Perpetual Grace, LTD- Epix HD - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By TitusTroy
  • 1 Post By BCRSS
  • 1 Post By bswiz
  • 2 Post By Garrett Adams

post #1 of 10 Old 06-21-2019, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4412 Post(s)
Liked: 3988
Perpetual Grace, LTD- Epix HD

this neo-noir series started up a few weeks ago and is getting excellent reviews...it's on little known premium cable channel Epix which doesn't help...if this was on a more popular network like HBO or FX it would be getting way more buzz...the show’s cast includes familiar faces like Jimmi Simpson of Westworld, Terry O’Quinn of Lost, and Oscar nominees Sir Ben Kingsley and Jacki Weaver...set in (and filmed in) New Mexico, Simpson plays a con artist who seeks to ensnare a pair of religious leaders who seem like easy marks...he plans to have them kidnapped so that he can pretend to be their son and enrich himself with their life insurance...while Simpson’s James easily meshes into this couple’s lives (aided by their actual son, a floundering ne’er-do-well played by Damon Herriman) he comes to discover that the pastor and his wife are more formidable than he’d initially believed...

has a Fargo meets Breaking Bad vibe to it...Perpetual Grace, LTD is the vision of Steve Conrad and Bruce Terris, who have some experience with slow-moving, prestige TV; they worked together on Amazon's 'Patriot'...

Garrett Adams and BCRSS like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-23-2019, 03:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Thanks for this. Watched the first ep and enjoying the look and feel of the series.
TitusTroy likes this.

post #3 of 10 Old 07-19-2019, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Noone talking about this show?

We are two episodes in (watching on the EPIX app) and really enjoying it. Sometimes it feels a bit slow in the way some episodes of Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul do - but in a way that it is building drama or building a character.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes!
TitusTroy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-19-2019, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswiz View Post
Noone talking about this show?

We are two episodes in (watching on the EPIX app) and really enjoying it. Sometimes it feels a bit slow in the way some episodes of Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul do - but in a way that it is building drama or building a character
it's on Epix which a lot of people don't seem to have in their cable/streaming lineup so it doesn't get as much love as it should...the Epix streaming app actually supports 4K which is another plus...none of the other 'big' premium cable channel providers have 4K support (HBO, Showtime, Starz)
post #5 of 10 Old 07-20-2019, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
it's on Epix which a lot of people don't seem to have in their cable/streaming lineup so it doesn't get as much love as it should...the Epix streaming app actually supports 4K which is another plus...none of the other 'big' premium cable channel providers have 4K support (HBO, Showtime, Starz)
The only reason I found about it is I read a post somewhere saying that the app was free to Spectrum internet users. Sure enough, it works just fine even though we have no TV package.

Then we saw some previews for Perpetual Grace LTD at a recent movie so decided to check it out!
post #6 of 10 Old 07-20-2019, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
Liked: 1329
My Comcast system carries it and I quite enjoy the show. It's a bit disjointed which makes it difficult to follow at times.
TitusTroy and AudiophileWalt like this.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-21-2019, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 67
We're still early in the series, but I'm enjoying seeing the alumni from Patriot showing up here.

Last edited by Joseph; 08-04-2019 at 07:52 AM.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-28-2019, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

even though I have Epix as part of my FiOS cable package I'm going to sign up to Amazon's Epix add-on to watch this (and Pennyworth as well)...I hear the picture quality is far better using Amazon's add-on services for HBO, Showtime etc
post #9 of 10 Old 07-28-2019, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
even though I have Epix as part of my FiOS cable package I'm going to sign up to Amazon's Epix add-on to watch this (and Pennyworth as well)...I hear the picture quality is far better using Amazon's add-on services for HBO, Showtime etc
Same for Hulu. HBO, etc. look much better as a Hulu add-on, too. It's funny that all of a sudden you get full 1080p and 5.1 with HBO, but not so much with many of Hulu's original shows.

I just re-added EPIX. I look forward to catching up on this quirky little show in the near future.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-03-2019, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Jimmi Simpson: ‘Perpetual Grace Ltd.’ is Fellini-esque ‘work of art’

https://nypost.com/2019/08/02/jimmi-...e-work-of-art/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version