The Boys- Amazon (Superhero drama) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By TitusTroy
  • 1 Post By puddy77
  • 1 Post By TitusTroy
  • 1 Post By Zookster

post #1 of 13 Old 10-05-2018, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4220 Post(s)
Liked: 3787
The Boys- Amazon (Superhero drama)

The Boys is an upcoming American superhero drama television series based on the comic book The Boys by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson...the show was developed by Eric Kripke, Evan Goldberg, and Seth Rogen...The Boys takes place in "a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame" and "revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as 'The Boys' who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty"...

The Boys is scheduled for a 2019 release...

Zookster and allargon like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-05-2018, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Hmmm...looks like Seth Rogen finally got around to watching Watchmen. Seriously though...I'm looking forward to this!

Don't fear the Reaper. Fear the Repack!
post #3 of 13 Old 10-05-2018, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked: 1484
Garth Ennis is the author of the Preacher graphic novels and worked on the TV show (with Seth Rogan). I'm in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 01-24-2019, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
post #5 of 13 Old 01-25-2019, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
this has the potential to be really good...I like the alternate takes on the superhero genre...too bad it's only coming out in the Summer...
post #6 of 13 Old 01-25-2019, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This looks like a grittier (and bigger-budget) version of the short-lived series "Powers," an exclusive on Sony platforms (Playstation and Crackle). The first season of which was quite good, in spite of the low-budget special effects. In that world, powered people lived openly as superheroes and there was a cult of fame around some of them. There were also super villains, of course, and a special law enforcement division of non-powered people charged with keeping the peace and risks to public safety minimal.

post #7 of 13 Old 04-17-2019, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

The Boys (uncensored trailer)

premieres on Amazon Prime Video, July 26th...

post #8 of 13 Old 06-17-2019, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
post #9 of 13 Old 06-17-2019, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

this looks like it could be really good...a hard R rated superhero show where the 'heroes' are actually the bad guys...
post #10 of 13 Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

‘The Boys’ Lands Early Season 2 Renewal at Amazon

Amazon has renewed 'The Boys' for a second season ahead of the show’s series premiere next week...Season 1 of “The Boys” will debut on July 26th...it is based on the New York Times best-selling comic of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson...on the show, superheroes are as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians, and as revered as Gods...but they also abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good...enter the titular Boys, who set out to expose these heroes— and the multi-billion dollar conglomerate that backs them— for who they really are

the first season stars Jack Quaid, Elisabeth Shue, Karl Urban, Laz Alonso, Tomer Capon, Karen Fukuhara, Antony Starr, Erin Moriarty, Dominique McElligott, Jessie T. Usher, Chace Crawford and Nathan Mitchell. Simon Pegg guest stars...

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the...on-1203273839/
post #11 of 13 Old Today, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

‘The Boys’ Review: Amazon’s Razor-Sharp Superhero Satire Is ‘Watchmen’ for a New Age

where the writing staff really excels is in the world-building...they’ve kept large chunks of the comic book story intact while also stripping away a bit of the X-Treme Edginess and setting it firmly in a setting that’s both comic-book elevated and so perfectly 2019...and with that comes a really dark, unique relatability to the material that’s completely different than any on-screen comic book series out there...the cast is pretty electric across the board—especially Karl Urban and Elisabeth Shue

Like Alan Moore‘s Watchmen in the late-80s, The Boys TV series has the chance to be the superhero deconstruction of our time...

http://collider.com/the-boys-review-...he-boys-images
Zookster likes this.
post #12 of 13 Old Today, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
‘The Boys’ Review: Amazon’s Razor-Sharp Superhero Satire Is ‘Watchmen’ for a New Age

where the writing staff really excels is in the world-building...they’ve kept large chunks of the comic book story intact while also stripping away a bit of the X-Treme Edginess and setting it firmly in a setting that’s both comic-book elevated and so perfectly 2019...and with that comes a really dark, unique relatability to the material that’s completely different than any on-screen comic book series out there...the cast is pretty electric across the board—especially Karl Urban and Elisabeth Shue

Like Alan Moore‘s Watchmen in the late-80s, The Boys TV series has the chance to be the superhero deconstruction of our time...

http://collider.com/the-boys-review-...he-boys-images
Looks promising indeed. The Boys will be one of those few Amazon originals I make a point of watching soon after release, before it drops down my growing watchlist/archive/purgatory of shows I'll probably never get around to (aka Bosch, Hanna, The Widow, etc.).
TitusTroy likes this.
post #13 of 13 Old Today, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Looks promising indeed. The Boys will be one of those few Amazon originals I make a point of watching soon after release, before it drops down my growing watchlist/archive/purgatory of shows I'll probably never get around to (aka Bosch, Hanna, The Widow, etc.).
if I'm only 1 season behind (or 2 max) I still find it easy to binge watch an older series...I also still haven't watched Hanna but I plan on doing it soon...it's only 8 episodes so it should be a quick binge...something like Man in the High Castle is tougher because I've never seen any of the previous seasons and I really want to watch it before the final season hits but it's a longer time commitment with 3 seasons to watch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page