Rogue One - Star Wars Prequel Series - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By WilliamR

post #1 of 3 Old 08-25-2019, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1906 Post(s)
Liked: 2333
Rogue One - Star Wars Prequel Series

Disney's Rogue One prequel series to start production next year

The Rogue One prequel series now has a production start date.

Disney announced TK that Star Wars live-action TV series coming to its Disney+ streaming service will begin shooting next year in London.

The series is centered around Diego Luna‘s doomed Rebel spy Cassian Andor introduced in 2016’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Alan Tudyk‘s lumbering scene-stealing droid K-2SO is also in the show. Stephen Schiff (The Americans) is showrunner.

The series, first announced last November, follows the adventures of the Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion. Naturally, the drama takes place before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

“Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” Luna previously said in a statement. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

The series is described as a “rousing spy thriller [that] will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire.”

The Cassian Andor series is in addition to The Mandalorian, director Jon Favreau’s live-action Star Wars-universe series that’s launching Nov. 12 starring Pedro Pascal (watch the trailer). There’s also a live-action series in the works with Ewan McGregor reprising his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/24/star-wa...l-disney-plus/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-25-2019, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 6070 Post(s)
Liked: 6724
Good grief. Disney is going all out with Star Wars to pump up subscribers to its new streaming service. That's 3 new series I count (so far). CBS is going all out with Star Trek for its All-Acess streaming service, which got a head start. Their second new series debuts in a few months and there are rumors of others to come.

And not to be outdone, AMC (not sure who their parent owner is) is pumping out more zombie series as long as there is even a shred of not-dead life in the Walking Dead universe.

It's a good time to be a geek, I guess. How much is too much?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-25-2019, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1906 Post(s)
Liked: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
How much is too much?
Now.

It is all to much and people will get burned out on the content instead of being excited for the next new show in the series.
allargon likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page