Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 10/1/2019 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 149Likes
  • 3 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By oriolesmagic

post #1 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Question Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 10/1/2019

This will be the new thread going forward that is a comprehensive chart of all providers' HD offerings nationally. The chart includes major cable, satellite, telco, IPTV and streaming offerings. The previous thread can be found HERE.

Channels are broken down by category so that you can compare offerings between providers for networks (standard television channels), premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz), international channels (channels either being in another language other than English or marketed to international audiences), and PPV channels (either by subscription service or one-time rental fee).

In the case of cable providers, some channels may not be carried in your market due to bandwidth or perceived lack of interest. You should always check with the provider before signing up for service if you are looking for certain services. As always, channels are subject to change with carriage disputes and format changes. If you have any questions about what is available in a certain market, please ask me and I'll try to get that information for you. Channels marked wide are carried in at least 50% of possible markets from that company.

Regional sports networks are usually only offered in their respective territories. DirecTV offers the Sports Pack that allows you to access these out-of-market. Essentially, use the regional sports network chart as a way to determine what might be seen in your area if you're a sports fan. Note that some providers don't carry all regional sports networks available, and that what you can get in a certain area may vary from providers.

Premium channels, and some networks, are available with East and West feeds. They are only marked on this chart if a provider offers both. For most premium channels, only one feed will be offered in an area. Some providers do offer both feeds, and prioritize the native area feed on their respective coast.

If you're wondering about your local market, you can see your area, down to your specific cable/satellite system, included with channel numbers and what's carried in standard definition HERE!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HD Lineup.pdf (470.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: pdf RSN HD Lineup.pdf (101.6 KB, 19 views)
dtv757, HDOrlando and hlvowell like this.

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 10-01-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2295 Post(s)
Liked: 4339
Small favor, guys. There's a bug, somewhere, for users of Chrome on mobile devices that displays S as a string of odd characters to PC users. Seems to only happen on posts composed in Chrome using "mobile view." Please switch back to the desktop view before composing any replies until Verticalscope gets it figured out.

Chrome users on mobile do not notice anything, by the way. But those using Chrome browsers on PCs see it.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-27-2019, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Another big dispute at Dish: Now the local FOX O&O's, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, Fox Deportes, Fox Soccer Plus and Big Ten Network are off. I believe Fox News and Fox Business remain on a separate contract.

Also, the deadline for Sinclair and DirecTV/AT&T is at midnight tonight. This also affects Tennis Channel, and could bode poorly for whenever the FSNs are up for discussion.
dtv757 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 09-29-2019, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
Another big dispute at Dish: Now the local FOX O&O's, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, Fox Deportes, Fox Soccer Plus and Big Ten Network are off. I believe Fox News and Fox Business remain on a separate contract.

Also, the deadline for Sinclair and DirecTV/AT&T is at midnight tonight. This also affects Tennis Channel, and could bode poorly for whenever the FSNs are up for discussion.
the new cubs channel may also get tied to Sinclair
post #5 of 12 Old 09-30-2019, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe The Dragon View Post
the new cubs channel may also get tied to Sinclair
If AT&T and Sinclair work out a deal, it will certainly include the future Marquee network with the Cubs, and may include additional time beyond whatever is currently outstanding on all the FSNs that Sinclair just gained control of. If this becomes a long, drawn out carriage war, the future of the FSNs on DirecTV and U-Verse could end up in doubt as well, which Sinclair may see as an existential fight, especially if Dish never takes them back.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

So I've updated the charts again. I'm sorry the updates aren't as frequent. There just isn't much changing these days, and little of it is good.

If it were any other provider, I'd leave the FOX channels on. Since it's Dish, I figure this will either be a long dispute or forever with them. If there's anything else you see that hasn't been added or has changed, please let me know.

Mediacom finally added GSN in September, a channel they never carried. And it's SD only. Amazing. I did find that Frontier added Newsy HD and Hallmark Drama HD on a limited basis (CT), while appearing to add QVC2 HD on a wide basis. The chart will change for them fairly soon as they are scheduled to sell off all their Washington and Oregon assets to Wave Broadband.
HDOrlando likes this.

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 10-01-2019 at 08:15 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-03-2019, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It's my understanding that Dish dropped NBC Sports Chicago today, but that DirecTV and AT&T worked out a short-term extension, but still may pull it.

Some smaller providers I have read in Iowa have decided to drop NBC Sports Chicago, and that they'll be replacing it with Marquee going forward. It will be interesting to see how other providers handle this going forward.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Some smaller providers I have read in Iowa have decided to drop NBC Sports Chicago, and that they'll be replacing it with Marquee going forward. It will be interesting to see how other providers handle this going forward.
VERY interesting...considering that NBC-SC will now be carrying all Bulls & all (locally televised) Blackhawks & White Sox games...
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...r-new-era.html

Maybe it might work in Iowa, but I doubt they'll be able to do that in IL. But OTOH, the cable companies in the eastern half of southern IL, have never carried NBC-SC, but which IS in-market for Cubs (& Cardinals) ball games & normally have ONLY carried Fox Sports Midwest. But there ARE some Sinclair owned broadcast stations in that region...so who knows what could happen.

Last edited by dishrich; 10-05-2019 at 10:51 AM.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-06-2019, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Great resource, as always, but I don't think TUDN (Univision Deportes) ever made it back to Sling after the Univision/Dish dispute. I just checked the Sling lineup and I couldn't find it in the main channel list, the Latino add on or the Sports add on.
post #10 of 12 Old 10-07-2019, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
VERY interesting...considering that NBC-SC will now be carrying all Bulls & all (locally televised) Blackhawks & White Sox games...
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...r-new-era.html

Maybe it might work in Iowa, but I doubt they'll be able to do that in IL. But OTOH, the cable companies in the eastern half of southern IL, have never carried NBC-SC, but which IS in-market for Cubs (& Cardinals) ball games & normally have ONLY carried Fox Sports Midwest. But there ARE some Sinclair owned broadcast stations in that region...so who knows what could happen.
I wonder if this will trigger a renegotiation with NBC Sports Chicago. This happened a few years ago with both Fox Sports Midwest (involving Cardinals games) and Fox Sports South (involving Braves games). The FSN didn't have rights to all the games, tried to force the providers to pay more to carry the rest of them, and in turn, blacked out the newly added games because they didn't sign on to the package. This could mean that providers without a new agreement might end up being blacked out of the new White Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks games that would've previously aired on WGN.

Technically, the entire state of Iowa is in-market for NBC Sports Chicago, Fox Sports Midwest, and Fox Sports North/Wisconsin. While there's some territorial restrictions as you get into NBA and NHL rights for the Wild/Blues and Bulls/Bucks/Timberwolves, for MLB purposes the entire state is in-market for the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals and Royals. All their games should be airing there.

Mediacom typically breaks it up, which Sinclair may not permit them to do in the future. The Cedar Rapids DMA primarily gets NBC Sports Chicago, but there are a couple systems that carry it and Fox Sports Midwest. The Des Moines DMA gets Fox Sports Midwest mostly. As you get into the more northern portions in the Rochester and Sioux City DMA, Mediacom gives them Fox Sports North. There are some subchannels that give people some additional rights in Cardinals/Royals conflicts, as well as Twins/Brewers conflicts. But there's a lot missing generally on cable in Iowa.
dishrich likes this.
post #11 of 12 Old 10-07-2019, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniloni View Post
Great resource, as always, but I don't think TUDN (Univision Deportes) ever made it back to Sling after the Univision/Dish dispute. I just checked the Sling lineup and I couldn't find it in the main channel list, the Latino add on or the Sports add on.
I'll check into this. I'll fully admit I don't do nearly as much research on the streaming side of things.
post #12 of 12 Old 10-08-2019, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
I wonder if this will trigger a renegotiation with NBC Sports Chicago. This happened a few years ago with both Fox Sports Midwest (involving Cardinals games) and Fox Sports South (involving Braves games). The FSN didn't have rights to all the games, tried to force the providers to pay more to carry the rest of them, and in turn, blacked out the newly added games because they didn't sign on to the package. This could mean that providers without a new agreement might end up being blacked out of the new White Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks games that would've previously aired on WGN.

Technically, the entire state of Iowa is in-market for NBC Sports Chicago, Fox Sports Midwest, and Fox Sports North/Wisconsin. While there's some territorial restrictions as you get into NBA and NHL rights for the Wild/Blues and Bulls/Bucks/Timberwolves, for MLB purposes the entire state is in-market for the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals and Royals. All their games should be airing there.

Mediacom typically breaks it up, which Sinclair may not permit them to do in the future. The Cedar Rapids DMA primarily gets NBC Sports Chicago, but there are a couple systems that carry it and Fox Sports Midwest. The Des Moines DMA gets Fox Sports Midwest mostly. As you get into the more northern portions in the Rochester and Sioux City DMA, Mediacom gives them Fox Sports North. There are some subchannels that give people some additional rights in Cardinals/Royals conflicts, as well as Twins/Brewers conflicts. But there's a lot missing generally on cable in Iowa.
I think Blackhawks don't anyone to think about the old Hawkvision ppv days. Still they should of teamed up with the cubs and let Jerry M. Reinsdorf take the bulls and sox back to sports vision
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page