Survivor :: David VS Goliath CBS/HD Sept 26th, 2018 - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 45Likes

post #121 of 138 Old 12-20-2018, 04:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 717
I just FF'd past pretty much the entire final TC, I also deleted my recordings right after seeing Nick win. I have never done that since I started watching.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 138 Old 12-20-2018, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post
I just FF'd past pretty much the entire final TC, I also deleted my recordings right after seeing Nick win. I have never done that since I started watching.
Then you missed the best part of the after tribal show where Natalie contended that the producers intentionally made her look bad on the show. So I guess she's not really bossy and lazy after all.
WaTaGuMp likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #123 of 138 Old 12-20-2018, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Then you missed the best part of the after tribal show where Natalie contended that the producers intentionally made her look bad on the show. So I guess she's not really bossy and lazy after all.
ROFL, kinda ironic eh?

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 138 Old 12-20-2018, 07:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
And when Jeff polled the other contestants if she was not portrayed accurately, no one raised their hands.
post #125 of 138 Old 12-20-2018, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Well, both my players I'd been rooting for were not sitting at Final .. out of the 3 that were, Nick was the best pick .. at least Angelina did not get a single vote ..

I was hoping Kara would win the Fire Challenge but, sometimes, the Survivor Gods are just not sitting in your corner ..

I should check the Survivor Auction site and see if they are auctioning off those gray leotards ..

Personally, I don't think it was one of the better seasons .. maybe that's just me .. the critics loved it ..
It seemed to be a group of fairly intelligent people more than other seasons IMO...particularly once the jury started....I think it can be entertaining for some...boring for others....I liked the intellectual prowess many displayed but overall I didn't care for the season or the players...except Christian.
post #126 of 138 Old 12-21-2018, 08:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is the first time that I thought that the people had makeup on at tribal council. It wasn’t heavy, but everyone’s complexions looked uniform. Especially Alison’s. At the immunity challenge her face was really splotchy, but at tribal, all that was gone.
post #127 of 138 Old 12-22-2018, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 79
While there were a couple of good moves, this season was overall "meh" for me. I liked Christian, but the overall cast seemed bland and forgettable and I felt myself losing interest many times.

But you can't hit it out of the park every season, so hopefully the next one will rebound.
post #128 of 138 Old 12-22-2018, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

There definitely weren’t many stand out personalities other than Christian this season. Pete might have been a unique character if he hadn’t hurt his back in the first episode.

I read an interview with Probst and he brought up an interesting point. If Pete hadn’t been injured right at the start, Nick probably would have gone home at that first Davids tribal council.
post #129 of 138 Old 12-22-2018, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2868 Post(s)
Liked: 3692
I think the so-called Reunion bit has become a joke ..

Sometimes, I think back over all the Seasons, and I think about how the Game has changed .. yes, it's still "Sole Survivor" but how somebody gets there is not the same as it used to be .. these people get at least enough rice to survive, coffee, etc .. not much in the way of food finding going on anymore .. I would not be surprised if smokers had a smoke break sometimes ..

Anybody hear anything yet on "Amazing Race" .. ??
MikeKlim likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #130 of 138 Old 12-23-2018, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Just thought of another interesting thing in this season and that was the rather unique idol/advantage play in some of the tribals.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #131 of 138 Old 12-23-2018, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think the so-called Reunion bit has become a joke ..

Sometimes, I think back over all the Seasons, and I think about how the Game has changed .. yes, it's still "Sole Survivor" but how somebody gets there is not the same as it used to be .. these people get at least enough rice to survive, coffee, etc .. not much in the way of food finding going on anymore .. I would not be surprised if smokers had a smoke break sometimes ..

Anybody hear anything yet on "Amazing Race" .. ??
The show has definitely evolved. I think the audience grew tired of the “survivor” aspect of it. Plus the producers probably didn’t want to get sued over people drinking foul, bacteria or parasite laden water or eating poisonous fruit. The Africa season most likely sealed the deal where the players were on antibiotics for several months to get rid of all the bugs they picked up. And if the contestants are too sick or too hungry or dehydrated to compete then it won’t be too exciting to watch. If you’re into that aspect then Naked and Afraid is the go to show.
post #132 of 138 Old 12-24-2018, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
The show has definitely evolved. I think the audience grew tired of the “survivor” aspect of it. Plus the producers probably didn’t want to get sued over people drinking foul, bacteria or parasite laden water or eating poisonous fruit. The Africa season most likely sealed the deal where the players were on antibiotics for several months to get rid of all the bugs they picked up. And if the contestants are too sick or too hungry or dehydrated to compete then it won’t be too exciting to watch. If you’re into that aspect then Naked and Afraid is the go to show.

I wonder if Jeff is sensing more and more people are seeing the 'survivor' aspect of it as a bit more of a joke these days. He really wanted to emphasize the contestant weight loss this past reunion show. And it's true, they do eat less--than in real life.

But that's about it.
post #133 of 138 Old 12-24-2018, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKlim View Post
I wonder if Jeff is sensing more and more people are seeing the 'survivor' aspect of it as a bit more of a joke these days. He really wanted to emphasize the contestant weight loss this past reunion show. And it's true, they do eat less--than in real life.

But that's about it.
He’s probably heard complaints that these guys are being pampered with the rice and water supplied and so many food rewards. But going from three squares to a handful of rice a day is not a joke. I think the show has gone on long enough that potential players realize this aspect. There are those who underestimate the harsh conditions. They might not be so desperate that they resort to digging grubs out of the ground for a few calories, but it is extreme.

It’s funny. The only person who didn’t seem to lose weight was Angelina.
MikeKlim likes this.
post #134 of 138 Old 12-24-2018, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
If you’re into that aspect then Naked and Afraid is the go to show.
Now there's an idea :: "Survivor :: Naked and Afraid" .. they could have taken a tip from Richard Hatch ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #135 of 138 Old 12-24-2018, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It’s funny. The only person who didn’t seem to lose weight was Angelina.
She had those "Bags" well packed ..

Uncle Willie

post #136 of 138 Old 12-24-2018, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Now there's an idea :: "Survivor :: Naked and Afraid" .. they could have taken a tip from Richard Hatch ..
In Hatch’s case, he was Naked and everyone else was Afraid (or grossed out)!
post #137 of 138 Old 12-24-2018, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
In Hatch’s case, he was Naked and everyone else was Afraid (or grossed out)!
True that ..

Uncle Willie

post #138 of 138 Old 01-10-2019, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hd...l#post57413276

Uncle Willie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page