Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-12-2019, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Xfinity Settings

Hello all,

I have the standard 4K box from Xfinity and have been wondering 2 main questions.

•The Zoom function is set to “On” by default. Understandable as if you go to a channel like FXM, not only do you have the two black bars on the top and bottom but you have two on each side making a square black box surrounding the picture. There isn’t another channel option for FXM (HD, etc). So the Zoom function is certainly needed here otherwise it just looks bad, but in doing so it appears I may be stretching the picture. Is that correct? Is there another setting I can adjust in my AVR or TV to fix this automatically? Do most people have this function on?

•I have my Marantz 7012 on Pure Auto to adjust settings for the signal coming in. Everything is accurate except for the Xfinity input. The settings show 5.1 for the box but the Pure Auto is pushing to 5.2.2 which isn’t accurate. Not that the sounds overhead are distracting, just moreso bothersome that it isn’t the correct Auto setting. Anyone have luck with this as well?

5.1 Setup || Marantz SR-7012 & MM-7025 | Paradigm Prestige Series - 95Fs, 55C, 15Bs | Dynamo 700W | Sony XBR-65A1E | Panasonic UB-9000
Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV | Furman Elite 15-PFi | Logitech Harmony Elite | Samsung Smart Things Hub | Amazon Alexa Integration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page