Please do not quote this post as it will be edited for improvements.
The updating procedure below is based on a running MPS4.
The latest update works perfectly on a machine upgraded to Win7 as instructed elsewhere in this thread.
Updating the original MPS4 is almost as powerful. However, the second and third configuration step cannot be done as below. Please read this post for further information.
1) Read carefully post How to repair the MPS4 SW with USB
. You will need it for this update and also to restore if everything fails
2) Make a Windows system image of C:\Autonomic on another disc
3) Save a copy of your license key (C:\Program Data\Autonomic Controls\) on a different disc
4) For reference, save a copy of Nuvo Bridge.xml in the folder above on your desktop
0) Disable other playback devices in Windows except for Attero
1) Download installation file from: http://kb.autonomic-controls.com/kb/...ry&EntryID=125
2) Launch installation file as Administrator and in WinXP SP3 compatible mode for all users
3) During the process the Firewall gets reset. This turns off RDT and other permissions that you may have enabled, but not VNC.
4) At the last step, uncheck the option to reboot immediately
5) Set properties for all applications (type) in \Autonomic Controls\Media Control Server\bin\FX2_0\ to run as Administrator
and in WinXP SP3
compatible mode for all users
if necessary (One new app to set)
6) If necessary (no screen), make sure that VNC will start automatically (registry setting or service)
Ensure that services are running
1) Open \task manager\services tab and press Services button
2) Control that the two Autonomic Services are running
- If not, set \properties\Log-on: "Local System account" and reboot
3) Keep an eye on the Bonjour service as well.
First iteration to configure servers
1) Open MCS Configuration applet (do not open web page \\ipaddr\Config !)
2) Control server: Make sure that all serial control ports are disabled.
2) Press to repair firewall if necessary
3) Media Sources: Windows Media Player & Split into channels
4) Online credentials: most get inherited, but some credentials (Spotify) do not get inherited properly or cannot be set here. They are set in the second iteration below.
5) Nuvo Bridge: Select Connection "Automatic" and press "Discover".
5) If your old source-input configuration does not come up, reconfigure as you wish.
6) Select Connection: "COM1" for V2 or "COM2" for V1
7) Save and close the app
8) Check \ProgramData\Autonomic Controls\MRAD.config.xml. It should be very similar to NuvoBridge.xml saved during preparations.
- If necessary, replace: <RS232Port id="?" with <RS232Port id="COM2" for V1 and “COM1” for V2. Save file.
- Save reference copies of MRAD.config and MCE Control Server
Open your Nuvo apps and reconnect. It can take a while. Many things should already work now.
Second iteration to configure servers:
Warning: opening the web page \\ipaddr\Config\Source settings and doing any selection, will require you to restore MRAD.config.
1) Open \\ipaddr\Config\Firmware and check your license.
2) Goto Content tab
3) Set your online credentials first and thereafter hide the music services that you will not need.
4) Save (make sure).
5) Save reference copies of MRAD.config and MCE Control Server (you can see if MCE has changed)
6) Reboot for changes to stick
You should now be rocking!
Third and final iteration
As an additional feature, you can define zone-based speaker selection from music apps for AirPlay & Spotify Connect :
1) Open web page \\ipaddr\Config\Sources settings
- “Server Audio Outputs” should look nice with four output-input pairs. Otherwise you need to go to the first iteration.
- At the very bottom, you will find the same four sources enabled for Airplay
2) In “Audio System”, select "Other Mirage Amp"
3) The Airplay settings should now get populated by your zones. Select which zones to appear in music apps.
- A great new function! On some older phones, the number and order of Spotify Connect zones that finally appear varies.
4) Now, in “Audio System” select “None”.
5) No need to save. The zone selection(s) are flagged in the registry as soon as you modify them. Kill browser tab
6) Restore MRAD.config
- Either from your copy Or by configuring the NuvoBridge tab in the Config applet as above