Most Dangerous Game on Quibi Starring Liam Hemsworth - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 03-24-2020, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2157 Post(s)
Liked: 2933
Most Dangerous Game on Quibi Starring Liam Hemsworth

‘Most Dangerous Game’ Trailer: Liam Hemsworth & Christoph Waltz In “A Hunt To Kill” On Quibi

Let the games begin. Quibi has released the official trailer for Most Dangerous Game, its upcoming dystopian action-thriller starring Liam Hemsworth and Christoph Waltz.

Desperate to take care of his pregnant wife before a terminal illness can take his life, Dodge Tynes (Liam Hemsworth) accepts an offer to participate in a deadly game where he’s the prey. The series, from Scorpion creator Nick Santora, Gordon Gray, Silver Reel Pictures and CBS Television Studios, explores the limits of how far someone would go to fight for their life and their family.
Waltz plays Miles Seller. Cast also includes Sarah Gadon, Zach Cherry, Aaron Poole, Christopher Webster, Billy Burke and Natasha Bordizzo.

Santora will write and executive produce the series. Emmy-nominated director Phil Abraham (Mad Men) will direct and also executive produce. Gray and Silver Reel Pictures also executive produce. CBS TV Studios produces for Quibi.

Most Dangerous Game is one of Quibi’s “Movies in Chapters” and will debut on Quibi on April 6.

https://deadline.com/video/most-dang...kill-on-quibi/

Official Trailer:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-24-2020, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

I am really unsure how this Quibi is going to come across. So a series is 10 minute episodes. Not sure how this movie will work then, is it full length and you come back when you want? Weird format.

post #3 of 11 Old 03-24-2020, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1784 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
The hell is Quibi ??!!

Do we really need yet another streaming platform?

And can someone tell them that quick bites are what you have when watching a movie, not the bloody movie itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-24-2020, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 7531 Post(s)
Liked: 17143
I thought Quibi's gimmick is vertical programming made for phones. That trailer is horizontal/landscape mode. I'm so confused I think I'll just pass. I'm definitely not Quibi's demographic.

post #5 of 11 Old 03-25-2020, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I thought Quibi's gimmick is vertical programming made for phones. That trailer is horizontal/landscape mode. I'm so confused I think I'll just pass. I'm definitely not Quibi's demographic.
I know, I saw the cast and the concept and I was like oh cool, could be a good movie. Then I saw Quibi and I was like what the heck, how will this work?

post #6 of 11 Old 03-25-2020, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
The hell is Quibi ??!!

Do we really need yet another streaming platform?

And can someone tell them that quick bites are what you have when watching a movie, not the bloody movie itself.
Mobile only format, their TV show episodes are only 10 minutes long. They want people to be able to watch one while on a break, subway, etc.

post #7 of 11 Old 03-25-2020, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 5022 Post(s)
Liked: 6841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
One of the most irritating commercials I've ever seen/heard too.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-25-2020, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 6727 Post(s)
Liked: 7574
This is going to be huge. It will appeal to short-attention-span millennials. I'm guessing Quibi probably has a paid subscription as well as a commercial tier, like most other content services. Not really my thing, but I can see this being a successful business model. To be honest, I'm surprised nobody's tried it before.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-26-2020, 11:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 2775 Post(s)
Liked: 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
This is going to be huge. It will appeal to short-attention-span millennials. I'm guessing Quibi probably has a paid subscription as well as a commercial tier, like most other content services. Not really my thing, but I can see this being a successful business model. To be honest, I'm surprised nobody's tried it before.

Isn't this concept basically just youtube? Well, I mean, youtube's model ... short snippets of whatever?

If it's free and the model is based on commercials, or some sort of really super cheap subscription, I guess it could work. But personally I'm not keen on the idea of watching a show or film in 10 min. snippets. If something is worth watching, I'm also not going to watch it on a small 5-6" screen either. I'd think even those with short attention spans would rather watch on a big screen TV if it's halfway decent. And then there would be no point to cutting it up into small snippets if going to watch on a TV.

Sort of a catch 22 of ... if the content is good, why bother with tiny bite-size snippets instead of proper length episodes? And if it stinks, why bother at all?

Last edited by Doe Doe; 03-26-2020 at 11:51 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-27-2020, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 6727 Post(s)
Liked: 7574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe Doe View Post
If it's free and the model is based on commercials, or some sort of really super cheap subscription, I guess it could work. But personally I'm not keen on the idea of watching a show or film in 10 min. snippets. If something is worth watching, I'm also not going to watch it on a small 5-6" screen either. I'd think even those with short attention spans would rather watch on a big screen TV if it's halfway decent. And then there would be no point to cutting it up into small snippets if going to watch on a TV.
You must not know many millennials. They basically live on their phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe Doe
Sort of a catch 22 of ... if the content is good, why bother with tiny bite-size snippets instead of proper length episodes? And if it stinks, why bother at all?
In a word, money. This is a niche that nobody has really tapped into yet, AFAIK. Thus, it's ripe for exploitation. If it's successful, expect a hoard of copycats, another run on Hollywood talent, and we'll enter the era of "Peak Phone Size TV".
post #11 of 11 Old 03-27-2020, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
In a word, money. This is a niche that nobody has really tapped into yet, AFAIK. Thus, it's ripe for exploitation. If it's successful, expect a hoard of copycats, another run on Hollywood talent, and we'll enter the era of "Peak Phone Size TV".
Money is right. Quibi wants $5! per mo with commercials and $8 per mo without commercials. No!

Peacock, Crackle, and YouTube are the only ones that understand that a service should be free with commercials. I could understand $3/mo max with commercials. But, $5/mo for YouTube with professional clips is too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page