Survivor 36 Ghost Island CBS HD Feb 28th, 2018 - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 64Likes

post #211 of 223 Old 05-24-2018, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Probst doing his best to pump up the drama .. ?? Just shut-up, Jeff .. please .. ??

I'm sure when Jeff announced he was going to actually read the votes at the Voting, the director shouted to the Jury .. "Do your best "shocked" impression NOW .. "

Mediocre Season at best ..

To top it all off, my DVR stopped just before the Fire Build .. so, I didn't even get to see that part .. what happened .. ??
IIRC, Angela got the first small flame that went out and then Wendell got a flame that didn't go out and Angela got another flame started but it went out and by that time it was basically over because Wendell just kept piling on the kindling and Angela could never get anything going again.

Edit: Oops, I see that I should have refreshed the page before I wrote this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .

Last edited by 73shark; 05-24-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 223 Old 05-25-2018, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post
I think Sea Bass did a hurt clam vote which would have given Dom the win.

I'm not so sure about that. He seemed to be closer with Wendell throughout the game than he was with Dom. Also there was that mutual "I'll take you along on this reward" thing they both did for each other.

Sea Bass seemed perfectly fine with Dom's early playing of the (fake) idol during his exit interview. That "disgust" he claimed to have seemed so disingenuous and was mostly fueled by that neurotic twit Kellyn constantly opening her big mouth. She fueled that fire, Sebastian was so high or drunk he had no idea what was even going on at final tribal.
post #213 of 223 Old 05-26-2018, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Probst doing his best to pump up the drama .. ?? Just shut-up, Jeff .. please .. ??

I'm sure when Jeff announced he was going to actually read the votes at the Voting, the director shouted to the Jury .. "Do your best "shocked" impression NOW .. "

Mediocre Season at best ..

To top it all off, my DVR stopped just before the Fire Build .. so, I didn't even get to see that part .. what happened .. ??
It was mediocre at best....and lots of pretentiousness on Jeff's part...over the top...stating the obvious at challenges and tribal... it is beyond old and worse than poor acting. If we start at a 10/10 for the show assuming its great and we like it and take away points for negatives...Jeff's overzealous display drops it at least 1 if not 2 points before any other issues are considered...producers/writers must know it and see it as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 223 Old 05-26-2018, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Wonder why Donathan didn't vote for Laurel. He was close to her the whole game. Did he feel it would have been a wasted vote? That would have given the win to Dom.
post #215 of 223 Old 05-27-2018, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Wonder why Donathan didn't vote for Laurel. He was close to her the whole game. Did he feel it would have been a wasted vote? That would have given the win to Dom.

I think he voted for game play over friends etc.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #216 of 223 Old 05-31-2018, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1860 Post(s)
Liked: 2189
My DVR picked up a survivor episode next Wednesday at 8 PM EST. I looked at it and it says the original air date was 2000. Are they re-airing season one or something? I can't find anything on-line in a quick google search.

post #217 of 223 Old 05-31-2018, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I think the whole "idol redemption" of previous idols was stupid and it added zero value for me. This was one of the most boring seasons. For a lot of the shows this season I just skipped right to tribal and only went back and watched the social interactions if there was something surprising at tribal (which there rarely was).
post #218 of 223 Old 05-31-2018, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
My DVR picked up a survivor episode next Wednesday at 8 PM EST. I looked at it and it says the original air date was 2000. Are they re-airing season one or something? I can't find anything on-line in a quick google search.
Your clue that you are in a time warp is "EST". Nowadays, the east coast is in EDT.
post #219 of 223 Old 05-31-2018, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post
I think the whole "idol redemption" of previous idols was stupid and it added zero value for me. This was one of the most boring seasons. For a lot of the shows this season I just skipped right to tribal and only went back and watched the social interactions if there was something surprising at tribal (which there rarely was).
I agree that this was not a very exciting season, but it wasn’t because of the concept. It was the fact there were no stand out players to root for or against. The recycled idols were interesting because they brought back moments from the old show that were pretty funny. And the show couldn’t really predict how those ghost idols were going to affect the game. That second vote advantage did not help anyone. But Dom saved himself by bluffing that the cursed idol was actually legit and he was able to save his real idol for later. Michael tried to convince people that his idol could save 2 people but it didn’t work.
post #220 of 223 Old 06-01-2018, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 278
One thing that bugs me in general about some of the past seasons is how a lot of the people that set around camp complaining about those that go out and search for and find idols.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #221 of 223 Old 06-01-2018, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 54
https://www.etonline.com/survivors-j...sebastian-noel

Survivor's Jenna Bowman Felt Like She 'Won' After Starting Romance With Contestant Sebastian Noel
post #222 of 223 Old 06-01-2018, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-N2 View Post
https://www.etonline.com/survivors-j...sebastian-noel

Survivor's Jenna Bowman Felt Like She 'Won' After Starting Romance With Contestant Sebastian Noel
Wow. This explains his laid back attitude. I thought he was just a fishing bum getting high all the time and making just enough money to get by in the Keys. But his family owns a plantation in Hawaii. The million dollar prize was obviously not the motivating factor for being on Survivor. Just another life experience. And he got a girlfriend out of the deal.

Yes, I’m jealous.
post #223 of 223 Old 07-17-2018, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2868 Post(s)
Liked: 3692
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hd...l#post56501834

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page