Originally Posted by WilliamR
Surprised this show doesn't have more traction. Thought it was excellent and very well acted. Zachary is awesome in the lead. Really enjoyed this, looking forward to season 2.
While I enjoyed the show, it did have a few issues:
1) The main premise is that CHarlie Manx is kidnapping children and often killing their parents. The problem? I don't care. Few of the kids had any sort of fleshing out to make me like them, only to have them become blood thirsty vampires. Vic's friend is the only one I cared about, and even she turned evil.
2) If your life depends on you car running, perhaps you should tie yourself to a Volvo, rather than something as unreliable as a Rolls Royce - especially a rare one with hard to find parts.
3) Pretty much everyone at some point did the old "I have to do this myself " thing when going after the bad guys and it ended somewhat badly for all of them - especially for Vic's "boyfriend" who she claimed to love, despite hanging out with the rich guy who mysteriously disappeared when the plot didn't need him.
4) Literally everyone tells Manx that trying to convert Vic over to his side is a bad idea - even the random guy at the night club. He holds fast right up until he's confronted by someone in a trunk about her.
5) Apparently stabbing a hole in the top of a fuel tank will cause it to leak, but you can just drive all the way back to the gas station and just put more in.
6) Apparently kids will get into any creepy car with any creepy guy and won't freak out when their teeth start popping out as long as there are candy canes.