Survivor 35 Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers on CBS - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 109Likes

post #151 of 231 Old 12-07-2017, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Well, Ben needs to have immunity or he's gone at the next tribal, I think. And, I think he knows it. If he figures a way out, Crissy or Devon need to go. I don't think any of the others would get any votes at the end, except, maybe, sympathy votes.

Dr Mike will come up with another epic huge move to save Ben.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 231 Old 12-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
While I'm not really a huge Ben fan (he wears his Service on his sleeve, and as a Vet that was deployed myself, I don't agree with that) .. I will admit he's playing a pretty good game .. without another Idol or Immunity, he's vulnerable now ..

Lauren deserved to go .. she just flat out played stupid .. had she kept the whole Idol, and played it, a complete re-vote would have been triggered .. of course, the vote reading was edited to make Lauren's name appear last, and apparently, she got voted out by one vote .. Ben's

I don't know who I'm even rooting for, at this point .. but, based on Play .. Outwit, Outplay, Outlast .. Ben takes it .. and, if he makes it to Final, he wins ..
She did get voted out by only one vote.....they showed who voted for who after the commercials at the end.
post #153 of 231 Old 12-12-2017, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ben keeping quiet about his idol is why you keep quiet about an idol.
shivaji, lexluthor and John dhein like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 231 Old 12-13-2017, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hmm, Ben could have kept quiet again about his idol and voted for Devin, just like Lauren, his vote would have sent him home.

post #155 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked: 826
It would have been epic if Ben had pulled out the idol after a heated tribal council with everyone voting for him. Jaws would have been on the floor and he would have been responsible for the person going home. When did everyone decide to vote for Ashley...even Ben.

Devin might be the most underestimated player. He came up with the Ben the double agent strategy and then he told everyone that even though Ben had the idol, he might be bluffing to get people to panic and then not play it. This made Ben give it to Jeff early to show how serious he was. And nobody is really gunning for Devin.
shivaji likes this.
post #156 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I've watched every season, but if they keep introducing so many idols, and making them so easy to find, I may be done. At this point it seems theoretically possible that someone could just find and play an idol every single week and make it to the end. Or maybe one season they'll try giving everyone their own secret idol at the beginning but claim "you're the only one who has one". It's all such manufactured "drama".

Apart from that, I'm rooting for Devin. Mike is an obvious pawn to take to the final three, and Ben can't go soon enough. Chrissy too, for that matter.
post #157 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 165
It's funny, I face palm watching scripted shows where characters do, or don't do things that make easy sense given the situation.

Here on an unscripted show?, we have Ben. Ben desperately needs an idol. Of course Ben is left all alone in the light of day to hunt till his hearts content, as all the others wallow around oblivious.

I think he revealed the idol early hoping to keep it and alter his fate. Devin saw what we were all thinking and called him out, forcing him to give it to Jeff.

I agree it would have been awesome if he kept it secret, kindled all votes against him at tribal and waited till after voting to give the idol to Jeff. He would have then again possibly decided who goes to the jury with his single vote. Which may be unprecedented?
post #158 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2876 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
Another example of players that are either lazy or have convinced themselves Ben could never find another Idol .. they have no one to blame but themselves ..

Regardless of what I think of Ben, respect him I do .. he's playing hard, wants it bad and if he makes Final, he's a slam dunk at this point ..
shivaji, John dhein, bswiz and 1 others like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #159 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

There was some very good news during the show last night. The Amazing Race is back Jan 3rd.
curtlots and dan4081 like this.

post #160 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 630
If Ben gets to the final, he's winning. AND anyone that lets Ben get to the final deserves to lose.

Except..... Ben just made a mistake, in that Ashley was the best goat candidate still there. He should have voted out Devin. Not just because Devin is a smart player, but, I think Devin is a potential Immunity winner, going forward. All Ben did with his play this Tribal is exactly what Chrissy wanted. Bad move.

Also, on a general note, I'm finding the recent game play to be outstanding, and FAR above the other recent seasons, where the majority of the participants seemed to be there for screen time, to benefit their "careers", instead of their desire to play the game. I think they tried to cast players this season, not models. I like it.
WS65711 and cardoski like this.

Last edited by John dhein; 12-14-2017 at 07:32 AM.
post #161 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
If Ben gets to the final, he's winning. AND anyone that lets Ben get to the final deserves to lose.

Except..... Ben just made a mistake, in that Ashley was the best goat candidate still there. He should have voted out Devin. Not just because Devin is a smart player, but, I think Devin is a potential Immunity winner, going forward. All Ben did with his play this Tribal is exactly what Chrissy wanted. Bad move.

Also, on a general note, I'm finding the recent game play to be outstanding, and FAR above the other recent seasons, where the majority of the participants seemed to be there for screen time, to benefit their "careers", instead of their desire to play the game. I think they tried to cast players this season, not models. I like it.

I am also liking the game play now, it just took too damn long to show up.
cardoski likes this.

post #162 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1870 Post(s)
Liked: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrown13 View Post
I've watched every season, but if they keep introducing so many idols, and making them so easy to find, I may be done. At this point it seems theoretically possible that someone could just find and play an idol every single week and make it to the end. Or maybe one season they'll try giving everyone their own secret idol at the beginning but claim "you're the only one who has one". It's all such manufactured "drama".

Apart from that, I'm rooting for Devin. Mike is an obvious pawn to take to the final three, and Ben can't go soon enough. Chrissy too, for that matter.
It has been this way for years and years. Whenever an idol is played, another one it put back into play. Not sure what you mean if they keep introducing them. Some couldn't find them, some did, some found them in groups, etc. Whatever tribe plays one, another one is put back into the tribe for them to find.

post #163 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Regarding Ben being able to find idols...

I think Russel said that he realized that if he was close to a hidden idol, the camera crew following him would perk up. If he wasn’t close, then they would hang back.
shivaji and cardoski like this.
post #164 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow View Post
It's funny, I face palm watching scripted shows where characters do, or don't do things that make easy sense given the situation.

Here on an unscripted show?, we have Ben. Ben desperately needs an idol. Of course Ben is left all alone in the light of day to hunt till his hearts content, as all the others wallow around oblivious.
They addressed this directly during the interviews. The tribe members said that they were not going to go follow Ben while he searched for an Idol because they felt he would never find it. Mike even said he searched the island (we obviously did not see that part as they have limited time so show) and he said he felt there were none to be found so he wasn't going to follow Ben around. Chrissy then also said that they could just split the votes in case Ben did find one and get him out later.
cardoski likes this.

post #165 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post
I am also liking the game play now, it just took too damn long to show up.
Absolutely ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #166 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
It has been this way for years and years. Whenever an idol is played, another one it put back into play. Not sure what you mean if they keep introducing them. Some couldn't find them, some did, some found them in groups, etc. Whatever tribe plays one, another one is put back into the tribe for them to find.
If my memory is correct, and rules have not changed :: Idols are only valid until a given deadline (usually Day 36 or 37, when 6 or 5 players are left)

If that holds true, Idols are now out of the picture .. Devin, IMO, if it's a Non-Puzzle Challenge, likely has the greatest shot at Immunity .. if it's a Puzzle, it's unlikely he'd win ..

Next week's 2 Hour Finale should be interesting ..

And, I'm ready for Phil and the Amazing Race ..

Uncle Willie

post #167 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Remaining Player Thoughts:
I think Crissy is playing as good a "well rounded" winner's game as anyone right now ...
Dr Mike seems to be the obvious Fish to take to Final Tribal..
I've actually become a bit more impressed with Ryan than I am with Devon, Devon seems to me to think he's running the entire show, in his "own mind" , while Ben, Ryan and Chrissy are the ones really running the game ...
So, my current thought is that it is Chrissy's game to lose right now , & I do believe she will beat Devon, in a Devon - Crissy - ( Mike) final 2 or 3 ....
post #168 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I know it's been this way, but I don't remember them being so easily found (and so often). Perhaps it is all editing. But that one Ben "found" right at the base of the hill/rock he read his letter on was ridiculous.

It also seems that those most in jeopardy find a lot of idols, which, conveniently for CBS, makes for the more entertaining/shocking/whatever TCs.

Long story short, I wish they were a more scarce resource. It's "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast", and flooding the game with idols and advantages takes away from that IMO.
post #169 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
I think there is some implication here in djbrown13 post you quoted regarding the player most want to be voted out by players and fans, they "miraculously", or "amazingly" find the idol and don't get voted out, no one else finds it or no one else seems to feel the urgency to find it except the one most likely to be voted out...the pattern has been fairly consistent for years now...yes the idols are there, yes it is part of the game but it sure seems like it is intentional to keep thing interesting more so then it is accidental...definitely questionable....IMO!
post #170 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Players know Idols are out there .. if they don't look for them, or if they do look for them and we just don't know it, well, it's the Producers wish that drama be within the show .. and that's fine .. personally, it seems to me, they have made them easier to find and get ..

During Kaoh Rong, Tai had to climb a palm tree, cut up his legs and feet and was bleeding .. now, that's an Idol earned .. I think it should be tougher to get one .. now, you just look for some symbol on a tree and a note leads you to it ..

Uncle Willie

post #171 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Have the idols been easier to find or are the players more savvy about finding them? In a hole in a tree, up high in the branches, under a funny looking stump or rock, etc. They have been easier this season since they are marking the locations with symbols. But only Ben has bothered to look for them. Are there more of them or is it because people are finding them more often?
post #172 of 231 Old 12-14-2017, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

There are more because people are playing them instead of hoarding them.
post #173 of 231 Old 12-15-2017, 03:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 480
I am sooooo going to miss those green bikini bottoms.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #174 of 231 Old 12-15-2017, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
Have the idols been easier to find or are the players more savvy about finding them? In a hole in a tree, up high in the branches, under a funny looking stump or rock, etc. They have been easier this season since they are marking the locations with symbols. But only Ben has bothered to look for them. Are there more of them or is it because people are finding them more often?

I would say people are more savvy and they are possibly a little easier.

post #175 of 231 Old 12-17-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
If my memory is correct, and rules have not changed :: Idols are only valid until a given deadline (usually Day 36 or 37, when 6 or 5 players are left)

If that holds true, Idols are now out of the picture .. Devin, IMO, if it's a Non-Puzzle Challenge, likely has the greatest shot at Immunity .. if it's a Puzzle, it's unlikely he'd win ..

Next week's 2 Hour Finale should be interesting ..

And, I'm ready for Phil and the Amazing Race ..
Played before the top 5, so there should be one more.
John dhein likes this.

post #176 of 231 Old 12-17-2017, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I wonder if Ben has been sandbagging a little bit during immunity challenges...
post #177 of 231 Old 12-20-2017, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2530 Post(s)
Liked: 2811
I'm happy, deserving winner and exciting final episode.
curtlots, I WANT MORE and WaTaGuMp like this.

Listening with Focal Elex headphones, Topping DSD Dac, SENCUN-audio tube preamp with tone control and Little Dot hybrid tube amp with GE tubes.

Watching in a room ensconced in velvet.
post #178 of 231 Old 12-20-2017, 10:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ben winning was well deserved, Dr Mike thinking he would have won if he made the final 3, delusional to his end.
shivaji likes this.

post #179 of 231 Old 12-20-2017, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Thought Ben was toast when he lost the challenge but was pretty sure he could win the fire making. Ben certainly showed future players why it's wise to keep a secret.

Was rooting for Ben but thought Chrissy would probably win. Next season sounds interesting.
curtlots likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #180 of 231 Old 12-21-2017, 02:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 38
The skeptic in me wonders exactly when they decided to implement this final twist. Would they have used it if it wasn't to save Ben? If I were Devon, Chrissy or Ryan, I'd probably be pretty annoyed. One of them had this won until the producers decided to give the game to Ben (or at least make it a 50/50 shot for Ben).
shivaji and brazen1 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page