Travelers on Netflix - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 134Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 187 Old 12-04-2018, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lax01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,480
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Nice! Love this show and found it randomly one night in search of something on Netflix

Guess I need to finish up Narcos and get ready for this season

Josh
lax01 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 187 Old 12-06-2018, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 3,809
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked: 1309
Here's the trailer for season 3 which drops next Friday Dec. 14, https://www.netflix.com/watch/810100...=TRAILER_WATCH
aaronwt, lax01, StormCrow and 1 others like this.
Garrett Adams is offline  
post #93 of 187 Old 12-14-2018, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
puddy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,885
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
It's been mentioned elsewhere, but season 3 was upgraded to Dolby Vision/HDR10. Seasons 1&2 remain 4k SDR.
aaronwt and lax01 like this.
puddy77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 187 Old 12-14-2018, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 16,550
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6874 Post(s)
Liked: 15462
Never seen this show. Is it worth getting into?

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #95 of 187 Old 12-14-2018, 11:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lax01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,480
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
It's been mentioned elsewhere, but season 3 was upgraded to Dolby Vision/HDR10. Seasons 1&2 remain 4k SDR.
Yeah, and Dolby Atmos apparently.

Watched S03E01...want to binge the rest this weekend...quality seems to be sustained

Josh
lax01 is online now  
post #96 of 187 Old 12-15-2018, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,448
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Never seen this show. Is it worth getting into?
I think so. Maybe look through the thread. Its an interesting variation on the dystopian future and an effort to change it. The actors are good. The story varies from show to show as to how engaging it is. Not as good as 12 Monkeys when that show was at its best but in the ballpark.
lax01 likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
post #97 of 187 Old 12-15-2018, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 3,809
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked: 1309
Last night I watched the Sabrina Xmas special and then 6 season 2 Travelers episodes. As far as I'm concerned it hasn't run out of bit of gas. Two thumbs and two big toes up!
aaronwt, lax01 and gwsat like this.
Garrett Adams is offline  
post #98 of 187 Old 12-15-2018, 04:18 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,414
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8967 Post(s)
Liked: 5747
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
It's been mentioned elsewhere, but season 3 was upgraded to Dolby Vision/HDR10. Seasons 1&2 remain 4k SDR.
And in Atmos audio too. I watched the first four episodes of season 3 last night and enjoyed them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
lax01 likes this.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--73TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #99 of 187 Old 12-15-2018, 09:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Wacojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 217
I can’t remember all of what happened in season 2, so viewing episode 1 of season 3 was confusing in as much as no backstory was provided. I need to go back and refresh on the last episode or two of last season. If your memory is as dim as mine and you haven’t plugged in this season, I suggest a refresher because the plot is pretty thick in this show.
Wacojoe is offline  
post #100 of 187 Old 12-15-2018, 09:48 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,414
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8967 Post(s)
Liked: 5747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacojoe View Post
I can’t remember all of what happened in season 2, so viewing episode 1 of season 3 was confusing in as much as no backstory was provided. I need to go back and refresh on the last episode or two of last season. If your memory is as dim as mine and you haven’t plugged in this season, I suggest a refresher because the plot is pretty thick in this show.
They had a recap of season 2 I watched before season 3 started. Once I watched that, I remembered most of the season.

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--73TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #101 of 187 Old 12-15-2018, 10:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 3,809
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked: 1309
Finished season 3 tonight. Overall I loved the season and hope there will be more to come. One bit of info seems hopeful.
JoeTiVo, aaronwt and lax01 like this.
Garrett Adams is offline  
post #102 of 187 Old 12-16-2018, 05:07 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,414
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8967 Post(s)
Liked: 5747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Finished season 3 tonight. Overall I loved the season and hope there will be more to come. One bit of info seems hopeful.
Yes I agree.I finished it last night too.

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--73TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #103 of 187 Old 12-16-2018, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
David F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Harrisburg, PA USA
Posts: 2,576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I really love this show. The last two episodes were just powerhouses. I won't say more because of spoilers but it did not go where I was expecting it to.
aaronwt and lax01 like this.

David Forbes

My theater
David F is offline  
post #104 of 187 Old 12-16-2018, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 16,550
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6874 Post(s)
Liked: 15462
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I think so. Maybe look through the thread. Its an interesting variation on the dystopian future and an effort to change it. The actors are good. The story varies from show to show as to how engaging it is. Not as good as 12 Monkeys when that show was at its best but in the ballpark.
I watched the first two episodes last night. Liked it. One question tho, which may be answered in later episodes, the FBI guy was supposed to fall down an elevator shaft and die. They stopped him from falling down it, but he died anyway allowing the traveler to inhabit his body. If he didn't fall down the shaft, how did he die? Also, is this show not in HDR?

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #105 of 187 Old 12-16-2018, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,448
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I watched the first two episodes last night. Liked it. One question tho, which may be answered in later episodes, the FBI guy was supposed to fall down an elevator shaft and die. They stopped him from falling down it, but he died anyway allowing the traveler to inhabit his body. If he didn't fall down the shaft, how did he die? Also, is this show not in HDR?
I think that he is written over with the traveler which kills him but, had they not intervened, he would have died. They only replace people who are recorded as dying even though they technically save them from dying. So sort of, "saved your life . . . . . not."

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
post #106 of 187 Old 12-16-2018, 02:52 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,414
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8967 Post(s)
Liked: 5747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I watched the first two episodes last night. Liked it. One question tho, which may be answered in later episodes, the FBI guy was supposed to fall down an elevator shaft and die. They stopped him from falling down it, but he died anyway allowing the traveler to inhabit his body. If he didn't fall down the shaft, how did he die? Also, is this show not in HDR?
Only the third season is in HDR10/DV and Atmos.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--73TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #107 of 187 Old 12-16-2018, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
CANNON-FODDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I watched the first two episodes last night. Liked it. One question tho, which may be answered in later episodes, the FBI guy was supposed to fall down an elevator shaft and die. They stopped him from falling down it, but he died anyway allowing the traveler to inhabit his body. If he didn't fall down the shaft, how did he die? Also, is this show not in HDR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I think that he is written over with the traveler which kills him but, had they not intervened, he would have died. They only replace people who are recorded as dying even though they technically save them from dying. So sort of, "saved your life . . . . . not."
They "kill" the original person's consciousness by over-writing it, allowing them to save the meat-suit for continued use.

Sort of like breaking into a house and shooting the owner before he drops the match that burns the house down - he was going to die anyway and now they get to use the house.

It helps avoid some standard tropes -- i.e. killing the original consciousness avoids the trope of fights over control (vice "possession") and taking control before the meat-suit dies avoids the tropes of degraded ability or decay (vice zombie-ism where they have to kill the meat-suit and then they reanimate and take control).

Some of those themes get explored, but I don't think this is really a spoiler.


v/r,
C-F
shivaji likes this.
CANNON-FODDER is offline  
post #108 of 187 Old 12-16-2018, 10:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Wacojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
They had a recap of season 2 I watched before season 3 started. Once I watched that, I remembered most of the season.

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk
Where did you watch that, or do you have a site?
Wacojoe is offline  
post #109 of 187 Old 12-17-2018, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,898
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 2197
Finished this last night except for the final episode. I thought it started a little weak but man of man those last few episodes were fantastic. Some real great moments. Laughed hard at Gracie during that whole "exorcist" scene, she sure speaks her mind.


A few thoughts in spoilers.


Spoiler!

WilliamR is offline  
post #110 of 187 Old 12-17-2018, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 16,550
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6874 Post(s)
Liked: 15462
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I think that he is written over with the traveler which kills him but, had they not intervened, he would have died. They only replace people who are recorded as dying even though they technically save them from dying. So sort of, "saved your life . . . . . not."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post
They "kill" the original person's consciousness by over-writing it, allowing them to save the meat-suit for continued use.

Sort of like breaking into a house and shooting the owner before he drops the match that burns the house down - he was going to die anyway and now they get to use the house.

It helps avoid some standard tropes -- i.e. killing the original consciousness avoids the trope of fights over control (vice "possession") and taking control before the meat-suit dies avoids the tropes of degraded ability or decay (vice zombie-ism where they have to kill the meat-suit and then they reanimate and take control).

Some of those themes get explored, but I don't think this is really a spoiler.


v/r,
C-F
Yeah, that makes sense now. Plus, if they let him fall down the shaft, it'd be a pretty messy body to inhabit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Only the third season is in HDR10/DV and Atmos.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Just the 3rd season? I have a ways to go before I hit that.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #111 of 187 Old 12-17-2018, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,448
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Last night I watched the Sabrina Xmas special and then 6 season 2 Travelers episodes. As far as I'm concerned it hasn't run out of bit of gas. Two thumbs and two big toes up!
Agree with you. I liked the Sabrina Winter Solstice ep and glad they had it because I didn't like how they left Sabrina in the last scene.
I finished Travelers and thought it was good. I have issues with some of the plotlines and the do-overs stuff they do but overall, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
post #112 of 187 Old 12-17-2018, 03:56 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,414
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8967 Post(s)
Liked: 5747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacojoe View Post
Where did you watch that, or do you have a site?
Netflix has it on most of their shows I watch. Typically the re-cap starts before I watch a new season of a Netflix show. But the season recaps can be accessed in the extras/trailers section of the show.

Which is where I found it for the Travelers show. Since I accidentally backed out of the season 2 recap with 30 seconds left. And needed to get back to the recap to finish watching the rest.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--73TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #113 of 187 Old 12-17-2018, 03:59 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,414
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8967 Post(s)
Liked: 5747
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Finished this last night except for the final episode. I thought it started a little weak but man of man those last few episodes were fantastic. Some real great moments. Laughed hard at Gracie during that whole "exorcist" scene, she sure speaks her mind.


A few thoughts in spoilers.


Spoiler!
You really need to watch the last episode!!
lax01 likes this.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--73TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #114 of 187 Old 12-18-2018, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,898
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 2197
I watched the final episode. Can't talk about it without spoiling to much so putting it in spoilers.


Spoilers below on the final episode.


Spoiler!

WilliamR is offline  
post #115 of 187 Old 12-18-2018, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,448
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 1660
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I watched the final episode. Can't talk about it without spoiling to much so putting it in spoilers.


Spoilers below on the final episode.


Spoiler!
I have additional questions.

Spoiler!

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
post #116 of 187 Old 12-18-2018, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rr6966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Finished watching last night, ended strong. Thought the ending was clever.
JoeTiVo and aaronwt like this.
rr6966 is offline  
post #117 of 187 Old 12-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
Actionable Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacojoe View Post
Where did you watch that, or do you have a site?
For me it "just happens". When I fired up S3E1, it started with the recap. There is a skip button, but nothing else works, for example I could not pause the recap.
Actionable Mango is offline  
post #118 of 187 Old 12-18-2018, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AidenL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,006
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Loved Season 3, great watch.
JoeTiVo and lax01 like this.

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
AidenL is offline  
post #119 of 187 Old 12-18-2018, 11:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lax01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,480
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I have additional questions.

Spoiler!
Finally binge the last 3 ... which is a great three episode run and highly entertaining (would absolutely suggest watching them all together in one sitting too btw).

So...

Spoiler!


Overall, really great season and will be sorely disappointed if Netflix doesn't give us the next season...

Good VERY-SPOILERY article with some explanations and call backs to past seasons here: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/trav...ding-explained

Josh
lax01 is online now  
post #120 of 187 Old 12-19-2018, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,898
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 2197
To all the questions about the finale.... I have no idea. That is my issue with it, to much left out there to be answered and with how this show goes, I highly doubt any of our questions will be answered as they will just address how they move forward, not all the lingering questions.

WilliamR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off