'Big Bang Theory' in HDTV on CBS - Page 138 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 900Likes

post #4111 of 4123 Old 05-18-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 447
My first, and probably last post in this thread, but I just wanted to say that I really liked the finale. I watched the show from the pilot and liked it up until maybe 3-4 years ago where I thought the show hit a wall..... I still blame Penny's hair cut.

Anyway, I still watched every show even though I have been over it for a long time, but I was rewarded with a simply great series finale..... even with that great ending, I still couldn't get it off of my DVR's series to-do-list quick enough.
mike1812, phildaant and WilliamR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4112 of 4123 Old 05-19-2019, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 635
...and it all ended without a Big Bang!
phildaant likes this.
post #4113 of 4123 Old 05-19-2019, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Did anyone watch Young Sheldon's S2 finale with its ending related to TBBT's series finale? Here's the clip:
Dave Vaughn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4114 of 4123 Old 05-19-2019, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked: 826
I was happy with this finale. I wish there was more but I’m glad it ended on a happy note for everyone involved and not centered around some tragedy or having someone experience a big hardship.

I haven’t been a regular viewer but would catch an episode every once in a while.
post #4115 of 4123 Old 05-19-2019, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
I thought they ended the show on a high note. Both of the episodes were LOL funny and I'm sad that they are going off the air. After 12 years, they're part of the family now. If you don't watch it already, watch Young Sheldon. It's absolutely wonderful and consistently good. It took about 5 or 6 episodes to get going in the beginning, but it's been hitting on all cylinders since then. Its finale did a great job of tying into Big Bang in its final scene as well. As for other sit comes, I haven't found any quality ones. I still watch Last Man Standing, but it lost a lot of its mojo the year it was off the air.

Dave - I agree with everything you said above.

"You’re KILLIN’ ME Smalls! "

Sony 55EX500 Settings
post #4116 of 4123 Old 05-19-2019, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 924
I've watched and enjoyed BBT from the beginning. I agree that it was time for the show to end, and I agree that it ended well (with the tag on Young Sheldon being frosting on the cake).

Of course none of these actors need ever work again, but of course they will. Hard to say which, if any (besides Parsons), will have successful careers beyond sitcoms or summer comedy movies, but I'm sure they will all try. It's hard to stay out of the limelight. (Bialik, of course, already has a successful off-screen career).

I do hope to see Kevin Sussman (Stuart) do well. I thought he sort of got short shrift during the finale, the special, and the Colbert interview.

I'm thinking that I might keep my CBS AA Amazon Channel sub running long enough to re-watch a couple of the early seasons in their un-cut form.
phildaant likes this.
post #4117 of 4123 Old 05-19-2019, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1430 Post(s)
Liked: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
I've watched and enjoyed BBT from the beginning. I agree that it was time for the show to end, and I agree that it ended well (with the tag on Young Sheldon being frosting on the cake).

Of course none of these actors need ever work again, but of course they will. Hard to say which, if any (besides Parsons), will have successful careers beyond sitcoms or summer comedy movies, but I'm sure they will all try. It's hard to stay out of the limelight. (Bialik, of course, already has a successful off-screen career).

I do hope to see Kevin Sussman (Stuart) do well. I thought he sort of got short shrift during the finale, the special, and the Colbert interview.

I'm thinking that I might keep my CBS AA Amazon Channel sub running long enough to re-watch a couple of the early seasons in their un-cut form.
My prediction is that Cuoco will have another TV show at some point and Parsons will do a lot of live stage work on Broadway. I'm not sure of the rest of the cast. Like you said, none of them need to work again in their lives if they don't want to.
phildaant and WilliamR like this.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)

For Sale: JVC X750R Projector (RS500 Equivalent) https://www.avsforum.com/forum/252-f...l#post58241092
post #4118 of 4123 Old 05-20-2019, 09:21 AM
buz

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well I'm glad the "Sheldon Show" is over. I watched the final season because I watched the show when it first came on when it was geek humor. After a while it became the tv show "Friends". I would keep an eye out for good guest stars and watch then. Most of this last season I watched, but didn't laugh at all, with the exception of Stuart. His scenes in the final was the only thing I laughed at. The episode where they all went over to Wil Wheaton's house to play D&D was funny as well.

JMHO

buz
post #4119 of 4123 Old 05-20-2019, 11:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked: 534
Looks like they are showing Episode 1 on Thursday, might tune in to see how things changed in 12 years.
post #4120 of 4123 Old 05-21-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Looks like they are showing Episode 1 on Thursday, might tune in to see how things changed in 12 years.

The pilot is a bit jarring. You can pick up on some changes that were made between episodes 1 and 2. It’s a different vibe for sure.

LG OLED65C7P - Professionally Calibrated l Apple TV 4K l Microsoft Xbox One S l Sony STR-ZA1100ES l Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center Channel l Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II Floorstanding L/R l Polk Audio Monitor 45B Rear Surround l Dual BIC V1220 Subwoofers
post #4121 of 4123 Old 05-23-2019, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 389
We finally watched this episode. I thought it was a nice ending. Not stupid, but not overly sappy. I took small issue with Sheldon and Amy going from writing one paper to getting a Nobel in a few weeks time. I'd always heard it took years and years of accomplishments to get a Nobel.

I really thought it'd end with people moving away, but I'm okay with this. It's almost as if life moves on, and will keep doing so.
Dave Vaughn and phildaant like this.
post #4122 of 4123 Old 05-23-2019, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
I took small issue with Sheldon and Amy going from writing one paper to getting a Nobel in a few weeks time. I'd always heard it took years and years of accomplishments to get a Nobel.
In the sciences fields, Nobels are awarded for a discovery, not many of them. It has to be proven or validated (by others) and that may be done quickly or may take a long time. After that though, a person (or persons) is eligible. Remember, that was a big part of the story on TBBT - the other two guys that "proved" Sheldon and Amy's theory.
post #4123 of 4123 Old 05-23-2019, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 7
What a great show
Dave Vaughn and WilliamR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Big Bang Theory The Complete Fifth Season