'Lethal Weapon' - The Series on FOX - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 113Likes

post #121 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I'm sure Lance Henriksen and his busted mouth don't agree Clayne's an awesome stand up guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
yeah I'm sure the majority of the cast and crew supported him 100%, and FOX fired him for no reason at all and Crawford apologized in an Instagram post for no reason either...it's all a conspiracy by unseen forces...I'm sure Kevin Spacey is also 100% innocent because I loved him in The Usual Suspects...Bill Cosby was framed too...I love how some fanboys react...they've already made up their mind that he's innocent so they ignore any negative accusations that come to light but as soon as something remotely positive about the person comes out then they immediately jump online and post- "look, see I told you he's innocent...he's the greatest and I always believed in him"...

I doubt this any conspiracy by Damon Wayans or anybody else...the guy needs help and by ignoring his issues you are not helping him
First of all, Fox sided with DW since they apparently perceive him as the more bankable star. Whatever Crawford apologized for, seems to suggest he's owning up to whatever the problem he may had. Only other cast or crew to point Crawford as disruptive besides DW was the actress playing Detective Bailey, and she has since deleted all her tweeter comments after some crews commented she was constantly late to work and wasn't even on the set when some of the allegations took place.

With pretty much one person leading a paranoid charge against him in a rather trumpish manner and one other person trying to follow, only to be shut down immediately by that same crew. People are putting their livelihood on the line to support Crawford. Actors are risking to never work again! But ultimately, it looks like it was the studio's fault. They didn't have anybody in place to lead the set, and they let some minor problems get completely out of hand.

post #123 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post
I'm sure Lance Henriksen and his busted mouth don't agree Clayne's an awesome stand up guy.
Do you know for fact it was Crawford's abusive behavior that caused the busted mouth and not some accident that happens on action sets? Do you know what Lance Henriksen said about the incident?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4202 Post(s)
Liked: 3758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post
I didn't know it was Lance Henriksen who was hit in the mouth with a bottle...searching online it looks like he was indeed referencing Henriksen, although the actor himself has not yet commented on it...but the usual fanboys will ignore this...they are also hoping that Henriksen doesn't respond...yeah I'm sure Wayans completely lied about it and even got another actor involved and he will also lie ...the accusations against Crawford were about much more then Wayans as there were multiple things he did that didn't involve Wayans at all...I love how the fanboys will post Crawfords cheery Instagram post congratulating the show and new actor but will ignore all the other posts which detail his attitude and demeanor on set...I guess that's the very definition of what a fanboy is
post #125 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
...the accusations against Crawford were about much more then Wayans as there were multiple things he did that didn't involve Wayans at all..
DW also claimed that Crawford was abusive to the female casts.. and most of the females (except for the Bailey's actress) came out of support to Crawford .. including Hilarie Burton. Fact is, DW has a history of Diva behavior, at SNL and In Living Color.

If I'm a fanboy for giving someone a benefit of the doubt, what do you call someone who refuses to even consider all points of view?
aaronwt, jim tressler and WilliamR like this.

Last edited by iamian; 05-16-2018 at 12:59 PM.
post #126 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian View Post
DW also claimed that Crawford was abusive to the female casts.. and most of the females (except for the Bailey's actress) came out of support to Crawford .. including Hilarie Burton. Fact is, DW has a history of Diva behavior, at SNL and In Living Color.

If I'm a fanboy for giving someone a benefit of the doubt, what do you call someone who refuses to even consider all points of view?
you're not considering all points of view in any way at all...you're ignoring any negative accusations, the FOX investigation, Crawford's apology etc and supporting him and attacking Wayans for some bizarre reason

one sentence you're saying Wayans is leading a 'paranoid charge' against Crawford, another you're saying that Crawford apologized for 'whatever problem he may have had'...so which is it?...is it a paranoid conspiracy or was Crawford in the wrong?...Wayans twitter tirade came after Crawford was fired...he didn't say anything publically about him prior to that...FOX conducted their own internal investigation and it's been reported that Crawford had multiple workplace infractions...what about hitting Lance Henriksen and busting his mouth?...if you choose to believe Crawford so be it...I choose to go with the facts as they have come out...posting something on Twitter and then deleting it and claiming your account was 'hacked' is not something new...this happens all the time with celebrities and athletes...the truth is that in the vast majority of these cases the person did post but then either was told by their agent or 'handlers' to remove it as to not create more controversy
post #127 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
you're not considering all points of view in any way at all...you're ignoring any negative accusations, the FOX investigation, Crawford's apology etc and supporting him and attacking Wayans for some bizarre reason

one sentence you're saying Wayans is leading a 'paranoid charge' against Crawford, another you're saying that Crawford apologized for 'whatever problem he may have had'...so which is it?...is it a paranoid conspiracy or was Crawford in the wrong?...Wayans twitter tirade came after Crawford was fired...he didn't say anything publically about him prior to that...FOX conducted their own internal investigation and it's been reported that Crawford had multiple workplace infractions...what about hitting Lance Henriksen and busting his mouth?...if you choose to believe Crawford so be it...I choose to go with the facts as they have come out...posting something on Twitter and then deleting it and claiming your account was 'hacked' is not something new...this happens all the time with celebrities and athletes...the truth is that in the vast majority of these cases the person did post but then either was told by their agent or 'handlers' to remove it as to not create more controversy
Unfortunately the facts don't support your view. All I can say to you is, look at how each have acted over the last few days.

post #128 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian View Post
Unfortunately the facts don't support your view. All I can say to you is, look at how each have acted over the last few days.
the facts do support my view as he was fired from the show due to stated facts...
post #129 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
the facts do support my view as he was fired from the show due to stated facts...
None of the accusations have been corroborated. How DW was hurt on the set? Yes, Crawford publicly acknowledged responsibility, since he was the director of the episode. sounds like a classy guy. DW's injury? It wasn't even serious as DW refused treatment. Then try to spin it in now "hacked" tweeter account? Yeah, class act. If Crawford was such a pain, why are practically every cast and crew coming out to defend him, including Mrs. Murtaugh?
aaronwt and WilliamR like this.

post #130 of 166 Old 05-16-2018, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Here's some background on Crawford's public apology on Instagram and the mandated anger management therapy.

Quote:
Perhaps ironically given the shrapnel incident, one major instance of Crawford's temper turning aggressive had to do with what he saw as inadequate safety measures on set. This led to an outburst so severe, Warner Bros. demanded that Crawford attend anger management therapy before returning to work, and that he compensate the parties involved with a portion of his paycheck. It also came to light that an actor felt unsafe after being hit by a piece of shrapnel, though at the time, Wayans remained anonymous.
http://www.looper.com/122772/real-re..._campaign=clip

So, Crawford gets upset his buddy DW got "hurt" and has to attend anger management, and publicly apologizes. DW uses the same incident to blame Crawford for being dangerous. Class act!
aaronwt likes this.

Last edited by iamian; 05-16-2018 at 02:42 PM.
post #131 of 166 Old 05-17-2018, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 332
I doubt that many of the viewers who watch the show are following this story and if they are, it is not super important to them. They will tune-in next season and be surprised Crawford is “really” dead. The ratings for the second episode will tell the fate of the show IMO. Fior me, the stories were pretty boiler plate. I thought the Murtaugh character in the movie version played by Glover was better than DW. On the other hand, I actually liked Riggs character played by Crawford better than Gibson other than the first movie. His replacement has his hands full IMO. None of my thoughts on the show has anything to do with all the firing drama.
post #132 of 166 Old 06-01-2018, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #133 of 166 Old 06-03-2018, 06:28 AM
DDD

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
I didn't know it was Lance Henriksen who was hit in the mouth with a bottle...searching online it looks like he was indeed referencing Henriksen, although the actor himself has not yet commented on it...but the usual fanboys will ignore this...they are also hoping that Henriksen doesn't respond...yeah I'm sure Wayans completely lied about it and even got another actor involved and he will also lie ...the accusations against Crawford were about much more then Wayans as there were multiple things he did that didn't involve Wayans at all...I love how the fanboys will post Crawfords cheery Instagram post congratulating the show and new actor but will ignore all the other posts which detail his attitude and demeanor on set...I guess that's the very definition of what a fanboy is
Wayans’ allegation that Crawford purposefully hit Henriksen — a veteran actor who was later replaced in the episode — with a bottle was rejected by multiple crew members. According to a copy of the script from that episode, obtained by Variety, Crawford’s character was to toss a bottle of green tea to Frankie (Henriksen). Per a cast member and a high-ranking crew member, Henriksen had trouble catching the bottle in multiple takes, and declined when Crawford asked if the scene should be changed so that he would hand Henriksen the bottle. Finally, one of the tosses missed and hit Henriksen in the face. Witnesses described the incident as a minor accident, and filming continued.
post #134 of 166 Old 06-03-2018, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Well, that article certainly did not add to my liking of Wayans. I wonder if I can push the images back of the actor who hates what he does even while he does it effectively? I doubt it, those things seem to spring up from the subconcious.

Last edited by Wacojoe; 06-04-2018 at 02:25 PM.
post #135 of 166 Old 06-04-2018, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1864 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
They both have issues but man Damons really sounds like he has serious issues with his "star" status.
aaronwt likes this.

post #136 of 166 Old 08-24-2018, 04:00 AM

New partner reveal. It is very brief but in that quick scene, he looks and acts pretty good. My hopes have been raised slightly.

post #137 of 166 Old 08-29-2018, 09:28 AM

Short featurette on Seann William Scott.

post #138 of 166 Old 08-29-2018, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 4239 Post(s)
Liked: 2988
Stifler!!!
post #139 of 166 Old 08-29-2018, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked: 1389
Guess they're going to have to retire this video.

post #140 of 166 Old 08-30-2018, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1205 Post(s)
Liked: 2054
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
Guess they're going to have to retire this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVtx2wfTcE
Unless, of course, the show tanks...
post #141 of 166 Old 09-25-2018, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 611
So I liked the premiere. The show still has the same good, silly vibe that made it enjoyable to watch so far. It was very entertaining, and I’m lookin forward to more.
post #142 of 166 Old 09-25-2018, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6874 Post(s)
Liked: 15454
Didn't realize this show was back tonight until I looked at my DVR and lo and behold, there it was. I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it. And that makeshift Riggs therapy head at the end did look a lot like him.

post #143 of 166 Old 09-26-2018, 03:34 AM

I really liked the new character, I didn't think I would like him being from American Pie but he did a really good job.
Don S and Stereodude like this.

post #144 of 166 Old 09-26-2018, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 611
They did a nice job of sunsetting the Riggs character (though there will surely be more the series about his killer). The new character was good, and seemed to have good chemistry in this episode. All positive for me. I was surprised.
post #145 of 166 Old 09-26-2018, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked: 1307
I watched part of the season 1 premier episode but I found Clayne Crawford so off-putting that I bailed. Now after watching last nights episode, I'm in at least for the time being.
post #146 of 166 Old 09-26-2018, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 36
i liked it.. nice replacement
post #147 of 166 Old 09-26-2018, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 217
I’m sorry, but week-old beards don’t look virile to me, just slovenly. Big turnoff.
post #148 of 166 Old 10-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Well, he stayed just long enough to get his 'partner' fired:

Lethal Weapon Star Damon Wayans Says He's Leaving Fox Series
https://tvline.com/2018/10/03/lethal...-fox-murtaugh/

Steve
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
My DVDs
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Last edited by JoeTiVo; 10-03-2018 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Fix link
post #149 of 166 Old 10-03-2018, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6874 Post(s)
Liked: 15454
Are you kidding me? What a schmuck.

post #150 of 166 Old 10-03-2018, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTiVo View Post
Well, he stayed just long enough to get his 'partner' fired:

Lethal Weapon Star Damon Wayans Says He's Leaving Fox Series
https://tvline.com/2018/10/03/lethal...-fox-murtaugh/
doesn't look like Crawford's departure had any real effect on ratings...I've always liked Sean William Scott, so looks like the recast worked...with Wayans now departing they'll probably just cancel the show...it was a terrible idea to make this into a TV series anyway...Lethal Weapon will always be remembered as a movie series...Mel Gibson and Danny Glover cannot be recast (especially with Crawford and Wayans)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
danny glover , leo getz , mel gibson , murtaugh , riggs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page