Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 7/8/2019 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 130Likes
  • 3 Post By oriolesmagic
  • 1 Post By dtv757
  • 1 Post By dtv757

post #1 of 15 Old 04-05-2017, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Question Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 7/8/2019

This will be the new thread going forward that is a comprehensive chart of all providers' HD offerings nationally. The chart includes major cable, satellite, telco, IPTV and streaming offerings. The previous thread can be found HERE.

Channels are broken down by category so that you can compare offerings between providers for networks (standard television channels), premiums (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz), international channels (channels either being in another language other than English or marketed to international audiences), and PPV channels (either by subscription service or one-time rental fee).

In the case of cable providers, some channels may not be carried in your market due to bandwidth or perceived lack of interest. You should always check with the provider before signing up for service if you are looking for certain services. As always, channels are subject to change with carriage disputes and format changes. If you have any questions about what is available in a certain market, please ask me and I'll try to get that information for you. Channels marked wide are carried in at least 50% of possible markets from that company.

Regional sports networks are usually only offered in their respective territories. DirecTV offers the Sports Pack that allows you to access these out-of-market. Essentially, use the regional sports network chart as a way to determine what might be seen in your area if you're a sports fan. Note that some providers don't carry all regional sports networks available, and that what you can get in a certain area may vary from providers.

Premium channels, and some networks, are available with East and West feeds. They are only marked on this chart if a provider offers both. For most premium channels, only one feed will be offered in an area. Some providers do offer both feeds, and prioritize the native area feed on their respective coast.

If you're wondering about your local market, you can see your area, down to your specific cable/satellite system, included with channel numbers and what's carried in standard definition HERE!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HD Lineup.pdf (467.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: pdf RSN HD Lineup.pdf (105.1 KB, 6 views)
dtv757, HDOrlando and hlvowell like this.

Last edited by oriolesmagic; 07-07-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2186 Post(s)
Liked: 4090
Small favor, guys. There's a bug, somewhere, for users of Chrome on mobile devices that displays S as a string of odd characters to PC users. Seems to only happen on posts composed in Chrome using "mobile view." Please switch back to the desktop view before composing any replies until Verticalscope gets it figured out.

Chrome users on mobile do not notice anything, by the way. But those using Chrome browsers on PCs see it.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 15 Old 07-07-2019, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

My apologies for taking so long to get an update rolling.

Here's what's changed:

Ride TV HD is added for U-Verse
Pursuit Channel HD dropped for DirecTV and AT&T
SonLife HD changed from limited to wide for both DirecTV and AT&T
UpliftTV HD added as wide for Spectrum
Weather Channel HD added for Verizon

It's still not possible for me to make out what is going on with DirecTV, and the west coast test feeds of TNT, TBS, MTV, BET and Comedy Central. Most other providers mirror these to the correct coasts, with only a few exceptions. DirecTV has always carried the east coast feeds primarily, carrying the additional west coast feeds for some movies, as well as the kids' stations. I don't know if these feeds will ever really launch, and if they do, if they will be like other providers, and they will have the ability to market the correct feed to each coast or if they're going to be carrying both feeds nationwide. When we know that, I'll add these accordingly.

I've also updated the RSN chart for the first time in quite some time, as RCN has dropped MASN and MASN2, effective July 1. It's still too early to know what to do with the pending purchase of the Fox RSNs by Sinclair, as that has yet to be approved. It's also been reported that AT&T is considering selling their SportsNets. There will be some significant changes coming to that chart in the near future, I think.

As for the announced Comcast changes, because they don't update their channel listings anywhere, I can't say that anything has really changed with those channels. Previously, the 2 alternate SEC Network HD feeds were carried in most of the SEC territory, and not outside it. The same goes for Pac 12 Networks. If these are now being added nationwide via X1, then they'd be changed. But Comcast is downright cryptic on these things anymore, and Spectrum is little better. Considering the challenges all these providers have in maintaining customers, you'd think they'd be more forthcoming in showcasing their offerings. Although that perhaps also suggests that the television providers aren't all that interested in promoting a declining product that certainly isn't the bulk of their profits any longer due to the internet age, as well as the high cost of programming fees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
Note that also lists SEC Network Overflow HD and Fox Deportes HD. And for X1 only. This tells me the holes will be filled.
Well the thing that's interesting, is that here we've already had Fox Deportes HD for some time now, on QAM. (while we DO have SEC HD, we currently do NOT have an overflow ch for it at all)

So I'm curious to see - assuming this notice IS actually correct (re: X1-only) - how they're going to "fill the HD holes" from system to system. Are the X1-only channels, going to be consistent across the country, like it is now? (everyone w/X1 is getting Newsmax, i24 News, Zliving, etc.) Or is going to be another "hodge-podge" of some systems get certain channels, while others don't, &/or some get them on X1 only?
I'm guessing if this is the start of Comcast (FINALLY) filling HD holes, it's due to where they are now installing X1 boxes in commercial establishments, so that everyone can get it now.
post #5 of 15 Old 07-08-2019, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
Well the thing that's interesting, is that here we've already had Fox Deportes HD for some time now, on QAM. (while we DO have SEC HD, we currently do NOT have an overflow ch for it at all)

So I'm curious to see - assuming this notice IS actually correct (re: X1-only) - how they're going to "fill the HD holes" from system to system. Are the X1-only channels, going to be consistent across the country, like it is now? (everyone w/X1 is getting Newsmax, i24 News, Zliving, etc.) Or is going to be another "hodge-podge" of some systems get certain channels, while others don't, &/or some get them on X1 only?
I'm guessing if this is the start of Comcast (FINALLY) filling HD holes, it's due to where they are now installing X1 boxes in commercial establishments, so that everyone can get it now.
There's no technological reason that the lineups shouldn't be aligned nationwide. Whether that will happen or not is anyone's guess. It seems that the channels not previously carried are universal (Z Living, Newsmax, i24 News, the international channels), but this is the first instance where these are not universal channels for them.

While everyone from mostly Illinois west got Fox Deportes HD, the east coast never really did outside of some heavily Latino areas in Florida.

Comcast still has a lot of regional oddities that make no sense. Things like Crime & Investigation HD, Reelz Channel HD, C-SPAN 2 HD, FM HD are sparingly seen outside of a few markets. Will those end up via X1 for everyone else? Because we can't verify the X1 channels via their lineup tool, I can't make heads or tails of it.
post #6 of 15 Old 07-09-2019, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post

well they better be ready to have commercial establishments at 100% X1 if they make the chicago cubs marquee network X1 only if they get it.
post #7 of 15 Old 07-10-2019, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Cowboy Ch HD in test on DISH

Last edited by dishrich; 07-10-2019 at 07:35 PM.
post #8 of 15 Old 07-11-2019, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 33
On Saturday July 20th Univision Deportes will be merged with Televisa Sports in Mexico and a new North American sports network will be created from the 2 entities. It will have a new name and will be based in Mexico City:

Televisa-Univision Deportes Network (TUDN).

Source: PRODU.com 7-9-19
post #9 of 15 Old 07-14-2019, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Spectrum has dropped Hillsong HD.
post #10 of 15 Old 07-14-2019, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post
Woah they were like the 1st to add hillsong HD ...

Here is some DirecTV into :
-KyL416 posted this over at over iamanedgecutter.com just re-capping here

All the West coast feeds currently in testing will launch on 7/15/19 a recap of those are:

WarnerMedia (AT&T)
245-1 TNT West HD
247-1 TBS West HD

Viacom
249-1 Comedy Central West HD
329-1 BET West HD
331-1 MTV West HD

Source: https://dbstalk.com/community/index.php?posts/3537623

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
longhorn23 likes this.

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT
Bell Atlantic or its Subsidiaries
post #11 of 15 Old 07-14-2019, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
I did notice that it seems some of the channel numbers for Hillsong were being used for Uplift now.
post #12 of 15 Old 07-14-2019, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
Quote:
Woah they were like the 1st to add hillsong HD ...

Here is some DirecTV into :
-KyL416 posted this over at over iamanedgecutter.com just re-capping here

All the West coast feeds currently in testing will launch on 7/15/19 a recap of those are:

WarnerMedia (AT&T)
245-1 TNT West HD
247-1 TBS West HD

Viacom
249-1 Comedy Central West HD
329-1 BET West HD
331-1 MTV West HD

Source: http://https://dbstalk.com/community...s/3537623

What I'm curious to see is if they allow access to both feeds. I'm thinking this doesn't get prompted on the Viacom end unless they're wanting the system to automatically only provide the correct feed for the region. TBS and TNT seems to be different because of the cross ownership.
post #13 of 15 Old 07-14-2019, 08:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
I did notice that it seems some of the channel numbers for Hillsong were being used for Uplift now.
Uplift TV is 1114 and 234.
post #14 of 15 Old 07-15-2019, 03:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 209
This morning at 0601 am EST i saw TBS west , and MTV west . Then I had to leave the house . I would guess the others are there by now .

longhorn23 likes this.

MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM REPRESENT
Bell Atlantic or its Subsidiaries
post #15 of 15 Old 07-17-2019, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Cowboy Ch HD is live now on DISH
Sponsored Links