No Activity Series on CBS All Access - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-05-2019, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2157 Post(s)
Liked: 2933
No Activity Series on CBS All Access

Anyone else watching this crazy series? It is so different. When I read what it was about I didn't think it would work (e.g. two people in a car the entire time) but it actually works. Gets better as it goes along too. Down the road they are not just in their car (will not spoil anything). Season 3 just started so you have a lot of episodes to binge watch if interested.

From the Wiki article:

No Activity is "set against the world of a major drug cartel bust" and follows "two low-level cops who have spent far too much time in a car together; two criminals who are largely kept in the dark; two dispatch workers who haven’t really clicked; and two Mexican tunnelers who are in way too small a space considering they’ve only just met"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Act...ican_TV_series)

I can't find a trailer for it that doesn't have explicit language in it so you can search for them yourselves if you want.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-05-2019, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2061 Post(s)
Liked: 2191
I tried to watch the first season a while ago when I had a free month of CBSAA with commercials and couldn't get into it (i.e., it wasn't worth sitting through commercials like I was doing for ST Discovery). Maybe I'll give it another shot next time I have a commercial-free sub (which is the only way I'll do it now).
post #3 of 3 Old 03-25-2020, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 685
S1&2 are on Hulu. When I recorded them the commercial breaks were there but only 3 or 4 actual ads in the whole series. BBC/ Australian apparently? I might check it out tonight...

Edit> So I watched the first 2 eps - definitely not for everyone but pretty good deadpan humor and the one cop's facial expressions are priceless. Kind of like a Peter Sellers version of Waiting for Godot.

I recognized a couple of the characters from City Homicide on Prime. I'll watch a couple more tonight. Purely as a wild guess I think fans of Detectorists might like it although the characters aren't as appealing.

Edit2> Fitting ending for S1. One ep had the guy from Stumptown as an American DEA agent.

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 03-26-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page