Samsung One connect splicing - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-08-2019, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung One connect splicing

Installed a Samsung one connect cable the wrong way round- i.e tv end at box and box end at tv. The cable is run over ten Metres through conduit in now plastered and decorated walls so cannot be removed and replaced without great expense. We have experience with fibre optic cable, wondering if we can cut the cable- swap the ends and re connect at opposite ends. As it seems Samsung don't do any sort of adapter/extender.

See equipment details below.

Model : UE65LS003AUXXU
S/N : 0B023SJJ900009J
One connect cable : Samsung VG-SOCM15 Invisible Connection Cable - transparent / white - compatible with the 2017 range

To my knowledge the Samsung one connect cable is a fibre optic cable so splicing and re-connecting should be an option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-08-2019, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3571 Post(s)
Liked: 2571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
Installed a Samsung one connect cable the wrong way round- i.e tv end at box and box end at tv. The cable is run over ten Metres through conduit in now plastered and decorated walls so cannot be removed and replaced without great expense. We have experience with fibre optic cable, wondering if we can cut the cable- swap the ends and re connect at opposite ends. As it seems Samsung don't do any sort of adapter/extender.

See equipment details below.

Model : UE65LS003AUXXU
S/N : 0B023SJJ900009J
One connect cable : Samsung VG-SOCM15 Invisible Connection Cable - transparent / white - compatible with the 2017 range

To my knowledge the Samsung one connect cable is a fibre optic cable so splicing and re-connecting should be an option?
If it's in a conduit, why can't you tie a pull string to one end, pull it through, disconnect the pull string and use the end left behind at the source to reattach the cable in the proper orientation and then pull it through? That's the whole idea of a conduit if it's installed properly. To make replacing cable easier and safer. The question of splicing the OC cable has come up before and the response was that it might be possible to do but no one has reported back any success, short term or long term.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-11-2019, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm curious to know if anyone has had success doing this. I have some conduit that won't fit the small end of the one connect cable, so my only option would be to replace the conduit somehow, or cut and reconnect one of the cable ends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-11-2019, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3571 Post(s)
Liked: 2571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitt View Post
I'm curious to know if anyone has had success doing this. I have some conduit that won't fit the small end of the one connect cable, so my only option would be to replace the conduit somehow, or cut and reconnect one of the cable ends.
All you can do is try if you've got good eyes and hands of a surgeon . I would think that it might be better, long term and stress-wise, to just figure out if you could replace the conduit with a 1.5" - 2.0" conduit and continue to use the cable without any modifications. Good luck.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Cable, Digital Cable - Non-HDTV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page