Allez Cuisine! The Super Bowl - What Are You Eating and Drinking Thread - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 01-22-2020, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 17,488
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7426 Post(s)
Liked: 16840
Allez Cuisine! The Super Bowl - What Are You Eating and Drinking Thread

Food, beverages, football and good times. Next stop Flavortown. BAM!

I recently bought an air fryer. Still trying to figure it out regarding temps and times. It's great for cooking up frozen mozzarella sticks. I tell the wife they're healthy. Air, woman. Air! *conk* rolling pin to the noggin lump.

What's everyone eating and drinking for the big game?

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 Old 01-22-2020, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 25,939
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6543 Post(s)
Liked: 7272
Last year, the SB pregame thread turned into a de-facto food thread. Lots of discussion about snacks, wings, pizza and general foodie stuff. Lots of discussion about sous-vide, as I recall. So it seemed to me that we could have re-purposed & re-titled that thread to be all about food. I even sent a PM to DrDon with that suggestion including my favorite new title: "AVS Bites". Or, the PG-13 version, "AVS Eats". Or something similar.

Never heard back from him, so I guess he didn't think too much of my idea. But why not? After all, there is a dedicated thread for libations called "Cruising the AVS Forum While Intoxicated" that has been around for a couple of decades. So why not one for food? Everybody isn't a football fan, but everybody likes food. Theoretically.
archiguy is online now  
post #3 of 48 Old 01-22-2020, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 17,488
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7426 Post(s)
Liked: 16840
I may have posted once or twice in the boozen n cruisen thread. It was a fun thread back in its heyday.

Edit: If folks don't like or care for the Super Bowl, but still want to talk HDR and food, the Doc can alway change the name of the thread to "4K Cookery, Comestible, Chow & Cheer." Or "AVS Subsistence, Sustenance and Support." Or something like that. Will be fun to have a place to talk about our favorite dishes whilst we watch/listen to our favorite shows/movies/music.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

Last edited by Waboman; 01-22-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Waboman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 48 Old 01-22-2020, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4952 Post(s)
Liked: 6702
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Last year, the SB pregame thread turned into a de-facto food thread. Lots of discussion about snacks, wings, pizza and general foodie stuff. Lots of discussion about sous-vide, as I recall. So it seemed to me that we could have re-purposed & re-titled that thread to be all about food. I even sent a PM to DrDon with that suggestion including my favorite new title: "AVS Bites". Or, the PG-13 version, "AVS Eats". Or something similar.

Never heard back from him, so I guess he didn't think too much of my idea. But why not? After all, there is a dedicated thread for libations called "Cruising the AVS Forum While Intoxicated" that has been around for a couple of decades. So why not one for food? Everybody isn't a football fan, but everybody likes food. Theoretically.


If you remember from back in the Oink days, we tried to get a "general" thread going for things like this, and the mods came back with a hard NO. We cruised and boozed the Movie sub forum pretty hard back then. Lots of warnings and suspensions too. Good times.
tenthplanet likes this.
Tack is online now  
post #5 of 48 Old 01-22-2020, 04:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 25,939
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6543 Post(s)
Liked: 7272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
If you remember from back in the Oink days, we tried to get a "general" thread going for things like this, and the mods came back with a hard NO. We cruised and boozed the Movie sub forum pretty hard back then. Lots of warnings and suspensions too. Good times.
[wistful]Yeah, I remember them days.[/wistful] The Movie forum was a lot of fun back then. I don't go over there much anymore, as I don't watch many movies anymore. TeeVee has just become too good, and there are only so many entertainment hours in the day.

But I still like to eat, and talk about the stuff I like to eat. So I don't really see the harm in having a thread dedicated to eating & stuff.
tenthplanet likes this.
archiguy is online now  
post #6 of 48 Old 01-22-2020, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4952 Post(s)
Liked: 6702
Well in that case, I haven't really thought about SB Sunday. I've been on a Tri Tip kick lately. I have come to the conclusion that it's a poor mans Ribeye. So versatile. If I'm short on time I can just slice thin little steaks out of it, salt and pepper them for a half hour, and sear them in a pan with a little grapeseed oil and it's delicious. Or cut it up into small pieces for Asada tacos. The key seems to be getting Angus or higher grades. The supermarket stuff isn't real great. Sams Club or Costco at minimum. A buddy of mine gets his at a meat market and pays a bunch but says it's ridiculously good. I want to get a Traeger or similar but I'm in research mode. The idea of a grill that I can fine tune the temp is intriguing.
Panson likes this.
Tack is online now  
post #7 of 48 Old 01-22-2020, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 17,488
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7426 Post(s)
Liked: 16840
I have a couple buddies who have Traegers. They're awesome.

Speaking of buddies, one of mine sent me this Reuben dip appetizer recipe. I like apps and I like Reubens. So like the mighty Van Hagar once said, it's the best of both worlds. I haven't made it yet, so can't vouch for it's awesomeness.

Reuben Dip

Prep 10 mins ∙ Cook 35 mins ∙ Makes 8 ∙ Difficulty Easy

Ingredients

8 ounces cooked corned beef, coarsely chopped
1 cup sauerkraut, coarsely chopped, rinsed and drained
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 cup thousand island dressing
rye bread, cocktail slices
pretzel stick, thick

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2 Mix corned beef, sauerkraut, cream cheese, Swiss cheese and dressing together in an oven proof dish.

3 Bake for 35 minutes or until hot.

4 Serve with the rye slices or pretzel sticks.
Gorilla Killa likes this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #8 of 48 Old 01-22-2020, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4952 Post(s)
Liked: 6702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I have a couple buddies who have Traegers. They're awesome.

Speaking of buddies, one of mine sent me this Reuben dip appetizer recipe. I like apps and I like Reubens. So like the mighty Van Hagar once said, it's the best of both worlds. I haven't made it yet, so can't vouch for it's awesomeness.

Reuben Dip

Prep 10 mins ∙ Cook 35 mins ∙ Makes 8 ∙ Difficulty Easy

Ingredients

8 ounces cooked corned beef, coarsely chopped
1 cup sauerkraut, coarsely chopped, rinsed and drained
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 cup thousand island dressing
rye bread, cocktail slices
pretzel stick, thick

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2 Mix corned beef, sauerkraut, cream cheese, Swiss cheese and dressing together in an oven proof dish.

3 Bake for 35 minutes or until hot.

4 Serve with the rye slices or pretzel sticks.

Yeah I'd get in line for that. Sheesus. Way too close to dinner time for me to read this.
Tack is online now  
post #9 of 48 Old 01-22-2020, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 34,626
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4304 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
[wistful]Yeah, I remember them days.[/wistful] The Movie forum was a lot of fun back then. I don't go over there much anymore, as I don't watch many movies anymore. TeeVee has just become too good, and there are only so many entertainment hours in the day.

But I still like to eat, and talk about the stuff I like to eat. So I don't really see the harm in having a thread dedicated to eating & stuff.
The below was one of the very best threads this forum has ever had, it still could be I suppose.

Time Machine
Keenan is online now  
post #10 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 25,939
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6543 Post(s)
Liked: 7272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
The below was one of the very best threads this forum has ever had, it still could be I suppose.

Time Machine
I think it's still active, but as I said above I don't visit the Movie sub-forum much anymore (that was its "home"). I know brother ADU was posting there a good bit, articles he found about astronomy, ancient aliens, etc. Real nerd stuff . Aliens made the last post in there a couple of years ago. It was a pic of a vegetable steamer.

It was a really great thread, and hopefully is still active. It could always be dug out of the archive if that's where it ended up and re-activated. Maybe we should create a subscription for it so when a new post appears, we'll know?
archiguy is online now  
post #11 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Marcus Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Baltimore City
Posts: 8,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 156
The Super Bowl is just an excuse for me to order a pizza.
tenthplanet and taxman48 like this.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Marcus Carr is offline  
post #12 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,942
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1015 Post(s)
Liked: 2515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Well in that case, I haven't really thought about SB Sunday. I've been on a Tri Tip kick lately. I have come to the conclusion that it's a poor mans Ribeye. So versatile. If I'm short on time I can just slice thin little steaks out of it, salt and pepper them for a half hour, and sear them in a pan with a little grapeseed oil and it's delicious. Or cut it up into small pieces for Asada tacos. The key seems to be getting Angus or higher grades. The supermarket stuff isn't real great. Sams Club or Costco at minimum. A buddy of mine gets his at a meat market and pays a bunch but says it's ridiculously good. I want to get a Traeger or similar but I'm in research mode. The idea of a grill that I can fine tune the temp is intriguing.
Amen to Costco chicken wings and beef tenderloin. Happy Super Bowl.
Tack likes this.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Panson is offline  
post #13 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 6,695
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1602 Post(s)
Liked: 1913
Problem with wings is the best ones (deep fried) are the worst for you... but man they are great when deep fried.


Since we have the deep fryer out... might as well fry some popcorn shrimp and calamari rings.


Throw some mozzarella sticks in there too and we're good to go!


archiguy and tenthplanet like this.

"we're still here!" "no days off" "yada, yada yada..."
replayrob is online now  
post #14 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 17,488
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7426 Post(s)
Liked: 16840
As a patron saint of the dips, this avocado salsa with fresh tomatillos and jalapeños is like green crack. So addictive. And in the world of dips, being of the non cream cheese/non sour cream base is relatively low cal. So you can eat more. Now where did I leave those chips...?

tenthplanet likes this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #15 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 25,939
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6543 Post(s)
Liked: 7272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I recently bought an air fryer. Still trying to figure it out regarding temps and times. It's great for cooking up frozen mozzarella sticks. I tell the wife they're healthy. Air, woman. Air! *conk* rolling pin to the noggin lump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Problem with wings is the best ones (deep fried) are the worst for you... but man they are great when deep fried.


Since we have the deep fryer out... might as well fry some popcorn shrimp and calamari rings.


Throw some mozzarella sticks in there too and we're good to go!
We succumbed to the hype & got an air fryer a few months ago, the Ninja AF XL. Played around with it a good bit for the first few weeks, then consigned it to the Island of Unwanted Toys. All air fryers are, basically, are teensy-tiny convection ovens with extremely limited capacity. French fries, where we thought it would shine, come out limp and useless, if they're not burned. Chicken wings are okay, but the capacity is so limited you're limited to feeding a couple people max. It is fast, though, so I guess you can keep cycling through until you get enough done. Or, just use your full-size convection oven and do them all at once, and just as fast.

But deep frying is still da' bomb. Accept no substitute. It works great for everything you want to fry. And if your oil is the right temperature, your food cooks fast & really doesn't absorb that much grease. So the negative health effects of deep fryers are, I think, overblown. And Rob's pics have made me super-hungry.
Tack likes this.
archiguy is online now  
post #16 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4952 Post(s)
Liked: 6702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
As a patron saint of the dips, this avocado salsa with fresh tomatillos and jalapeños is like green crack. So addictive. And in the world of dips, being of the non cream cheese/non sour cream base is relatively low cal. So you can eat more. Now where did I leave those chips...?

Spoiler!


Yeah some of these can be pretty good. I get this stuff sometimes. A little green El Yucateco hab sauce added will kick it up a notch for the endorphin chasers like me. It's "loose" so it slides down into any crevasses. Also surprisingly good as a salad dressing.


tenthplanet likes this.
Tack is online now  
post #17 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 34,626
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4304 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I think it's still active, but as I said above I don't visit the Movie sub-forum much anymore (that was its "home"). I know brother ADU was posting there a good bit, articles he found about astronomy, ancient aliens, etc. Real nerd stuff . Aliens made the last post in there a couple of years ago. It was a pic of a vegetable steamer.

It was a really great thread, and hopefully is still active. It could always be dug out of the archive if that's where it ended up and re-activated. Maybe we should create a subscription for it so when a new post appears, we'll know?
I'm still subscribed and you probably still are as well.
Keenan is online now  
post #18 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4952 Post(s)
Liked: 6702
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
We succumbed to the hype & got an air fryer a few months ago, the Ninja AF XL. Played around with it a good bit for the first few weeks, then consigned it to the Island of Unwanted Toys. All air fryers are, basically, are teensy-tiny convection ovens with extremely limited capacity. French fries, where we thought it would shine, come out limp and useless, if they're not burned. Chicken wings are okay, but the capacity is so limited you're limited to feeding a couple people max. It is fast, though, so I guess you can keep cycling through until you get enough done. Or, just use your full-size convection oven and do them all at once, and just as fast.

But deep frying is still da' bomb. Accept no substitute. It works great for everything you want to fry. And if your oil is the right temperature, your food cooks fast & really doesn't absorb that much grease. So the negative health effects of deep fryers are, I think, overblown. And Rob's pics have made me super-hungry.
I agree. Use some high quality peanut oil and I don't think it's much of a problem. I keep mine in the shed these days, that oil misty steam is pervasive. Kitchen cabinets don't like it.
archiguy likes this.
Tack is online now  
post #19 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Next in line for a coveted Red Button
Posts: 3,182
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Liked: 2289
Cream Cheese stuffed Jalapenos
Chicken Wings
Deep Fried Turkey
Wabo's Reuben Dip (just added) Im also buying Super Pretzels to go with
Guacomole Casero


I recently found out a retired Dr in my area raises Wagyu, went by and got a tour and tasting. Everything is preorder so atm Im hoping some fool doesn't show up and leaves me some scraps.

My doctor recently told me a nice portion of greens and 1 Chicken Tenderloin can be filling. I said, "um no. " Pry that Ribeye from my cold dead hands with the sheen of gristle on my face.
Tack likes this.

8hz ULF TR for the masses and the Cashless. Like a BOSS


If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them
Gorilla Killa is online now  
post #20 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4952 Post(s)
Liked: 6702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
Cream Cheese stuffed Jalapenos
Chicken Wings
Deep Fried Turkey
Wabo's Reuben Dip (just added) Im also buying Super Pretzels to go with
Guacomole Casero


I recently found out a retired Dr in my area raises Wagyu, went by and got a tour and tasting. Everything is preorder so atm Im hoping some fool doesn't show up and leaves me some scraps.

My doctor recently told me a nice portion of greens and 1 Chicken Tenderloin can be filling. I said, "um no. " Pry that Ribeye from my cold dead hands with the sheen of gristle on my face.



Tell him he accidentally recommended food that your food eats.


Tack is online now  
post #21 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Next in line for a coveted Red Button
Posts: 3,182
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Liked: 2289
It was a Mrs. Dr. and she seemed annoyed when i chuckled

8hz ULF TR for the masses and the Cashless. Like a BOSS


If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them
Gorilla Killa is online now  
post #22 of 48 Old 01-23-2020, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 17,488
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7426 Post(s)
Liked: 16840
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
We succumbed to the hype & got an air fryer a few months ago, the Ninja AF XL. Played around with it a good bit for the first few weeks, then consigned it to the Island of Unwanted Toys. All air fryers are, basically, are teensy-tiny convection ovens with extremely limited capacity. French fries, where we thought it would shine, come out limp and useless, if they're not burned. Chicken wings are okay, but the capacity is so limited you're limited to feeding a couple people max. It is fast, though, so I guess you can keep cycling through until you get enough done. Or, just use your full-size convection oven and do them all at once, and just as fast.

But deep frying is still da' bomb. Accept no substitute. It works great for everything you want to fry. And if your oil is the right temperature, your food cooks fast & really doesn't absorb that much grease. So the negative health effects of deep fryers are, I think, overblown. And Rob's pics have made me super-hungry.
I think I have the same air fryer. It's a Ninja something. I'm still in the it's a new toy phase. Basically I make mini corndogs for the kids.

There's nothing like going to your local pub and getting mozzarella sticks and/or cheese curds piping hot out of the oil. Washing them down with a cold IPA. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Yeah some of these can be pretty good. I get this stuff sometimes. A little green El Yucateco hab sauce added will kick it up a notch for the endorphin chasers like me. It's "loose" so it slides down into any crevasses. Also surprisingly good as a salad dressing.


Spoiler!
You had me at it slides down into any crevasses. Bet it's good on chips too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I agree. Use some high quality peanut oil and I don't think it's much of a problem. I keep mine in the shed these days, that oil misty steam is pervasive. Kitchen cabinets don't like it.
I deep fried a turkey once. Bought a brand new turkey fryer and all the stuff. The peanut oil cost more than the turkey and frying equipment. Lol. Used it once and sold it years later at a garage sale for pennies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
Cream Cheese stuffed Jalapenos
Chicken Wings
Deep Fried Turkey
Wabo's Reuben Dip (just added) Im also buying Super Pretzels to go with
Guacomole Casero


I recently found out a retired Dr in my area raises Wagyu, went by and got a tour and tasting. Everything is preorder so atm Im hoping some fool doesn't show up and leaves me some scraps.

My doctor recently told me a nice portion of greens and 1 Chicken Tenderloin can be filling. I said, "um no. " Pry that Ribeye from my cold dead hands with the sheen of gristle on my face.
Sounds like quite the spread, GK. What time should we arrive? Oh, and put me down for some Wagyu. Ron Swanson abides.
tenthplanet likes this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #23 of 48 Old 01-24-2020, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 6,695
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1602 Post(s)
Liked: 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
There's nothing like going to your local pub and getting mozzarella sticks and/or cheese curds piping hot out of the oil.
Yes! That right there says it all.


The best junkfood is the junkfood that someone else makes for you while you are relaxing to your favorite sports event




Back in the day (we're talking 1989 or so) a group of us Radio Shack nerds/employees from three different area stores would all meet at the local Ground Round for MNF and Wings during football season. We usually joined three tables together like a long banquet table and the wings and soda flowed freely for the next three hours or until they got tired of us and started spicing up the wings so much our lips couldn't take any more. Ahhhhh good times!
tenthplanet likes this.

"we're still here!" "no days off" "yada, yada yada..."
replayrob is online now  
post #24 of 48 Old 01-24-2020, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 17,488
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7426 Post(s)
Liked: 16840
After this cheese curd talk I decided I better do a test run before the big game. You know, make sure all the bugs are ironed out. Will probably need a few more test runs.

Curds and ale. You know that old children's tale. Step into my office. Happy Friday.

tenthplanet likes this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #25 of 48 Old 01-24-2020, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
Wacojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Here’s my blend for a classic snack before the hard stuff —

TRASH

1 ½ cups each Corn, Wheat, Rice Chex
1/2-cup peanuts
1/2 cup pistachio nuts (shelled)
5 Tbs. Butter (unsalted)
1½ Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 teas. Garlic powder
3/4 teas. Onion powder
1 teas. Seasoned salt
¼ teas. cayenne

Melt butter, add ingredients, coat Chex, peanuts & pistachios. Place in 250-degree oven on Teflon baking sheet for one hour, turning each 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy.

Last edited by Wacojoe; 01-26-2020 at 01:16 AM.
Wacojoe is offline  
post #26 of 48 Old 01-24-2020, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 25,939
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6543 Post(s)
Liked: 7272
Wabo's curds look like tater-tots to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I make a pretty tasty breakfast casserole with frozen 'tots.
archiguy is online now  
post #27 of 48 Old 01-25-2020, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 17,488
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7426 Post(s)
Liked: 16840
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Wabo's curds look like tater-tots to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I make a pretty tasty breakfast casserole with frozen 'tots.
Just reheated the leftovers in the air fryer for breakfast. Little golden pillows of love.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #28 of 48 Old 01-25-2020, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In the ATL
Posts: 5,603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1095
We keep it simple here at Chez Biskit - wings and celery/dressing with a side of fries. And beer. Good beer.
slowbiscuit is offline  
post #29 of 48 Old 01-25-2020, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
taxman48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,329
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Salsa and Scoops
Coors Light
Bud Light
Peroni ..
3ft Grilled Chicken Hero
3 ft. Italian Hero..


to be continued..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bar1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	2675860   Click image for larger version

Name:	bar2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	2675862   Click image for larger version

Name:	SB.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	2675868  
tenthplanet likes this.

taxman48 is offline  
post #30 of 48 Old 01-27-2020, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 11,477
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4952 Post(s)
Liked: 6702
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Salsa and Scoops
Coors Light
Bud Light
Peroni ..
3ft Grilled Chicken Hero
3 ft. Italian Hero..


to be continued..


I like Pironi a lot. I used to be able to get Moretti here too, but haven't seen it for a while.
tenthplanet likes this.
Tack is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off