post #31 of 496 Old 02-15-2020, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5743 Post(s)
Liked: 5256
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardennj View Post
Brady probably wouldn’t even consider unless it was guaranteed 2 yrs. He’s going where anyone will guarantee him 2 yrs and are already playoff contenders without him. Sadly, that’s not NE
Pats are not a playoff team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Wow... if it's guaranteed $$$, no way he's turning up his nose at that!

$60,000,000 buys a lot of seaweed
chump change...Gisele makes that with one Victoria's Secret fashion show
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 496 Old 02-15-2020, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Bears cut Floyd, Amukamara and Gabriel, free up cap space to get Castonzo at left tackle and Dalton (!) at QB. They draft Kmet at TE and Lewis at Edge and use later picks on OL prospects. They split their first two games with Trubisky under center and are getting pasted by Detroit when Dalton comes in after the half and Bears score 24 pts and Dalton starts the rest of a season that goes 13-3. Bears upset NO in the CC and go on to crush KC in SB, the defense holding KC to under 300 total yds and 10 pts. Robinson has 110 yds receiving and 3 TDs and is MVP. Mack picks up his own strip sack of Mahomes on the KC 8 yd line and rumbles into the end zone. Fuller has his own pick six. Montgomery rushes for 130 and a TD. Final: CHI 41, KC 10.

...it's a lovely, lovely dream....
post #33 of 496 Old 02-15-2020, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1749 Post(s)
Liked: 1452
SB LV

NY Jets 41
SF 49'ers 6

Gase takes chance on Jay Ajayi in off season.
SB LV MVP Jay Ajayi rushes for 250 yds.
bmcn likes this.

Time to be prepared. 100% percent or bust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 496 Old 02-17-2020, 02:50 PM

Peter King speculation: Brady will re-sign with the Pats...but if Brady does leave NE, Belichick would then trade for ex-Bengals QB Andy Dalton...Philip Rivers: Colts (but watch out for Carolina)...Cam Newton: Chargers
post #35 of 496 Old 02-17-2020, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
Peter King speculation: Brady will re-sign with the Pats...but if Brady does leave NE, Belichick would then trade for ex-Bengals QB Andy Dalton...Philip Rivers: Colts (but watch out for Carolina)...Cam Newton: Chargers
That’s why I stopped listening to King. Andy Dalton? Really?

Sony A1E OLED | Yamaha RX-A1060 | Sony UBP-X800 | ATV4k
B&W 684 S2 | HTM61 S2 | SVS SB12-NSD
post #36 of 496 Old 02-17-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandOG View Post
according to King: "He’s a quiet, intense, lunchpail Texan who makes no excuses. And Dalton would embrace the Patriot ethos"
oldcband likes this.
post #37 of 496 Old 02-17-2020, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3863 Post(s)
Liked: 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargent0628 View Post
Bears cut Floyd, Amukamara and Gabriel, free up cap space to get Castonzo at left tackle and Dalton (!) at QB. They draft Kmet at TE and Lewis at Edge and use later picks on OL prospects. They split their first two games with Trubisky under center and are getting pasted by Detroit when Dalton comes in after the half and Bears score 24 pts and Dalton starts the rest of a season that goes 13-3. Bears upset NO in the CC and go on to crush KC in SB, the defense holding KC to under 300 total yds and 10 pts. Robinson has 110 yds receiving and 3 TDs and is MVP. Mack picks up his own strip sack of Mahomes on the KC 8 yd line and rumbles into the end zone. Fuller has his own pick six. Montgomery rushes for 130 and a TD. Final: CHI 41, KC 10.

...it's a lovely, lovely dream....
Are you expecting the Bears defense to bounce back to elite status? I think '18 might have been the anomaly not the norm. Also, last time I checked Mahomes lit up the elite 49ers defense in the SB.

More than likely the Bears stick with Trub and end the season 9-7 with a first round playoff exit. The Lions will be good for two wins, because they are the worst franchise in the NFL.

Quote:
You could take an alternate view and believe that the Bengals have held him back from becoming a good QB. Do the names Ken Zampese, Bill Lazor and Hue Jackson strike fear in opposing defenses?

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #38 of 496 Old 02-17-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
Also, last time I checked Mahomes lit up the elite 49ers defense in the SB...
I didn't see it as Mahomes 'lighting up' the Bears defense...the Bears D completely shut down Mahomes and that passing attack for 90% of the game...it was only with ~6 minutes left in the 4th Qtr that Mahomes threw that long 3rd and 15 pass which started the miracle comeback...49ers D is elite and showed that in the Super Bowl...if Garoppolo connects on that long throw to Emmanuel Sanders in the 4th Qtr then we're looking at a completely different story

I'm happy for Andy Reid but the reality is that the Chiefs played a bunch of bad teams in the AFC playoffs (and still found themselves down by double digits in each game)...they really should have lost the Super Bowl as well...I think people need to slow down talk of a Chiefs dynasty...I would rank Baltimore and New England ahead of them going into the 2020 season
post #39 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 03:55 AM

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Are you expecting the Bears defense to bounce back to elite status? I think '18 might have been the anomaly not the norm. Also, last time I checked Mahomes lit up the elite 49ers defense in the SB.

More than likely the Bears stick with Trub and end the season 9-7 with a first round playoff exit. The Lions will be good for two wins, because they are the worst franchise in the NFL.

You could take an alternate view and believe that the Bengals have held him back from becoming a good QB. Do the names Ken Zampese, Bill Lazor and Hue Jackson strike fear in opposing defenses?
Bears D ranked 8th overall in '19, with Hicks out for most of the season, which definitely impacted Mack. They have decisions to make on defense--who to cut, who to keep at linebacker, corner and safety. Ha-Ha is probably gone, and if so they need to sign a true strong safety so that Jackson can go back to roaming the secondary and ball hawking. Floyd has never played up to his draft status or his salary--cut him and find a compliment to Mack.

I think the Bears definitely bring in competition for Trubisky. I happen to think Dalton would be a great signing. He's got history with the new offensive coaching personnel. And he can actually read a defense...and is accurate on the timing routes. I'm still rooting for Trubisky, but he's on a very short leash.
post #40 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I didn't see it as Mahomes 'lighting up' the Bears defense...the Bears D completely shut down Mahomes and that passing attack for 90% of the game...it was only with ~6 minutes left in the 4th Qtr that Mahomes threw that long 3rd and 15 pass which started the miracle comeback...49ers D is elite and showed that in the Super Bowl...if Garoppolo connects on that long throw to Emmanuel Sanders in the 4th Qtr then we're looking at a completely different story

I'm happy for Andy Reid but the reality is that the Chiefs played a bunch of bad teams in the AFC playoffs (and still found themselves down by double digits in each game)...they really should have lost the Super Bowl as well...I think people need to slow down talk of a Chiefs dynasty...I would rank Baltimore and New England ahead of them going into the 2020 season
Fair point, but when it counted they scored.

I would agree that Baltimore is probably their best competition depending on if (big if) Ben and Tom return to form. Houston or Buffalo could make some noise as well, but probably not.

post #41 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1633 Post(s)
Liked: 1921
Quote:
if Brady and Belichick divorce I'd put my $$ on Hoodie getting another ring before Brady
Probably neither get another one unless Brady goes somewhere that is pretty near perfect. But that's not much of a bet given Brady's age.

"Don't blame me -- I voted for Kodos." Homer Simpson
post #42 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 2537 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
im still betting Brady is back with the Pats..I just cant see a better scenario for either party involved.
archiguy, Tack and TitusTroy like this.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 4 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual Eminence NSW 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP
post #43 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 6727 Post(s)
Liked: 7574
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsmith013 View Post
im still betting Brady is back with the Pats..I just cant see a better scenario for either party involved.
Yep. He ain't leaving. I mean, anything is possible, but it really doesn't make much sense for either him or the club. Even at 80% of what he was, he's still a better option than 80% of the other QB's out there. But they do have to bring in a viable understudy soon. Like this year soon.

Not that I wish them any more success. Don't get me wrong. Any year the Pats don't get to the SB is a good year.
Nayan and longhorn23 like this.
post #44 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1625 Post(s)
Liked: 1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Any year the Pats don't get to the SB is a good year.

Best post EVER!

Do you mind if I use that for my sig Arch?

"Any year the Pats don't get to the SB is a good year"
post #45 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Any year the Pats don't get to the SB is a good year.
I normally hate these dynastic type of teams- Lakers, Yankees, Jordan's Bulls etc...but I actually appreciate the Patriots dynasty...even as a Jets fan I realize that Hoodie is a genius coach...add to that he's also a genius GM...he knows when to cut players, when to re-sign them...he is a great leader of men...most dynasties are based on the skills of one major superstar- Jordan, Magic, Bird etc...but the Pats have built several teams with different styles and although Brady has been the constant I don't think he's the main reason for their success

Hoodie makes every player play up to their potential...they know their role within the system...they don't just sign or trade for the best player in the league year in and year out which is what these other dynasty teams usually do (Lakers!)...same reason I like the Warriors- they built their dynasty from within with great draft picks
Tack, daryl zero and RolandOG like this.
post #46 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You would think that would be the case but the reporting, whether its true or not, is that Brady wants to be paid full value which will never happen and that the two sides haven't even spoken. Although there still is about a month before free agency, if those two things are correct, I'm not sure Brady will be back.

post #47 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 03:38 PM

Ex-Panthers TE Greg Olsen signs one-year deal with Seahawks

When Greg Olsen and the Carolina Panthers parted ways, it seemed like his next move would be to the broadcast booth...a job as a color analyst will have to wait, because the Seattle Seahawks think Olsen still has at least one more productive season left...the Seahawks signed Olsen to a one-year, $7 million deal with $5.5 million guaranteed...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...96816629604354

hopefully Olsen still has something left in the tank...if so it's a nice pickup by the Seahawks!
archiguy and Nayan like this.
post #48 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
according to King: "He’s a quiet, intense, lunchpail Texan who makes no excuses. And Dalton would embrace the Patriot ethos"
All pre-requisites for a Belichick player but after that it comes down to skills and decision making. Dalton has never impressed me in those areas, but to be fair it’s not like I’ve seen of ton of his games.

Quote:
I COULD take an alternate view, and I’m sure the Bengals have held a lot of players back.

As others have said, it makes no sense for Brady not to re-sign with the Pats. I can’t think of another team that would give him a better chance to win one more ring. The wildcard is if he’s well and truly fed up with Belichick. If that’s the case then he’s gone unless Gisele puts her foot down.

post #49 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
All pre-requisites for a Belichick player but after that it comes down to skills and decision making. Dalton has never impressed me in those areas, but to be fair it’s not like I’ve seen of ton of his games.

I COULD take an alternate view, and I’m sure the Bengals have held a lot of players back.

As others have said, it makes no sense for Brady not to re-sign with the Pats. I can’t think of another team that would give him a better chance to win one more ring. The wildcard is if he’s well and truly fed up with Belichick. If that’s the case then he’s gone unless Gisele puts her foot down.
Who is Corey Dillon? The answer to the question of which Bengal went to the Pats and had a great year. He declined sharply after that because he was well past the 1800 carry mark when RB production takes a sharp turn.

As for Tom and Bill, I think it is as simple as if each one believes he can win another championship with one another. I think Bill probably believes he might have one more year and could go with Tom as a bridge to Trevor. Yes, I can see BB somehow acquiring Trevor in the draft next year.

Tom on the other hand has to be aware that his production dropped. While his offensive weapons were nil, he did have the best defense in the league to lean on. Of the top ten defenses in the league last year only Tampa and Chicago have possible openings. I don't think he is a fit in either offense.

post #50 of 496 Old 02-18-2020, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Who is Corey Dillon? The answer to the question of which Bengal went to the Pats and had a great year. He declined sharply after that because he was well past the 1800 carry mark when RB production takes a sharp turn.

As for Tom and Bill, I think it is as simple as if each one believes he can win another championship with one another. I think Bill probably believes he might have one more year and could go with Tom as a bridge to Trevor. Yes, I can see BB somehow acquiring Trevor in the draft next year.

Tom on the other hand has to be aware that his production dropped. While his offensive weapons were nil, he did have the best defense in the league to lean on. Of the top ten defenses in the league last year only Tampa and Chicago have possible openings. I don't think he is a fit in either offense.
Big fan of Dillon but I think that most people believed he was a great player while on the Bengals. Do people really think Dalton is a great player? Maybe I’m being too critical. Probably. Just not a fan of his.

If Belichick manages to draft or trade for a top-flight QB it’ll piss off a lot of people waiting for the Pats to drop back to ‘also-ran’s’. Give him a great defense and a top QB and he can keep the Pats in contention most years.

post #51 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1749 Post(s)
Liked: 1452
Go Jets!

Any news on pick six Tommie?
bmcn likes this.

Time to be prepared. 100% percent or bust.
post #52 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Big fan of Dillon but I think that most people believed he was a great player while on the Bengals. Do people really think Dalton is a great player? Maybe I’m being too critical. Probably. Just not a fan of his.

If Belichick manages to draft or trade for a top-flight QB it’ll piss off a lot of people waiting for the Pats to drop back to ‘also-ran’s’. Give him a great defense and a top QB and he can keep the Pats in contention most years.
Dillon was already considered one of the top backs, but BB got his best season out of him.

It will be hard to get Trevor, because he will be the first pick next year. They will be competing with the perennially bad franchises like Detroit and the Ohio teams plus those teams like the Saints that have an immediate need. Bill might want to trade some picks this year for next in anticipation like the Dolphins did last year.

Another Pats option might be to let Tom walk this year. Detroit is so stupid that they are talking about trading Stafford and keeping Tua. It actually isn't a bad idea, but the Lions are so dumb like Cincy that they will probably ruin him. Remember overrated Patricia is with the Lions.

post #53 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 01:13 PM

first the Dolphins were tanking for Tua...then they weren't tanking anymore...now they have the 5th pick in the upcoming draft and they might get Tua anyway...life works in mysterious ways...

Justin Herbert is going to be a steal...I'm hearing the Chargers might take him with the 6th pick...guy has elite arm strength, accuracy, high NFL IQ, athleticism
chadsmith013 likes this.
post #54 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 6727 Post(s)
Liked: 7574
Quote:
Ex-Panthers TE Greg Olsen signs one-year deal with Seahawks

When Greg Olsen and the Carolina Panthers parted ways, it seemed like his next move would be to the broadcast booth...a job as a color analyst will have to wait, because the Seattle Seahawks think Olsen still has at least one more productive season left...the Seahawks signed Olsen to a one-year, $7 million deal with $5.5 million guaranteed...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...96816629604354

hopefully Olsen still has something left in the tank...if so it's a nice pickup by the Seahawks!
So the Norwegian Nightmare™ is heading up to the Pacific Northwest, eh? Well, the climate up there will probably suit him better.

Everyone around here thought he was going to slide into the booth this fall, seeing as how he's already had his tryout and the networks were apparently impressed. Guess he's still got a little 'ball left in him. But as a longtime fan of his, I sure hope he doesn't get another concussion. It drove his buddy Luke out of the game, and Greg would be wise to follow suit, IMO. He's had a great career; nothing left to prove.
Tack and TitusTroy like this.
post #55 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
first the Dolphins were tanking for Tua...then they weren't tanking anymore...now they have the 5th pick in the upcoming draft and they might get Tua anyway...life works in mysterious ways...

Justin Herbert is going to be a steal...I'm hearing the Chargers might take him with the 6th pick...guy has elite arm strength, accuracy, high NFL IQ, athleticism
Unless the Dolphins take Herbert at #5 .

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...240357851.html
"Firstly, the club’s view of Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is not of a slam-dunk pick near the top the draft. At least not yet. The Dolphins will go through the process of vetting Tagovailoa at the Combine and beyond, as other teams will, before deciding if he’s worth the No. 5 overall selection, which Miami holds in the first round of the April draft.

Secondly, the club has an increasingly positive view of Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert."
post #56 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 2537 Post(s)
Liked: 2585
Quote:

i keeo hearing the Lions taking Tua at 3.

but on the same hand..i think everything we hear now will be a lie.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 4 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual Eminence NSW 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP
post #57 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
So the Norwegian Nightmare™ is heading up to the Pacific Northwest, eh? Well, the climate up there will probably suit him better.

Everyone around here thought he was going to slide into the booth this fall, seeing as how he's already had his tryout and the networks were apparently impressed. Guess he's still got a little 'ball left in him. But as a longtime fan of his, I sure hope he doesn't get another concussion. It drove his buddy Luke out of the game, and Greg would be wise to follow suit, IMO. He's had a great career; nothing left to prove.
He looks more like a natural in Minny.

What did you get out of him like a decade? Chicago with one of the dumber trades they have made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post
Unless the Dolphins take Herbert at #5 .

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...240357851.html
"Firstly, the club’s view of Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is not of a slam-dunk pick near the top the draft. At least not yet. The Dolphins will go through the process of vetting Tagovailoa at the Combine and beyond, as other teams will, before deciding if he’s worth the No. 5 overall selection, which Miami holds in the first round of the April draft.

Secondly, the club has an increasingly positive view of Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert."
I hope not. Beating up on the bad teams isn't hard, but a QB needs to raise his game for the good teams.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-landi...p-quarterbacks
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-model...2020-nfl-draft

Tua is the guy that Chad and me want. Period. Tua basically lost one game in his college career. I realize that was only about 23 games, but he stepped up when it mattered. If no Tua or Burreaux, then I would rather see Miami get the best player available. They could go after Trevor in next years draft. Better to wait then waste a pick on an average QB.
chadsmith013 likes this.

post #58 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
i keeo hearing the Lions taking Tua at 3.

but on the same hand..i think everything we hear now will be a lie.

they were talking about thia on espn’s golic and wingi the other day. they said the dolphins were rumored to be “trading up” to get tua.

i think tua is a liability with that injury he had this year. hate to see my fish give him a contract and get burned like they did with tannebum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nayan likes this.

LG 55C8, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503, Panamax M5400, Microsoft Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro
Definitive Technology: BP9060 Front left/right/CS9040 center/A90 front Atmos/ProMonitor 800 rear Atmos/Mirage: MX bookshelves rear left/right
Rythmik FVX15
post #59 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Since I am a Cincinnati "fan," I was well aware of Corey Dillon as well as James Brooks, Ickey Woods, Archie Griffin and Cedric Benson.
Dalton raised Cincinnati's level from crapola team to mediocre team so he is owed a debt of thanks because he was definitely part of the reason Cincinnati was completely horrible. However, he is a middling qb and the Bengals aren't going to be anything but a middling team until they upgrade that position. Cincinnati has had chances in the past and blown the 1st pick. They have a good chance this year to get a good long term qb and so they hopefully won't blow this draft.

Back in the day, Cincinnati used to have really good qbs such as Kenny Anderson and Boomer Esiason. They had some great shoot outs with Dan Fouts and SD.
Tack likes this.

post #60 of 496 Old 02-19-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Dalton raised Cincinnati's level from crapola team to mediocre team so he is owed a debt of thanks because he was definitely part of the reason Cincinnati was completely horrible. However, he is a middling qb and the Bengals aren't going to be anything but a middling team until they upgrade that position. Cincinnati has had chances in the past and blown the 1st pick. They have a good chance this year to get a good long term qb and so they hopefully won't blow this draft.

Back in the day, Cincinnati used to have really good qbs such as Kenny Anderson and Boomer Esiason. They had some great shoot outs with Dan Fouts and SD.
the Bengals did have a good QB in Carson Palmer...they were a team on the rise before Palmer blew out his knee in that playoff game against the Steelers...they also didn't know how good they had it with Marvin Lewis...he might not have won them a playoff game but he made them a consistent playoff team
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page