Dish Network problems. Please help! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-08-2014, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dish Network problems. Please help!

Ok. So I just bought a dish network pay as you go receiver for my RV. Also not sure if this is the right place to post this. Anyways I have a manual Wingard round satellite dish on the roof of the RV Coax cable goes directly from the dish to the receiver. I can set elevation and azimuth no skew. I bought a satellite finder today to help find a signal.

My problem is this.... I connect the satellite finder to the dish and receiver as instructed. I point the dish and acquire a signal according to azimuth and elevation given to me on the receiver. The satellite finder says there is a signal there and the box does as well. I hit ok and the receiver goes to live tv. BUT there is no picture the screen is black and after about 30 seconds another screen pops up saying signal lost.

I thought this was because of the satellite finder being in the loop. So I removed the finder thinking BAM problem solved and I will get TV. But when I removed the finder the receiver no longer was picking up a signal.

Now I was told by DISH it because the cable being used is a rg59 and not a rg6. My thought was I was picking a signal up on the receiver was because I was using a newer cable on one side of the finder but the 59 on the other. Which is why no picture. Can anyone else shed some light on this please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-13-2014, 12:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi89 View Post
Ok. So I just bought a dish network pay as you go receiver for my RV. Also not sure if this is the right place to post this. Anyways I have a manual Wingard round satellite dish on the roof of the RV Coax cable goes directly from the dish to the receiver. I can set elevation and azimuth no skew. I bought a satellite finder today to help find a signal.

My problem is this.... I connect the satellite finder to the dish and receiver as instructed. I point the dish and acquire a signal according to azimuth and elevation given to me on the receiver. The satellite finder says there is a signal there and the box does as well. I hit ok and the receiver goes to live tv. BUT there is no picture the screen is black and after about 30 seconds another screen pops up saying signal lost.

I thought this was because of the satellite finder being in the loop. So I removed the finder thinking BAM problem solved and I will get TV. But when I removed the finder the receiver no longer was picking up a signal.

Now I was told by DISH it because the cable being used is a rg59 and not a rg6. My thought was I was picking a signal up on the receiver was because I was using a newer cable on one side of the finder but the 59 on the other. Which is why no picture. Can anyone else shed some light on this please!
Check out your satellite finder is whether set correctly or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page