SA 4250HDC connected to DVR audio issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Comcast just scrambled all their channels which creates all sorts of issues for those of us who have their own DVRs.

There is a solution for users of the SA 4250HDC cable box:
The 4250 has a "vcr commander" feature which allows you to program in shows you wish to record. The 4250 will turn on and change to the channel you have programmed in.

However there appears to be a bug in the 4250 software. The 4250 will turn on at the correct time and will output the video but no audio. You have to press a button on the remote to get the audio to turn on.

If I leave the 4250 on all the time, it works fine, but I would rather not have to leave it on all the time as it is in a closed cabinet and does get warm.

Anyone have the same issue?

The other problem with the 4250 is you can only set a maximum of 7 recordings.

M Koven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-01-2011, 07:54 AM

Im not terribly familiar with the SA gear BUT- Motos used to do this as well and you might be able to deactivate it in the menu of the box. Those with this gear hopefully will chime in.

I can offer the reason however- The box will turn on Muted, this shouldnt affect the recording however through the boxes output. If you are recording from the TV however there will be no audio.
This is a "feature" for those that have their TVs plugged into their box for an ALL ON option. What would happen in the day however is the box comes on at 2am to record something, the TV also comes on at 2AM with full audio. This was a fail safe. People used this feature in conjunction with a VCR that also had timed recordings. Kind of an old school set up these days.

The quick workaround? Leave your box on. Only turn off your TV when you are done viewing.

Hope this helped or applied.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 95
What kind of DVR are you using? Can the DVR use an IR transmitter to mimic the remote control signal?

6 TV's in the house on FiOS and we only pay $4.99/month to connect them all!!! Power to the CableCard and WMC7!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-02-2011, 07:01 AM

I deal with bot MOTO and SA boxes in my market and Cable Tool's response is most appropriate. The box should not affect the volume if you have outputs going straight to your recording device. My advice: It's time to upgrade your system.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-04-2011, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

I am outputting the audio directly to a Pioneer DVR.
Not sure if this is an automatic mute feature but that should not effect the audio line out on the SA box.
So far my only solution is to leave the box on all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page