2018-2019 NBA Season thread - Page 35 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 288Likes

post #1021 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3989 Post(s)
Liked: 3533
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Yeah, I think 28-1 speaks for itself. That's not to deny the greatness of Durant. But whether the Warriors needed him as badly as they thought they did after that finals loss to the LeBrons is debatable. They could have added a longer, more talented wing to replace Harrison Barnes and maybe ended up in the same place. We'll never know.

But it's also why I'm not worried about KD leaving the Dubs this summer.
they never needed him after losing in the Finals...no one within or outside the organization believed that...he was just another nuclear option which made them borderline unstoppable...same with Boogie Cousins...Curry looks more free to be himself when Durant is out...he's back to being MVP Steph...as long as they keep the core of Steph/Klay/Draymond/Iggy together then they'll be contenders...

I'm looking forward to Giannis vs Kawhi in the ECF...2 of the best players in the world
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2503 Post(s)
Liked: 2763
Raps ran out of steam, they still win in 7.

Listening with Focal Elex headphones, Topping DSD Dac, SENCUN-audio tube preamp with tone control and Little Dot hybrid tube amp with GE tubes.

Watching in a room ensconced in velvet.
post #1023 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
that was a great game...Giannis and Kawhi were great but the role players like Brook Lopez (Bucks) and Kyle Lowry (Raptors) also stepped up...should be a great series...whoever wins should give the Warriors somewhat of a challenge...
cardoski likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1024 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
they never needed him after losing in the Finals...no one within or outside the organization believed that...he was just another nuclear option which made them borderline unstoppable...same with Boogie Cousins...Curry looks more free to be himself when Durant is out...he's back to being MVP Steph...as long as they keep the core of Steph/Klay/Draymond/Iggy together then they'll be contenders...
Better (or not) with or without KD? The Dubs seem to have more fun when he is not in the lineup.
Bottom line: It's important to enjoy your work. That joie de vivre is what is contagious about these Warriors.
Just saying...
post #1025 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Better (or not) with or without KD? The Dubs seem to have more fun when he is not in the lineup.
Bottom line: It's important to enjoy your work. That joie de vivre is what is contagious about these Warriors.
Just saying...
they defer to Durant too much...Steph still has some offensive explosions but he doesn't seem like the same unanimous MVP from a few years back...he's taken a back seat to KD...secretly I think Steph and Klay would prefer if he went to the Knicks
post #1026 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
they defer to Durant too much...Steph still has some offensive explosions but he doesn't seem like the same unanimous MVP from a few years back...he's taken a back seat to KD...secretly I think Steph and Klay would prefer if he went to the Knicks
Not sure about Steph and Klay, but I'm pretty sure that Draymond would like to see him somewhere (not LA) else...
post #1027 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Bucks in 5.
post #1028 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4394 Post(s)
Liked: 5727
Quote:
Not sure about Steph and Klay, but I'm pretty sure that Draymond would like to see him somewhere (not LA) else...

I said that earlier, but Archi, after a long and lazy brunch with Dray (he calls him Dray), assured me that that wasn't the case.
post #1029 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1155 Post(s)
Liked: 1341
Quote:

I'm troubled by their lack of offensive firepower beyond Leonard and Lowery. And Lowery can be up and down scoring-wise, so that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence either. And everybody else on their roster is too inconsistent.

Leonard will have to play like a man possessed by both Jesus and Lucifer to get them past the Bucks in seven.

Quote:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ~ Richard P. Feynman
post #1030 of 1079 Old 05-15-2019, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

that was a great game...Giannis and Kawhi were great but the role players like Brook Lopez (Bucks) and Kyle Lowry (Raptors) also stepped up...should be a great series...whoever wins should give the Warriors somewhat of a challenge...
Kyle Lowry is the Raptors second-best player. So if he is a role player as you stated, I'm right. They're doomed.

Quote:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ~ Richard P. Feynman
post #1031 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
Kyle Lowry is the Raptors second-best player. So if he is a role player as you stated, I'm right. They're doomed.
as you said in your previous post, Lowry is too inconsistent...except for Kawhi and Danny Green, the whole Raptors team looks scared to shoot in close games...I don't think we can write the Raptors off after 1 game...they were leading for most of the game until the Bucks made a late charge...so it was a good showing on the road against a rested Bucks team...I'm not sure I would count on Brook Lopez scoring 29 points every game...I think this is going to be a long series...
post #1032 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5763 Post(s)
Liked: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I said that earlier, but Archi, after a long and lazy brunch with Dray (he calls him Dray), assured me that that wasn't the case.
We so tight I just call him "D". Like Steph calls Durant "K". It's how we roll.

Remember that it was "D" that called "K" from the locker room right after Kyrie hit that 20 footer to beat the Warriors in Game 7 three years ago. He and the rest of the Dubs felt they were going to need a bit more firepower to get past Kyrie & the LeBrons the next season and re-claim the title.

They all felt that way. That's why they sent the Big Four + Kerr to the Hamptons to recruit Durant. I'm sure they still feel they're a better team with him than without him*. Even my boy D. They ain't tight, but you don't have to love your co-workers, as we all know.

But none of that matters in the long run. This is Durant's western conference swan song. K follows his heart, and he's not leaving his heart in San Francisco. He's taking it, and his talents, to the Big Apple. In July. Book it, Danno.

*Maybe that should be, they feel they have a better chance to win it all with him than without him. They may well feel they're a better, more cohesive team without him. But that may not necessarily get them another title. We'll find that out next year.
humbland likes this.
post #1033 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
as you said in your previous post, Lowry is too inconsistent...except for Kawhi and Danny Green, the whole Raptors team looks scared to shoot in close games...I don't think we can write the Raptors off after 1 game...they were leading for most of the game until the Bucks made a late charge...so it was a good showing on the road against a rested Bucks team...I'm not sure I would count on Brook Lopez scoring 29 points every game...I think this is going to be a long series...
RE: "except for Kawhi and Danny Green, the whole Raptors team looks scared to shoot in close games"

I get that distinct impression too, at least since I've been watching this team in the playoffs.

Leonard is obviously winded, playing long minutes, yet most of his teammates keep trying to get the ball to him on nearly every possession.
TitusTroy likes this.
post #1034 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 2413 Post(s)
Liked: 2181
Tonight, Warriors try to get win number two in the series. Hopefully, they won't put too much stock in the score differential of game one and let down. Portland was obviously tired. This game will not be so easy!
CruelInventions likes this.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #1035 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
I'm troubled by their lack of offensive firepower beyond Leonard and Lowery. And Lowery can be up and down scoring-wise, so that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence either. And everybody else on their roster is too inconsistent.

Leonard will have to play like a man possessed by both Jesus and Lucifer to get them past the Bucks in seven.
They just came off an epic game 7 so I am not to surprised, but ya, they need more scoring.

Listening with Focal Elex headphones, Topping DSD Dac, SENCUN-audio tube preamp with tone control and Little Dot hybrid tube amp with GE tubes.

post #1036 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #1037 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1396 Post(s)
Liked: 1573
Dagger.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #1038 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 312
what a great game. I thought it was going to be another yawner after the 1st qtr. But the intensity really picked up in the 3rd.
post #1039 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Warriors look unbeatable, hard to imagine them not winning the title.
archiguy likes this.

post #1040 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 08:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

TitusTroy likes this.

post #1041 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Portland had this one...just give the trophy to Golden State already...KD is out for games 3 & 4 so the Blazers have a tiny bit of hope going back home...Lillard needs to be aggressive and go for 40+
cardoski likes this.
post #1042 of 1079 Old 05-16-2019, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5763 Post(s)
Liked: 6321
Wow, what a game. Really thought GS was going to suffer that 2nd game malaise that sometimes happens if the 1st game is too easy. But they turned up the defensive pressure in the third, made that big run, and then cranked it up another notch down the stretch. The last 4 and half minutes the Blazers shot 11%; the Dubs 63%. That's how you win playoff games.

Steph's line: 37 - 8 - 8. Not bad, especially considering they kept the double team on him instead of dropping back a big this time. Cost them some back-door layups though, including two huge ones down the stretch. Seth had a pretty good game too, had a couple good steals and hit a few threes, and was on the floor at crunch time.
humbland likes this.
post #1043 of 1079 Old 05-17-2019, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

"The Beautiful Game"
Steph Happens...
Jordan BellWhere have you been?
KD who?

Speaking of KD, he is still not out on the bench in street clothes. However, he was in the locker room.
This is sort of not the "norm".
Thoughts?

Last edited by humbland; 05-17-2019 at 07:06 AM.
post #1044 of 1079 Old 05-17-2019, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
"The Beautiful Game"
Speaking of KD, he is still not out on the bench in street clothes. However, he was in the locker room.
This is sort of not the "norm".
Thoughts?
Doesn't want to answer stupid questions like "Hey KD, how do you feel about the team not needing you?". I'm pretty sure it's that simple.
Garrett Adams, humbland and Tack like this.
post #1045 of 1079 Old 05-17-2019, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 4394 Post(s)
Liked: 5727
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil View Post
Doesn't want to answer stupid questions like "Hey KD, how do you feel about the team not needing you?". I'm pretty sure it's that simple.
The team probably doesn't want any of that either. Probably for the best.
humbland likes this.
post #1046 of 1079 Old 05-17-2019, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Yeah Brook might not get 29 every game but do you really think Giannis will only get 22 or that Middleton will stuck on 11? Brogdon and Brook were the only Bucks players to have above average point production in the first game, that's the beauty of this Bucks team, lots of depth scoring to go along with the MVP.
John dhein and TitusTroy like this.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony HT-NT5 sound bar with SR-5 rear speakers
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/'Sony PS-4
post #1047 of 1079 Old 05-17-2019, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Oh boy....are the Raps getting swept?

post #1048 of 1079 Old 05-17-2019, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Disappointing. Was hoping for 7 games on the right coast!

post #1049 of 1079 Old 05-17-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1396 Post(s)
Liked: 1573
Quote:
We almost always hear this stuff. Both teams held home court. That's all that happened.
TitusTroy likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #1050 of 1079 Old 05-17-2019, 08:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
We almost always hear this stuff. Both teams held home court. That's all that happened.
#Bucks in 5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page