AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   HDTV Programming (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-programming/)
-   -   2019 NFL Season (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-programming/3048886-2019-nfl-season.html)

lokilarry 02-07-2019 08:19 AM

2019 NFL Season
 
Now that the Superbowl is over, it looks like it is time to start the new season thread.

Waboman 02-07-2019 10:08 AM

Super Bowl LIV will be a remeeting of SB IV, Vikings vs Chiefs, except with a different outcome. Enjoy your off season, folks.

replayrob 02-07-2019 10:58 AM

^ nice try.... Pats back in it again :mad:


Of course all bets are off if TB12, BB, Gronk and SBMVP retire the day before the first game :D

RolandOG 02-07-2019 11:00 AM

I think Gronk retires but not the rest of them.

replayrob 02-07-2019 11:15 AM

^ well that's a good start :)

Tack 02-07-2019 12:51 PM

I doubt that Bill would have him back either way. He's all used up.

archiguy 02-07-2019 01:32 PM

I don't see Gronk coming back. It's not that he can't still perform at a high level. I mean, he's still a beast and he's going to still be a beast come fall. Gronk gonna' gronk. When he's healthy.

It's that the injuries have piled up and he's simply not reliable anymore. He's missed too much time in recent years and Bill can't rely on him to be able to stay on the field. I think Gronk probably realizes that. And if he does, and by the things he's said you get that impression, you know Bill does too. And you know what happens then.

chadsmith013 02-07-2019 01:40 PM

my Superbowl Prediction.

Pats vs It doesnt matter.

cardoski 02-07-2019 03:16 PM

First year in a bunch, a Pats fan did not start the thread, looks like the Pats will win again this year....


I hope Gronk leaves, opens up cap space. They can win without him, just need to get some WR talent in the building. Good thing they have 12 picks.

sikclown 02-07-2019 03:34 PM

Saints vs Refs in Miami. I'll be right one day. 😂😂😂

TitusTroy 02-07-2019 03:40 PM

we have a new fearless leader!...lokilarry!...next season will be the 100th season of the NFL...I'm looking forward to a lot of celebrations and flashbacks...I'm hearing that instead of the usual NFL champs opening up the season on Thursday night, the NFL is considering putting on a special centennial celebration game featuring the Bears vs Packers...I like the idea...do it NFL!

Aliens 02-07-2019 04:02 PM

What a night! I didn't get a ticker tape parade for winning our AVS Picks this year, but my friends took me out last night to celebrate. As you can tell by the picture, there was pussy everywhere. :p



https://i.imgur.com/lX4Hp7U.jpg

TitusTroy 02-07-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardoski (Post 57566622)
I hope Gronk leaves, opens up cap space. They can win without him, just need to get some WR talent in the building. Good thing they have 12 picks.

I like the way Hoodie used him this year...he realizes he's not the same dominant tight end/pass catcher anymore so he's using him now more as a fullback...really has helped the running game

Ericglo 02-07-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadsmith013 (Post 57566042)
my Superbowl Prediction.

Pats vs It doesnt matter.

Come on. You have a new coach and you are following the Patriot Way.:p


Quote:

Originally Posted by sikclown (Post 57566752)
Saints vs Refs in Miami. I'll be right one day. 😂😂😂

Well, they did win their first SB in Miami. Maybe it is fate.;)

Tack 02-07-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliens (Post 57566944)
What a night! I didn't get a ticker tape parade for winning our AVS Picks this year, but my friends took me out last night to celebrate. As you can tell by the picture, there was pussy everywhere. :p




Congrats, good job. I missed it by one a couple years ago with sentimental Browns picks. Don't wear yourself out with your fanclub there. ;)

TitusTroy 02-07-2019 05:02 PM

good to see the Super Bowl back in a real outdoor stadium in 2020...and 2021 should be epic in that gorgeous new stadium in LA...

archiguy 02-07-2019 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliens (Post 57566944)
What a night! I didn't get a ticker tape parade for winning our AVS Picks this year, but my friends took me out last night to celebrate. As you can tell by the picture, there was pussy everywhere. :p

I didn't get no ticker-tape parade for winning last year either. The legitimacy of my victory was questioned; my picking skills doubted; my honor besmirched. Heck, you'd think I had been born in Kenya or something. ;)

My pussy always had my back though.

thedeskE 02-07-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokilarry (Post 57564230)
Now that the Superbowl is over, it looks like it is time to start the new season thread.


Thank You and here we go again

oldcband 02-08-2019 05:27 AM

One of "The Club" took down the honors but we all know Remy's "Da Man".:p

It's the only reason I hang here to see a brouhaha breakout.:p

:p

chadsmith013 02-08-2019 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericglo (Post 57567228)
Come on. You have a new coach and you are following the Patriot Way.:p




Well, they did win their first SB in Miami. Maybe it is fate.;)

not even looking forward to next year...i have zero doubts the Pats will be back in it..

with that said..I have cancelled my NFL ticket and I cancelled Direct tv...why even bother.

and i know we cant talk speakers..but my 1099's will be here tomorrow..woot woot..

oh yeah..go Dolphins. :D:D

locomo 02-08-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikclown (Post 57566752)
Saints vs Refs in Miami. I'll be right one day. 😂😂😂


Just like the Saints vs Steelers game ! :)

Aliens 02-08-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tack (Post 57567248)
Congrats, good job. I missed it by one a couple years ago with sentimental Browns picks. Don't wear yourself out with your fanclub there. ;)

You should join this fall. When injuries ruined the Skins season it became the thing I looked forward to every week. From the look of things, it'll be the only thing to look forward to for this upcoming season as well.

chadsmith013 02-08-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliens (Post 57569470)
You should join this fall. When injuries ruined the Skins season it became the thing I looked forward to every week. From the look of things, it'll be the only thing to look forward to for this upcoming season as well.

congrats on the win...you will be a fine champion...

oldcband 02-08-2019 10:50 AM

Santa.

Tooth Fairy.

Easter Bunny.

NE Patriots.;)

TitusTroy 02-08-2019 08:47 PM

Adam Gase's new coaching staff with the New York Jets contains enough potential family drama for a reality TV show...the full staff, announced Friday by the Jets, includes longtime NFL assistant Joe Vitt, Gase's father-in-law Blake Williams the son of defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and former Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter, who will coach the running backs...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...williams-staff

replayrob 02-09-2019 07:08 AM

^ Oy!



Bring back Sexy-Rexy :D

Ericglo 02-09-2019 09:26 AM

Chad,
I think it was a good hire to pick up Jim Caldwell. I still think they should bring in Bridgewater along with drafting a QB. Worse case scenario is he becomes a veteran back up.



Quote:

Originally Posted by TitusTroy (Post 57573542)
Adam Gase's new coaching staff with the New York Jets contains enough potential family drama for a reality TV show...the full staff, announced Friday by the Jets, includes longtime NFL assistant Joe Vitt, Gase's father-in-law Blake Williams the son of defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and former Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter, who will coach the running backs...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...williams-staff

And if you want to do the two degrees of separation. Cooter worked under Joe Lombardi, who was with the Saints on offense during that same time period.;)

TitusTroy 02-10-2019 08:55 AM

excellent article over at ESPN...an interview with Bob Costas about his departure from NBC after his criticism of the NFL regarding football and brain injuries...Costas is one of my all time favorite journalists and it's sad to see his career end this way...

Bob Costas, unplugged: From NBC and broadcast icon to dropped from the Super Bowl

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...tball-nbc-espn

Tack 02-10-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitusTroy (Post 57579824)
excellent article over at ESPN...an interview with Bob Costas and his departure from NBC after his criticism of the NFL regarding football and brain injuries...Costas is one of my all time favorite journalists and it's sad to see his career end this way...

Bob Costas, unplugged: From NBC and broadcast icon to dropped from the Super Bowl

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...tball-nbc-espn




Really interesting article, thx.

oldcband 02-10-2019 10:04 AM

Told the girlfriend Tack's back.

Then she said were shooting for a new car next season.:D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.