2019 Formula 1 Racing in HD - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1821Likes

post #901 of 2372 Old 04-27-2019, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3810 Post(s)
Liked: 2198
Torpedo will be fine. Although both him and his team mate clipped the wall.

I wasn't surprised that Kubica screwed up and nailed the wall, but Leclerc was a surprise. Charles still made it to Q3, so he has a chance for a good finish.

Bearded Bottas is a man on a mission. It will be interesting to see if he can finish the weekend. Maybe Torpedo will make it easy on him and take out Max and Ham in the first corner.
catonic likes this.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 2372 Old 04-27-2019, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

I wasn't surprised that Kubica screwed up and nailed the wall, but Leclerc was a surprise. Charles still made it to Q3, so he has a chance for a good finish.

Bearded Bottas is a man on a mission. It will be interesting to see if he can finish the weekend. Maybe Torpedo will make it easy on him and take out Max and Ham in the first corner.
Anticipation builds.

karlsch and catonic like this.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
post #903 of 2372 Old 04-27-2019, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4959 Post(s)
Liked: 6721
Hamilton, on Friday...

“FP2 went really well, I was feeling good out there and I was more comfortable in the car than I was last year.

However, the Ferraris are clearly very quick and it looks like they’re quite a bit ahead of us, so we’ll need to investigate to see where we are losing time compared to them.

It’s unlikely that we will find seven tenths over night, but we’ll do everything we can to push the car in the right direction."

Spoiler!
BGLeduc, gprace, catonic and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 2372 Old 04-27-2019, 03:59 PM

While it is Toto being Toto, Mercedes did get lucky. The two crashes extended qualifying and brought cooler temps. Also, they played some games with the tow by being last in line. RB could have tried the same thing with TR.

post #905 of 2372 Old 04-27-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
While it is Toto being Toto, Mercedes did get lucky. The two crashes extended qualifying and brought cooler temps. Also, they played some games with the tow by being last in line. RB could have tried the same thing with TR.

Ferrari - 'Do you want to go alone or prefer to wait'

Vettel - 'Prefer to wait. Need the tow.'

Toto - Hey you know what? We should really do a practice start.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/27/...in-qualifying/
BGLeduc likes this.
post #906 of 2372 Old 04-27-2019, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Luckily I was watching the quali live or I would have missed the end. Hamilton should have had it but they put him out too close to Bottas. He got a tow but so did most of the others.

I'm guessing there's going to be more than one safety car in the race, as that track is not very forgiving (to say the least). Max has a chance to win I think.
post #907 of 2372 Old 04-27-2019, 07:35 PM

LOL, didn't Grosjean hit the wall during the safety car and screw up Bottas's race? I say there will be three safety cars in the race. Kubica will be responsible for one.

post #908 of 2372 Old 04-27-2019, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
Luckily I was watching the quali live or I would have missed the end. Hamilton should have had it but they put him out too close to Bottas. He got a tow but so did most of the others.

I'm guessing there's going to be more than one safety car in the race, as that track is not very forgiving (to say the least). Max has a chance to win I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Man I hung an extra hour onto my quali recording and still missed it. Glad I re-upped TVPRO. Bottas FU's everyone again.

If you have a cable subscription, no need for F1TV. The ESPN app has replays for free, and way more flexible watching options than F1TV, AppleTV, Chromecast, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
post #909 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 05:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 5506 Post(s)
Liked: 7971
Quote:

It was his birthday on Friday - listen to what they call him when they all sing happy birthday
https://twitter.com/ToroRosso/status...40232104648704

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #910 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 11:06 AM

.................................................. .................................................. ............................

Exclusive unpublished interview from celebrated pit reporter Nigel Shiftright!

.................................................. .................................................. ............................

N. Shiftright: You’ve got to be the happiest man here today, Valtteri; what a sensational last lap to grab pole position. An interrupted session, you kept your composure, and I guess you stole that pole position from Ferrari, because they have been ever so strong

Bottas: F*** them.

N. Shiftright: You’re the calmest person I’ve seen. Back in control of this championship as well. You’ve had a very good start to the year. It’s all about keeping the momentum up. There’s no better guy than Lewis putting the pressure on.

Bottas: F*** Lewis

N. Shiftright: And Valtteri, your thoughts when you got traffic towards the end of the race.

Bottas: F*** traffic.

N. Shiftright: Valtteri, Championship leader, heading back for the European season – just how much confidence do you take from this start to the season?

Bottas: F*** YOU.
BGLeduc, gprace, catonic and 1 others like this.
post #911 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 964
Quote:
Man I hung an extra hour onto my quali recording and still missed it. Glad I re-upped TVPRO. Bottas FU's everyone again.
Anytime I record an auto racing event or a baseball game I always add 3 hours, you just never know!!!
ncsercs likes this.

never take life seriously
post #912 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Anytime I record an auto racing event or a baseball game I always add 3 hours, you just never know!!!
I always do for the race itself. Shows how old we are I guess, I have a natural "can't waste the space" thing when it comes to recording. Like it matters anymore, theres tons of it on my DVR.
post #913 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 03:27 PM

I really thought Ham was going to pull this out. I am glad Bottas put his foot down. He is now leading the championship based off of the lone fastest lap point.

I thought Leclerc did a good job in the early going, but I couldn't understand why his pace fell off with the softs. They should move to a mandatory two stop, if they are going to require two separate compounds.

Torpedo was involved in a wreck, but he wasn't the cause.

Gasly actually looked good. Maybe he is coming around.

post #914 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I really thought Ham was going to pull this out. I am glad Bottas put his foot down. He is now leading the championship based off of the lone fastest lap point.

I thought Leclerc did a good job in the early going, but I couldn't understand why his pace fell off with the softs. They should move to a mandatory two stop, if they are going to require two separate compounds.

Torpedo was involved in a wreck, but he wasn't the cause.

Gasly actually looked good. Maybe he is coming around.
Maybe Kyvat now relinquishes the "Torpedo" title to Danny. Poor Danny, the whole season's been an Excedrin Moment.

Quote:
TV replays showing Ricciardo holding his head in his hands as Renault wheeled his car back into the garage.
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/26...ish-grand-prix
Tack and mrtickleuk like this.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

post #915 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panson View Post
Maybe Kyvat now relinquishes the "Torpedo" title to Danny. Poor Danny, the whole season's been an Excedrin Moment.
Yeah. He was very sanguine about it. I'd forgotten that they used to be team-mates.

Quote:
Kvyat said: "These things happen, it is racing, That's all I can say. I was a bit disappointed in the moment, but now what can I do about it? There was potential for a point or two which I would have taken and the team deserved because yesterday in qualifying our car was great.

"We move on to the next one. We have a strong package so I am sure [our] time will come."
New Kyvat continues to display maturity.

Not sure how much of Sky's post-race coverage survived in what you guys saw, but Ham was interviewed and although he complemented Bottas on another "great job for the team", there was one choice comment which raised eyebrows that they highlighted afterwards.

Ham said "I was a bit too friendly with him at the start", referring to them giving each other racing space and not hitting each other. Seems that he'll start chopping from now on?
Tack and Panson like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 04-28-2019 at 05:16 PM.
post #916 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Yeah. He was very sanguine about it. I'd forgotten that they used to be team-mates.

New Kyvat continues to display maturity.

Not sure how much of Sky's post-race coverage survived in what you guys saw, but Ham was interviewed and although he complemented Bottas on another "great job for the team", there was one choice comment which raised eyebrows that they highlighted afterwards.

Ham said "I was a bit too friendly with him at the start", referring to them giving each other racing space and not hitting each other. Seems that he'll start chopping from now on?

Our coverage stops when SKY goes to their first break. I'm just glad they don't go to break right after the ceremonies, which they could. We didn't get HAM's interview but we got a few of the others.

I'd be all for "Ant" replacing DiResta when Brundle is off racing. DiResta's Lewis bias is a little much. STILL going on about the Ferarri being the best car. Plus, and I'm going to be a little mean here, Paul has a face for radio.

I dunno how friendly that was, BOT was a couple inches from the barrier. Hopefully he doesn't mean Schumacher on Ruebens "unfriendly".
Panson likes this.
post #917 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

Well it is clear Ferrari and Red Bull are not going to be threats for the WCC or WDC this season, so Lewis' only competition will be Valtteri and Valtteri is fighting for his drive at least at Mercedes if not in F1.
catonic likes this.
post #918 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:

lol

I'll buy Ricciardo a rear view mirror for Spain
Panson likes this.
post #919 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Our coverage stops when SKY goes to their first break. I'm just glad they don't go to break right after the ceremonies, which they could. We didn't get HAM's interview but we got a few of the others.

I'd be all for "Ant" replacing DiResta when Brundle is off racing. DiResta's Lewis bias is a little much. STILL going on about the Ferarri being the best car. Plus, and I'm going to be a little mean here, Paul has a face for radio.
Well you don't normally see much of the commentators in-vision anyway, so yeah that's a bit mean to poor DiRestaurant . Anthony Davidson is always teased for his short height, but it's all good-natured banter. Before the race, he and Karun Chandhok were on the roof of one of the huge high-rise hotels. Ant said "Ah, so this is what it's like to look down on people!" LOL

Quote:
I dunno how friendly that was, BOT was a couple inches from the barrier. Hopefully he doesn't mean Schumacher on Ruebens "unfriendly".
I fear that's exactly what he meant Remember the big battle in Bahrain he had with Rosberg a few years ago. There were a couple of brutal chops he did which Rosberg has said were definitely "not ok", running him completely off the track etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
Well it is clear Ferrari and Red Bull are not going to be threats for the WCC or WDC this season, so Lewis' only competition will be Valtteri and Valtteri is fighting for his drive at least at Mercedes if not in F1.
Oh, there was another choice comment I've just remembered. Toto was talking about letting them race hard at the end of the race. He said that they were perfectly fair with each other, and he hoped they wouldn't crash into each other etc. Then said "and I hope it continues for the rest of the season". Not "for ever" or anything open-ended about for however long they are team-mates. Just THIS season. Something about the way he said it led me to think that this will be Bottas' last season with Merc, no matter what happens. Of course I could easily be reading too much into it.

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 04-28-2019 at 05:59 PM.
post #920 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Well you don't normally see much of the commentators in-vision anyway, so yeah that's a bit mean to poor DiRestaurant . Anthony Davidson is always teased for his short height, but it's all good-natured banter. Before the race, he and Karun Chandhok were on the roof of one of the huge high-rise hotels. Ant said "Ah, so this is what it's like to look down on people!" LOL

I fear that's exactly what he meant Remember the big battle in Bahrain he had with Rosberg a few years ago. There were a couple of brutal chops he did which Rosberg has said were definitely "not ok", running him completely off the track etc.

Oh, there was another choice comment I've just remembered. Toto was talking about letting them race hard at the end of the race. He said that they were perfectly fair with each other, and he hoped they wouldn't crash into each other etc. Then said "and I hope it continues for the rest of the season". Not "for ever" or anything open-ended about for however long they are team-mates. Just THIS season. Something about the way he said it led me to think that this will be Bottas' last season with Merc, no matter what happens. Of course I could easily be reading too much into it.

Another thing with Toto is that he acts completely different when Lewis wins vs Valtteri winning. He wasn't exactly overjoyed today. It's not a one off thing either. Is the Fast Finn's resurgence a wrench in the works for Ocon blueprints?

Also it wasn't just Bahrain with Rosberg. USA was pretty blatant but nothing much was said.
BGLeduc, catonic and mrtickleuk like this.
post #921 of 2372 Old 04-28-2019, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:

I read an interview where he said that they determined that there was no way he could improve his postition, so they decided to take it easy to make sure he made it to the end.
mrtickleuk and Panson like this.

Karl S.
post #922 of 2372 Old 04-29-2019, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
I read an interview where he said that they determined that there was no way he could improve his postition, so they decided to take it easy to make sure he made it to the end.
Worst track in F1. Even Max was leaving it alone.

Danny, mixed results in three Bakus. Penthouse, once. Outhouse, twice.

post #923 of 2372 Old 04-29-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
Worst track in F1. Even Max was leaving it alone.

Danny, mixed results in three Bakus. Penthouse, once. Outhouse, twice.
Hmm, its in my top 10 to be sure. Love that drivers are punished for mistakes, its easy to pass, that last fast corner is cool, and I like the castle downtown area. Only thing that sucks in sector 1 with its 90 degree turns. Boring ass race though, but 2017 and 2018 were great.
adpayne likes this.
post #924 of 2372 Old 04-29-2019, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 11771
To me it appears that the first 5 positions are becoming a parade (Mercedes, Ferrari Red Bull in that order).
Paying more attention to the rest of the field.

LG Oled65E6P, Arcam AVR400, OPPO UDP-203, ATV4, Samsung DVR, Rega P3 turntable, Bellari VP130 Phono Pre Amp, Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Fronts, Vienna Acoustic Maestro Center, Vienna Acoustic Bach Rears, Rel T7i Sub, Bluesound Vault 2
post #925 of 2372 Old 04-29-2019, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
Hmm, its in my top 10 to be sure. Love that drivers are punished for mistakes, its easy to pass, that last fast corner is cool, and I like the castle downtown area. Only thing that sucks in sector 1 with its 90 degree turns. Boring ass race though, but 2017 and 2018 were great.
And I love Monte Carlo, for the scenery.
gprace likes this.

post #926 of 2372 Old 04-29-2019, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The tight midfield battle is great, for sure. I know they keep saying that the midfield hasn't been this tight for years, but it's true! Q2 is a real slog!

post #927 of 2372 Old 05-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Today is the 25th Anniversary of one of the darker days in modern racing, the day Ayrton Senna was killed at Imola. Roland Ratzenberger was also killed in practice. I'm amazed at how quickly these years have gone by.

I remember just about every one of these as if they happened yesterday:

Karl S.
post #928 of 2372 Old 05-01-2019, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't think pressing "like" is right, so I will just say I agree and thankyou for posting it.

post #929 of 2372 Old 05-02-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

A blast from the past opines.

Quote:
Leclerc "having a negative effect" on Ferrari - Villeneuve
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...neuve/4379809/

post #930 of 2372 Old 05-02-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
A blast from the past opines.

Opines A.K.A. never shuts up.
mrtickleuk and Panson like this.