Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 12/29/2019 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 166Likes
  • 4 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 2 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By dtv757
  • 1 Post By oriolesmagic

post #1 of 23 Old 04-05-2017, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Question Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 12/29/2019

This will be the new thread going forward that is a comprehensive chart of all providers' HD offerings nationally. The chart includes major cable, satellite, telco, IPTV and streaming offerings. The previous thread can be found HERE.

Channels are broken down by category so that you can compare offerings between providers for networks (standard television channels), premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz), international channels (channels either being in another language other than English or marketed to international audiences), and PPV channels (either by subscription service or one-time rental fee).

In the case of cable providers, some channels may not be carried in your market due to bandwidth or perceived lack of interest. You should always check with the provider before signing up for service if you are looking for certain services. As always, channels are subject to change with carriage disputes and format changes. If you have any questions about what is available in a certain market, please ask me and I'll try to get that information for you. Channels marked wide are carried in at least 50% of possible markets from that company.

Regional sports networks are usually only offered in their respective territories. DirecTV offers the Sports Pack that allows you to access these out-of-market. Essentially, use the regional sports network chart as a way to determine what might be seen in your area if you're a sports fan. Note that some providers don't carry all regional sports networks available, and that what you can get in a certain area may vary from providers.

Premium channels, and some networks, are available with East and West feeds. They are only marked on this chart if a provider offers both. For most premium channels, only one feed will be offered in an area. Some providers do offer both feeds, and prioritize the native area feed on their respective coast.

If you're wondering about your local market, you can see your area, down to your specific cable/satellite system, included with channel numbers and what's carried in standard definition HERE!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RSN HD Lineup.pdf (103.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: pdf HD Lineup.pdf (469.0 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 12-29-2019 at 12:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 2380 Post(s)
Liked: 4561
Small favor, guys. There's a bug, somewhere, for users of Chrome on mobile devices that displays S as a string of odd characters to PC users. Seems to only happen on posts composed in Chrome using "mobile view." Please switch back to the desktop view before composing any replies until Verticalscope gets it figured out.

Chrome users on mobile do not notice anything, by the way. But those using Chrome browsers on PCs see it.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 23 Old 10-07-2019, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniloni View Post
Great resource, as always, but I don't think TUDN (Univision Deportes) ever made it back to Sling after the Univision/Dish dispute. I just checked the Sling lineup and I couldn't find it in the main channel list, the Latino add on or the Sports add on.
I'll check into this. I'll fully admit I don't do nearly as much research on the streaming side of things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 10-31-2019, 01:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 98
If you recall this past April, there were postings here about a new channel, Black News Channel, being launched later this year. Evidently it's happening on November 15th & it's now up in test on DISH.
BUT since this IS DISH, it's only being put up in SD...& it's almost 2020!!!
https://blacknewschannel.com/countdown-to-launch/
post #5 of 23 Old 12-23-2019, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm hearing that effective 1/20/20, Fusion and El Rey will be leaving DirecTV.
dishrich likes this.
post #6 of 23 Old 12-23-2019, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
Yep, sent as a message to all DirecTV receivers. I looked under the most recent U-verse prog change notice, & it only says "the prog changes set forth below may occur" for not only these 2 channels, but many others...so I guess we'll have to wait & see if they (also) leave U-verse.

Also in case you haven't seen this, Comcast & Starz have come to an agreement to keep at least the current (reduced) lineup on systems...eventually it appears that Comcast will be removing those channels from all current bundles & will make it ONLY an a la carte offering probably in February, after the last episode of "Power" is shown. (kinda like what they did with Cinemax)

https://www.multichannel.com/news/co...-carriage-deal
post #7 of 23 Old 12-24-2019, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

At least from the surface, it appears that only Starz will stay, and the rest will be removed permanently. And that the Plex channels will not be returning either, nor the other missing Starz Encore channels. I'm flatly surprised Starz agreed to this considering the change in terms; it shows to me that the future for premium channels is streaming, they know it, and they'll just take whatever they can get in the meantime as things transition.

I would be willing to bet the side channels start disappearing on other providers. I'm confident enough now that I can go ahead and update the chart with these changes. If it turns out more channels start coming, we can add them later.
post #8 of 23 Old 12-26-2019, 02:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
And that's precisely the issue. YouTube lacks the A&E channels. Other lack the Viacom channels. All of them have sports holes. To get the same amount of channels you have (with vastly increased redundancy), you're paying at least the same price, if not more, since you have to maintain multiple subscriptions. And all of them are counting on you to just set it and forget it, AutoPay and never cancel.

I'm sure it works for some people. I think it doesn't work for the vast majority of people, in what is usually a far harder environment to navigate. I do run Netflix through my Verizon Fios box using the same remote I do for my cable subscription, and that has increased my usage of it.
For me, Spectrum has raised my Price to $225.

I have the Silver packages with 2 HD DVRs and Internet.

If I dump them for TV, it's $80 for internet and then YouTube TV plus Showtime will be close to $70 a month which is $150. I can save $75 a month.

I'm looking into Philo for the A and E but since they do not have an APP for my TV's, it's a no-go.

Even with that, I can save $50 a month. I'd be fine with that. I'd rather Youtube add the a and E channels and raise me $10 a month that is still $65 for me.

I'll see what happens.
post #9 of 23 Old 12-26-2019, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
Yep, sent as a message to all DirecTV receivers. I looked under the most recent U-verse prog change notice, & it only says "the prog changes set forth below may occur" for not only these 2 channels, but many others...so I guess we'll have to wait & see if they (also) leave U-verse.

Also in case you haven't seen this, Comcast & Starz have come to an agreement to keep at least the current (reduced) lineup on systems...eventually it appears that Comcast will be removing those channels from all current bundles & will make it ONLY an a la carte offering probably in February, after the last episode of "Power" is shown. (kinda like what they did with Cinemax)

https://www.multichannel.com/news/co...-carriage-deal
Quote:
At least from the surface, it appears that only Starz will stay, and the rest will be removed permanently. And that the Plex channels will not be returning either, nor the other missing Starz Encore channels. I'm flatly surprised Starz agreed to this considering the change in terms; it shows to me that the future for premium channels is streaming, they know it, and they'll just take whatever they can get in the meantime as things transition.

I would be willing to bet the side channels start disappearing on other providers. I'm confident enough now that I can go ahead and update the chart with these changes. If it turns out more channels start coming, we can add them later.
or it's just Comcast that was an weak lineup + big VOD push.

Dish / Direct has more bandwidth and subs with poor internet.
post #10 of 23 Old 12-26-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It adds fuel to the fire about the future of El Rey.
post #11 of 23 Old 12-27-2019, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post
It adds fuel to the fire about the future of El Rey.
I think both Fusion and El Rey may not be long for this world. For niche channels like this, the money is drying up considerably.
post #12 of 23 Old 12-27-2019, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think both Fusion and El Rey may not be long for this world. For niche channels like this, the money is drying up considerably.
Definitely.

What other channels do you see as being on the bubble?
post #13 of 23 Old 12-27-2019, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post
Definitely.

What other channels do you see as being on the bubble?
The first endangered channels are always going to be ones with independent ownership because carriage is never guaranteed, and there's no guarantee the channel is profitable. I doubt the future is bright for channels like Ovation or Reelz Channel, for example. I do think we're going to see continued channel decreases as the market continues to move more toward streaming.

It's hard to say with the conglomerates what's going under because they may make branding changes to their portfolios. Viacom could decide to shelve any of their obscure Nick channels, for example.

I'll get the chart updated this weekend with all the changes at Comcast. There's just not a lot going on these days for our purposes anymore.
post #14 of 23 Old 12-27-2019, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The first endangered channels are always going to be ones with independent ownership because carriage is never guaranteed, and there's no guarantee the channel is profitable. I doubt the future is bright for channels like Ovation or Reelz Channel, for example. I do think we're going to see continued channel decreases as the market continues to move more toward streaming.

It's hard to say with the conglomerates what's going under because they may make branding changes to their portfolios. Viacom could decide to shelve any of their obscure Nick channels, for example.

I'll get the chart updated this weekend with all the changes at Comcast. There's just not a lot going on these days for our purposes anymore.
It's definitely the indys in most danger.

Viacom could definitely cut back on the many extra channels they have.

It feels like we should go back to the days before digital cable at this point.
post #15 of 23 Old 12-29-2019, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I've updated the chart, and I think I've made some sense of what has happened with Comcast.

I've removed the secondary Starz HD feeds from Comcast, as well as IndiePlex and RetroPlex. If they come back, we'll add them. But I doubt that's the case. I've kept the main Starz and Encore channels as is.

Because they're IP only, I've tagged Jewelry TV HD and the secondary Epix channels as limited. I've also done the same for the Screenpix channels I've added to the chart. Since Screenpix Westerns appears to be SD only, I did not add it to the chart yet.

I've added Fuse HD and FM HD back for CenturyLink, and made some deletions. I've removed The Blaze HD and MC Play HD from the chart, as these channels have shut down. I've also removed the Canal French channels as DirecTV is removing them 12/31, and no other providers in the US offer these channels. It's the first time in a long time I can think of removing so many channels at once.

I'm sorry the updates don't happen very fast anymore. It really is starting to feel like the end of conventional pay TV as we know it.
dtv757 and longhorn23 like this.
post #16 of 23 Old 12-29-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I think HBO max will led to the reduction if not outright elimination of the linear channels

HBO = HBO max Prime

Cinemax = HBO max cinema

HBO Family = HBO max Family

HBO Zone -= HBO max Zone

HBO latino = HBO max latino

The other 10 channels will be phased out
post #17 of 23 Old 12-30-2019, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post
I think HBO max will led to the reduction if not outright elimination of the linear channels

HBO = HBO max Prime

Cinemax = HBO max cinema

HBO Zone -= HBO max Zone

I think it is very likely we will see these scaled down in some way in the future. I think the entire linear future of Cinemax and its 7 extension channels is in doubt as it struggles to find viewership for its original programming. I think HBO is safer because of the scale it has in the original programming marketplace. I do think if HBO Max is incredibly successful, Time Warner will continue scaling back its partnership with other MVPDs (see Dish) and keep all the revenue for itself, and even encourage people away from their existing providers to AT&T TV/DirecTV. I figure the most endangered are going to be HBO Signature, HBO Comedy and HBO Zone. Family allows them to separate off childrens' programming (Remember they have Sesame Street rights now) and keep it a little safer for younger eyes, they're going to have criticism of shutting down the Spanish-only channel that maintains separate programming, and I think there's at least some need still on the linear side for HBO 2, which airs much of the same programming at different times. But in this day and age, the rest can easily go streaming-only and be eliminated.

Something that we'll be forced to examine with the chart in 2020 is the future of AT&T U-Verse. I am hearing reports that all U-Verse customers will be forced to migrate to the new AT&T TV platform, which has some channels neither U-Verse or DirecTV have in HD. My sources tell me Logo, Sportsman Channel and Fox Sports Ohio are in HD on it, at the very least, as well as some additional international channels. I expect to morph the U-Verse section of the chart into AT&T TV at some point.

If any of you can find a way to see the channel listings for the X1/IP side of things with Comcast, I'd be forever grateful. I do need to go through some of the methods I have in finding information for Spectrum, as they might have added something in the last few months.
post #18 of 23 Old 12-30-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I think it is very likely we will see these scaled down in some way in the future. I think the entire linear future of Cinemax and its 7 extension channels is in doubt as it struggles to find viewership for its original programming. I think HBO is safer because of the scale it has in the original programming marketplace. I do think if HBO Max is incredibly successful, Time Warner will continue scaling back its partnership with other MVPDs (see Dish) and keep all the revenue for itself, and even encourage people away from their existing providers to AT&T TV/DirecTV. I figure the most endangered are going to be HBO Signature, HBO Comedy and HBO Zone. Family allows them to separate off childrens' programming (Remember they have Sesame Street rights now) and keep it a little safer for younger eyes, they're going to have criticism of shutting down the Spanish-only channel that maintains separate programming, and I think there's at least some need still on the linear side for HBO 2, which airs much of the same programming at different times. But in this day and age, the rest can easily go streaming-only and be eliminated.

Something that we'll be forced to examine with the chart in 2020 is the future of AT&T U-Verse. I am hearing reports that all U-Verse customers will be forced to migrate to the new AT&T TV platform, which has some channels neither U-Verse or DirecTV have in HD. My sources tell me Logo, Sportsman Channel and Fox Sports Ohio are in HD on it, at the very least, as well as some additional international channels. I expect to morph the U-Verse section of the chart into AT&T TV at some point.

If any of you can find a way to see the channel listings for the X1/IP side of things with Comcast, I'd be forever grateful. I do need to go through some of the methods I have in finding information for Spectrum, as they might have added something in the last few months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post

HBO = HBO max Prime

Cinemax = HBO max cinema

HBO Zone -= HBO max Zone

Maybe more like

HBO MAX 4K (looping content not tied to an other channel) (Directv only??)

HBO = HBO max Prime EAST / WEST

HBO 2 = HBO max Prime 2 EAST / WEST

Cinemax = HBO max cinema EAST / WEST

HBO Family = HBO max Family EAST / WEST

HBO Zone -= HBO max Zone EAST / WEST

HBO latino = HBO max latino EAST / WEST

Cinemax latino = HBO max latino 2 EAST / WEST

Maybe For Directv subs only (tagged at ones without good internet / people who want to use the in place tv box) or just push to DVR local VOD content

An channel for HBO Max (streaming) exclusive shows (if not on the main channels)

Crunchyroll EAST / WEST?
post #19 of 23 Old 12-30-2019, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe The Dragon View Post
Maybe more like

HBO MAX 4K (looping content not tied to an other channel) (Directv only??)

HBO = HBO max Prime EAST / WEST

HBO 2 = HBO max Prime 2 EAST / WEST

Cinemax = HBO max cinema EAST / WEST

HBO Family = HBO max Family EAST / WEST

HBO Zone -= HBO max Zone EAST / WEST

HBO latino = HBO max latino EAST / WEST

Cinemax latino = HBO max latino 2 EAST / WEST

Maybe For Directv subs only (tagged at ones without good internet / people who want to use the in place tv box) or just push to DVR local VOD content

An channel for HBO Max (streaming) exclusive shows (if not on the main channels)

Crunchyroll EAST / WEST?
HBO/ Max 4K would be cool!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
longhorn23 likes this.

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT
Bell Atlantic or its Subsidiaries
post #20 of 23 Old 01-05-2020, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Black News Channel delays launch (AGAIN) until Feb 10th:
https://blacknewschannel.com/wp-cont...e-PR_final.pdf

Also, FM IS now gone from Comcast here; I assume this is true for their other systems...

Last edited by dishrich; 01-05-2020 at 01:40 PM.
post #21 of 23 Old 01-06-2020, 02:24 PM

Marquee Sports Network still doesn’t have a deal with Comcast to carry Cubs games. Here’s a worst-case scenario for fans.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...wv4-story.html
post #22 of 23 Old 01-07-2020, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
Black News Channel delays launch (AGAIN) until Feb 10th:
https://blacknewschannel.com/wp-cont...e-PR_final.pdf

Also, FM IS now gone from Comcast here; I assume this is true for their other systems...
The big one to check for our purposes is in South Florida, as they are the only ones who ever carried FM in HD.
post #23 of 23 Old 01-08-2020, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Optimum has added El Rey in HD. I don't know about the Suddenlink side of things yet.

I'm going to request people not make these speculative posts on things like HBO MAX. We know nothing about how it will go, and it just pollutes this chart and causes us needless deletions.
dishrich likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page