• 1 Post By WilliamR

post #1 of 10 Old 09-10-2019, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1998 Post(s)
Liked: 2509
Dublin Murders on Starz

Starz Sets Premiere Date For Crime Drama ‘Dublin Murders’ & Unveils First Trailer

Starz is set to premiere European crime drama Dublin Murders on Sunday November 10. The Lionsgate-backed broadcaster has also unveiled the first trailer for the drama, which stars Killian Scott (C.B. Strike) and Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful).

The series, which airs in an 8pm slot, is based on Tana French’s novels. Starz acquired the series, which was originally commissioned by the BBC, in December and it will air it in the U.S., Canada as well as on its Starzplay service across Europe and Latin America. It will launch on BBC One in the UK in October.

The psychological thriller is adapted by series creator and writer Sarah Phelps. Dublin Murders follows Rob Reilly (Scott) – a smart-suited detective whose English accent marks him as an outsider – who is dispatched to investigate the murder of a young girl on the outskirts of Dublin with his partner, Cassie Maddox (Greene). Against his better judgment and protected by his friendship with Cassie, he is pulled back into another case of missing children and forced to confront his own darkness. As the case intensifies, Rob and Cassie’s relationship is tested to the breaking point and when Cassie is sent undercover for another murder case, she is forced to come face to face with her own brutal reckoning.

The cast also includes Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (Avengers: Infinity War) as Frank supported by Moe Dunford (Vikings) as Sam, Leah McNamara (Vikings) as Rosalind, Ian Kenny (Solo: A Star Wars Story) as Phelan, Eugene O’Hare (The Fall) as Quigley, Jonny Holden (Women on the Verge) as Damien, Conleth Hill (Game of Thrones) as O Kelly and Peter McDonald (The Last Kingdom) as Jonathan.

The lead director of Dublin Murders is Saul Dibb supported by John Hayes and Rebecca Gatward. The series is produced by Euston Films, Veritas Entertainment Group and Element Pictures (The Lobster) and executive produced by Sarah Phelps and Saul Dibb, Kate Harwood and Noemi Spanos for Euston Films, Alan Gasmer and Peter Jaysen for Veritas Entertainment Group, Ed Guiney for Element Pictures, and Elizabeth Kilgarriff for the BBC.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/starz-s...er-1202730324/
RobKnapp likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-10-2019, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1998 Post(s)
Liked: 2509
Official trailer:

post #3 of 10 Old 09-11-2019, 12:12 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4071 Post(s)
Liked: 3798
I really enjoyed the novels, hopefully the TV series will be good as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 11-07-2019, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Well, finished the 8-part series within a week (NFL has higher priority). I was forewarned about the ending before starting. Did not care for the opening prologue (gave part of the stories away) but stay with it to see how this series differed from the rest of the detective-murder genre.

For folks who enjoy folklore and murder mystery, this is a good one but I don't buy it. However, the 2 main detectives and the murderer made this a great chess game. Frank Mackey, the psychopath mentor, lightened up the mood while on screen. It should be worth your 8-hour time.
post #5 of 10 Old 11-07-2019, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4071 Post(s)
Liked: 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbud0 View Post
Well, finished the 8-part series within a week (NFL has higher priority). I was forewarned about the ending before starting. Did not care for the opening prologue (gave part of the stories away) but stay with it to see how this series differed from the rest of the detective-murder genre.

For folks who enjoy folklore and murder mystery, this is a good one but I don't buy it. However, the 2 main detectives and the murderer made this a great chess game. Frank Mackey, the psychopath mentor, lightened up the mood while on screen. It should be worth your 8-hour time.
How did you watch it given it's not available on Starz until the 10th?
post #6 of 10 Old 11-09-2019, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 5144 Post(s)
Liked: 4604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
How did you watch it given it's not available on Starz until the 10th?
all the episodes already aired in the UK (BBC One) so I'm guessing that's how people already watched this
post #7 of 10 Old 11-29-2019, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 5144 Post(s)
Liked: 4604
I love a good murder/mystery story but reviews for this are mixed with most of the complaints being that they tried to adapt 2 books into 8 episodes...seems like it would have been better if they tried to be a little less ambitious
post #8 of 10 Old 11-30-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 91
My wife and I have been enjoying it. As with many shows/movies like this, there are so many different characters (in two intertwining timeframes) that we get confused ( i.e. Wait, who is Adam again? Who is that blonde woman sitting with the family and the coffin? etc.).
post #9 of 10 Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post
My wife and I have been enjoying it. As with many shows/movies like this, there are so many different characters (in two intertwining timeframes) that we get confused ( i.e. Wait, who is Adam again? Who is that blonde woman sitting with the family and the coffin? etc.).
The blonde woman is Simone (the dance teacher) but there are a lot of people that I couldn't remember such as who was the man with Lexi prior to her deal.

This show started out pretty good and reminded me of Broadchurch but it is sort of eating itself with its main characters (I am 5 eps in) eating themselves. I predicted that Rob would have to enter the forest again to start remembering but that is also sort of a magic thing that they have to find out stuff they aren't getting in detective ways. The police interrogations are almost laughably bad and Rob is the worst. I don't know if that is on purpose or whether they are just what the writers think police officers do.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #10 of 10 Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
The blonde woman is Simone (the dance teacher) but there are a lot of people that I couldn't remember such as who was the man with Lexi prior to her deal.

This show started out pretty good and reminded me of Broadchurch but it is sort of eating itself with its main characters (I am 5 eps in) eating themselves. I predicted that Rob would have to enter the forest again to start remembering but that is also sort of a magic thing that they have to find out stuff they aren't getting in detective ways. The police interrogations are almost laughably bad and Rob is the worst. I don't know if that is on purpose or whether they are just what the writers think police officers do.
Thanks, and I agree with all your points. At first, it was an interesting procedural (but with seemingly inept detectives) with a twist. Now, it's becoming more bizarre and fantastical. I'm not sure I'll stick with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming