Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 3/16/2020 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 174Likes
  • 4 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 2 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By dishrich

post #1 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Question Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 3/16/2020

This will be the new thread going forward that is a comprehensive chart of all providers' HD offerings nationally. The chart includes major cable, satellite, telco, IPTV and streaming offerings. The previous thread can be found HERE.

Channels are broken down by category so that you can compare offerings between providers for networks (standard television channels), premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz), international channels (channels either being in another language other than English or marketed to international audiences), and PPV channels (either by subscription service or one-time rental fee).

In the case of cable providers, some channels may not be carried in your market due to bandwidth or perceived lack of interest. You should always check with the provider before signing up for service if you are looking for certain services. As always, channels are subject to change with carriage disputes and format changes. If you have any questions about what is available in a certain market, please ask me and I'll try to get that information for you. Channels marked wide are carried in at least 50% of possible markets from that company.

Regional sports networks are usually only offered in their respective territories. DirecTV offers the Sports Pack that allows you to access these out-of-market. Essentially, use the regional sports network chart as a way to determine what might be seen in your area if you're a sports fan. Note that some providers don't carry all regional sports networks available, and that what you can get in a certain area may vary from providers.

Premium channels, and some networks, are available with East and West feeds. They are only marked on this chart if a provider offers both. For most premium channels, only one feed will be offered in an area. Some providers do offer both feeds, and prioritize the native area feed on their respective coast.

If you're wondering about your local market, you can see your area, down to your specific cable/satellite system, included with channel numbers and what's carried in standard definition HERE!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HD Lineup.pdf (450.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: pdf RSN HD Lineup.pdf (99.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 03-16-2020 at 02:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-30-2020, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I've heard reports that WOW is testing an all IPTV system based around Android TV in the Columbus market, and plans to launch that through their footprint.

I believe everything on it is in HD, so we may be adding a lot more limited things to the chart for them.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-16-2020, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

The chart has been updated with the Verizon and Comcast additions, as well as the Cox, Frontier and CenturyLink deletions.

I've also updated the RSN chart to reflect Marquee going live, and what carriers have it.
dtv757 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-16-2020, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I've finally deciphered WOW tv+, which is being test marketed in Columbus, and will probably eventually replace their IP offerings.

Here's what I'll be adding to the chart for WOW in the next update as limited (which will probably be relatively soon)

BBC World News HD appears to be wide for WOW now.

American Heroes Channel HD
BET Her HD
C-SPAN 2 HD
C-SPAN 3 HD
Daystar HD
Discovery Life HD
Disney Jr HD
EWTN HD
Fox Soccer Plus HD
Fox Sports 2 HD
Fusion HD
FXX HD
INSP HD
Jewelry TV HD
Logo HD
MTV2 HD
Nick Jr HD
Nicktoons HD
Olympic Channel HD
Outdoor Channel HD
OWN HD
QVC2 HD
SEC Network HD
ShopHQ HD
SonLife HD
Teen Nick HD
TVG2 HD
TV Land HD

ActionMax HD
ThrillerMax HD
5StarMax HD
OuterMax HD
MovieMax HD
Cinemax HD Latino
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Showtime Family Zone HD
TMC Xtra HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz Encore Classic HD
Starz Encore Suspense HD
Starz Encore Westerns HD
Starz Encore Family HD

It doesn't appear they really added any new channels, just their new Android TV platform allows them to deliver everything in HD. I want to go through the rest of their lineups to see what changes, if any, occurred before making these limited changes, and what appears to be wide for BBC World News (as it was added to the regular platform in Columbus and Cleveland, at least).
post #5 of 12 Old 03-18-2020, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The following will be wide for WOW after the Cleveland/Columbus Ohio additions.

C-SPAN 2 HD
Disney Jr. HD
Fox Soccer Plus HD
Fox Sports 2 HD
FXX HD
MTV2 HD
Outdoor Channel HD
OWN HD
SEC Network HD
TV Land HD
ActionMax HD
Showtime Beyond HD
TMC Xtra HD
post #6 of 12 Old 03-20-2020, 12:56 PM

The following are now wide for Cox.

BabyFirst TV HD
BYU TV HD
HSN2 HD
Smithsonian Channel HD
Telefe HD
Playboy TV en Espanol HD
post #7 of 12 Old 03-23-2020, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer McKiernan View Post
The following will be wide for WOW after the Cleveland/Columbus Ohio additions.

C-SPAN 2 HD
Disney Jr. HD
Fox Soccer Plus HD
Fox Sports 2 HD
FXX HD
MTV2 HD
Outdoor Channel HD
OWN HD
SEC Network HD
TV Land HD
ActionMax HD
Showtime Beyond HD
TMC Xtra HD
There seems to be some misconceptions here. The channels to be added for WOW are only currently available in the Columbus market. No other markets. They are also only available for those customers receiving IPTV through an Android platform. They will eventually be made available to all the other markets.

The channels you're listing here would not be wide, as the only other markets that have many of them are the former NuLink system in Newnan, GA that WOW acquired, with the exception of SEC Network. Because there are more customers in the legacy WOW areas than that of the former Knology areas (which are all in the SEC footprint), SEC Network is the only one that has a chance of being changed at this time.

Remember that in order to be considered widely distributed, it must be received by at least 50% of the customer base of the company. And as a policy for things like the changes with Comcast, who is adding most of their channels via the X1 platform only, by default, we are making those limited because those who have older equipment or TiVo are not able to receive those channels at all.

I do have it on some sources that the longheld issue with WE TV HD being included in Comcast's new packages will be fixed tomorrow, as it was with WGN America. Those are channels I'll revisit as adding to wide if it is confirmed. ID is the only holdout under those rules, to my knowledge.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-23-2020, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer McKiernan View Post
The following are now wide for Cox.

BabyFirst TV HD
BYU TV HD
HSN2 HD
Smithsonian Channel HD
Telefe HD
Playboy TV en Espanol HD
I'll have to look into these.

BabyFirst HD, I'm inclined to agree with you. BYU doesn't seem to have been added in the areas missing it (VA, OH, CT, LA, RI).

Smithsonian got added in AZ (which I'd say puts it over to wide), but still doesn't seem to have been added in all of Southern CA.

Cox also added Newsmax HD, so that will be wide.

The others I'll have to check and see what, if anything, changed.

Telefe seems to be wide, but I'm still only seeing Playboy En Espanol in limited markets. Nothing seems to have changed with HSN2, which was only HD in VA and San Diego. EDIT: It was added in the LA SoCal portions.

EDIT: Cox has Nickelodeon West HD on at least a limited basis. Cleveland got it.

Thanks for your help in getting Cox revised. They're quieter than most, but also are still adding channels on a pretty consistent basis.

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 03-23-2020 at 11:32 AM.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-01-2020, 07:32 AM

CenturyLink has dropped Ride TV HD.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-01-2020, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

DirecTV has officially added SportsNet LA today.

Good news for Dodgers fans if we ever have baseball back.
OrangeCountyCA and longhorn23 like this.
post #11 of 12 Old 04-01-2020, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Bunch others got added today as well:

DirecTV also added Newsmax HD

DISH added Encore Westerns, Encore Suspense, Encore Espanol, as well as the west feed of the Encore main feed

Also a quick note...for whatever reason, Comcast (still) hasn't added the IP HD feed of Disney Jr yet...just checked again today. Other Comcast areas [email protected] have reported the same issue.
longhorn23 likes this.
post #12 of 12 Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
DirecTV has officially added SportsNet LA today.

Good news for Dodgers fans if we ever have baseball back.
Oh yeah, NOW they add them when there is no baseball and that most Americans are more worried about a life-threatening disease than sports. When I saw the breaking news bulletin on the Los Angeles Times website, I had to make double sure it wasn't an April Fool's joke.

So it took a life-threatening pandemic to bring the two sides together after six years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page