Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 11/8/2019 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 159Likes
  • 3 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By dtv757
  • 2 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By dishrich
  • 1 Post By oriolesmagic

post #1 of 14 Old 04-05-2017, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Question Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 11/8/2019

This will be the new thread going forward that is a comprehensive chart of all providers' HD offerings nationally. The chart includes major cable, satellite, telco, IPTV and streaming offerings. The previous thread can be found HERE.

Channels are broken down by category so that you can compare offerings between providers for networks (standard television channels), premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz), international channels (channels either being in another language other than English or marketed to international audiences), and PPV channels (either by subscription service or one-time rental fee).

In the case of cable providers, some channels may not be carried in your market due to bandwidth or perceived lack of interest. You should always check with the provider before signing up for service if you are looking for certain services. As always, channels are subject to change with carriage disputes and format changes. If you have any questions about what is available in a certain market, please ask me and I'll try to get that information for you. Channels marked wide are carried in at least 50% of possible markets from that company.

Regional sports networks are usually only offered in their respective territories. DirecTV offers the Sports Pack that allows you to access these out-of-market. Essentially, use the regional sports network chart as a way to determine what might be seen in your area if you're a sports fan. Note that some providers don't carry all regional sports networks available, and that what you can get in a certain area may vary from providers.

Premium channels, and some networks, are available with East and West feeds. They are only marked on this chart if a provider offers both. For most premium channels, only one feed will be offered in an area. Some providers do offer both feeds, and prioritize the native area feed on their respective coast.

If you're wondering about your local market, you can see your area, down to your specific cable/satellite system, included with channel numbers and what's carried in standard definition HERE!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HD Lineup.pdf (470.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: pdf RSN HD Lineup.pdf (103.6 KB, 20 views)
dtv757, HDOrlando and hlvowell like this.

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 11-08-2019 at 02:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2335 Post(s)
Liked: 4441
Small favor, guys. There's a bug, somewhere, for users of Chrome on mobile devices that displays S as a string of odd characters to PC users. Seems to only happen on posts composed in Chrome using "mobile view." Please switch back to the desktop view before composing any replies until Verticalscope gets it figured out.

Chrome users on mobile do not notice anything, by the way. But those using Chrome browsers on PCs see it.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-07-2019, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniloni View Post
Great resource, as always, but I don't think TUDN (Univision Deportes) ever made it back to Sling after the Univision/Dish dispute. I just checked the Sling lineup and I couldn't find it in the main channel list, the Latino add on or the Sports add on.
I'll check into this. I'll fully admit I don't do nearly as much research on the streaming side of things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-31-2019, 01:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 95
If you recall this past April, there were postings here about a new channel, Black News Channel, being launched later this year. Evidently it's happening on November 15th & it's now up in test on DISH.
BUT since this IS DISH, it's only being put up in SD...& it's almost 2020!!!
https://blacknewschannel.com/countdown-to-launch/
post #5 of 14 Old 11-08-2019, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

The chart has been updated.

I've re-added the Fox channels that were removed during the Dish dispute
I've removed TUDN HD from Sling
I've renamed DirecTV NOW AT&T NOW

For the RSN chart, I've re-added Altitude HD for DirecTV
I've added Marquee to the chart and added Sinclair's ownership beside the Fox name, and listed DirecTV, AT&T, Spectrum and Mediacom as announced for now, as all have signed deals publicly.
dtv757 likes this.
post #6 of 14 Old 11-17-2019, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

While I'm sure OS & others have already seen this posted other places, it appears Comcast is doing a wide-scale drop of the following channels around Dec 10th:
(While some may have never been in HD on any of their systems, I decided may as well post them all - in the interest of expediency, I will refer to the StarzEncore channels, as Encore only...)

Starz Edge, in Black, Comedy, Cinema, Kids & Family
Encore Classic, Suspense, Family & Espanol
RetroPlex, IndiePlex
FM

As far as the remaining Starz (primary) channel...it will go to a la carte only. BUT reports are saying if Comcast does not come to an agreement by end of this year, it will be totally removed from all their systems.
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/starz-changes

As far as the remaining Encore channels...they will remain in their current Preferred/Digital Preferred packages at least until end of this year; if Comcast does not come to an agreement by end of this year, they will be totally removed from all their systems.

No mention was made of MoviePlex, which IS carried in lower tiers like Starter on some systems...(it is on ours)

For the subs that are loosing Starz out of their packages - Comcast is adding the 3 additional Epix linear channels to replace the lost Starz ones. Of course, NO mention was made if these (also) will be in HD. (my educated guess is NO...but maybe we'll be surprised ) Or maybe while the current primary channel is HD on QAM, perhaps the 3 added ones will be in HD, but X1/IP-only.
https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...pix-on-xfinity

For the subs that are loosing the Encore channels - Comcast is adding a new suite of 4 "ScreenPix" channels to replace the lost Encore channels; they are:
ScreenPix
ScreenPix Action
ScreenPix Westerns
ScreenPix Voice
https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...encore-changes

Again, NO mention was made if any of these will be in HD; for that matter, while the notice specifically calls these "suite of channels", I question if they actually will be linear channels...& instead simply be (guide) pointers to On-Demand content - like they did when they concocted that Hitz OND service, to replace removing Cinemax from some bundled packages?

Last edited by dishrich; 11-17-2019 at 01:59 PM.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-18-2019, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
While I'm sure OS & others have already seen this posted other places, it appears Comcast is doing a wide-scale drop of the following channels around Dec 10th:
(While some may have never been in HD on any of their systems, I decided may as well post them all - in the interest of expediency, I will refer to the StarzEncore channels, as Encore only...)

Starz Edge, in Black, Comedy, Cinema, Kids & Family
Encore Classic, Suspense, Family & Espanol
RetroPlex, IndiePlex
FM

As far as the remaining Starz (primary) channel...it will go to a la carte only. BUT reports are saying if Comcast does not come to an agreement by end of this year, it will be totally removed from all their systems.
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/starz-changes

As far as the remaining Encore channels...they will remain in their current Preferred/Digital Preferred packages at least until end of this year; if Comcast does not come to an agreement by end of this year, they will be totally removed from all their systems.

No mention was made of MoviePlex, which IS carried in lower tiers like Starter on some systems...(it is on ours)

For the subs that are loosing Starz out of their packages - Comcast is adding the 3 additional Epix linear channels to replace the lost Starz ones. Of course, NO mention was made if these (also) will be in HD. (my educated guess is NO...but maybe we'll be surprised ) Or maybe while the current primary channel is HD on QAM, perhaps the 3 added ones will be in HD, but X1/IP-only.
https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...pix-on-xfinity

For the subs that are loosing the Encore channels - Comcast is adding a new suite of 4 "ScreenPix" channels to replace the lost Encore channels; they are:
ScreenPix
ScreenPix Action
ScreenPix Westerns
ScreenPix Voice
https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...encore-changes

Again, NO mention was made if any of these will be in HD; for that matter, while the notice specifically calls these "suite of channels", I question if they actually will be linear channels...& instead simply be (guide) pointers to On-Demand content - like they did when they concocted that Hitz OND service, to replace removing Cinemax from some bundled packages?
I've been following this, and I haven't said anything because it wasn't clear to me yet that these are going to be removed for a la carte subscribers yet. It's clear Comcast wants to get premiums out of the bundle, as they already did with Cinemax. But it hasn't been clear to me if paying extra will allow you to keep these.

FM is surely gone, and was a matter of time since sister network Fuse got dropped last year. FM HD is available in South Florida.

I'm willing to bet Comcast adds the separate Epix channels in SD only, although there's no excuse to not have HD IP at this point.

I do think we're reaching a point where the existence of these premium channels is very much in jeopardy, especially those that offer limited or nonexistent exclusive content.
post #8 of 14 Old 11-19-2019, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Apparently i24 news is now on DirecTV and u verse ...??

https://www.alticeusa.com/news/artic...ectv-customers

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
longhorn23 likes this.

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT
Bell Atlantic or its Subsidiaries
post #9 of 14 Old 11-19-2019, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
Apparently i24 news is now on DirecTV and u verse ...??

https://www.alticeusa.com/news/artic...ectv-customers

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
To find i24NEWS on local TV lineups, AT&T U-Verse customers can tune to Channel 223 or 1223; once launched, it will be available on DIRECTV on Channel 343. For a full list of i24NEWS availability on other providers, click here. Additionally, i24NEWS is available online at i24NEWS.tv and through the i24NEWS app.

This was announced yesterday. They'll be added as wide to the chart.
dtv757 and longhorn23 like this.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-19-2019, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
once launched, it will be available on DIRECTV on Channel 343.
This was announced yesterday. They'll be added as wide to the chart.

I wouldn't be adding it to the chart f/DirecTV until it actually launches...there was NO mention of it specifically being in HD (on DirecTV) & there have been instances where new channels are NOT always in HD. (eg: when Newsmax launched earlier this year, it did NOT get added in HD on DirecTV, while it DID on Uverse - just sayin'...
post #11 of 14 Old 11-21-2019, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
To find i24NEWS on local TV lineups; once launched, it will be available on DIRECTV on Channel 343.
While this is coming this Monday, it is NOT going to be a satellite delivered channel, but instead be a Genie-only streaming channel, similar to how they offer Cheddar on DirecTV:
http://iamanedgecutter.com/showthrea...ll=1#post62200
dtv757 likes this.
post #12 of 14 Old 11-21-2019, 08:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 118
post #13 of 14 Old 11-22-2019, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post
The Blaze is ending as a Linear Channel.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ear-tv-1252902

No surprise.
I was expecting this as well. A lot of providers have been dropping it. Glenn Beck's place in the conservative media sphere has been in decline since he didn't embrace the President that closely.

As for the previously reported Music Choice Play ending, Verizon confirmed it by sending out a message to all STBs this morning, including mine.
HDOrlando likes this.
post #14 of 14 Old 11-25-2019, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
I've been following this, and I haven't said anything because it wasn't clear to me yet that these are going to be removed for a la carte subscribers yet. It's clear Comcast wants to get premiums out of the bundle, as they already did with Cinemax. But it hasn't been clear to me if paying extra will allow you to keep these.

FM is surely gone, and was a matter of time since sister network Fuse got dropped last year. FM HD is available in South Florida.

I'm willing to bet Comcast adds the separate Epix channels in SD only, although there's no excuse to not have HD IP at this point.

I do think we're reaching a point where the existence of these premium channels is very much in jeopardy, especially those that offer limited or nonexistent exclusive content.
when it's time to renew an basic channel that is owned by the same owner as an dropped premium they can force there hand to add it back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page