it, but some) and DirecTV viewers weren't being reached. For clients who buy nationwide ads in an airing of a program, TNT would have to GIVE them the later airing to guarantee west coast viewing. Now, they don't. West coast can now get a different ad set 24/7 and TNT can charge a higher rate for ads to be included on the later showing or skip the later showing for something else.

One other thing.. this lessens complaints from parents when adult material airs at 6pm PT, though that's probably not high on the list.
longhorn23 likes this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
DrDon is offline  
post #5124 of 6224 Old 07-22-2019, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TheRatPatrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 278
There’s also west coast feeds of

MTV 331-1
Comedy Central 901
BET 902

Not sure why CC and BET are in the 900’s.
TheRatPatrol is offline  
post #5125 of 6224 Old 07-23-2019, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,342
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7456 Post(s)
Liked: 8338
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
I hope no one tells me to post this in another forum as I prefer to vent here

over the past year or so we notice that many commercial breaks on DirecTV have the picture and audio purposely messed up/ obliterated: I think it has something to do with local carry of some national ads or some such: it is very annoying and sometimes requires a channel change to get the picture back: I showed the wife this does not happen with the same programming on Comcast or FIOS

so now with the loss of CBS-TV and some other associated channels, wife has finally given up and agrees to switch to FIOS
Yes, at times lip synch issues have driven us nuts. There’s no consistency to the issue, but when it does occur it’s a royal pain.

However between the relatively low frequency that it does occur and the crazy good price we recently negotiated between our DirecTV and AT&T wireless services, switching providers is not in our near-term future.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #5126 of 6224 Old 07-23-2019, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,342
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7456 Post(s)
Liked: 8338
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemon View Post
Great you have that option. Sadly, not available to me. I would jump faster and higher than a frog if I could get FIOS
Just remember FIOS ain’t what it used to be...at least it seems that way judging from complaints I’ve read in recent years.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #5127 of 6224 Old 07-23-2019, 04:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dtv757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 757
Posts: 1,954
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Just remember FIOS ain’t what it used to be...at least it seems that way judging from complaints I’ve read in recent years.
When I beta tested fios IPTV 2 years ago i loved it !

Too bad Marnie Walden and team killed it .



Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT
Bell Atlantic or its Subsidiaries | @dtv757
dtv757 is offline  
post #5128 of 6224 Old 07-23-2019, 06:10 AM
Senior Member
 
vfr781rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Close lightning strike took out the USB port on my HR54, so now my OTA tuner no longer works. I have 3 OTA receivers, so I know for sure it's the USB port on the HR54. This happened on one of my earlier receivers several years ago. It especially sucks with the Nexstar dispute taking my local ABC affiliate away. Plus I really enjoyed one of that stations sub-channels. And, once again, my only choice is to do without or call DirecTV and get a refurbished receiver and lose all of my recordings. Why can't they figure out how to move a hard drive from one receiver to another so we're not in this position? We record a lot over the year and catch up over the summer. I guess I'll swap it out in early September before the new programming starts. Argh...
vfr781rider is offline  
post #5129 of 6224 Old 07-23-2019, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
P Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mediterranean Sea
Posts: 4,028
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr781rider View Post
Close lightning strike took out the USB port on my HR54, so now my OTA tuner no longer works. I have 3 OTA receivers, so I know for sure it's the USB port on the HR54. This happened on one of my earlier receivers several years ago. It especially sucks with the Nexstar dispute taking my local ABC affiliate away. Plus I really enjoyed one of that stations sub-channels. And, once again, my only choice is to do without or call DirecTV and get a refurbished receiver and lose all of my recordings. Why can't they figure out how to move a hard drive from one receiver to another so we're not in this position? We record a lot over the year and catch up over the summer. I guess I'll swap it out in early September before the new programming starts. Argh...
did you try second USB port behind front door ?
yeah, we talking more then decade about same as dish's account EHD knot, not to STB as DTV
usually the restrictions (not share, do not make a copy, etc) came from a content owners , but both dish and dtv serve same content providers …
perhaps dish got a patent for such solution ?
P Smith is offline  
post #5130 of 6224 Old 07-23-2019, 09:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Did anyone else watch "Volcanoes: The Fire Within" on the 4k HDR channel on DirecTV? Almost everything on the channel looks great but I thought this looked amazing. It was filmed with 8K cameras. Volcano lava in HDR looked beautiful esp watching on an OLED tv. And it was also a very interesting documentary as well. I would highly recommend recording it the next time it airs (this Thursday).
Ken Ross, RDalton, jmacari and 2 others like this.
longhorn23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off