Survivor: Island of the Idols CBS HD 9/25/2019 - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

post #121 of 169 Old 11-22-2019, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
On a phycological note, finding an idol by happenstance is a lot more pleasant on ones psyche than frantically searching for it, possibly getting hurt climbing trees, scaling rock walls or putting ones hands in dark tree holes that may have a lurking scorpion or spider. As well, then being a pariah within the camp, when off on ones own too long.
While that may be true, it's not very satisfying for the Viewer ..

Work for that Idol, I say ..
MikeKlim likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Last edited by mgkdragn; 11-22-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 169 Old 11-22-2019, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked: 741
I could get more votes than Karishma and I am not even in the game.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #123 of 169 Old 11-22-2019, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Other than the "Karishma Is a Goat", there is not much consensus .. in fact, the Game has kind of gotten to the point, and not just this season, that there are no real alliances .. it's become very fluid, it seems to me ..
I guess the producers are constantly trying to juggle and tweak formats where it doesn't become the season of "super alliance" that has many weeks of the same minority simply getting picked off each week, vs too much swapping/manipulating where the outcomes are almost random ...
Maybe it's just me, but the past few seasons it seemed that tribe swaps occurred too early, it seems harder to remember who in the new mixed tribes were in which "original" tribes, since it almost feels like they mix them up in the 2nd or 3rd airing, and we still haven't even yet gotten to know all the exact members of Original Tribe A vs B...
Willie_Tee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 169 Old 11-22-2019, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Is Noura the ultimate goat or is she actually nice and they don’t show it? She keeps screwing up and people just move on.

She came back from IoI with that lame story that no one believed. They showed her constantly complaining about the same things. And then she quit too soon and prevented her group from getting the reward and the advantage of going to TC last.
post #125 of 169 Old 11-22-2019, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked: 2184
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
On a phycological note, finding an idol by happenstance is a lot more pleasant on ones psyche than frantically searching for it, possibly getting hurt climbing trees, scaling rock walls or putting ones hands in dark tree holes that may have a lurking scorpion or spider. As well, then being a pariah within the camp, when off on ones own too long.
It's not supposed to be pleasant! It's to get a major advantage in a competition for a million dollars. The risk is something that should have to be weighed when deciding whether or not to look for an idol. The possible danger of it is part of the physical aspect of the game and choosing to be away from camp or not is a major social strategy. It all goes into one's game management.

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #126 of 169 Old 11-30-2019, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Why is it I just can't stand Karishma .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #127 of 169 Old 11-30-2019, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Easy ... you are either secretly jealous, and/or have a crush on her, of course.
post #128 of 169 Old 11-30-2019, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post
Easy ... you are either secretly jealous, and/or have a crush on her, of course.
It just seems, for me anyway, every time she talks it's so annoying whatever she comes up with .. and, I suppose now, she thinks she's the Puppetmaster ..

Uncle Willie

post #129 of 169 Old 11-30-2019, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
She comes across to me like a spoiled kid that's was treated a like a princess growing up. Never told "no" or that she's wrong/at fault. It reminds me of a couple people I've known.

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #130 of 169 Old 11-30-2019, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
She comes across to me like a spoiled kid that's was treated a like a princess growing up. Never told "no" or that she's wrong/at fault. It reminds me of a couple people I've known.
That may be it .. she just seems like she's whining .. and I don't have any idea why she decided to try the "hold the ball up" challenge ..

I was also confused as to why so many decided to sit it out and eat .. I mean, does Immunity just not mean much to them .. ?? I don't ever recall that many Contestants passing up a chance at Immunity just to chow down ..

Uncle Willie

post #131 of 169 Old 12-03-2019, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
All I know is - I feel real sorry for her husband.
post #132 of 169 Old 12-03-2019, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
She's a Lawyer. Nuf said.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #133 of 169 Old 12-04-2019, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1998 Post(s)
Liked: 2509
This is probably the first season I don't have a favorite I am rooting for. I don't care who wins at this point. Might change when it gets down to the last few.

post #134 of 169 Old 12-04-2019, 11:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

finally
John dhein and mgkdragn like this.

post #135 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

All that TC drama, and for what .. ?? Theatrics .. ??

Still glad she's gone, though ..

Uncle Willie

post #136 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

My memory may be wrong, but it seems to me the Jury used to be a bit more stoic .. now, it's like they have been encouraged to ham it up for the camera ..
MikeKlim likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #137 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
All that TC drama, and for what .. ?? Theatrics .. ??

Still glad she's gone, though ..
Same here, but all that at TC just to vote for her??? That was a Game of Thrones season 8 TC

Quote:
My memory may be wrong, but it seems to me the Jury used to be a bit more stoic .. now, it's like they have been encouraged to ham it up for the camera ..
It seems like the entire TC has gotten a lot looser. The Jury as you mentioned and the players still in the game. Earlier seasons never had the whispering and secret talking between players never ran rampant like it does now. I had actually thought there was a rule against it to keep players from colluding at TC. Players had to react on their own to any bombshells that might get dropped at it and the alliances either had to have contingency plans ahead of time or hope that everyone reacts properly. Like this week when Nora outed Elaine's idol everyone that was set to vote for her would have to figure out what to do now instead of them huddling up as a team to adjust the plan.

#IHateNalleh
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #138 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

^^^ Yeah, I've come to believe that the Producers are encouraging the whispering / chit chat / Jury Hamming it Up, etc .. it just seems to get more blatant over time ..

"Hey, Noura, can you create an artificial Drama for us at Tribal .. ?? I mean, you're so good at it .."

Uncle Willie

post #139 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

I'll add :: Again, this may be my faulty memory, however, does it seem that those that come into the Game toting some extra poundage don't seem to have the dramatic weight loss that we would see in Seasons long gone .. ?? ..
JoeNc likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #140 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I thought it was Survivor 101 that post merge you never vote off the weakest player, that's who everyone should want sitting in the final with them. This feels like a lesson needs to be taught from the 'Robfather', who do you take to the final tribal council. That being said, as a viewer I am glad Karishma is gone.
post #141 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtogMuncher View Post
I thought it was Survivor 101 that post merge you never vote off the weakest player, that's who everyone should want sitting in the final with them. This feels like a lesson needs to be taught from the 'Robfather', who do you take to the final tribal council. That being said, as a viewer I am glad Karishma is gone.
I thought the same thing ...
No matter how "annoying" Karishma was, (& I agree she is), at this point in the game to have almost all the tribemates essentially saying, "let's keep all these other serious threats to winning instead, and vote out the bottom player no one will vote for ..", is absurd ..
Rob would not advise that... Especially to the few that know they are on the bottom after Karishma, and should have realized she's a guaranteed vote with you at the next tribals 'cause she wants to stay & hates many of the main real threats...

Last edited by MeatChicken; 12-06-2019 at 11:50 AM.
post #142 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post
I thought the same thing ...
No matter how "annoying" Karishma was, (& I agree she is), at this point in the game to have almost all the tribemates essentially saying, "let's keep all these other serious threats to winning instead, and vote out the bottom player no one will vote for ..", is absurd ..
Rob would not advise that... Especially to the few that know they are on the bottom after Karishma, and should have realized she's a guaranteed vote with you at tribals 'cause she wants to stay & hates many of the main real threats...
Yep .. at FT, anyone that gets there that may at any time have thrown Karishma a bone would likely get her vote .. and, as a Bonus, she's such a talker she's going to do her level best to sway the entire Jury ..

Uncle Willie

post #143 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'll add :: Again, this may be my faulty memory, however, does it seem that those that come into the Game toting some extra poundage don't seem to have the dramatic weight loss that we would see in Seasons long gone .. ?? ..
It does seem like you're not getting the body transforms as early seasons. I think there is definitely more food rewards now. I checked Kelee, Jamal, and Elizabeth's ponderosa videos and they were all at about 7% weight loss. So they're loosing some weight but nothing dramatic.

#IHateNalleh
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #144 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It does seem like you're not getting the body transforms as early seasons. I think there is definitely more food rewards now. I checked Kelee, Jamal, and Elizabeth's ponderosa videos and they were all at about 7% weight loss. So they're loosing some weight but nothing dramatic.

The Survivor diet was just a fad, everyone has moved on to the Keto diet.

post #145 of 169 Old 12-06-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1998 Post(s)
Liked: 2509
Pretty good tribal with all the chaos. Was hoping something else would happen to mix thigs up. Didn't like Dan's reaction when she was voted out either.

post #146 of 169 Old 12-07-2019, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 866
I think the producers have figured out that malnourished and emaciated players don’t make for a good show. Plus, they probably found out that paying for players’ medical bills from lack of food and clean water gets expensive fast. Like it or not, the game has moved on from a real “survival” challenge. You have to watch Naked and Afraid for that now.
rekbones likes this.

Last edited by hooked01; Yesterday at 09:17 PM.
post #147 of 169 Old 12-11-2019, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Well that was an interesting way to finish the episode. I wonder what he did?
post #148 of 169 Old 12-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 91
When they showed Jeff walking up to them at the end of the episode, my fear was that he was going to tell one of the players that a family member had passed. Glad it wasn't that.

Maybe Dan got touchy-feely with a crew member.
mesaboy and cardoski like this.
post #149 of 169 Old 12-11-2019, 11:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I found this on it. It's the most concrete thing I've seen so far.

Quote:
PEOPLE has spoken to multiple people involved with the show’s production, who confirmed that the incident in question — which involved a member of the show’s production team — happened after an immunity challenge as Spilo and other contestants were getting into a boat to transport them back to the camp.

The incident was not caught on camera, but at least one other contestant witnessed it.
https://people.com/tv/survivor-dan-s...mera-incident/
mesaboy likes this.

#IHateNalleh
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #150 of 169 Old 12-11-2019, 11:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Dan Weinstein? I guess we wont see him at the finale/reunion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page