Mr Inbetween - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #31 of 41 Old 11-09-2019, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 233
It was. This show has become my favorite show. The writers are just great. One second its funny and the next dead serious. The toilet paper skit with Freddy and his girl friend is just so different and funny. Ray taking the girls to the movies part was again funny then the next part gets quite real.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 11-09-2019, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1687 Post(s)
Liked: 1379
This episode was a hard one to watch. Cringe worthy.

These are just my opinions.
post #33 of 41 Old 11-09-2019, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1838 Post(s)
Liked: 1854
Another great episode. I'm just a bit torn between questioning why Ray's friend didn't wait for Ray before trying to rescue Maddie and thinking how balsy he was in getting her out of there and back to her mom ASAP. Ultimately, I think they just wanted Ray to extract his bloody revenge without the kid still being there, so that's why the writers handled it that way.
gibson61 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 Old 11-22-2019, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Well the season finale was quite sad with Rays brother signing off. Plus the dog and the girl. Amazing how this show goes from humor to quite touching. The 11 episodes were great compared to last years 5. Hopefully it will be back again. Has become one my favorite shows.
yobbo likes this.
post #35 of 41 Old 11-22-2019, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1139 Post(s)
Liked: 1372
The thing that bothered me was Ray's cover-up solution. It looked like beginning of a large forest fire.
Zookster likes this.
post #36 of 41 Old 11-22-2019, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1687 Post(s)
Liked: 1379
The last three episodes were rough ones, the subject matter child abduction, dog shot, euthanasia.

Well done show but they brought tears to me.

Might be to depressing for me to watch.

These are just my opinions.
post #37 of 41 Old 11-23-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
The thing that bothered me was Ray's cover-up solution. It looked like beginning of a large forest fire.
My thoughts too. Very sloppy. Aside from endangering people and property in the area (wildfires are very common in Australia), an arson investigation could easily lead back to Ray.

Overall, I very much enjoyed this season. But compared to last season's finale, the brother's passing seemed somewhat anti-climactic, like something to be dealt with in an earlier episode.

I also thought Ray seemed a bit too cold and unfeeling throughout the process. More angry about the memories his childhood home brought up than anything. I know that's his way: he has to be cut off to a certain degree from his feelings to do what he does. But I thought the point of showing his brother dying the way he did, at Ray's hands, would be to show a more emotional side of Ray.
post #38 of 41 Old 12-02-2019, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 3976
I've watched since last season, finally decided to look up the Thread ..

I love pretty much everything about the show .. including the short Episodes .. they pack so much into that timeframe, I'm just glued to the TV .. Ray is the New Anti-Hero .. he's absolutely perfect for the part .. and the Title pretty much says it all ..
TeeJay1952 and yobbo like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #39 of 41 Old 12-03-2019, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
I also thought Ray seemed a bit too cold and unfeeling throughout the process. More angry about the memories his childhood home brought up than anything. I know that's his way: he has to be cut off to a certain degree from his feelings to do what he does. But I thought the point of showing his brother dying the way he did, at Ray's hands, would be to show a more emotional side of Ray.
I have been a proponent of Assisted Suicide for many, many years .. in fact, in a worst case scenario, I would travel, if possible, to an area that allowed it .. I'd like to go out under my own terms if faced with an illness of any sort that would end up gradually debilitating me to the point of full on care .. and, I would like it to be more of a celebration of life rather than a downer ..

In the case of Ray and his brother, I would speculate that this is something they had talked about and planned for a time .. there was a very obvious love between them over any and all scenes they shared, IMO .. they said their final good-byes and that was that .. and, although it was not a tear jerk ending, I felt it was quite poignant and fitting .. they had made their peace ..

The mention during that scene of during their childhood of "I spent 2 days in the hole over that" and then Ray subsequently really dousing that small closet with gas, told the tale in as few words as humanly possible .. that's why I like the short time format .. the Writers really need to convey all they can in as short a time as possible .. no fat, no filler, IOW ..

I'll add that Ray is a practical person .. when he found the small shovel at the hardware store, he was impressed by how sharp it was .. he later went on to use the shovel against the Child Abductor Crew and then also used it to dig up the bag of money ..

"Mr InBetween", for me anyway, is a real breath of fresh air in the TV landscape ..
Zookster likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #40 of 41 Old 12-03-2019, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

In the case of Ray and his brother, I would speculate that this is something they had talked about and planned for a time .. there was a very obvious love between them over any and all scenes they shared, IMO .. they said their final good-byes and that was that .. and, although it was not a tear jerk ending, I felt it was quite poignant and fitting .. they had made their peace ..
I believe it was right after Ray's brother fell and got stuck behind the toilet that he asked Ray to help him end things when his condition got too bad. Ray definitely knew it was coming with his brother meeting their dad and when his brother asked to spend some one-on-one time with Brit. The long hug with Brit was the most poignant moment of the episode for me. But like you said, everything is done (well) with few words in this show.

Quote:
"Mr InBetween", for me anyway, is a real breath of fresh air in the TV landscape ..
There were enough standout episodes this season for it to finally get some serious awards recognition.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
post #41 of 41 Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I've been watching this show from the first episode, I try to talk everyone I can into watching it because I agree with you guys on how great and different it is. My one buddy from college has watched from the beginning with my recommendation, my other buddy I recommended it to at that time doesn't watch anything unless it has 3 seasons. I am really hoping that they renew it but haven't seen anything yet.

Budget 9.2 setup Samsung 65" Plasma, Denon AVR-X4300H, KEF KHT3005BL 7.1, KEF Q-300, BIC America Formula F-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page