Dim Display / Pixelation Loss - NuVo OLED Control Pad [NV-E6GCP-DC] - Need Recos - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bobone
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 12-27-2016, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dim Display / Pixelation Loss - NuVo OLED Control Pad [NV-E6GCP-DC] - Need Recos

Have a Grand Concerto 6 zone install from 6 years ago.

Have had to replace several NuVo E6G Control Panels NV-E6GCP-DC due to display going completely black, rendering panel unusable.

Panels in 3 zones are now either completely black or too dim to see.

Anyone else have this issue with this panel model number?


Looking in to NuVo panel replacements and only see 2 options:
1 - NuVo Decora OLED Control Pad NV-I8GCP
2 - Nuvo COLOR TOUCH PAD NV-CTP36-V2

Worried about buying another OLED panel because of the issues with the E6G.

Are the NV-I8GCP panels any better in terms of longevity and don't dim so quickly?

Or is it better to move to the color touch pad since it's an LCD display?
If it is better to buy the color pad, is it compatible with the GC system we have?

And, can we mix and-or match panels across the home?
We were thinking of buying one color pad for the area of the home we use the most and then buy the newer OLED for the other areas.

Thoughts?

Advice would be greatly appreciated here!
tracy_c is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 Old 12-28-2016, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jautor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NW Houston, TX
Posts: 10,864
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked: 901
I don't have any experience with the Essentia OLED control pads, but I've got 10 NV-I8GCP dual-gang OLED pads in my system, including one mounted outside, and their displays are all fine after 8 years...

You can mix and match the single and double-gang displays on the system. I wouldn't recommend the color LCD display as it's very expensive for the functionality. The GCP panels are easily found on eBay.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
jautor is offline  
post #3 of 29 Old 02-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: jerrygriffith
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Send a message via AIM to griffithjerryl Send a message via Skype™ to griffithjerryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy_c View Post
Have a Grand Concerto 6 zone install from 6 years ago.

Have had to replace several NuVo E6G Control Panels NV-E6GCP-DC due to display going completely black, rendering panel unusable.

Panels in 3 zones are now either completely black or too dim to see.

Anyone else have this issue with this panel model number?


Looking in to NuVo panel replacements and only see 2 options:
1 - NuVo Decora OLED Control Pad NV-I8GCP
2 - Nuvo COLOR TOUCH PAD NV-CTP36-V2

Worried about buying another OLED panel because of the issues with the E6G.

Are the NV-I8GCP panels any better in terms of longevity and don't dim so quickly?

Or is it better to move to the color touch pad since it's an LCD display?
If it is better to buy the color pad, is it compatible with the GC system we have?

And, can we mix and-or match panels across the home?
We were thinking of buying one color pad for the area of the home we use the most and then buy the newer OLED for the other areas.

Thoughts?

Advice would be greatly appreciated here!
I have 6 control pads E6G 1-Gang Control Pad and two went black at 6 years and the one more almost too dim to read. Ordered two replacements fro Discount Home Automation website. They had the best price I could find. I don't call the installer when I am replacing a component whether its a NUVO keypad or an electronic pool Chlorine Generator. I figure I can just put new one in the place of the old one. As it goes they always make changes in six year period so new part not exactly "plug and play". I am having trouble configuring my new E6G's. I managed to get them to play but when I power it off the zone does not power off. If I hold down the OFF few seconds it kills all zones then I can turn on individually the zones I want back on. That's not a very good "fix". I found where a have downloaded the NUVO configuration software so I am going to connect laptop to the NUVO Essentia box and see what I can do. I have to first retrieve the current configuration from the Essentia hardware. I am thinking as I write this if my Dining Room Zone is configured why is that configuration not st ill in place for the new control pad. Unless the control pads hold the config and not the main NUVO box. DO YOU HAVE ANY advice for me? I can make it play the zone but when I push the OFF button on the new Keypad the light on the keypad goes out but the zone is still active until I hold down the OFF and get an ALL OFF. You can guess that if I cant make it go off without an all off that subject zone does not come on when I turn the keypad back on. I am able make it play again when I go into the keypad controls and select "Party" it starts playing again. As you can see I am in a quandary. I have a few more steps to take hoping I can load the whole system config software I down loaded.
Thank you for any help you give to me. Sounds like you been there and done that so have the knowledge now.
griffithjerryl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 29 Old 02-05-2018, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jautor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NW Houston, TX
Posts: 10,864
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffithjerryl View Post
I am having trouble configuring my new E6G's. I managed to get them to play but when I power it off the zone does not power off.
You need to tell the keypad what zone it's in. That's why they don't power on/off the individual zone. See the installation manual, but it's in the menu for the keypad: SETUP->ADVANCED SETTINGS->ZONE NUMBER

See page 24 of the manual...

If you don't have it, it can be downloaded here:

https://www.homecontrols.com/homecon...stallation.pdf

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
jautor is offline  
post #5 of 29 Old 06-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Newbie
 
highflydotbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had the same issue with my Essentia E6G keypads, they alle died after 6-7 years. First dim and after a period of a year the OLED screens were black.



Even after 9 years now the OLED screen on my tuner is starting to pixelate and dim. I think it's the OLED screen quality which is the issue.



I decided not to replace them as probably after 6 years it will be the same story. Since Nuvo didn't innovate last 10 years on a successor of this E6G, I think it's time to look for a complete replacement (i.e. Russound, ...) that can use the UTP keypad connection.
highflydotbe is offline  
post #6 of 29 Old 06-08-2018, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jautor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NW Houston, TX
Posts: 10,864
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflydotbe View Post
I had the same issue with my Essentia E6G keypads, they alle died after 6-7 years. First dim and after a period of a year the OLED screens were black.

Even after 9 years now the OLED screen on my tuner is starting to pixelate and dim. I think it's the OLED screen quality which is the issue.
The little screens on the front of the Tuners is not the same type (or OLED) - but yes, my tuner's display is showing some uneven wear as well, but this is not unique to NuVo - my microwave oven, same 9-year age as my NuVo gear shows similar wear.

Quote:
I decided not to replace them as probably after 6 years it will be the same story. Since Nuvo didn't innovate last 10 years on a successor of this E6G, I think it's time to look for a complete replacement (i.e. Russound, ...) that can use the UTP keypad connection.
Well, they did create a successor - the whole Player portfolio... Which with the touchscreen displays now really does have the main feature set covered. But I agree that they did a poor job of providing an upgrade path for Essentia/Grand Concerto owners. You can swap out everything for Player products and keypads/touchscreens - but it's a full replacement, and yes, we'd all look at other products when contemplating that level of expense...

Which is a real shame because it would so simple for them to create a Player-based product to "update" the whole NuVoNet-based line - and I bet every NuVo dealer would reach out to their entire customer base to offer that! Especially folks that don't have the MPS4 server.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
jautor is offline  
post #7 of 29 Old 09-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 51
NV-I8GCP 2.7” OLED

https://www.led-professional.com/pro...dio-controller.
Identified ID codes (see enclosed picture):
OS128064PK27MY0E50
Controller: SSD1325T6

Potential replacement (needs confirmation):
http://electronicicchip.sell.everych...-size-2-7.html
or
https://www.texim-europe.com/product...864ASYDT03-OSD
Requires no soldering.


NV-E6GCP-UK 1.0” OLED

Currently unidentified ID codes (See enclosed picture):
1350050000730AR
1010141030064
102399601q K04

Perhaps (thx @orlandojones111 )
OS128064PN10MY0B10
http://static6.arrow.com/aropdfconve...0040750_01.pdf
Will require soldering
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.7 OLED.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	2612880   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.0 OLED UK.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	623.8 KB
ID:	2612882  

Last edited by Bobone; 09-16-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Bobone is offline  
post #8 of 29 Old 09-15-2019, 07:33 PM
Member
 
AlienWarlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 46
@Bobone , everything in the Osram Pictiva line of components show as 'obsolete/discontinued' at DigiKey.

There are a few random Pictiva displays on eBay, but nothing matching.

My semi-dedicated theater: The EXASCALE CINEMA
AlienWarlock is offline  
post #9 of 29 Old 09-15-2019, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smoothtlk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,482
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Put a compatible control system in front of the Nuvo and use your smartphone / tablets / desktop computer to control.
You can then integrate Lighting devices...then you can use a "lighting" switch pad to also control functions.
Or your handheld TV remote control...etc.
Much better long term solution than just replacing the "dumb" screens with another.
smoothtlk is online now  
post #10 of 29 Old 09-16-2019, 02:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWarlock View Post
@Bobone , everything in the Osram Pictiva line of components show as 'obsolete/discontinued' at DigiKey.

There are a few random Pictiva displays on eBay, but nothing matching.
For the 2.7”, I think this alternative could be available:
https://www.texim-europe.com/product...864ASYDT03-OSD
Walt Lane likes this.

Last edited by Bobone; 09-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Bobone is offline  
post #11 of 29 Old 01-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I read your older post regarding replacement of the OLED displays which become dim (unreadable) for the Nuvo Essentia. Did you have luck replacing yours with your idea? I would PAY YOU to replace mine. Interested? I have about 16.


Thank you

Walt
Walt Lane is offline  
post #12 of 29 Old 01-14-2020, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Nope, have not tried. But am very interested. Especially the 1".
The 2.7's looked feasible.

Last edited by Bobone; 01-16-2020 at 11:44 PM.
Bobone is offline  
post #13 of 29 Old 01-15-2020, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smoothtlk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,482
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Lane View Post
I read your older post regarding replacement of the OLED displays which become dim (unreadable) for the Nuvo Essentia. Did you have luck replacing yours with your idea? I would PAY YOU to replace mine. Interested? I have about 16.


Thank you

Walt
You can use a smartphone as a user interface device for a control system to manage the Nuvo plus a whole lot more.
The Nuvo old displays are too singular purpose for today's connected homes. not worth putting any time / cost into rejuvenation.
smoothtlk is online now  
post #14 of 29 Old 01-16-2020, 09:13 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone actually located where to buy OS128064PN10MY0B10? I've sent plenty of email requests to suppliers overseas (mostly Asia), but haven't received any replies... I'm keen to repair mine. I'm in Sydney Australia and purchased all of my Control Pads used from eBay (as we don't have many suppliers here at reasonable cost.)
97clubspec is offline  
post #15 of 29 Old 01-18-2020, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Maybe @orlandojones111 has some info?
I got stuck as well...
Bobone is offline  
post #16 of 29 Old 01-20-2020, 07:03 PM
Member
 
wardjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had a NV-I8GCP that suddenly developed a problem. The brightness wasn't a problem but the pixels were seemingly randomized and nothing was intelligible. Over several days, I tried cycling power multiple times and plugging it into different ports but nothing changed the symptom. After about a year, I plugged it back in just to check it again and the display was fine so I put it back into service. Perhaps a charge somewhere took a long time to drain.
wardjk is offline  
post #17 of 29 Old 01-29-2020, 04:23 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothtlk View Post
Put a compatible control system in front of the Nuvo and use your smartphone / tablets / desktop computer to control.
You can then integrate Lighting devices...then you can use a "lighting" switch pad to also control functions.
Or your handheld TV remote control...etc.
Much better long term solution than just replacing the "dumb" screens with another.
Hi smoothtlk, do you have any suggestions on what control system could interface with the Essentia unit?
97clubspec is offline  
post #18 of 29 Old 02-19-2020, 03:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobone View Post
Nope, have not tried. But am very interested. Especially the 1".
The 2.7's looked feasible.
I am interested in retaining my single gang OLED controllers at my home and not render them dead and use only my mobile device to manage my audio.

If anyone knows how to repair these units, please let me know. I would pay for their repair.

Thank you

Walt Lane
Walt Lane is offline  
post #19 of 29 Old 02-20-2020, 11:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Hi @Walt Lane ,

I think that it would be very valuable if we could fix the displays and I understand that with 16 you have a large incentive.

IF you could find the correct replacement part, it would be quite easy for anyone with soldering capabilities to repair them for a small payment.
The problem is finding them. A few of us have tried to find the UK version and have come close, but there may have been some miminum ordering quantity that has prohibited experimentation.

It would be helpful if you could take one of your pads, carefully disassemble it and document any serial numbers that you find on the display inside.
Thereafter, Google and various (Asian) suppliers may help us find the right spare part.

I am no expert, but have maybe understood that you need the right size, pin-outs and driver/controller.

Best luck!

Last edited by Bobone; 02-20-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Bobone is offline  
post #20 of 29 Old 05-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: England
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi

This is my first post here so hello to everyone.

I have a nuvo essentia system that uses 12 of the NV-E6GCP-UK control panels. The OLED screens on around half of these have now failed. It looks as though replacements for these panels are no longer available in the UK however the newer NV-E6DKP-UK panels ( the ones without an OLD screen) are still available. Does anyone know if these are a direct replacement for the older style units and if I can replace my faulty panels with these, and so have a system that uses a combination of new and old panels in different rooms. Has anyone else done this?

Regards
Goresfield is offline  
post #21 of 29 Old 05-07-2020, 11:12 AM
Member
 
AlienWarlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goresfield View Post
I have a nuvo essentia system that uses 12 of the NV-E6GCP-UK control panels. The OLED screens on around half of these have now failed. It looks as though replacements for these panels are no longer available in the UK however the newer NV-E6DKP-UK panels ( the ones without an OLD screen) are still available. Does anyone know if these are a direct replacement for the older style units and if I can replace my faulty panels with these, and so have a system that uses a combination of new and old panels in different rooms. Has anyone else done this?

I don't think the NV-E6DKP-UK will work. That variety (with hard buttons and no screen) is for the original Essentia line and not the E6G (the 'Grand' Essentia line) that uses the keypads with the OLED display. You might want to check on the US spec keypads also (NV-I8GCP & NV-E6GCP). They should work fine, but the mounting will be a little bit difficult.

My semi-dedicated theater: The EXASCALE CINEMA

Last edited by AlienWarlock; 05-07-2020 at 11:16 AM.
AlienWarlock is offline  
post #22 of 29 Old 05-07-2020, 02:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: England
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWarlock View Post
I don't think the NV-E6DKP-UK will work. That variety (with hard buttons and no screen) is for the original Essentia line and not the E6G (the 'Grand' Essentia line) that uses the keypads with the OLED display. You might want to check on the US spec keypads also (NV-I8GCP & NV-E6GCP). They should work fine, but the mounting will be a little bit difficult.
Ok, thank you.

I didnt know that there had been two versions of the Essentia products, but that makes sense. My amps are described as "Essentia G", so that fits with what you say. The US spec panels are a different size to the UK so may look slightly odd, but its worth a try. I'll try to buy one and see if it works.

Thanks again for your help
Goresfield is offline  
post #23 of 29 Old 05-09-2020, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jautor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NW Houston, TX
Posts: 10,864
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goresfield View Post
I didnt know that there had been two versions of the Essentia products, but that makes sense. My amps are described as "Essentia G", so that fits with what you say. The US spec panels are a different size to the UK so may look slightly odd, but its worth a try. I'll try to buy one and see if it works.
I don't know how different the US vs UK parts are - I would assume they have the same design and parts, just different mounting parts (plastic, etc. - not the electronics). Since you're replacing faulty ones, you may be able to swap out the guts of a US model back into one of your existing UK models?

(oh, and I'll confirm the previous post, too - the keypads or other parts for the "D" vs "G" Essentia / Concerto models are definitely not compatible/interchangeable)

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
jautor is offline  
post #24 of 29 Old 05-09-2020, 03:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: England
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post
I don't know how different the US vs UK parts are - I would assume they have the same design and parts, just different mounting parts (plastic, etc. - not the electronics). Since you're replacing faulty ones, you may be able to swap out the guts of a US model back into one of your existing UK models?

(oh, and I'll confirm the previous post, too - the keypads or other parts for the "D" vs "G" Essentia / Concerto models are definitely not compatible/interchangeable)

Jeff
Thanks Jeff

Thats is what i was thinking. I have ordered a US panel, I'll connect it first to see if it works and, assuming it does, i will then set about modifying it to fit the UK back box. I'll post again to let you know if it works.

Regards
David
Goresfield is offline  
post #25 of 29 Old 05-10-2020, 07:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Which OLEDs did you order? The 2.7” or 1.0”?

If 1.0”, its a smart idea to try to move the whole display and corresponding IC that could have an easy pin socket.
Worst case you may need to find someone that can solder only the display (30 pins...). Should work if the UK and US displays are the same.
Could you please document with a close up picture of the US 1.0” display? (serial numbers, etc...)
Thanks!
Bobone is offline  
post #26 of 29 Old 05-10-2020, 09:57 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: England
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobone View Post
Which OLEDs did you order? The 2.7” or 1.0”?

If 1.0”, its a smart idea to try to move the whole display and corresponding IC that could have an easy pin socket.
Worst case you may need to find someone that can solder only the display (30 pins...). Should work if the UK and US displays are the same.
Could you please document with a close up picture of the US 1.0” display? (serial numbers, etc...)
Thanks!
Sorry, I wasn't very clear, it is the whole US control panel that I have ordered, not an OLED
Goresfield is offline  
post #27 of 29 Old 05-10-2020, 10:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I am with you, but there are two different models that will work.
1.0": NV-E6GCP-DC
2.7": NV-I8GCP

Both are too big for standard European wall mounts, hence the UK version.

Last edited by Bobone; 05-11-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Bobone is offline  
post #28 of 29 Old 05-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: England
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobone View Post
Which OLEDs did you order? The 2.7” or 1.0”?

If 1.0”, its a smart idea to try to move the whole display and corresponding IC that could have an easy pin socket.
Worst case you may need to find someone that can solder only the display (30 pins...). Should work if the UK and US displays are the same.
Could you please document with a close up picture of the US 1.0” display? (serial numbers, etc...)
Thanks!
Sorry, I wasn't very clear, it is the whole US control panel that I have ordered, not an OLED
Goresfield is offline  
post #29 of 29 Old 05-16-2020, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sweden
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 51
This version?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NV-E6GCP-DC...sAAOSwym1ecQIi

As I wrote previously and as Jautor pointed out, you might be able to carefully harvest the display to put into your UK model. Would be interesting for many if it works.
Bobone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
grand concerto , nuvo , oled

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off