Masked Singer on Fox - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 38Likes

post #121 of 198 Old 12-24-2019, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Not show related, but it is judge related.

Do you think most women hated Nicole Scherzinger when the Pussycat Dolls released that "Don't Cha" song? Let's be honest, most guys' answer to that song's question was probably "hell yeah" and their women probably knew it as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 198 Old 01-07-2020, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked: 3144
Jamie Foxx Joins ‘The Masked Singer’ In Post-Super Bowl Season 3 Premiere; ‘Lego Masters’ Sets Guest Stars – TCA

In a synergistic move, Beat Shazam host and executive producer Jamie Foxx will join the Season 3 post-Super Bowl premiere of The Masked Singer on Sunday, February 2 on Fox. Foxx will join host Nick Cannon and panelists Ken Jeong, Jenny McCarthy, Nicole Scherzinger and Robin Thicke in the special post-Super Bowl slot, the network revealed today during its presentation at TCA. The Masked Singer will then make its time period premiere on Wednesday, February 5 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

The Masked Singer
has been a ratings juggernaut for Fox. Its second season averaged a 3.0 L7 rating, ranking as this season’s #1 entertainment program (tied with This Is Us) and marking the first reality series ever to claim this rank, according to Fox and Nielsen. The singing competition averages 13.6 million viewers across all platforms and ranks as TV’s #1 unscripted series among Adults 18-34 and in key male/female demos.

Season 3 will introduce new custom-made costumes for the disguised celebrity singers to wear, including The Robot, The Frog, The Banana, The Mouse, Miss Monster and The Llama, among others. This season the 18 celebrity singers will split into three groups, until they are whittled town to the final nine who will battle for the Golden Mask trophy.

Additionally, it was announced that Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine), Nicole Byer (Nailed It!) and The LEGO Movie writers and directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller will join Will Arnett as guest stars during the first season of his new unscripted competition series Lego Masters. It premieres Wednesday, February 5 at 9 PM following The Masked Singer’s time period debut.

Bialik will help contestants pair LEGO-building expertise with their knowledge of the universe in a space-themed episode. Crews will appear in a “Good vs. Evil” challenge and Byer will help LEGO storytelling in a “Story Book”-themed episode. Additionally, BB-8, C-3PO and R2-D2 also will make a special appearance during a Star Wars-themed episode.

Anthony Dominici will executive-produce the Fox series, along with Sharon Levy, DJ Nurre and Michael Heyerman from Endemol Shine North America; Karen Smith and Steph Harris from Tuesday’s Child; and Jill Wilfert and Robert May from The LEGO Group. Will Arnett also serves as an executive producer. Lego Masters will be produced by Endemol Shine North America, Plan B and Tuesday’s Child, under license from The LEGO Group, for The LEGO Group.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/jamie-f...rs-1202823230/

post #123 of 198 Old 01-08-2020, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

They are doing a spinoff, the Masked Dancer. I just don't see it being nearly as popular as Masked Singer. I think people know singers wayyyy more than they do dancers.

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/07/fox-the...inoff-dancers/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 198 Old 02-04-2020, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Wow, Lil Wayne can't sing to save his life. That was awful.

I'd find it funny if now that Jamie Foxx appeared on the show as a judge after two season's of someone guessing he was one of the masked singers, he ends up competing in one of the other upcoming groups.
Josh Z likes this.
post #125 of 198 Old 02-04-2020, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

He was easily the worst singer of the group and that is sad because a lot of them were obviously not singers. They made it out to be the biggest thing in television history that he was there. Never listened to his music and after hearing him on the show, I am glad I haven't.

I have no clue yet who the others are.

post #126 of 198 Old 02-04-2020, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 5182 Post(s)
Liked: 4232
I agree. I don't know L'il Wayne from any of the other hundred or so "L'il" rappers, but he was absolutely dreadful. When all the judges were going "Holy sh*t! I just crapped my pants! That's L'il Wayne! OMFG!!!! L'IL WAYNE!!!!", I was like: "Are you joking? You've had Patti f'ing LaBelle on this show and you lose your minds at this?"

My wife is convinced that the female monster is Chaka Khan, but I think it's someone even older. The way she was walking seemed like she could barely stand up without a walker. It's going to be another legend in the same league as LaBelle and Gladys Knight.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whomever they may be.
post #127 of 198 Old 02-04-2020, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
He was easily the worst singer of the group and that is sad because a lot of them were obviously not singers. They made it out to be the biggest thing in television history that he was there. Never listened to his music and after hearing him on the show, I am glad I haven't.

I have no clue yet who the others are.
We thought the White Tiger was done for and were shocked the Robot lost out over him. Thinking White Tiger is Gronk..although the Lincoln/Gettysburg clue throws some doubt into that.
post #128 of 198 Old 02-04-2020, 08:48 AM

My wife and I are both feeling pretty certain that the White Tiger is Rob Gronkowski.

Josh Z

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whomever they may be.
post #129 of 198 Old 02-04-2020, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I agree. I don't know L'il Wayne from any of the other hundred or so "L'il" rappers, but he was absolutely dreadful. When all the judges were going "Holy sh*t! I just crapped my pants! That's L'il Wayne! OMFG!!!! L'IL WAYNE!!!!", I was like: "Are you joking? You've had Patti f'ing LaBelle on this show and you lose your minds at this?"
Well, when everyone these days thinks that rap is the greatest thing ever.....

On a side note, I am getting tired of the crowd shots. Stop showing these people, it adds nothing to the show! Especially when the performance is going on and they are showing these idiots.
Josh Z likes this.
post #130 of 198 Old 02-04-2020, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Well, when everyone these days thinks that rap is the greatest thing ever.....

On a side note, I am getting tired of the crowd shots. Stop showing these people, it adds nothing to the show! Especially when the performance is going on and they are showing these idiots.
Funny I thought the exact same thing about the audience. I was like, what does that add to the show. I am here to listen and see the singers, not an audience member.
Tom Imp likes this.

post #131 of 198 Old 02-05-2020, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 903
I say the same about McCarthy saying “Who is it?” And “This is hard!”
post #132 of 198 Old 02-05-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
I say the same about McCarthy saying “Who is it?” And “This is hard!”
And guessing that every singer is her husband.

Josh Z

post #133 of 198 Old 02-05-2020, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
And guessing that every singer is her husband.
Definitely that too! I wish he would just do the show so she (or anyone else) can’t guess him anymore.
post #134 of 198 Old 02-05-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Definitely that too! I wish he would just do the show so she (or anyone else) can’t guess him anymore.
This is Jenny McCarthy we're talking about. He could sit next to her on the panel with the judges and she'd still guess that he's somehow also on stage under one of the costumes at the same time.

Josh Z

post #135 of 198 Old 02-05-2020, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This is Jenny McCarthy we're talking about. He could sit next to her on the panel with the judges and she'd still guess that he's somehow also on stage under one of the costumes at the same time.
You speak the truth!
post #136 of 198 Old 02-05-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
You speak the truth!
If someone pointed out to her how that's impossible, she'd blame vaccines for clouding their minds and making them naive.
rcman2 and Tom Imp like this.

Josh Z

post #137 of 198 Old 02-05-2020, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If someone pointed out to her how that's impossible, she'd blame vaccines for clouding their minds and making them naive.
You are on a roll today! Lol.

I also hate when she does that little pouty sad face thing when someone is eliminated. She must have really strong facial muscles considering how much Botox and lip fillers she has.
Josh Z likes this.
post #138 of 198 Old 02-06-2020, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

I can't believe that was
Spoiler!
. That song he sang was not that bad, he did it pretty good. I thought the tiger was WAY worse than the Llama. And I now believe the Tiger is Gronkowski. I have not been wrong yet on this show when I firmly declare. I don't know them all for sure but once I settle in on one I have been right. So proud of myself, LOL!

post #139 of 198 Old 02-06-2020, 07:08 AM

White Tiger is definitely Gronkowski. He dropped a line about "putting the MASS in Masked Singer." Obviously a reference to Massachusetts. There have also been a bunch of hints about wrestling. Gronk jumped into the ring at Wrestlemania in 2017 and has talked about wanting to join the WWE.

My wife is super into researching all the hints and clues. She called Drew Carey pretty quickly. She feels very certain that Miss Monster is Chaka Khan. The clue about the queen chess piece supposedly refers to Khan being called the Queen of Funk.

Josh Z

post #140 of 198 Old 02-06-2020, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

They keep changing the format of the show. I guess they are whittling down each group to 3 all in a couple of days so all of them don’t have to keep going in and out as often. Less chance of discovery that way.
post #141 of 198 Old 02-06-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
My wife is super into researching all the hints and clues. She called Drew Carey pretty quickly. She feels very certain that Miss Monster is Chaka Khan. The clue about the queen chess piece supposedly refers to Khan being called the Queen of Funk.
We're thinking Miss Monster is Patti LaBelle. Her voice is distinctive, and Miss Monster really sounded like her last night.
post #142 of 198 Old 02-06-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflor View Post
We're thinking Miss Monster is Patti LaBelle. Her voice is distinctive, and Miss Monster really sounded like her last night.
Patti LaBelle was on last season. She was The Flower.

Josh Z

post #143 of 198 Old 02-06-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Patti LaBelle was on last season. She was The Flower.
Crap...I'm getting my gospel/rock divas mixed up...never mind.
post #144 of 198 Old 02-06-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflor View Post
Crap...I'm getting my gospel/rock divas mixed up...never mind.
One of the judges mentioned Dionne Warwick on the first night. In 1968, she was the first black woman to perform for Queen Elizabeth II. Seems like a good guess.

Josh Z

post #145 of 198 Old 02-07-2020, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The White Tiger clearly got by on his performance alone. The singing was horrendous and the Llama was much better in that regard.

As for Miss Monster, my first thought when I saw the Queen chess piece was Queen Latifah, but I'm not hearing it vocally. Interesting that Robin Thicke mentioned Mary Wilson who I thought was going to be on last season.
post #146 of 198 Old 02-07-2020, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The White Tiger clearly got by on his performance alone. The singing was horrendous and the Llama was much better in that regard.

As for Miss Monster, my first thought when I saw the Queen chess piece was Queen Latifah, but I'm not hearing it vocally. Interesting that Robin Thicke mentioned Mary Wilson who I thought was going to be on last season.
Little monster is way to short to be Latifah.

post #147 of 198 Old 02-08-2020, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Little monster is way to short to be Latifah.
True. Along with the voice, that part told me it couldn't be. Same with the Dionne Warwick guess. She's a little too tall to be her.

I do like the Chaka Khan guess though. Definitely the right size and I didn't realize she was known as the Queen of Funk. It just fits too perfectly.
WilliamR likes this.
post #148 of 198 Old 02-10-2020, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
True. Along with the voice, that part told me it couldn't be. Same with the Dionne Warwick guess. She's a little too tall to be her.

I do like the Chaka Khan guess though. Definitely the right size and I didn't realize she was known as the Queen of Funk. It just fits too perfectly.
Agreed, Chaka never dawned on me until I read it here, I think that is a great guess.

post #149 of 198 Old 02-14-2020, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

If the White Tiger's performances weren't so entertaining, he would have been gone by now. That singing is atrocious.
post #150 of 198 Old 02-14-2020, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

The voting on this show is odd. I don't think the tiger was entertaining at all. The song was awesome, but nothing about what he did was even funny, except how bad his singing was. So they are voting because he is the worst and laughed at how bad he was, voting on song choice? Just odd.

I think it hurt Chaka to throw her voice so much instead of embracing her signature tone/quality. It was hard to even hear her singing at times.

Jenny commented in an interview that that audio on the show this season changed and it is really hard for the judges to even hear them and they are going more on the clues now than the singing. She said the music is louder and the voice mics turned down. I wonder if that is translating through to the TV because Chaka was very hard to hear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page