• 1 Post By David F

post #1 of 14 Old 02-21-2019, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2080 Post(s)
Liked: 2685
Reprisal on Hulu

Hulu Hands Out Series Orders To Femme Fatale Drama ‘Reprisal’ & Russian Period Romp ‘The Great’ – TCA

by Peter White

February 11, 2019 9:00am

Hulu has picked up to series two pilots, femme fatale thriller Reprisal and Elle Fanning-fronted period drama The Great. The digital platform announced the orders at TCA.

Reprisal comes from The Handmaid’s Tale exec producer Warren Littlefield. Created, written and exec produced by Josh Corbin (StartUp), the show is a hyper-kinetic revenge tale following a relentless femme fatale who, after being left for dead, leads a vengeful campaign against a bombastic gang of gearheads.

The drama stars Abigail Spencer in the lead role alongside Rodrigo Santoro, Mena Massoud, Madison Davenport, Rhys Wakefield, David Dastmalchian, W. Earl Brown and Gilbert Owuor. The pilot was directed by Jonathan Van Tulleken (Off Season), who will exec produce the series, which is produced by A+E Studios and The Littlefield Company. Ann Johnson and Graham Littlefield serve as co-executive producers.

The series order comes after production on the pilot stalled in September as a result of Hurricane Florence.

Meanwhile, Catherine The Great drama The Great stars Elle Fanning as Catherine alongside Nicholas Hoult, Phoebe Fox, Adam Godley, Gwilym Lee, Charity Wakefield, Douglas Hodge and Sacha Dhawan.

The “genre-bending” series is an anti-historical ride through 18th century Russia. It details the rise to power of Catherine and her explosive relationship with her husband Peter, the emperor of Russia, played by Hoult.

Created, written and exec produced by Tony McNamara (The Favourite) and produced by MRC. Marian Macgowan, Thruline’s Josh Kesselman and Ron West, Echo Lake’s Brittany Kahan Ward, Doug Mankoff and Andrew Spaulding, Elle Fanning and Matt Shakman, who also directed the pilot, exec produce.

The Great is the latest Catherine the Great project set after HBO and Sky partnered on an eponymous mini-series with Helen Mirren.

Both series go into production later this year with Reprisal premiering in 2019 and The Great airing in 2020.

No official word on Hulu’s other recently ordered pilots including comic adaptation Sweet Tooth from Team Downey, Bret Easton Ellis adaptation Less Than Zero, Rafe Spall, John Slattery and Allison Tolman-fronted comedy Kansas City from Amblin TV and Sony Pictures TV and Search and Destroy from Portlandia co-creator Carrie Brownstein and Annapurna Television.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/hulu-re...ca-1202554199/
Don S likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-06-2019, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Bethany Anne Lind (Doom Patrol) has booked a key recurring role on Hulu’s upcoming femme fatale thriller series Reprisal, from The Handmaid’s Tale executive producer Warren Littlefield and A+E Studios. Created, written and executive produced by Josh Corbin (StartUp), Reprisal is a hyper-noir story that follows Katherine (Abigail Spencer), a relentless femme fatale who, after being left for dead, sets out to take revenge against her brother and his bombastic gang of gearheads. Lind will play Molly Quinn. Having long been known as the friendliest person in the whole wide world, Molly Quinn’s kindness has been stifled in recent years due to the oppressive nature of her alcoholic, two-bit gangster of a husband. However, as she unexpectedly tags along on Doris’ quest for revenge, she will emerge from her husband’s tyranny to find the strength, and the downright courage, that she’s been suppressing for far too long. Lind stars in Blood On Her Name which just premiered at Fantasia Fest. She is currently recurring on Doom Patrol and can be seen in two other upcoming films Chaos Walking and The Shining sequel, Doctor Sleep. She is repped by Insight and The People Store.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/fear-th...al-1202658231/

post #3 of 14 Old 10-04-2019, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1144 Post(s)
Liked: 2326
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-04-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1920 Post(s)
Liked: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
I was tempted to say you had me at "Abigail Spencer," but this trailer definitely makes this show look like it's worth checking out next time I'm subbing for the latest season of Handmaid's Tale (my annual free month comes up in Dec. or Jan). All episodes of Reprisal drop Dec. 6.
allargon likes this.
post #5 of 14 Old 11-05-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #6 of 14 Old 12-06-2019, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

All 10 episodes are now available.
post #7 of 14 Old 12-07-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 697
Watched the first 2. Really enjoying it. Quite the noir vibe throughout.
post #8 of 14 Old 12-07-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S View Post
Watched the first 2. Really enjoying it. Quite the noir vibe throughout.
I have to agree with you on the vibe of the show. Love the 50's theme, with the hotrods, bikes and the way everyone dresses. I am on 6 and the episodes just fly by. Like the back stories that are thrown in, acting is good, picture is great and sound is perfect.
Don S likes this.

post #9 of 14 Old 12-08-2019, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2444 Post(s)
Liked: 2082
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post
I have to agree with you on the vibe of the show. Love the 50's theme, with the hotrods, bikes and the way everyone dresses. I am on 6 and the episodes just fly by. Like the back stories that are thrown in, acting is good, picture is great and sound is perfect.
A 50s theme but more like 70s but...
Spoiler!
post #10 of 14 Old 12-08-2019, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 697
Reprisal on Hulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Spoiler!

Just finished season one. Pretty slick and engaging throughout. Really enjoyed this. The dialogue is really smart and at times delicious. Kudos. This was way better than I expected.

Lots of places to go for season 2 as well.
WilliamR and BCRSS like this.
post #11 of 14 Old 12-09-2019, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S View Post
Just finished season one. Pretty slick and engaging throughout. Really enjoyed this. The dialogue is really smart and at times delicious. Kudos. This was way better than I expected.

Lots of places to go for season 2 as well.
Well that is enough of an endorsement for me to jump into this. Thanks Don S!
Don S likes this.

post #12 of 14 Old 12-09-2019, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Spoiler!

Yes it does have elements of modern time but I can only guess that it has something to do with:
Spoiler!

post #13 of 14 Old 12-10-2019, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Reprisal: Our World

post #14 of 14 Old 12-11-2019, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I'm about halfway through Reprisal and really loving it. It has a Lynchian feel to it with some of the retro-look and the weird trippy scenes sprinkled throughout.

I had no idea who Abigail Spencer was before this, and I almost never get caught up with any actor, but holy damn is she something else. Not just looks but the quiet, housewife-y way she carries herself as camouflage only to erupt with sporadic bouts of extreme violence.

Haha holy crap maybe there is something very wrong with me! lol
Don S likes this.

David Forbes

My theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page