Random thoughts about the Hungarian GP.
1. Not happy to see Max take out Danny. But, it was a racing incident in the first corners of a race, and he should not have been penalized. Bonehead move? Yes. Worthy of a penalty? No. Worthy of a punch in the mouth from the honey badger? Maybe.
2. I screamed at the TV when Bottas laid down for Ham. So much for Merc claiming "We let our drivers race". Yes, we do. Unless we don't. I watched the race with a few buds and would have bet them $1k that once Ham was passed Bottas, no way in hell he would ever relinquish that position. More on that later.
3. Having said that, what a farked up sport this is when a 3 time WC that some laud as the 2nd coming of Senna cannot pass his teammate unless he moves aside. Once he got passed, he ran away....with that pace advantage, we couldn't he have just passed him without a gift from the pitwall? See #2
4. So, Ham gets passed Bottas because the Finn is told to grab his ankles, and yet, he can't really make a solid run on that other Finn who is also grabbing HIS ankles, so to speak. And really, Kimi allegedly was being held up by Sabrina with some sort of steering issue. Perhaps that was all just manufactured drama from the Scuderia.
5. Lets recap 2, 3, and 4. Ham, after being waved by his teammate and thus not having to use up his tires to do it, can't do squat with a Ferrari duo. Yup...great formula we have here where the alleged best driver in the best car can't make a pass for position.
6. Ham let Bottas by on the last corner of the last lap? GTFO! I just about needed CPR after he did that. Of course now, Lewis is being lauded as a team player and a saint. BS. I will bet dollars to donuts that Toto was on the radio (assuming it was working) laying down the law. There had to be some sort of threat from the team that it would be hell to pay if he did not give that position back. Unlike T-E-A-M, there IS an "I" in L-E-W-I-S.
7. I still get a chuckle reading about the Hulk/KMag exchange in the post race interview. Huh...huh huh....huh...he said "Suck my balls".
8. Technical analysis of the podium girl thong incident: I did miss the flash, but when they were walking out, I did think to myself that those skirts are not at all form fitting and kind of poofy, and that I bet the crowd below the podium are getting a good peek even without the timely arrival of a gust of wind. F1 wants the girls to look more classy/less trashy. Be careful what you ask for.