Debris on NBC (a Sci-fi Series) (Pilot order) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
  • 1 Post By WilliamR
  • 1 Post By WilliamR
  • 3 Post By Elitegti17
  • 1 Post By Josh Z
  • 1 Post By archiguy
  • 2 Post By Josh Z
  • 3 Post By archiguy
  • 1 Post By Garrett Adams
  • 1 Post By WilliamR
  • 1 Post By WilliamR

post #1 of 14 Old 01-11-2020, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2284 Post(s)
Liked: 3343
Debris on NBC (a Sci-fi Series) (Pilot order)

‘Debris’ Sci-fi Drama From J.H. Wyman & Legendary Gets NBC Pilot Order

After two straight-to series orders on the comedy side to Tina Fey and Robert Carlock’s Mayor half-hour starring Ted Danson and Dwayne Johnson and Nahnatchka Khan’s Young Rock, NBC has given its first drama greenlight this cycle, handling a pilot pickup to Debris.

The sci-fi drama hails from Almost Human creator J.H.l Wyman and Legendary Television.

Written by Wyman, Debris is said to be in the vein of The X-Files and Men In Black. In it, two agents from two different continents, and two different mindsets, must work together to investigate when wreckage from a destroyed alien spacecraft has mysterious effects on humankind.

Wyman executive produces through his Frequency Films alongside Jason Hoffs.

Debris has been one of several buzzed about early NBC drama scripts, several of them in the high-concept/chi-fi genre. Others that are being talked about include Echo, La Brea as well as the romantic Adam and Eva and theRobert Langdon project, which has a production commitment.

Before crating and executive producing Fox’s Almost Human, Wyman also created and exec produced Keen Eddie and executive produced Fringe.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/debris-...er-1202827975/
aaronwt likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-11-2020, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Jonathan Tucker To Star In NBC Sci-Fi Drama Pilot ‘Debris’

Jonathan Tucker (City on a Hill) has been cast as the male lead in Debris, NBC’ssci-fi drama pilot from Almost Human creator J.H. Wyman and Legendary Television.

Written by Wyman, Debris is said to be in the vein of The X-Files and Men in Black. In it, two agents from two different continents and two different mindsets — CIA’s Bryan Beneventi (Tucker) and MI6’s Finola Jonesmust — work together to investigate when wreckage from a destroyed alien spacecraft has mysterious effects on humankind.

Tucker’s Beneventi is a headstrong, smart CIA operative who is working on the investigation of strange occurrences.

Wyman executive produces the pilot through his Frequency Films alongside Jason Hoffs.

Tucker recently was a series regular on the first season of Showtime’s City on a Hill, executive produced by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, and co-starred in Elizabeth Banks’ Charlie’s Angels. Also known for his memorable recurring role on HBO’s Westworld, Tucker is coming off teaming with Kaitlyn Dever for the premiere episode of Hulu’s horror anthology, Monsterland, He’s repped by UTA and Management 360.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/jonatha...ot-1202857471/
Elitegti17 likes this.

post #3 of 14 Old 02-12-2020, 04:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Thanks! Sounds interesting. I found Almost Human to be one of the better Sci FI shows in recent years and was disappointed that it was canceled. Lets hope NBC is more patient than FOX!
DrDon, WilliamR and aaronwt like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 02-12-2020, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitegti17 View Post
Thanks! Sounds interesting. I found Almost Human to be one of the better Sci FI shows in recent years and was disappointed that it was canceled. Lets hope NBC is more patient than FOX!
Oh man I loved Almost Human, thought it had potential. Miss that show.

post #5 of 14 Old 02-12-2020, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 7008 Post(s)
Liked: 7992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitegti17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Oh man I loved Almost Human, thought it had potential. Miss that show.
I thought 'Almost Human' was a BBC show, broadcast by BBCA over here? And that the cancellation happened in the UK and really didn't have anything to do with the American market or any American network. Could be wrong though...

I enjoyed it too, though. Looked forward to where they were going in the next season. And then... no next season.
post #6 of 14 Old 02-12-2020, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 5302 Post(s)
Liked: 4390
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I thought 'Almost Human' was a BBC show, broadcast by BBCA over here? And that the cancellation happened in the UK and really didn't have anything to do with the American market or any American network. Could be wrong though...
You're thinking of Being Human.

Almost Human was a sci-fi show on Fox, starring Karl Urban and Michael Ealy. Ran for one season in 2013.
aaronwt likes this.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whomever they may be.
post #7 of 14 Old 02-12-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Almost Human was a sci-fi show on Fox, starring Karl Urban and Michael Ealy. Ran for one season in 2013.
Ah, you're right. Apologies, Dominus. All these shows with "human" in the title kind of run together.
Josh Z likes this.
post #8 of 14 Old 02-12-2020, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 5302 Post(s)
Liked: 4390
Quote:
Ah, you're right. Apologies, Dominus. All these shows with "human" in the title kind of run together.
It's only human to make a mistake every now and again.
Garrett Adams and aaronwt like this.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whomever they may be.
post #9 of 14 Old 02-12-2020, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:

The AMC/BBC series was "Humans". "Being Human" was the vampire/ghost/werewolf roommates show with the original British series from the BBC, with an American version made by Syfy.

Almost Human is available, free with commercials, on Amazon owned IMDB TV. You can access it using a web browser, or if you have Amazon Prime, watch it there (IMDB tv can be found in the Amazon Channels section. Again, IMDB features ads in their shows).

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #10 of 14 Old 02-13-2020, 05:35 AM

Quote:
I thought 'Almost Human' was a BBC show, broadcast by BBCA over here?
Quote:

Quote:
It's only human to make a mistake every now and again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
The AMC/BBC series was "Humans". "Being Human" was the vampire/ghost/werewolf roommates show with the original British series from the BBC, with an American version made by Syfy.
Some suggested titles for new shows:

Practically Human
Barely Human
Way Too Human
Humans Gone Wild
Oh The Human-ity
Don S, gprace and aaronwt like this.
post #11 of 14 Old 02-19-2020, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

'Debris’: Norbert Leo Butz To Co-Star In NBC Sci-Fi Drama Pilot

EXCLUSIVE: Tony winner Norbert Leo Butz is set to co-star opposite Jonathan Tucker and Riann Steele in Debris, NBC’s sci-fi drama pilot from Almost Human creator J.H. Wyman and Legendary Television.

Written by Wyman, Debris is said to be in the vein of The X-Files and Men in Black. In it, two agents from two different continents and two different mindsets — CIA’s Bryan Beneventi (Tucker) and MI6’s Finola Jonesmust (Steele) — work together to investigate when wreckage from a destroyed alien spacecraft has mysterious effects on humankind.

Butz will play Craig Maddox, a CIA operative and Bryan’s handler who knows where all the bodies are buried.

Wyman executive produces the pilot through his Frequency Films alongside Jason Hoffs.

Butz is a two-time Tony winner, for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Catch Me If You Can. In TV, he co-starred on Netflix’s Bloodline and PBS’ Mercy Street. He recently played Paddy Chayefsky in the FX limited series Fosse/Verdon and did an arc on CBS’ Madam Secretary. Butz is repped by CAA and Elin Flack Management.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/debris-...ot-1202862802/

post #12 of 14 Old 02-19-2020, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1189 Post(s)
Liked: 1436
This sounds like something I would like. Here's hoping.
WilliamR likes this.
post #13 of 14 Old 06-23-2020, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Debris, from Legendary TV, was the first pilot to get a green light at NBC in January and was possibly the 2020 broadcast drama pilot with the most footage in the can before all Hollywood production shut down in mid-March. I hear the producers were able to edit together the material, complementing the actual footage with additional visuals somewhat in the vein of how The Blacklist completed its unfinished Episode 19 this season, which aired as a season finale.

The pilot was delivered to NBC to what I hear has been a positive reaction. It is now in consideration for a series pickup.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/nbc-5-p...ol-1202966829/
aaronwt likes this.

post #14 of 14 Old 06-29-2020, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

NBC Orders Sci-Fi Drama Series ‘Debris’ Starring Jonathan Tucker & Riann Steele

By Nellie Andreeva

NBC has given its first series order to a 2020 pilot, picking up sci-fi drama Debris, starring Jonathan Tucker and Riann Steele, from Almost Human creator J.H. Wyman, Legendary Television & Universal Television.

A series order had been expected for Debris, which had been in contention to get a pickup before the cast’s options were to expire tomorrow.

As Deadline reported, the project is believed to be the 2020 broadcast drama pilot with the most footage in the can before all Hollywood production shut down in mid-March. The producers were able to edit together the material, complementing the actual footage with additional visuals in the vein of how The Blacklist completed its unfinished episode. The finished product received a positive reaction at NBC, boosting the project’s series pickup chances.

Debris was one of two pilots NBC put on a series pickup track earlier this month. The other, drama La Brea, received a six-script order and will be in consideration for a straight-to-series order later this year.

Written by Wyman, Debris is said to be in the vein of The X-Files and Men In Black. In it, two agents, played by Steele and Tucker, from two different continents, and two different mindsets, must work together to investigate when wreckage from a destroyed alien spacecraft has mysterious effects on humankind.

Wyman executive produces through his Frequency Films alongside Jason Hoffs. Legendary and Universal Television co-produces with Frequency Films.

Before creating and executive producing Fox’s Almost Human, Wyman also created and exec produced Keen Eddie and executive produced Fringe.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/orders-...ry-1202972747/
aaronwt likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page