Nuvo G Concerto, Essentia, MPS4, ... Integration, modernization and preservation - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 99Likes

post #481 of 638 Old 11-10-2019, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Cool How to set Spotify bitrate to 320kbps

Telnet to port 23:

>get spotify bitrate
SPOTIFY BITRATE 160

>set spotify bitrate 320
Ok (Remember to save your changes.)

>save
SaveSettings Ok

>get spotify bitrate
SPOTIFY BITRATE 320

The bitrate question had been itching for some time as I had seen some sort of setting when I examined the logs.
When looking at the MMS-5A specs I started to get curious and found a note in Autonomic's knowledgebase.
Using port 23 was a nice surprise!
Commanding "get" w/o a variable returns all the current setting values.
Not sure what else to change. Enabling Gracenote might be handy, but I have a good workaround.
Will let someone else test...

P.S. Seems like after saving the bitrate on port 23, I do not get kicked-out of port 5004 anymore!
I can't go back, so someone else will need to confirm this trick.
xs10shl likes this.

Last edited by Bobone; 11-11-2019 at 04:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 638 Old 11-10-2019, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs10shl View Post
Absent the ability to purchase a used Grand Concerto, I may have considered the Monoprice solution. But IMHO the Grand Concerto setup has better single-gang keypads, which are extremely expandable.

I'll be the first to say the NuVoNet advanced menuing protocol is a time-consuming Beeotch to program, but it does work for most use cases you'll have, and it allows you to have near-complete control over your system at the pad, without having to reach for your phone. In addition, when combined with Homeseer, you can essentially program it to give you menu options to do everything that Homeseer integrates with - dim the lights, lock the doors, enable the alarms, adjust the heat - you name it. Your keypad becomes your HA command center.
I started looking at these about 3 years ago. Ran across an original concerto system and almost bought it (first time I saw multi zone whole house audio systems). I started looking into options and was dead set on the Monoprice unit. Changed my mind last minute and picked up a grand concerto.

The only reason I mentioned that URL was the monoamp software which allows you to control the amp from your desktop - but also by sending web commands.

Other folks have also published a smarthings integration using a PC/RPI and there are APS out there for both android and apple that let you control that thing using an Ethernet to Serial interface module. I've done most of my planning of how to control my zones using those options - so now have to rethink some of that.

The concerto is definitely a more defined product and I really like the keypads. I hope to contribute to future development here and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for a MPS4 unit.
post #483 of 638 Old 11-10-2019, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Another question - I have seen a few references to MG1. It seems to be some sort of an interface but I was not able to find anything on the web. www.iotobox.com does not seem to carry this product.

Thanks!

Last edited by swapped; 11-10-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 638 Old 11-11-2019, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

jmorris644 was developing the MG1, but then he moved away from his Nuvo house and lost interest.
The project was up and running for over a year.

He was looking for someone to take over. You might want to contact him.
The MG1 was written in "Node-Red" on a RPi, I believe.

Your fastest and easiest move is otherwise to choose HomeSeer as platform. We are talking about major time savings!
Code and experience is available and VB.NET is very easy to read.
HomeSeer has a nice Chromecast plugin working flawlessly. Also plugins for Sonos, P300, Squeezebox, Plex, etc...

HS is very versatile for Home Automation. I am a bit stuck with VeraPlus, but had I started from scratch I would have chosen HS.
Today the two are bridged, but one day I will migrate fully... Already now, I run all my video surveillance from my HS3/MPS4 as well as a few of my z-wave devices.

Even if you were fond of "C-Linux-RPi", I would not let that distract you.
Although HS3 can run C# on Linux-RPi, VB-Windows-PC (e.g. MPS4) is more common and better supported here and elsewhere. (VB on RPi is also possible)
Unless you want to try hacking the iPhone-Nuvo Dock bridge within iOS?

Last edited by Bobone; 11-11-2019 at 04:01 AM.
post #485 of 638 Old 11-11-2019, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapped View Post
The only reason I mentioned that URL was the monoamp software which allows you to control the amp from your desktop - but also by sending web commands.

Other folks have also published a smarthings integration using a PC/RPI and there are APS out there for both android and apple that let you control that thing using an Ethernet to Serial interface module. I've done most of my planning of how to control my zones using those options - so now have to rethink some of that.

All you want to do is possible if you are planning on making things IP-based. I had a DigiOne SP attached to my GC serial port for a while, which provides IP<->serial connectivity. I used it to connect Homeworks QS to the GC, so Homeworks could command the GC to play and stop music when I left the room, or turned off the lights. However, after moving to Homeseer, I found I could customize everything I wanted in a more malleable fashion. With the addition of Homeseer, you can easily control the GC either via a browser, or via URL calls to Homeseer events which you've configured to run the GC. That stuff is trivial if you have Homeseer, but you'd be required to purchase HS3 and have a computer to run it on (They have great deals right now if you are so inclined, at 50% off).

If you go this route, and have an iPhone, there may be a way to create a series of Shortcuts to call the URLs on your Homeseer server, or use the Homesser mobile app in conjunction with your own Homeseer Devices to create a custom interface to the GC. This latter step I know works, because I've written code to auto-create within Homeseer a series of devices which represent my GC setup.
post #486 of 638 Old 11-11-2019, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

MMS Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojones111 View Post
Hi
Has anyone looked at some form of forced firmware update of MMS to v 5.3. possibly using the MSC USB firmware installer instead of the nuvo version? I ask as in the 5.1,5.2 and 5.3 releases they made some improvements to airplay stability and improvements to how Spotify worked.
http://kb.autonomic-controls.com/kb/...try&EntryID=60
For the daring:
http://kb.autonomic-controls.com/kb/...ry&EntryID=125
There is a "NuvoBridge" install option and a tab in the MCS like usual, but I can't find the .exe...
MCS overall pretty identical to Nuvo's version...
More streaming sources
SW is newly updated (many files from 2015 but core .exe's updated 2018-06)
Seems to lack a license: "Trial period has expired"
- Can I buy one somewhere?

I can get the flash interface to access my Nuvo MPS4 installation.
- same: interface is very similar but cooler design
- improvement: "Favorites" can be selected

Hmm, I would need to test this on a MSP4 to really evaluate.
@orlandojones111 , how far did you get?

Best case it just works!
Worst case, there might be some updated files to harvest.
xs10shl likes this.

Last edited by Bobone; 11-19-2019 at 11:09 AM.
post #487 of 638 Old 11-11-2019, 08:51 AM

Great progress, bobone! Hopefully SnapAV will take pity on us, and sell us a license on the cheap.

I first thought that this newer software would give us access to a newer version of the MCS iPhone client software as well, but apparently the Nuvo <--> MCS client communication is broken on the newer software, per one user's comments. It would be critical to also know that the existing iPhone NuVo client continues to work with the latest MCS.
post #488 of 638 Old 11-11-2019, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegorenberg View Post
Thank you, xs10shl and Bobone. I’m extremely fortunate to be able to pull the SSDs that have the original configurations for the MPS-4 and MPS-4E and start from scratch with new SSDs. There is nothing to lose! I will definitely document every specific step and post here (assuming success). Will contact Nuvo for Autonomic software download. It doesn’t seem too complicated, but that’s because you guys and the others on this thread already did all the work. I (and others) really appreciate the time and effort you put into this. Thank you again!
Seems I am stuck on the Win 7 conversion: Followed all steps and the MCS is running but there are no server outputs to be selected (on the web interface). Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting? I think XS10shl may have encountered this but I did not see the solution. Thank you!
post #489 of 638 Old 11-12-2019, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Seems I am stuck on the Win 7 conversion: Followed all steps and the MCS is running but there are no server outputs to be selected (on the web interface). Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting? I think XS10shl may have encountered this but I did not see the solution. Thank you!
You might be getting stuck here:
21) Media Source Tab - select WMP, and Split into Channels = True. Rename each of the 4 channels as you see fit, or just keep the default channel names. Save Settings. Reboot.

If fiddling with that tab doesn't help, then snap a picture of each tab and post it, so we see what your settings look like. Of note, you may have to reboot and examine the log files for where it's getting hung up. Are your extended menus being created at the keypads?
post #490 of 638 Old 11-12-2019, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

21) = 16) in the Win7 flow ("Resurrecting...")

Which brings us back to my question a few posts earlier: which versions should we recommend? Win7 or Win10?
(I have no experience with Win10 on a MPS4. Win7 works smoothly)

Last edited by Bobone; 11-12-2019 at 01:55 AM.
post #491 of 638 Old 11-12-2019, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

@aegorenberg or @xs10shl , at some point in your process I may want to ask you or someone else for a favor (not a Ukrainian one... ).

The topic is the "MMS experiment" posted above. It has high potential, but I am stuck!

It is really odd that I cannot get the basic MMS/MCS services running on my Win7 V1 whereas they run on my laptop Win10.
Worst case, the sw recognizes that it is a MPS4 and refuses to run.
I would like to eliminate that hypothesis and possibly understand if it is related to Win7/Win10.

The reason I ask is that you may be doing fresh installations at this moment on more than one SSD.
(Also, iterating with a HDD on my V1 is excruciating. Especially as each install turns on the firewall for Remote desktop)

Intead of installing Nuvo's version like you have just done, you would install the MMS on an untouched Windows installation. Easy!
If you have time, we can discuss details.

Thanks,
Bob

I have now harvested a nice litte windows app that can replace Nuvo's and now with "favorites".
The flash app follows the same design. Hopefully the whole flash package can replace Nuvo's so it can be run on the MPS4. (Now running on the crippled MMS install on my laptop, but each client can choose MCS server freely, including the MPS4). See screenshots below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MPS4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	2640010   Click image for larger version

Name:	MMS.jpg
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	2640012  

Last edited by Bobone; 11-12-2019 at 08:34 AM.
post #492 of 638 Old 11-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Hi, Bobone
Once I get this MPS4 E working on Win 7 32 bit, I can give the other iterations a try. Also, I have the MPS4 V1 already opened up for experimentation. The windows 7 updates seem like they take forever. My wife loves this “experiment” because I work on cleaning the garage while I wait for the updates. Importantly, I received the message on the MPS4E that it does not support 64 bit when I tried Win 7 64. Also, I noted that the RAM update posted was ddr3; both my units only accept ddr2, 200 pin. I am not sure if I have a different motherboard.
Bobone likes this.
post #493 of 638 Old 11-12-2019, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

V1 vs V2

“Elite" and "Standard" are just two different SW configurations that can run on the same HW platform.
The MPS4 was made in two HW platform generations: V1 and V2.

"MPS4-V2" is written on the front panel whereas V1 is named “MPS4” or “MPS4-E” for V1-Elite.
V1-Standard has a cover over the VGA port that you can unscrew.

V1 can support a maximum of 2GB RAM, V2 I believe max 4 GB with Windows 7.
V2 has a slightly faster processor, but the difference isn’t enormous. Both are 32bit.

Last edited by Bobone; 12-14-2019 at 04:07 PM.
post #494 of 638 Old 11-12-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobone View Post
@aegorenberg or @xs10shl , at some point in your process I may want to ask you or someone else for a favor.
At some point I need to go back to my Win10 MPS4, at which point I can look into it. My hope was that you'd have solved all the sticky points by then!

So here's the roadmap discussion question for the day - focus on MPS4/MCS evolution, or focus on NuVo/CCA/Sonos?

With respect to the newer MCS -I'm all for it if it works seamlessly and buys us a few more years of working streaming protocols, but I'd add this- as far as the MPS4 goes, finding an alternate solution which can utilize all four channel L/R outputs on the MPS4 (I was exploring Squeezebox for a while) is a substitute approach which may ultimately yield a more manageable and sustainable solution. Where I got stuck in my own endeavors was my inability to fully comprehend how the sound card channels were individually accessed, and I could only ever get Squeezebox working on channel A. (Btw, I get that Squeezebox is not a new solution by any means - but even though Squeezebox was given to the community in 2012, I've seen that the community remains quite active.)

As to other development apart from the MCS: I've really designed my HS code around the eventual removal of the MPS4 from the NuVo system, in favor of a Sonos/CCA/NuVo/NV-MP solution, which I find to be slighty more stable. The only somewhat cumbersome piece is control of NuVo from within Sonos or CCA, which the MacroBuilder sort-of does, but I'll be the first to say that it's not perfect.

Curious to hear others thoughts on the issue.
post #495 of 638 Old 11-13-2019, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

As always, you raise the good and sharp questions!

I stumbled across @orlandojones111 post a few days ago when I was cleaning up and structuring the thread, otherwise I was not really looking for an improvement to my set-up.

My system works really well now. I have basically not added any significant functionality during the past 6 months. I have no stability issues whatsoever.
I use the:
- CCA for Spotify "search & discovery" from my phone and for programmed podcasts from the panels (mainly dynamically scheduled news).
- MPS4/MCS for TuneIn radio, Spotify playlists and occasionally some mp3. Airplay is a backup to the CCA.
I also have a "dinner call" based on Paging and a mp3.

Panels are important to me and I also use the MPS4 app. I like it although it is slowish to fire up.
As you wrote, the panels are integrated with my home automation as well. To a very minor extent the app too (problems: GC menus do not appear and GC favorites are different from the MCS favorites in the app. I can however create MCS favorites that trigger home automation events, similar to the Sonos-Nuvo macrobuilder).

A small irritation is to not have an integrated or semi-integrated app for everything. Not sure that any maker has managed to do this well. Possibly Sonos, but I doubt.
Had Sonos or for that matter Nuvo opened up for integration and control of external units/zones it could have been ideal. The home automation apps that I have seen are not good enough.

My family mainly use their phone connected to the CCA. They love the simplicity. Airplay is used as backup. Will add another CCA to reduce congestion.
Slowly they are discovering the other tweaks that I have done (Spotify playlists from panel, dinner call and info for weather, trains, alarm, etc...)

So, I am a happy camper and looking for 5 years more, hopefully.
With my needs and 12 wired zones and 9 panels, Sonos has not been an option. Yet?

What trigger points could rock my boat?
- Spotify changes APIs so that the CCA or/and the MPS4 cease to work.
- Apple changes iOS so that the MPS4 app ceases to work.
- TuneIn changes their API. (could possibly use a similar solution to my podcasts for favorite radio stations)
- my panels get burned out. I have a major problem with two of my NV-E6GCP-UK 1.0” OLEDs, but the standard NV-I8GCP 2.7” OLEDs are doing fine.
- MPS4 or GC HW failure
- bitrate and general HiFi quality for some reason becomes an issue
- Airplay2 becomes a must (with metadata)

I suppose I am looking for a solution that would be maintained with regards to the main trigger points above.
Given that, the MMS/CMS is possibly, but probabaly not, a sustainable option as Autonomic is likely to drop support for it in a few years.

On the other hand they seem to have already integrated Spotify Connect and Airplay along with many streaming sources, so I am really curious.
Autonomic tech support has been friendly, but buying a SW license is proving to be difficult...
I have therefore started to consider buying a MMS on Ebay.
Possibly transplanting the motherboard to my MPS4 or the other way around, moving NuvoNet stuff over to the MMS.
Still unknown is of course if the critical Nuvobridge would work for apps, etc...

Finally, yes addressing the individual audio output channels would help a lot! Maybe a call to Atterrotech could solve part of the puzzle?
Neurorad and xs10shl like this.

Last edited by Bobone; 11-14-2019 at 07:12 AM.
post #496 of 638 Old 11-13-2019, 11:58 AM

Good points. Sad to acknowledge that the Grand Concerto shelf life is probably only another 5 years, perhaps a few more if we are lucky - and this likely wont be due to hardware failure (apart from the single-gang controls), but rather due to the "walled music gardens" closing in around us.
post #497 of 638 Old 11-14-2019, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Nah.... I hope you exaggerate the risk of walled gardens. Too many competitors.

I have spent a little time online to go deeper into the Autonomic MMS/MCS 5.3 specs.

My conclusion is that with the development that we have done with Chromecast, Spotify, Airplay and HomeSeer, we have reached more or less the same functionality as the latest (last?) Autonomics SW update 5.3
Remaining advantage with "MCS 5.3":
- More streaming sources (and possibly with a higher bitrate)
- Spotify search ability within the app and possibly a little more seamless usage
- Native Airplay quality

Advantage with "Forum solutions":
- Chromecast versatility. (I sometimes cast from my PC)
- HomeSeer integration
- flexibility?

Last edited by Bobone; 11-14-2019 at 04:22 PM.
post #498 of 638 Old 11-15-2019, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Got the MMS to "sort of" run on a fresh Win7 V1. We can thereby eliminate the negative hypothesis regarding MPS4 and Win7. ( @aegorenberg thank you for your support, but best you get your whole system up first)

Last edited by Bobone; 11-16-2019 at 06:35 PM.
post #499 of 638 Old 11-16-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs10shl View Post
You might be getting stuck here:
21) Media Source Tab - select WMP, and Split into Channels = True. Rename each of the 4 channels as you see fit, or just keep the default channel names. Save Settings. Reboot.

If fiddling with that tab doesn't help, then snap a picture of each tab and post it, so we see what your settings look like. Of note, you may have to reboot and examine the log files for where it's getting hung up. Are your extended menus being created at the keypads?
That took care of it! Thanks for the tip, xs10shl! Bobone, I can tackle the "project" now that I have had plenty of practice on the install.
post #500 of 638 Old 11-16-2019, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That took care of it! Thanks for the tip, xs10shl! Bobone, I can tackle the "project" now that I have had plenty of practice on the install.
Great! I am really happy that it worked out for you.

Your support could be very valuable, but you must have two machines. High risk.

I now have streaming sound!
But, can only select one of four channels ...
Some of the MMS stuff that I have tested is very good.
@xs10shl , time to jump in.

Last edited by Bobone; 11-16-2019 at 07:13 PM.
post #501 of 638 Old 11-16-2019, 07:12 PM

Bobone, I have two machines, both RevA and both only able to handle 2 G RAM. Is the install process identical? I have multiple SSDs because of my job, and pulled the second unit from my office because we were not using it.

Last edited by aegorenberg; 11-16-2019 at 07:26 PM.
post #502 of 638 Old 11-16-2019, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Bobone, I have two machines, both RevA and both only able to handle 2 G RAM. Is the install process identical?
Yes similar, but it is part of many issues that we need to understand.

Current status:
- I can get the MMS running and produce sound on one output
- New and updated streaming sources, Airplay and Spotify Connect are all very nice. I have tested them.

I have identified three problem areas that need research.

1) Basic installation
2) Sound outputs
3) Integration

1) Basic installation
A useful area to do carefully the first time so that we learn something. I have come past this step w/o being sure how I did it and do not want to rock my boat.
Preparations:
- on a 100% blank and updated Win7 installation, complement with the usual C++ Runtimes, VLC and Bonjour. (I may have had problems with .NET 4.8 that I updated to by error. Best to remove it for testing)
- save a system image of C on another partition. Thereby you can easily go back to a virgin installation including the registry. Important.

Alternative 1) (worked for me):
- install Nuvo's SW. Get it to work.
- save a copy of the installation key ACMCS20.dlsc on another partition. It is found in a subfolder to \Program data (unhide).
- then install MMS

Alternative 2)
- install directly MMS. Check if it works.
- if not, insert the key in the right folder. Check if it works.

However, the ideal process that I would ask you to do first is:
- Try installing the MMS directly.
- If that fails (likely) restore system image.
- Install Nuvo. Get it to work. Harvest key and then restore system image.
- Install MMS. If it fails. Insert Key.
- If that works. Fine! You now have a different installation than I have. Important for the next steps.
- If it doesn't, Restore image and proceed with Alt1).
==> we have learned something and you are up and running.
==> "Licensed for Mirage PolyTune streaming use by NuVo MPS4."

Please install with the NuvoBridge option unchecked and note:
- do you get a NuVoBridge tab in the Config app?
- do you get a Nuvo Bridge.xml file in the program data folder?
- any other observation?

Remember, each setting change normally requires a reboot of the system to check if it works. This especially true for the Config app.
Criteria for success:
- you can save settings in the MCS Config app without a crash. Remember to set each application to WinXP compatibility mode.
- at least one ahcshell.exe process has started. These are the server instances for each output. Typiclly 4 on a functionning Nuvo.
- flash app (\ipadress\Mirage) fires up, finds your server and does not indicate a license issue.
A positive observation with MMS is that a reboot is much faster than with Nuvo...

2) Sound outputs.
This problem area is similar, but perhaps not identical to the one that we have observed before (xs10shl with Squeezebox and I with Cygwin).
The MMS server, despite being capable of splitting the Attero 7.1 card into 4 pairs, only chooses the first channel.
I see two approaches:
a) MMS can only choose among windows enumerated outputs. In this case we need to work on that topic. Maybe reaching out to Attero or elsewhere on the Internet. If that succceeds, it could help with many areas such as Squeezebox or a less sensitive Airplay on the MPS4.
This is an important and should be within our reach? What do you say @xs10shl ?
b) There is some setting that we have not understood yet.
Selecting music system in the \config page has effect on the possibility to associate music outputs (MMS) with amplifier inputs.
By disabling all other sound outputs than Aterro and splitting Attero into 4, I have managed to get something that "looks" correct in the saved settings, fires up 4 server instances but is not possible to select in the music app.
Do not understand.

3) Integration.
A few possible ideas forward:
a) get the NuvoBridge to work somehow...
- Is there something under the hood? MRAD.conf.xml has the same content as Nuvo Bridge.xml had
- Can we reutilize the old NuvoBridge.exe (I have not succeeded).
- repipe the MMS control over TCP/IP to serial (COM2) with VSPE? Have not identified any traffic though...
b) Use an officially supported interface (KNX, Creston, Lutron, ...)
- would then need to connect it to Nuvo in some smart way. Might be tedious.
- any ideas or competence available?
c) Build a whole new interface directly to MMS
- http://kb.autonomic-controls.com/kb/...ry&EntryID=189
- very much work

Last edited by Bobone; 11-17-2019 at 06:43 AM.
post #503 of 638 Old 11-17-2019, 10:11 AM

Hi, Bobone. How did you disable all sound outputs besides Aterro, to get the 4 outputs? I have encountered the same issue. Thanks!
post #504 of 638 Old 11-17-2019, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hi, Bobone. How did you disable all sound outputs besides Aterro, to get the 4 outputs? I have encountered the same issue. Thanks!
You do it in the Sound setting in Windows. Disable everything but Attero.
I had it working, just like Nuvo MPS4, then I lost it....
Need to find the right mix of settings again.
post #505 of 638 Old 11-17-2019, 01:48 PM

I used Alternative 2. The MMS is running fine. Have 4 outputs without making any changes. No license issues. Have Spotify streaming but can only control the sound using the [ip]/mirage web interface and it does not allow selection of zones; ZERO metadata on keypads. Just getting the sound. My configuration settings are as follows:
Audio System: Other supported system: [IP]: 17037 (autopopulated the port)
Audio outputs: A, B, C, D -> 1, 2, 3, 4
Control system: none
Lutron: none
Zones 1-12 checked

There are a lot of variables to tweak. Any suggestion on the metadata issue? COM 1 and 2 were enabled; tried disabling COM 1 without benefit and then disabling COM 2 (and enabling COM 1) without benefit.
post #506 of 638 Old 11-17-2019, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Great news!
So you never installed Nuvo on that partition? If so, great for simplicity and that both alternatives probably work!

I'm back with metadata and able to select zones from all app(s)!
I find the Nuvo app slightly more stable.

Currently listening to two TuneIn sources and playing an MP3. Have not managed to login to Spotify.
One source lost its metadata when I started testing Airplay and Spotify Connect (works without account).
- the UX is confused: In my Spotify iOS app I get to select Zones to cast to and not Sources, yet the Sources are selected in \Config for AirPlay & Connect

In general having some stability issues. Seeing pretty wild CPU spikes. Hopefully we can tune this to still work on V1...
(I am testing on the same machine as you have)

All settings are "None", including Audio system.

Additonally, I have manipulated the files in \Program Data that I attach.
(txt should be xml)
Edit: I believe that MRAD is the critical one

I hope that this will be enough!

Furthermore, I have attempted to move back some NuvoBridge files.
I do not know if this helps or is a problem.

I have transplanted:
Autonomic.NuvoBridge (Application)
Autonomic.NuvoBridge.exe (Config)
Autonomic.Utilities.dll (Application extension)
Autonomic.Interfaces.dll (Application extension)

Furthermore I try launching NuvoBridge as a Service at startup.

NuvoBridge runs wild for while and then gets shut down. Maybe it has time to configure something.
I hope we don't need any of the files above...

BTW, MPS4, Concerto and NuVoNet should be connected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.jpg
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	2642368  
Attached Files
File Type: txt MCE Control Server.txt (3.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: txt MRAD.config.txt (1.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Bobone; 11-17-2019 at 03:17 PM.
post #507 of 638 Old 11-17-2019, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Finally pretty simple:

No need for the old NuvoBridge stuff.
- It seems to be included in the main application today. Nuvo command protocol works on port 5006.

Keep an eye on the critical MRAD.xml:
- using the Config app or /Config page invariably destroys the port ID "COM2" (com1 for V2) or even worse, the MCSclient settings.

Caveat:
I did a Alt1) install, i.e. an "upgrade" of the current Nuvo system without erasing anything.
Maybe unknown files and registry settings have helped, like zone names.

But WOW, this changes everything!!!

Even Spotify playlists are back...
... but mine are cooler

Last edited by Bobone; 11-18-2019 at 03:57 AM.
post #508 of 638 Old 11-18-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobone View Post
Wow! Finally pretty simple:
Congratulations, guys! Can you post what you think is the correct install over an already-configured MPS4? I'm not following what tweaks and changes were made since you got everything working.

Also, I'm not following - is this a feature-complete replacement, or an additional UI? If NuVo music port is running, is this just an additional source? I'm also assuming that the Nuvo-specific zone controls are not functional in the new software app?
post #509 of 638 Old 11-18-2019, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

This is a feature-complete “upgrade”. Everything works like before or better. The iOS apps work beautifully.
A revolution.

Last edited by Bobone; 11-18-2019 at 01:38 AM.
post #510 of 638 Old 11-18-2019, 11:18 AM

So just for prep, I downloaded the MMS 5.3 from Apple onto an iPad and iPhone, and pointed it towards the MPS4. Even without installing the server, a lot is already working. 3rd party source metadata support is still only half-baked, and doesn't appear to work seamlessly. Furthermore, the App is still not properly updating images (although to be fair, that may be a software bug on my end, or a server-side bug, because I've yet to upgrade it).

Streaming music options does not display at all, but metadata will update if it's selected from an alternate keypad.

How is the airplay support on the new server? I never got it working on my existing setup, curious to try again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
essentia , grand concerto , mps4 , nuvo , nuvonet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page