"Coyote" w/ Michael Chiklis gets series order at Paramount - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mgkdragn

post #1 of 8 Old 06-27-2019, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2081 Post(s)
Liked: 2686
"Coyote" w/ Michael Chiklis gets series order at Paramount

From HOTP...

‘Coyote’ U.S-Mexico Border Drama Starring Michael Chiklis Gets Series Order At Paramount Network
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jun. 26, 2019

As the United States’ southern border continues to be the focal point of political debate centered around immigration, Paramount Network has given a 10-episode series order tow Coyote, a one-hour scripted drama series, starring and executive produced by Emmy winner Michael Chiklis, from Emmy-winning executive producer and director Michelle MacLaren (Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad), Dark Horse Entertainment and Sony Pictures TV. It’s slated to premiere in 2020.

Written by David Graziano (American Gods), Michael Carnes and Josh Gilbert (Mr. Woodcock), Coyote is the story of Ben Clemens (Chiklis), who after 32 years as a border patrol agent, is forced to work for the very people he spent his career trying to keep out of America. Now exposed to life on the other side of the wall, Ben will start to question his black and white views of the world, challenging his ideology and his loyalties.

Graziano also will serve as showrunner and executive produce with Carnes, Gilbert, Dark Horse Entertainment’s Mike Richardson and Keith Goldberg (The Umbrella Academy) and Rebecca Hobbs of MacLaren Entertainment.

“The powerful, timely setting and complex characters are a perfect fit with the rest of our growing scripted slate,” said Keith Cox, President of Development, Paramount Network and TV Land.

This is the latest new scripted series order at Paramount Network, which has been ramping up its slate. It joins recently greenlighted Southern saga Paradise Lost (working title, fka Heaven of Hell), a co-production with Spectrum Originals, and 68 Whiskey, from Imagine Entertainment.

“David Graziano, our whole creative team, and I are excited to make a show with Paramount Network and Sony that will dramatize a conversation between Mexico and America,” said MacLaren. “I have wanted to work with Michael Chiklis for a long time and am thrilled he is playing such a complex character whose journey will expose multiple points of view on this relevant and complicated issue.”

This marks a return to Sony TV for Chiklis, who won an Emmy and a Golden Globe for his signature role as corrupt LAPD detective Vic Mackey on FX’s The Shield, co-produced by the studio, and for MacLaren, who was executive producer on Sony TV’s AMC series Breaking Bad, sharing in its two drama series Emmy Awards and earning a directing nomination.

“We are incredibly excited to be working with this creative powerhouse of a team and beyond thrilled to have Michael Chiklis back in our Sony family,” said Jason Clodfelter, Co-President of Sony Pictures Television. At Paramount Network, the studio also has anthology series Accused in development with David Shore.

This is a rare non-comic book-based series to come out of Dark Horse Entertainment, the film and TV production arm of comic book publishing company Dark Horse Comics.

“While most of our shows and movies come from our own library, in Coyote, we found an original idea and character that were undeniable and attracted this incredible creative team,” said Mike Richardson, Dark Horse Entertainment’s President and Founder.

Paramount Network’s scripted roster also includes flagship drama Yellowstone, now in its second season, and the upcoming Darren Star series, Emily in Paris, starring Lily Collins.

Chiklis recently played Captain Nathaniel Barnes for two seasons on Fox’s Gotham and was seen in AIDS drama feature 1985. MacLaren also has directed episodes of Game of Thrones, Westworld and The Walking Dead.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/coyote-...er-1202637754/

Last edited by DrDon; 09-08-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-06-2019, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3086 Post(s)
Liked: 4065
You'd think a new Thread could wait until at least an actual premier date was established .. cut and paste verbatim from dad1153 Master Thread .. I guess I should take a tip from that concept ..
PooperScooper likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3 of 8 Old 09-06-2019, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
You'd think a new Thread could wait until at least an actual premier date was established .. cut and paste verbatim from dad1153 Master Thread .. I guess I should take a tip from that concept ..
You wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

It generates discussion and gets people talking about it, etc. then as they release dates, trailers, etc. it can be updated, added to etc. At least in my opinion. A lot of these threads (and those not started by me) were created before release dates and they generated a lot of discussions, talks, anticipation, etc. leading up to the actual release announcement.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-07-2019, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 5374 Post(s)
Liked: 4828
the bigger issue is that he's literally copying dad1153's posts from the News section...he should at least give credit to him for doing all the work...does dad1153 approve of his posts being copied and pasted?

Last edited by TitusTroy; 09-08-2019 at 12:11 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-08-2019, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 2390 Post(s)
Liked: 4603
A thread starter can (and probably should) title the thread in such a way to avoid confusion. Once the show slots a premiere date or airs, we can always change the title (a Report Post or a PM will usually alert us). I'll edit this one as an example.

I know some threads have done that and I've even put a link in the 1st post to the point in the thread where the post-premiere discussion begins.

It's all too easy to do and something we rather prefer doing instead of policing arguments.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Wait a minute. Michael Chiklis played Lt. Vic Mackey on “The Shield,” which in the very first episode depicted him murdering another police detective because he thought his victim was going to expose Mackey’s dirty cop group. Now it looks like the audience is going to be asked to invest empathy for a Mexican coyote gang! Is there a pattern here? Count me out at the beginning. It took me too many episodes to snap to the manipulation and quit The Shield. That show was well produced and the acting was top notch - Walton Goggins was spectacular, as always - but where it headed was crap.

Last edited by Wacojoe; 09-08-2019 at 09:01 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-09-2019, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
the bigger issue is that he's literally copying dad1153's posts from the News section...he should at least give credit to him for doing all the work...does dad1153 approve of his posts being copied and pasted?
I spoke to Dad1153, he has no issues with this.

post #8 of 8 Old 01-14-2020, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Get a first look at Michael Chiklis' new Paramount Network drama Coyote

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/14/michael...mount-network/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version