Wireless Dual Display options? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-31-2016, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wireless Dual Display options?

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in so feel free to move if it should be somewhere else.

I have 2 display devices (one TV, one Projector) that are around 80' apart in a large open area (church). I have one laptop that needs to display to both devices. The laptop can either be right next to the TV or 20-30' from the projector. In either scenario, I need a really long VGA or HDMI cable to get to the other device that's further away. I currently use a VGA splitter box because we have the TV near the projector for now but we want to relocated it to the back of the room.

So, I want to look into some sort of wireless solution.

In the past I've used things like a Microsoft Wireless Display adapter which might work here but I'm not sure on the range of them as they use a distance based connection. I can setup a wireless router to cover the area which would let me know any sort of wifi enabled device that I could plug into whichever unit I was further away from but I'm not sure if those type of devices would let me broadcast to the locally connected device and the wirelessly connected device at the same time.

Can anyone recommend any way that I can accomplish this? Ideally I'd probably be sitting near the TV and the projector would be the one connected wirelessly if that matters

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-01-2016, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Wireless - I'd forget that option straight away, it is simply not reliable enough.

HD over LAN - with a simple Network switch plus a CAT5 (or preferably CAT6) cable out to each Display you can achieve a very stable solution which is easily scaleable if you wish to add in additional display devices..

Our HD DSX (1080p) and Pro DSX (2160p/1080p with PoE) have both been utilised in house of workshop installations.

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

RuiPro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial systems.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-01-2016, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post
Wireless - I'd forget that option straight away, it is simply not reliable enough.

HD over LAN - with a simple Network switch plus a CAT5 (or preferably CAT6) cable out to each Display you can achieve a very stable solution which is easily scaleable if you wish to add in additional display devices..
Well, if I'm going to run wires, I can just run a 100' VGA cable and be done with it. We were trying to find a way to not have to run any cables since we don't have a good way of hiding them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-01-2016, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Run the cable - anything wireless is never as reliable (or capable) as a cable.

Run a couple of CAT6 too for future use - eventually you will be forced down the digital route.

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Octava Inc. Multi-cast HD over LAN solutions.

RuiPro UK and EU Sales and Support

The Media Factory. Residential and Commercial systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page