Nuvo GC and P300 Compatibility? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #31 of 37 Old 09-19-2016, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post
Thanks; so it's a tablet running the Player app basically? I guess that makes sense, and it's nicer than having to find a good looking bracket to wall-mount any other tablet. I could use 1 in the main area kitchen/dining room where most of our music activity is.
Yeah, essentially, but that's exactly how you *should* build a keypad these days. And it will run any Android apps, it's not locked into the NuVo Player app, so there's a lot of other potential, too.

This is certainly easier than wall-mounting a tablet - the power connector is in the right place, and there's no battery.
oktoberrust11 and ReTrO like this.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 12-18-2017, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hello Jautor!

How is your promissing ”hack” going to make the best possible use of GC and MPS4 hw?
What’s your latest thinking?

Before ditching the whole investment, I am considering:
- keeping th GC with keypads and the Nuvo app for volume and zone control
- using the MPS4 for internet radio and mp3s (don’t use anymore)
- add streamers for dedicated channels, such as “Airplay”/“Chromecast” and “Spotify connect”.
- use other apps to control the streamers
- forget about meta data on the keypads....

A Brilliant option would be if you could get your hack going and get both zone control and meta data out of the Nuvo Players.
Not sure how the app would know that I have 8 zone though...

Any smart thoughts?
Is there a more active board than this one?

Thanks!
Bob
post #33 of 37 Old 05-06-2019, 09:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Can the P30 TS operate in landscape mode with the old MPS4 app?

I haven't explored it much, but can the MPS4 app be used in landscape, that anyone knows?

Only used it in portrait mode on my Android tabs. I don't think it can be used in landscape.

----------------------------------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 05-07-2019, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

I haven't explored it much, but can the MPS4 app be used in landscape, that anyone knows?

Only used it in portrait mode on my Android tabs. I don't think it can be used in landscape.
I can download the old Music Port app on my P30 and test when I get home.
Neurorad likes this.

My Area: Sony XBR65X850E / Marantz NR1608 / Polk Speakers / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro | Dining Room: Samsung UN55LS03N ("The Frame" 2018) | Bedroom: TCL 49S405 (Roku TV)
Nuvo Player Portfolio Whole-Home Audio System (P4300, P200, P10 keypad, P30 tablet)
Xbox Live: oktober rust | PSN: oktoberrust11 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11
post #35 of 37 Old 05-07-2019, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

I can download the old Music Port app on my P30 and test when I get home.
Doesn't look like it rotates to landscape. I made sure auto-rotate was enabled in the settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190507_194451_1557276030794.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	2563980  
Neurorad likes this.

My Area: Sony XBR65X850E / Marantz NR1608 / Polk Speakers / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro | Dining Room: Samsung UN55LS03N ("The Frame" 2018) | Bedroom: TCL 49S405 (Roku TV)
Nuvo Player Portfolio Whole-Home Audio System (P4300, P200, P10 keypad, P30 tablet)
Xbox Live: oktober rust | PSN: oktoberrust11 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11
post #36 of 37 Old 05-07-2019, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Doesn't look like it rotates to landscape. I made sure auto-rotate was enabled in the settings.
Thanks so much!

I just tried on a Samsung Android tablet, and found the same.

I would need to mount the P30 in portrait mode.

Anyone know offhand if the Sonos app works well in portrait mode? I know Spotify works OK.

I think the P30 would look pretty silly in portrait mode - but it may be something I need to suck up, to use Sonos with the MPS4, and keep an on-wall control solution.

I'm one of those people that parks their phone in the MBa when I get home. I don't want to carry it around with me at home. There is usually a laptop, desktop, or tablet close by, but I'm very much accustomed to this on-wall keypad control. Extraordinarily convenient, for 11 zones. In a few of those zones, I may need to add a P30, in portrait, to add Sonos to the mix.

----------------------------------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #37 of 37 Old 05-08-2019, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 383
I almost always use my Sonos app in portrait mode. On my phone, of course.

But it works very well. I use portrait probably 95% of the time, so I'm not sure how much "better" landscape would be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page