Legrand On-Q upgrade desired - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 22 Old 11-20-2016, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Legrand On-Q upgrade desired

Hi All.. we recently bought a seven year old house that has a Legrand On-Q system installed. There are speakers throughout the house and small control panels in each room with speakers (to choose the input source and adjust volumes). However, the master input is in the basement and accepts only an iPhone 4. We would like to upgrade this central control to (a) something that can be used from the kitchen and (b) works off of the internet (e.g. internet radio). Would anyone be able to provide suggestions? I looked on the Legrand website but found it quite difficult to find a contractor in my area who could do the work. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 11-20-2016, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked: 896
Assuming you have an On-Q Lyriq system, the answer is really easy...

Just add a Digital Input Module to the system. That will get you control from a mobile app, and add Internet sources (radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, and should include Spotify). That module is very similar to the NuVo Player P300 with tweaks to work with Lyriq.

http://www.legrand.us/onq/audio-vide...io/au7002.aspx

Take a look at the central module - what's the model number, and what do the keypads look like?

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
post #3 of 22 Old 01-21-2017, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post
Assuming you have an On-Q Lyriq system, the answer is really easy...

Just add a Digital Input Module to the system. That will get you control from a mobile app, and add Internet sources (radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, and should include Spotify). That module is very similar to the NuVo Player P300 with tweaks to work with Lyriq.

Take a look at the central module - what's the model number, and what do the keypads look like?
I have this AU7002 Legrand DIM you suggested It definitely doesn't do spotify. Legrand said it would be done before Christmas. Still not done. Ive called twice different BS story each time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 01-31-2017, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Wolfanger View Post
I have this AU7002 Legrand DIM you suggested It definitely doesn't do spotify. Legrand said it would be done before Christmas. Still not done. Ive called twice different BS story each time
Well, they didn't make Christmas, but it's there now...

http://www.residentialsystems.com/ne...-systems/89153

Note that the customer support staff at most companies rarely have information about "new features" or product schedules. And even if they do, they aren't allowed to talk about it or make promises about future support.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
post #5 of 22 Old 01-31-2017, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Installed one of these last week..... it did a software update at setup and Spotify was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 22 Old 08-11-2019, 03:24 PM

First-time poster. Glad I found this forum. My house has an AU1002 distribution module and I just added an AU7002 digital audio input module to add streaming music and app-based sound control. I've connected the unit correctly, with a cable from my LAN switch to the AU7002 LAN port, and a jumper from the Dist Module Source (Single) port to the AU1002. The AU7002 does appear to get power from the AU1002, and the light is solid green after initialization.

Instructions that came with the AU7002 show a VERY outdated (2014) Nuvo Player with the ability to bind the system. The current Nuvo player appears to lack this functionality entirely. I've also tried the Legrand Digital Audio App (which is what I thought would work with this) and it does have an option to bind the system, but the search goes on forever. Have I purchased the wrong unit? I'm curious if I should have gone with the AU7001 instead. Installation instructions for that one do reference the Legrand app circa 2018. Bummed that I might have grabbed the wrong input module.

Thoughts?
post #7 of 22 Old 08-11-2019, 06:08 PM

Are you physically pressing the “bind” button on the front of the AU7002? If not, you will need to do so; binding is not done from within the app.

You have the correct model for your Lyriq system; the AU7001 is for the On-Q digital audio app, which connects to the AU7000 digital distribution module.

And yes you should use the Nuvo player app with your system. The instructions in the Nuvo app are for the Nuvo player, but it works with the Lyriq system. Once you press the bind button on the AU7002 the LED should change from green to white and populate within your system and allow you to name the source.

post #8 of 22 Old 08-12-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantmacga View Post
Are you physically pressing the “bind” button on the front of the AU7002? If not, you will need to do so; binding is not done from within the app.

You have the correct model for your Lyriq system; the AU7001 is for the On-Q digital audio app, which connects to the AU7000 digital distribution module.

And yes you should use the Nuvo player app with your system. The instructions in the Nuvo app are for the Nuvo player, but it works with the Lyriq system. Once you press the bind button on the AU7002 the LED should change from green to white and populate within your system and allow you to name the source.

Yes, regarding the bind button.

I gave Legrand a call this morning and they confirmed that the AU7002 will work with the AU1002 distribution module, effectively the same way as an AU7001. They also looked into which app to use, Legrand Digital Audio or Nuvo Player, and they recommended the former.

We identified one possible issue with my network. I'm using a Google Wifi mesh network in the house and apparently, some mesh networks struggle with UPnP and multicasting. I have a wired connection coming out of the main Google Wifi puck into a TP-Link gigabit switch and then into the AU7002 DIM lan port. Trying to figure out whether it's the Google mesh or the switch.
post #9 of 22 Old 08-12-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Neville View Post

We identified one possible issue with my network. I'm using a Google Wifi mesh network in the house and apparently, some mesh networks struggle with UPnP and multicasting. I have a wired connection coming out of the main Google Wifi puck into a TP-Link gigabit switch and then into the AU7002 DIM lan port. Trying to figure out whether it's the Google mesh or the switch.

There is a list somewhere on the Legrand resources site that lists specific routers that are compatible and also what features your router should have. I’ll see if I can find it for you later tonight.

post #10 of 22 Old 08-12-2019, 01:38 PM

I just tried to bypass the Google mesh. Took a line straight off the Verizon Fios router and plugged that into the LAN port on the DIM instead of taking a line off the Google Wifi switch. The theory is that this would skip any issues with the mesh and give it a more direct line. Still unable to bind the DIM. Very frustrating.
post #11 of 22 Old 08-13-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
There is a list somewhere on the Legrand resources site that lists specific routers that are compatible and also what features your router should have. I’ll see if I can find it for you later tonight.

I found the router list. As luck would have it, I do have an Asus RT-N56U router as it was what I used prior to the Google mesh. I hooked up the Asus router downstream of the mesh, and connected the DIM directly to that. Attempted to bind through this sub-network again, to no avail. This router does have options to enable UPnP and also multicasting routing and forwarding (IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping).

Have my mobile devices running the Legrand digital audio app on the new "media" network but the bind never occurs. The light flashes green for 3-4 seconds and then goes back to solid green. The app just searches endlessly. I can see the Legrand device on my network and it pings just fine. Banging my head against the wall here.
post #12 of 22 Old 08-13-2019, 02:31 PM

Legrand On-Q upgrade desired

What’s the model # of the power supply connected to the AU1002?

And how many zones do you have ?

Last edited by brantmacga; 08-13-2019 at 02:35 PM.
post #13 of 22 Old 08-13-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
What’s the model # of the power supply connected to the AU1002?

And how many zones do you have ?

I'll need to cut some zips to get the model number. Both supplies appear to be working correctly at a glance. There are 6 zones on the unit. Pictures attached in the next post (to meet my 5 post minimum)
post #14 of 22 Old 08-13-2019, 03:55 PM

post #15 of 22 Old 08-13-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Neville View Post

post #16 of 22 Old 08-13-2019, 04:00 PM

I've really messed up the posts here. Can't seem to edit/delete. Hope these links work:

https://photos.app.*******/Z1cZhDNu2nbYS3X27

https://photos.app.*******/WU7itmJgUtV4hs4U6
post #17 of 22 Old 08-13-2019, 04:47 PM

Ok, that looks like the right power supply; it should be a PW1060, and you do have two as you should for six zones.

I have a couple of times in the past seen the streaming sources fail to work properly when connected to underpowered power-distribution modules.

You could as a test disconnect all your zones and try to bind it, and if that doesn’t work, while leaving the zones disconnected, swap the power supplies on the AU1002; it’s highly unlikely you’d have two going bad.

That’s the only other thing I can think of to rule out before determining you have either a bad 1002 or 7002.

post #18 of 22 Old 08-13-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Ok, that looks like the right power supply; it should be a PW1060, and you do have two as you should for six zones.

I have a couple of times in the past seen the streaming sources fail to work properly when connected to underpowered power-distribution modules.

You could as a test disconnect all your zones and try to bind it, and if that doesn’t work, while leaving the zones disconnected, swap the power supplies on the AU1002; it’s highly unlikely you’d have two going bad.

That’s the only other thing I can think of to rule out before determining you have either a bad 1002 or 7002.

Appreciate the feedback here. I figured troubleshooting ancient hardware would be nearly impossible. Will try disconnecting all zones and swapping power supplies.
post #19 of 22 Old 08-14-2019, 10:50 AM

It is older, but they still sell parts of the Lyriq system. You can’t buy the triple input or the IR remote as they’re discontinued.

If it’s not a power supply issue, then I would send the AU7002 as defective and try another. If you can’t send it back, Legrand may be able to swap it out for you.

post #20 of 22 Old 08-19-2019, 11:10 AM

Got through to an awesome tech support resource at Legrand. They are sending me a new unit to test. Apparently, the bind light should flash for 30-45 seconds before going solid again and my unit only flashes for 3. Looking forward to getting this thing resolved...
post #21 of 22 Old 08-20-2019, 06:53 AM

That’s great. They really do have good tech support; anytime I’ve gotten a dud they send me a new piece right away.

post #22 of 22 Old 08-21-2019, 06:41 AM

The support was absolutely first class. The guy ran over to their test lab, pieced together an exact mirror of my house, and confirmed that everything should work. And then sent me the part replacement. Really cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page