AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 NFL Thread

134K views 5K replies 102 participants last post by  DrDon 
#1 ·
Time for hopes and dreams for the coming 2020 season. Best of luck to you and your team.

#5 ·
Hopefully we will get more games in 4K !!

Hopefully disney will do MNF in 4k since they have been testing other games in 4k now

And I love the new fox sports graphics :)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: longhorn23
#10 ·
everyone leave their opening thread superbowl picks..

AFC - KC
NFC - Saints (provided brees comes back)

winner KC

#16 ·
At lunch today the TVs all had various sports shows. The one we were watching had a scroll on the bottom of all the NFL teams and their Vegas odds to win the SB. The worst team (the longest odds according to Vegas) is the Redskins. Not the Bengals. Although the Bengals are right behind them. Are the Skins really that bad? Lol.

#32 ·
Bears cut Floyd, Amukamara and Gabriel, free up cap space to get Castonzo at left tackle and Dalton (!) at QB. They draft Kmet at TE and Lewis at Edge and use later picks on OL prospects. They split their first two games with Trubisky under center and are getting pasted by Detroit when Dalton comes in after the half and Bears score 24 pts and Dalton starts the rest of a season that goes 13-3. Bears upset NO in the CC and go on to crush KC in SB, the defense holding KC to under 300 total yds and 10 pts. Robinson has 110 yds receiving and 3 TDs and is MVP. Mack picks up his own strip sack of Mahomes on the KC 8 yd line and rumbles into the end zone. Fuller has his own pick six. Montgomery rushes for 130 and a TD. Final: CHI 41, KC 10.

...it's a lovely, lovely dream....

#37 ·
Are you expecting the Bears defense to bounce back to elite status? I think '18 might have been the anomaly not the norm. Also, last time I checked Mahomes lit up the elite 49ers defense in the SB.

More than likely the Bears stick with Trub and end the season 9-7 with a first round playoff exit. The Lions will be good for two wins, because they are the worst franchise in the NFL.

That’s why I stopped listening to King. Andy Dalton? Really?
You could take an alternate view and believe that the Bengals have held him back from becoming a good QB. Do the names Ken Zampese, Bill Lazor and Hue Jackson strike fear in opposing defenses?;)

#42 ·
im still betting Brady is back with the Pats..I just cant see a better scenario for either party involved.

#43 ·
Yep. He ain't leaving. I mean, anything is possible, but it really doesn't make much sense for either him or the club. Even at 80% of what he was, he's still a better option than 80% of the other QB's out there. But they do have to bring in a viable understudy soon. Like this year soon.

Not that I wish them any more success. Don't get me wrong. Any year the Pats don't get to the SB is a good year. :p

#47 ·
Ex-Panthers TE Greg Olsen signs one-year deal with Seahawks

When Greg Olsen and the Carolina Panthers parted ways, it seemed like his next move would be to the broadcast booth...a job as a color analyst will have to wait, because the Seattle Seahawks think Olsen still has at least one more productive season left...the Seahawks signed Olsen to a one-year, $7 million deal with $5.5 million guaranteed...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1229896816629604354

hopefully Olsen still has something left in the tank...if so it's a nice pickup by the Seahawks!

#54 ·
So the Norwegian Nightmare™ is heading up to the Pacific Northwest, eh? Well, the climate up there will probably suit him better. :p

Everyone around here thought he was going to slide into the booth this fall, seeing as how he's already had his tryout and the networks were apparently impressed. Guess he's still got a little 'ball left in him. But as a longtime fan of his, I sure hope he doesn't get another concussion. It drove his buddy Luke out of the game, and Greg would be wise to follow suit, IMO. He's had a great career; nothing left to prove.

#53 ·
first the Dolphins were tanking for Tua...then they weren't tanking anymore...now they have the 5th pick in the upcoming draft and they might get Tua anyway...life works in mysterious ways...

Justin Herbert is going to be a steal...I'm hearing the Chargers might take him with the 6th pick...guy has elite arm strength, accuracy, high NFL IQ, athleticism

#55 ·
Unless the Dolphins take Herbert at #5 .

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article240357851.html
"Firstly, the club’s view of Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is not of a slam-dunk pick near the top the draft. At least not yet. The Dolphins will go through the process of vetting Tagovailoa at the Combine and beyond, as other teams will, before deciding if he’s worth the No. 5 overall selection, which Miami holds in the first round of the April draft.

Secondly, the club has an increasingly positive view of Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert."

#62 ·
More playoff teams expected under new NFL CBA

According to an ESPN report, a new collective bargaining agreement, expected to be finished in the next week, would bring changes to the league’s postseason format in 2020...instead of the current six teams per conference making the playoffs — with two earning first-round byes — the proposed update from the owners’ side would see seven teams from each conference make it, with only one receiving a week off

Wild-card weekend would feature six games, with three apiece on Saturday and Sunday...the Steelers and Rams, who just missed out on the 2019 festivities, would have played at least one more weekend under the new format...the biggest hurdle in completing the new work agreement is getting the players to agree to a 17-game schedule, which wouldn’t kick in until at least 2021...the preseason would also be shortened from four games to three...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28739375/more-playoff-teams-expected-new-nfl-cba-sources-say

#64 ·
I like the playoff proposal, as it could make more late season games interesting with another playoff spot on the line and only one team getting the bye.

The 17th regular season game makes no sense to me. The regular season schedule format is perfect right now and unless the 17th game is to be a neutral site game, most likely in another country, there will be an unfair imbalance of home and away games. Either way it is not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.