AVS Forum banner

2019 Formula 1 Racing in HD

68K views 2K replies 61 participants last post by  Bond 007 
#1 · (Edited)
Dedicated to Steve Wishinsky. 1966-2016 RIP

Link to 2019 tv schedule.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/26082657/espn-f1-tv-broadcast-schedule-2019

#2 ·
Can't wait for the season to start. Already have our tickets for Canada in June.

#3 ·
I'm ready for 2019 too. Hope springs eternal!

#5 ·
I am gonna miss Fernando this coming year. Even getting frustrated watching him in a bad car was better than not having him at all.

Kimi in a Sauber though should be interesting.

Reactions: Transistorious
#12 ·
I don't really dislike the current wheels either, but don't feel to strongly about the change.

Meanwhile I'm going to give formula E another look, starting this Saturday. DVR is set.

I am contemplating attending the New York Formula E race. I tried it 2 years ago, but was not impressed at that time.

#224 ·
Yeah, that is pretty sweet looking! :)

#20 ·
Should be available for you on YouTube in HD.
Great podium ceremony - driving the cars onto the podium! Formula E isn't afraid to innovate and try things like that.
The "attack mode" wasn't the mario-kart gimmick that I feared it might be, which was good. Sooo much better without a car change. Full flat-out close racing for the whole time. Cracking stuff.

#24 ·
I have to get this out of the way first.

I woke up early (for me, BG :)) to watch both the pre-race and race on FS1. From the moment the broadcast started, I was regretting my decision. Steve Matchett tried to give an overview of the new season along with interspersing the live feed pre-race. It was pitiful.

FS1 used the live feed for the race, but cut to commercials a couple of times. I felt a little lost upon return, because the commentators didn't give an update. Of course, they have no clue that there is commercials, so I don't blame them. The live feed itself felt a little disjointed though. I was confused more than once with the information presented.

Post race was almost non existent on FS1.

After Mr. Tick said it was on youtube, I went back and watched the pre and post race. The whole broadcast was two hours compared to the one and a half hour FS1. It was a lot better. The program had a lot better flow to it. It was much more enjoyable. I didn't compare the quality of each broadcast, but youtube said it was 1080p. It looked a little bit starved to me. It would be great to see them use 4k cameras like the ones that CNET's Tim Stevens used in the video I posted a couple of weeks ago. It may not be feasible, but it would have people watching for the eye candy alone.

My recommendation is to watch the Formula E races on youtube.

#25 ·
Missing out parts of the race is insane. And insulting! Did you get the commentary with Dario Franchitti, Jack Nicholls and Bob Varsha?
Bob doesn't really contribute much, but Dario and Jack are a great team.

#29 ·
I guess i am an old fashioned fart, but i dont like any jet or rocket cars, to me the land speed record is the fastest a piston engined car has ever gone. I also disagree totally with taking an average of two runs to get the land speed record. Hell, if you do 600 one way and 580 the other way, now they say your record is 590, but in reality you DID hit 600 so that should be the record as long as its within a pre-determined wind parameter. Man, where is the great old Mickey Thomson Challenger when you need it, how i loved that car.

#39 ·
My only issue with that is that they are NOT ski-ing on top of the car!

They are standing on skis, on top of the car!

Sit me on a horse, on a trailer behind a car and then drive it really fast. There you go, so now I'm the world's fastest horse rider? No, I wouldn't be!

:D

I bet the locals on that steep hill don't ever park on the road, and laugh at visitors who do knowing what will happen :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.