2019 Formula 1 Racing in HD - Page 46 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1590Likes

post #1351 of 2103 Old 06-25-2019, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2652 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
Looks like a great opportunity.

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...mp-motorsport/

And it looks like Raghunathan is cut from the same cloth as Ferrucci.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2103 Old 06-25-2019, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
KW: For as long as I've been travelling with F1, fans have found reason to complain. It started with Red Bull winning everything, now Mercedes are winning everything, and in the middle we've had DRS, Pirelli rubber, and the hybrid power units all blamed for ruining F1 forever. F1 will always be dull occasionally, and F1 fans will always find something to moan about. Fact.

Ugh, there are still people holding unto that attitude. Dull occasionally would be perfectly fine, every single sport under the sun (or a roof) is. Its now become very rare for F1 to NOT be dull.
Every time I watch an F1 race now, I immediately find something else to do after the first couple of laps and just leave it on as background noise. That's a terrible way to run for the true racing fans.

I've seriously thought about ditching it altogether until the competitiveness changes, or just selectively watching favorite tracks like Spa as mentioned above. And that's sad.
post #1353 of 2103 Old 06-25-2019, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3593 Post(s)
Liked: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Looks like a great opportunity.

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...mp-motorsport/

And it looks like Raghunathan is cut from the same cloth as Ferrucci.
A good opportunity for Oward. It may give him some exposure to raise some funds to continue in Indycar.

While I was rough on Ferrucci, I have softened a bit. He said on the pre-race that Maini and him were friends before the incident. He also said he was highly stressed and didn't deal with it well. That is obvious. Probably a result of helicopter parents pushing their kids to quickly. Lance Stroll I am looking at you.

On another note, the Road America race had an excellent rating. Maybe NBCs promoting has helped.
mrtickleuk likes this.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1354 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3248 Post(s)
Liked: 2552
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
KW: For as long as I've been travelling with F1, fans have found reason to complain. It started with Red Bull winning everything, now Mercedes are winning everything, and in the middle we've had DRS, Pirelli rubber, and the hybrid power units all blamed for ruining F1 forever. F1 will always be dull occasionally, and F1 fans will always find something to moan about. Fact.

Ugh, there are still people holding unto that attitude. Dull occasionally would be perfectly fine, every single sport under the sun (or a roof) is. Its now become very rare for F1 to NOT be dull.
Red Bull didn't always win everything. Alonso in the Ferrari always provided some competition. In fact, if it wasn't for some bad luck, Alonso would've won the WDC 2 years that Vettel won it.
The reign of Mercedes is just stupid. And it all started with the hybrid.
gwsat likes this.
post #1355 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Red Bull didn't always win everything. Alonso in the Ferrari always provided some competition. In fact, if it wasn't for some bad luck, Alonso would've won the WDC 2 years that Vettel won it.
The reign of Mercedes is just stupid. And it all started with the hybrid.
Correct.

Webber was leading the championship late in the year 2010 with Ham and others not far behind. Vettel and Alonso went on a tear with Vettel pulling it out.

Vettel was fourth after Monza in 2012. He then won four in row and held on to win the championship.

It should also be noted that only three teams have won a race in the hybrid era. I don't think it is the fault of the hybrids, but the inequity of money distribution.
gwsat likes this.

post #1356 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
Correct.

Webber was leading the championship late in the year 2010 with Ham and others not far behind. Vettel and Alonso went on a tear with Vettel pulling it out.

Vettel was fourth after Monza in 2012. He then won four in row and held on to win the championship.

It should also be noted that only three teams have won a race in the hybrid era. I don't think it is the fault of the hybrids, but the inequity of money distribution.
That plus the fact that teams were not allowed to continue development. Merc nailed the hybrids right out of the box, and no other team was able to catch up.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #1357 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4714 Post(s)
Liked: 6297
Doesn't help that they won't pair HAM with another alpha. Throw VER on that team and I guarantee it'd be interesting. Mclaren won all but one race in '88, but the Prost vs. Senna thing made it one of the best years for me.
BGLeduc, karlsch, gwsat and 1 others like this.
post #1358 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 07:48 AM

I was looking at the ESPN power rankings. With Gasly looking to be on the way out, I wonder if RB would consider Bottas mid season. Merc could then bring in Ocon.

Another option would be Alonso to finish out the year. Not likely, but it would make things interesting.

I think RB will definitely do something at the summer break. If Gasly had averaged a 6th position, then RB would be around 35 points back of Ferrari.

post #1359 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 08:52 AM

Yeah, although Bottas 2.0 has been better, he really doesn't have anything for Lewis on Sundays. I doubt if Ocon would either. I feel kinda bad for Gasly. His "big break" left him pretty exposed. That usually kills the career.

It'll take more than speed to beat HAM in his own team. You gotta have the true FU attitude, not one you got off an overload of porridge and some facial hair. ALO, VER, VET. They're probably the only one's with a chance.
gwsat likes this.
post #1360 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Yeah, although Bottas 2.0 has been better, he really doesn't have anything for Lewis on Sundays. I doubt if Ocon would either. I feel kinda bad for Gasly. His "big break" left him pretty exposed. That usually kills the career.

It'll take more than speed to beat HAM in his own team. You gotta have the true FU attitude, not one you got off an overload of porridge and some facial hair. ALO, VER, VET. They're probably the only one's with a chance.
RIC, my dear boy...RIC, but he needs to have a proper car under him.
post #1361 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Sorry, he's too nice. HAM would serve him up for dinner.
post #1362 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry, he's too nice. HAM would serve him up for dinner.
I don't think so, but the odds of them going mano o mano in equal machinery are not good.
Tack likes this.
post #1363 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I realize you love your Aussies like that wimp Webber, but Ric would be about as good as Nico. He may win more races than Bottas, but probably would have to luck into a championship.
BGLeduc likes this.

post #1364 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Gotta dream. If somehow Alonso ended up at Mercedes I think they'd start selling tickets. I might wet myself with excitement...might.
post #1365 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
French Grand Prix USA TV viewership. Live + same day DVR:
Total: 483,000
Age 18-49: 194,000
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...6-23-2019.html
I always see "same day dvr", why is "same day" so important, or is it just to get the figures out quickly? I know for me, while i do try to watch sporting events the same day, i dvr a ton of stuff that i do NOT watch the same day.

never take life seriously
post #1366 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9090 Post(s)
Liked: 6234
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
I always see "same day dvr", why is "same day" so important, or is it just to get the figures out quickly? I know for me, while i do try to watch sporting events the same day, i dvr a ton of stuff that i do NOT watch the same day.
I'm guessing that if you DVR something that counts as "same day" no matter when you choose to watch it.

I almost never watch live sports including F1 mostly due to the commercials.

F1 has very very few of course but I prefer to watch in the evening and do things during the day that are more productive.

Geoff A. J., California
post #1367 of 2103 Old 06-26-2019, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Yes, it's so they can get out the figures right away. Later in the week they have figures for 3 day and 5 day (I can't remember for sure the days) but they are harder to find. Most people watch the same day.
yankeeman likes this.

Karl S.
post #1368 of 2103 Old 06-27-2019, 06:51 AM

As I mentioned earlier, Indycar's ratings were up dramatically this past weekend. It was on NBC and not NBCSN like last year though. Nascar was also up while F1 was down from last year.

https://racer.com/2019/06/26/tv-rati...merica-sonoma/

Speaking of F1 being down, Bernie has a way to save F1. I wouldn't have read it if it was not penned by Maurice Hamilton.
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2...rn-formula-one

I am really not sure what his "solution" would solve except expanding the grid. Notice he didn't say any of the spec teams would receive anything more than $30 million.

post #1369 of 2103 Old 06-27-2019, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
As I mentioned earlier, Indycar's ratings were up dramatically this past weekend. It was on NBC and not NBCSN like last year though. Nascar was also up while F1 was down from last year.

https://racer.com/2019/06/26/tv-rati...merica-sonoma/

Speaking of F1 being down, Bernie has a way to save F1. I wouldn't have read it if it was not penned by Maurice Hamilton.
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2...rn-formula-one

I am really not sure what his "solution" would solve except expanding the grid. Notice he didn't say any of the spec teams would receive anything more than $30 million.
I think he needs to check his meds.

Sounds like he made reference to something akin to WEC's BoP. Just imagine one of the 2nd tier teams beating a Merc or a Ferrari. That would be the end of THAT.

Or if the 2nd tier cars really have no chance of winning, what we have is a mixed grid like WEC where the slower cars, while fighting among themselves, are really just moving chicanes for the top classes.

I say Liberty should blow the whole thing up. Kill the constructors championship, and make it a top level spec series where the driver is the biggest difference, not the engineers working with a $500m budget. I am sure Merc and Ferrari can find other ways to market their cars.
post #1370 of 2103 Old 06-27-2019, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
So Euro IndyCar, in other words. That would be interesting to watch.
post #1371 of 2103 Old 06-27-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I think he needs to check his meds.

Sounds like he made reference to something akin to WEC's BoP. Just imagine one of the 2nd tier teams beating a Merc or a Ferrari. That would be the end of THAT.

Or if the 2nd tier cars really have no chance of winning, what we have is a mixed grid like WEC where the slower cars, while fighting among themselves, are really just moving chicanes for the top classes.

I say Liberty should blow the whole thing up. Kill the constructors championship, and make it a top level spec series where the driver is the biggest difference, not the engineers working with a $500m budget. I am sure Merc and Ferrari can find other ways to market their cars.
The sportscar reference is spot on. F1 is already like that. I don't think anyone cares to see it expand or continue.

The problem with your solution is jobs. Remember last year when FI went into administration. People were upset with the loss of jobs. So much so, that they were willing to do whatever it took to make sure Stroll rescued the team.

Bernie echoed what has been said that Liberty/FIA should tell the teams the rules take it or leave it. Nascar has run their series with an iron fist and it has worked. F1 could easily reduce the team budgets. Removing the reliance on aero is a start, but I don't think that will happen. Joe Saward mentioned once that people seem to like that. Why? It isn't like anyone not from MIT can understand what is going on. What would be nice is if they could police an aero number and let the teams design the cars without restrictions.

post #1372 of 2103 Old 06-27-2019, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Agag is spot on.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/48790669

And Benson sounds like an apologist for the status quo......changes that look good on the surface that really achieve nothing.
post #1373 of 2103 Old 06-27-2019, 07:38 PM

Panson likes this.
post #1374 of 2103 Old 06-27-2019, 07:40 PM

Austrian Grand Prix

All Times ET

Practice 1 - Friday, June 28, 4:55 AM - ESPN2

Practice 2 - Friday, June 28, 8:55 AM - ESPNU

Practice 3 - Saturday, June 29, 5:55 AM - ESPN2

Qualifying - Saturday, June 29, 8:55 AM - ESPN3

Pit Lane Live - Sunday, June 30, 7:30 AM - ESPN3

On The Grid - Sunday, June 30, 8:30 - ESPN2

Race - Sunday, June 30, 9:05 AM - ESPN2

Race (re-air) - Sunday, June 30, 7:00 PM - ESPNEWS

Race (re-air) - Sunday, June 30, 10:00 PM - ESPN2
yankeeman and Panson like this.
post #1375 of 2103 Old 06-27-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Austrian Grand Prix

All Times ET

Practice 1 - Friday, June 28, 4:55 AM - ESPN2

Practice 2 - Friday, June 28, 8:55 AM - ESPNU

Practice 3 - Saturday, June 29, 5:55 AM - ESPN2

Qualifying - Saturday, June 29, 8:55 AM - ESPN3

Pit Lane Live - Sunday, June 30, 7:30 AM - ESPN3

On The Grid - Sunday, June 30, 8:30 - ESPN2

Race - Sunday, June 30, 9:05 AM - ESPN2

Race (re-air) - Sunday, June 30, 7:00 PM - ESPNEWS

Race (re-air) - Sunday, June 30, 10:00 PM - ESPN2

All those times appear to be jacked according to my DVR. Quali is definitely on ESPN2, not 3 which is online only, and the listed times are way later than my DVR shows. Check your local listings, times, and DVR guide. Sorry, that was a copy paste from here.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2...-schedule-2019
post #1376 of 2103 Old 06-27-2019, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
I can only say this, if Sebastian Vettel had not made a mistake there wouldn't have been a penalty. It seems since he's been at Ferrari his "mistakes" have increased. He's not my favorite driver but was hoping he would have had better time at Ferrari.
The Ferrari needs to be driven right on the edge. Of course, the driver is likely to make a few mistakes here and there. The Mercedes is way easier to drive. And no, one dosn't deserve a penalty for making a "mistake"! Lewis get's away with anything, it's ridiculous. When anyone of those two was driving dangerous in this situation, it was Lewis. Also, his car should have been black flagged by the stewards, after Mercedes had broken the Parc Ferme rules by changing a defective item from the hydraulic system with another item, which was not identical to the one that failed.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #1377 of 2103 Old 06-28-2019, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
All those times appear to be jacked according to my DVR. Sorry, that was a copy paste from here.
Don't become a slacker on us.
post #1378 of 2103 Old 06-28-2019, 07:17 AM

post #1379 of 2103 Old 06-28-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:

Me? Never.

post #1380 of 2103 Old 06-28-2019, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It is a time honored, prestigious line of work. Not just anyone can do it, and do it well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page