• 1 Post By WilliamR

post #1 of 17 Old 05-08-2020, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked: 3461
Upload Series on Amazon

Just started but renewed for season 2 already.

‘Upload’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon

Just a week after its season 1 premiere, Amazon Studios has ordered a second season of sci-fi comedy series Upload, from The Office creator Greg Daniels. Season 2 will exclusively stream on Amazon Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.

“In Upload, Greg Daniels delivered a smart, cinematic comedy crackling with intrigue and it has clearly delighted our customers who have spent a lot of time in Lakeview this past week,” said Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios, “We know our global fans want to see the next chapter with Nathan and Nora so we are greenlighting Season Two and are excited that Greg’s passion project has found such a devoted audience.”

Upload is executive produced by Daniels, along with Howard Klein.

“I am thrilled to continue a great relationship with Amazon Studios and this wonderful cast and find out what happens next to Nora and Nathan and Ingrid and their 2033 world,” said Daniels. “With this news I can stop drawing my season 2 flip book.”

Created by Daniels, Upload , starring Robbie Amell, Allegra Edwards and Andy Allo, takes place in the near future, where people can be “uploaded” into a virtual afterlife of their choice. The series follows a young app developer, Nathan Brown (Amell), who winds up in the hospital following a self-driving car accident, needing to quickly decide his fate. After a rushed deliberation with his shallow girlfriend Ingrid (Edwards), he chooses to be uploaded to her family’s luxurious virtual afterlife, the Horizen company’s “Lakeview.” Once uploaded in Lakeview, Nathan meets his customer service “Angel” Nora Anthony (Allo), who at first is his charismatic concierge and guide, but quickly becomes his friend and confidante, helping him navigate this new digital extension of life.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/upload-...ls-1202929763/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-08-2020, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Trailer:

post #3 of 17 Old 05-08-2020, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 5332 Post(s)
Liked: 4435
First season was fun. I enjoyed it.
Don S, mrvideo, blade005 and 1 others like this.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whomever they may be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 05-08-2020, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 824
I enjoyed this as well. Glad to see there will be season 2. It was funny at times as well. Fun stuff.
JimProuty likes this.
post #5 of 17 Old 05-08-2020, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2253 Post(s)
Liked: 2424
I watched the first episode last night and I'm definitely in.
post #6 of 17 Old 05-09-2020, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 102
This was a pretty good first season. Felt like a funny version of Black Mirror.
PannyMann likes this.
post #7 of 17 Old 05-11-2020, 04:01 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Liked: 1105
Yes, great series. Glad that will indeed be a season. It would have sucked to end on that cliffhanger.

"VCR was in the closet. Still works. Can't get the clock to stop blinking, though."
Angela - Animal Kingdom - 7/16/19
My 2017 Total Solar Eclipse Photos
My Nov 2019 Northern Ireland Game of Thrones Tour
post #8 of 17 Old 05-12-2020, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Funny, quirky with a smokin hot GF, who is too into self to be worth it.

I really enjoyed the whole season. The odd stuff was really hilarious and....

Spoiler!

I think, therefore I am single.
post #9 of 17 Old 05-12-2020, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Liked: 7643
I really enjoyed this show and look forward to season 2.

For anyone who doesn't know, the main female lead, Andy Allo, is also a music artist and was sort of a protege of Prince.

Zookster likes this.
post #10 of 17 Old 05-12-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PannyMann View Post
That actress, Allegra Edwards, was also on Briarpatch this season.
Zookster likes this.

Josh Z

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whomever they may be.
post #11 of 17 Old 05-21-2020, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2253 Post(s)
Liked: 2424
Finished this last night, and it was a very nice surprise. Amazon shows of a sci-fi/fantasy nature tend to be hit and miss, which makes it easy to overlook a show like this that arrives with little fanfare.

Obviously the tech premise of the show was pretty farfetched to begin with, but the only real problems I had with the show were the inconsistencies involving how the angels and other real people interacted with the Uploads in Lakeview. Sometimes they needed a special suit or gloves and then other times not, like when that one angel ...
Spoiler!

Another big reach was in the final episode when Nathan . . .
Spoiler!

In spite of that, this show was a light refreshing break from the kinds of shows I tend to watch, and I thought the comedy aspect was well done, not overdoing it or pushing things too far or running bits into the ground.
Don S, PannyMann and Aliens like this.
post #12 of 17 Old 05-21-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
Obviously the tech premise of the show was pretty farfetched to begin with, but the only real problems I had with the show were the inconsistencies involving how the angels and other real people interacted with the Uploads in Lakeview. Sometimes they needed a special suit or gloves and then other times not, like when that one angel ...
Spoiler!
I believe the special suit and gloves were needed if the living person wanted to have physical interaction with an Upload and be able to feel them. If they're just poking in for a look around, only the goggles are necessary.
Zookster and blade005 like this.

Josh Z

post #13 of 17 Old 05-24-2020, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Relationship Goals in Upload - Cutest Nathan and Nora Scene

post #14 of 17 Old 05-29-2020, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mouthwatering Food of the Digital Afterlife

post #15 of 17 Old 06-03-2020, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2555 Post(s)
Liked: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by PannyMann View Post
She is hot, and as you say, too superficial, which is why I'm drawn to Andy Allo. She's a real cutie.

Five episodes in and really liking this. Interesting lighting and coloring techniques in the Upload world compared to the 'real' world. A clear separation between the two worlds.
SuperFist likes this.
post #16 of 17 Old 06-03-2020, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
She is hot, and as you say, too superficial, which is why I'm drawn to Andy Allo. She's a real cutie.

Five episodes in and really liking this. Interesting lighting and coloring techniques in the Upload world compared to the 'real' world. A clear separation between the two worlds.
Andy Allo's character has this simultaneously soft, sweet, sexy-yet-wholesome thing going that's totally heart-melting.

I can't help but notice the high level of production values incorporated in pretty much everything Amazon puts out these days. If you want to enjoy that in a really entertaining way, check out Zero Zero Zero. Way different kind of production, but the expansive story-line and frequently stunning (to my eye) cinematography is certainly a top level diversion.

I think, therefore I am single.
post #17 of 17 Old 06-30-2020, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

‘Upload’ Creator Greg Daniels, Robbie Amell & Cast Of The Near Future Comedy On “Weird Timeliness” To 2020 – Deadline Virtual House

By Dominic Patten

“Definitely a feeling of weird timeliness to it,” state Upload creator Greg Daniels on the connection the 2033-set Amazon series has prophetically proven to have to our times, in good and bad ways.

“We shot that in 2018 January, when we shot the pilot, so it was just the costume designer’s anticipation of what people would be wearing in the future cause the air quality would be bad” the EP explained of a scene from the first episode of the Robbie Amell-led comedy that depicted people protected by face masks when they ventured outside. “Weird things like that keep happening on this show,” Daniels added – as you can see in the video above.

Certainly no one likely ever anticipated debuting during a global pandemic like the coronavirus, yet Upload seemed very much of today – even though it is supposed to take place over a decade in the unpredictable future.

Having launched all 10-episodes of its first near future season on May 1 on Prime Video and renewed for a second season soon afterwards, Upload depicts an America where people can choose to literally upload themselves to a digital afterlife to extend their own life. Of course, like everything in America, nothing comes for nothing, and as the series shifts gears repeatedly from comedy of manners to murder mystery, Amal’s dying Nathan Brown discovers all is not what it seems to be in this life or the digital next one.

Daniels and Amal were joined by Upload cast members Andy Allo, Allegra Edwards, Zainab Johnson and Kevin Bigley for a panel on the show for our Deadline Virtual House on June 26. Before the online panel, hundreds of fans were treated to a screening of the Daniels directed and written first episode of the Vancouver shot show.

Even though we were all in our respective homes due to COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing, the panel was live and it showed. “This is so perfect for Upload,” joked Allo (who plays Nathan’s virtual afterlife world handler Nora on the show) as Johnson (who portrays Aleesha, the handler of the Bigley played Luke) froze due to a technical glitch – a glitch that the Last Comic Standing semi-finalist nailed in her comeback.

https://deadline.com/video/upload-ro...virtual-house/

(Video in link above)
SuperFist likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page