Battlestar Galactica on SciFi HD - Season 4 - Page 65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1921 of 10191 Old 10-07-2006, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 10191 Old 10-07-2006, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcondo View Post

Babes of Battlestar Galactica

http://tv.msn.com/tv/gallery.aspx?ga...13608&GT1=7703

Is it just me or does Katee Sackhoff look like crap in all those pictures?
post #1923 of 10191 Old 10-07-2006, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3751 Post(s)
Liked: 3443
So does Tricia Helfer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1924 of 10191 Old 10-07-2006, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3370 Post(s)
Liked: 1826
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Does that mean that Zoic is no longer involved with the vfx on this show? They're doing it all in-house now? Has that ever been done by a sci-fi series before?

I talked to my friend today and he is not totally in the loop. You will have to check the credits. He is almost positive that Zoic is out and is pretty sure Atmosphere in Canada is out. He said there are a handfull of people that are now employed in-house doing the animation. He did mention that he may have lunch with some of the guys soon.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #1925 of 10191 Old 10-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Maybe that means we'll see more FX because they can do it more economicaly.

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
post #1926 of 10191 Old 10-07-2006, 10:59 PM

Why the hell can't this show be broadcast in HD in it's first airings somewhere? The show is shot with HD cameras! If NBC was ever considering picking it up, they messed up by not doing it. What a shame. The best show on television, easily. Lost is good and I was thinking Heroes was decent, but those shows really pale in comparison to BSG, even in monophonic SD. The quality of the writing, acting and directing just continues to blow me away.
post #1927 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 01:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

Back to BSG: How the heck did Lee Adama get so large in so short a time????

14 months is plenty of time to put on 30 lbs or so.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #1928 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 01:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

Oh, of course. I was thinking about Roslyn writing about the 4 months of Cylon occupation...but they had already been on New Caprica for a year before that.

Anyone else think that Dean Stockwell's Brother Cavil character has some of the best oneliners? The comment about the Cylons building the toasters without free will so they couldn't rebel....
post #1929 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 01:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I just finished watching and this is simply the best show on tv. I just wish more people were watching.

I think they sent Roslin out there to watch the execution thus she was never intended to be killed. Someone has to go back to report the massacre in all of the gory emotional details. I may be wrong but why would they stop and execute the people anywhere near where they know the Resistance is meeting. That would mean Zarek is dead unless they wanted more than one witness.
post #1930 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

I agree with the sentiments above. BSG is quickly becoming my favorite show of all time. I was just slightly concerned at the end of last season about the direction the show was going. But I decided to trust the writers who haven't let me down yet, and they are pulling it off! The premiere was absolutely devastating. I couldn't stop thinking about it after it was over, so much so that I watched it over the next day ... and liked it even more.

I want to throw something out there and see what you think. Is Jammer a cylon? I am not sure, but he WAS at the New Caprica Police graduation ceremony. Looked like he was just a few feet behind Duck when he blew himself up. How could he have survived? If he'd been on the other side of the room, I could understand, but it looked like he was pretty close. It's just something I found curious.

Personally, I'd prefer they not use one of the five remaining Cylon models on him. But it almost seemed like, after watching it again, that they were subtlely revealing another model during the premiere.

Any thoughts on this?
post #1931 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Jammer - I wondered about that as well, but I thought there were only 20 fatalities from that incident, Jammer well could have survived, as you mentioned, he was a couple columns over and several ranks behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamphhh View Post

I can't believe she is falling for this whole brainwash setup.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. Sorry.

But, really is that not exactly what brainwashing is - the isolation and removal of all touchstones and personal basis of reality, then replacement with skewed versions meant to influence without being completely [out of range]. Leoben may not have caused [programmed?*] Kasey's fall, but it was a convenient event - early enough to be before LT. Thrace had completed working out how to disassociate the child.

v/r,
C-F

* Is Kasey an automaton? Probably not, this Leoben is probably obsessed since LT. Thrace tortured him.
post #1932 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Nobody has mentioned the shooting of a cylon by another cylon - Gina (a #6) by Dorel (a #5?) during their effort to force Baltar to sign the execution order. It was something very quick, very sudden.

I thought it was that cylon doesn't kill cylon? Are the Dorel models the ones destined for "boxing", as has been speculated?
post #1933 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Hey moderator! Now that season 3 has started - now's the time to change the thread title! (Since you're obviously not going to use my own recently started 3.0 discussion thread! )
post #1934 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 11:25 AM

I guess one bright side to not being able to see BSG in HD... Lee Adama's fat man makeup would probably look worse.
post #1935 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3370 Post(s)
Liked: 1826
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post

Maybe that means we'll see more FX because they can do it more economicaly.

I am not sure how much more FX they need. The move was motivated to cut costs and make more money. It reminds me of when Rockefeller looked at an oil barrel and asked if they needed the number of bolts (or something like that) to hold it together. No one said anything, so he started removing the bolts and when it failed he put one more back in. It saved money by using just enough bolts. I think the same thing applies here. Cut back on the animation and if no one notices or complains then you have saved money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Nobody has mentioned the shooting of a cylon by another cylon - Gina (a #6) by Dorel (a #5?) during their effort to force Baltar to sign the execution order. It was something very quick, very sudden.

I thought it was that cylon doesn't kill cylon? Are the Dorel models the ones destined for "boxing", as has been speculated?

Good Point!! The rest of the cylons barely flinched.

Ericglo

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #1936 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:

Hell, that would only take me less than two months...

Robert Clark
post #1937 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post

Hell, that would only take me less than two months...

Slacker.

Give me a week.

Seriously. Wasn't a main character supposed to die before the end of the episode? Were they talking about Duck?
post #1938 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hey moderator! Now that season 3 has started - now's the time to change the thread title! (Since you're obviously not going to use my own recently started 3.0 discussion thread! )

Seconded

Dedicated to keeping my 2 labs from chewing any of MY stuff.
post #1939 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

How long will it take for it to be taken off? Not more than an episode, I would guess.

Dedicated to keeping my 2 labs from chewing any of MY stuff.
post #1940 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5863 Post(s)
Liked: 6430
Quote:

I sent a "report post" message on my last post where I just asked that they change the title of the thread to ...."Season 3"....., figuring that someone must see the posts that are "reported". Yet, here we are more than a day later and the title still reads .....Season 2.5. I tried to get Larry (PooperScooper) and CP95 to change it but Larry told me that forum moderators only have privileges on the forums they moderate, so he couldn't help out here. My conclusion?

This forum isn't moderated! (It is the third-world backwater forum of AVS; but this is where they exiled us since BSG isn't an HD show.) So.....anybody up for a political discussion?
post #1941 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3751 Post(s)
Liked: 3443
post #1942 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsimnal View Post

How long will it take for it to be taken off? Not more than an episode, I would guess.

Liposuction.

I laughed at the towel scene at the beginning of this episode -- an obvious poke at the famous Apollo towel scene from last season.
post #1943 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2844 Post(s)
Liked: 1518
Quote:

In that same scene, one of the D'Anna Biers accused one of the No. 6's (Baltar's Caprica-Six) of committing history's first Cylon-on-Cylon act of violence, when she knocked her unconscious at the end of "Downloaded". (EDIT: She didn't knock her unconscious--she beat her to death with a big chunk of rubble ).

BTW, Gina, the Six captured by the Pegasus crew, presumably no longer exists, since she helps identify the Ressurection Ship so that it could be destroyed before she died, preventing her own rebirth.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #1944 of 10191 Old 10-08-2006, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Cylon v Cylon violence is pretty pointless long term. As long as the Resurrection Ship is still intact, it's merely an inconvenience. It was Dorel's way of shutting 6 up so they could pressure Baltar.

It is interesting that they now see violence upon each other as an option, albeit more political than military in nature.

post #1945 of 10191 Old 10-09-2006, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 146
That is an interesting catch, I did not connect the two.

Ignoring [writer brainfarts], that was a quick turn. I wonder if the Cylons are more easily [shaped/molded/bent? psychologically]. Even at a human level of [malleability] Leoben is probably becoming more bent than he realizes as he follows through with [his actions] with LT. Thrace.

Or are they just more rational, since there have been a number of them killed in the war, they might be collectively getting inured to the killing. Since it is not permanent, it would probably be considered more of a misdemeanor/battery and resource waste than felony/murder.

That would make an interesting turn as they [anthropomorphize humans from a Cylon death-as-a-download POV] and apply this unconscious bias in their decisions.

Of course they were perfectly willing to rough up a #8 previously.

I do not remember how old these new models are, but they seem to have been purposely made to become individuals independent of the "Model Number", could this be the weakness to be exploited? Perhaps a source of the [psychological malleability].

v/r,
C-F
post #1946 of 10191 Old 10-09-2006, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post

That is an interesting catch, I did not connect the two.

Ignoring [writer brainfarts], that was a quick turn. I wonder if the Cylons are more easily [shaped/molded/bent? psychologically]. Even at a human level of [malleability] Leoben is probably becoming more bent than he realizes as he follows through with [his actions] with LT. Thrace.

Or are they just more rational, since there have been a number of them killed in the war, they might be collectively getting inured to the killing. Since it is not permanent, it would probably be considered more of a misdemeanor/battery and resource waste than felony/murder.

That would make an interesting turn as they [anthropomorphize humans from a Cylon death-as-a-download POV] and apply this unconscious bias in their decisions.

I do not remember how old these new models are, but they seem to have been purposely made to become individuals independent of the "Model Number", could this be the weakness to be exploited? Perhaps a source of the [psychological malleability].

v/r,
C-F

The Cylons are becoming the same as the humans they despise so much.

Emotions are causing them to be more human every day.

---------------------------
Comcast of Lebanon PA.
post #1947 of 10191 Old 10-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 59
The ten webisodes over at Scifi.com explain how Duck came to be a suicide bomber and Jammer joined the NCP. While not critical to the series, I'm surprised that they're presented in a format that only internet savvy viewers will see.

And, have you seen the hilarious music video contrasting the old and new series?
post #1948 of 10191 Old 10-09-2006, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2844 Post(s)
Liked: 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNON-FODDER View Post

They were roughing up that Number Eight (Caprica Sharon) for cosmetic purposes, so it might not count, although the Number Six that did it definitely seemed to enjoy it (Number Sixes in generally having a distaste for Number Eights ).

As for "independence from model number", I think that they have the potential to be as individual as humans. They are "born" fully grown and with an implanted set of memories, which would impose a certain initial personality and set of values but they immediately begin to diverge from that point as they gain new experiences which differ from one another. Caprica Six and Galactica Sharon were greatly changed by the things that they've been through, particularly in having developed strong feelings for and attachments to the humans whom they dealt with during their assignments.

I think that these nearly identifical fixed starting identities are a weakness which they realize and are trying to correct by changing their method of reproduction.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #1949 of 10191 Old 10-09-2006, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

I think that these nearly identifical fixed starting identities are a weakness which they realize and are trying to correct by changing their method of reproduction.

They are seriously stupid if they think they can control this new hybrid species any better than they can control us or that we we able to control them after creating them. (typing this quickly at work, hope that made sense).

post #1950 of 10191 Old 10-09-2006, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

It was suppose to have been only 4 months not 14 since they left New Caprica.
He's in space I dont think he can order take out. Unless he was huge at the end of last season and I missed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page