Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-30-2018, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1867 Post(s)
Liked: 2198
The Good Cop on Netflix

The series sees Danza play a not-good-cop former NYPD officer who lives with his son, the very straight-laced Josh Groban. The two become unofficial partners as Tony Sr. (Danza) offers his overly-cautious son blunt, street-wise advice. In the trailer, we find out that Danza’s Tony Sr. is out of prison after seven years (definitely not the “good” cop). Despite this, he remains a favorite of all his former police buddies, much to chagrin of Tony Jr. (Groban), who is more annoyed than grateful of his father’s “helpful” advice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-15-2018, 03:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
*bump*

Anyone watching this...?

We're 6 eps in (wish there were more) and I'm enjoying it "OK." It really does have a Monk-like atmosphere, especially with the score! Cast seems to work well, with good chemistry, etc. I would like to see "more" happening with the backstory and quirkiness, but oh well.

The Dolby Vision is mostly subtle and looks natural. But it seems to be very dim throughout! And my LG OLED seems to have dimmed itself on a few occasions during the dim scenes (?!?), and then brightens up in the next one after a brief delay. Haven't seen anything like that on other DV material... *shrug*
post #3 of 5 Old 10-15-2018, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR View Post
*bump*

Anyone watching this...?

We're 6 eps in (wish there were more) and I'm enjoying it "OK." It really does have a Monk-like atmosphere, especially with the score! Cast seems to work well, with good chemistry, etc. I would like to see "more" happening with the backstory and quirkiness, but oh well.

The Dolby Vision is mostly subtle and looks natural. But it seems to be very dim throughout! And my LG OLED seems to have dimmed itself on a few occasions during the dim scenes (?!?), and then brightens up in the next one after a brief delay. Haven't seen anything like that on other DV material... *shrug*
It is on my list to watch, gotta find enough time to do it though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-19-2018, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Enjoying this. Shakespeare it ain't, but entertaining all the same.

Indirectly Outta Compton
post #5 of 5 Old 11-14-2018, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

‘The Good Cop’ Canceled by Netflix After One Season
By Reid Nakamura, TheWrap.com - Nov. 13, 2018

Netflix has canceled the Josh Groban-Tony Danza comedy “The Good Cop,” the streamer said Tuesday.

The law enforcement dramedy from “Monk” creator Andy Breckman debuted its 10-episode season last month. Monica Barbaro, Isiah Whitlock, Jr and Bill Kottkamp also starred.

“The Good Cop will not return for a second season,” Netflix said in a statement. “We’re grateful to creator Andy Breckman and his fellow producers, writers, the incredible crew and especially stars Tony Danza and Josh Groban for bringing this classic odd couple father-son story to Netflix.”

https://www.thewrap.com/good-cop-can...ix-one-season/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page